Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 152

Thread: Northwood

  1. #31

    Default

    anyone has the floorplan for the ground floor??

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    anyone has the floorplan for the ground floor??

    Is there a showflat to view??

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oapsg
    Is there a showflat to view??
    Going to TOP in 2-3 months. No showflat, can see actual units.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    Oh so the 380psf is not the average. Good. So then using the method, the estimated value would be about 520 - 620psf.

    Your data above clearly show us that the valuation of a property has nothing to do with the cost that first buyer (or even the developer) paid for the property. Otherwise property prices will never dip below launch price.

    For Northwood, I stil think good price to get is about 550psf. And I think is achievable. Be patient........
    Yes, the developer price is fixed by developer. The resale price is fixed by owner who may be a desperate owner. Not to mention that property behaves like a wave... got its up and down. If you get it at a high point and cannot hold or had to liquidate for whatever reason during a low point... the prevailing market price will prevail. That's why it ends up with below developer's price. If the owner could hold, a fair offer should be the one giving him some profit for the opportunity cost lost. It also makes it easier for him to decide. As to other scenarios... sometimes they are termed as 'burnt, fried, bankrupt or whatever'. It's like waiting for durian to fall if it is really below developer's price.

  5. #35

    Default

    That is why we have to be cautious when buying in a uptrend market. For whatever reasons that may happen in future, we don't want to be caught in a situation where we need to sell in a low market....and we never know how long that low market will last. Those who bought high in 1996 probably was not able to sell without a loss for 10years till 2007....

    Looking at the sales data for Northwood for transactions done in Jun and Jul, all seems to be selling below launch price...especially the one done at 506psf....real good deal. I wonder if this are those ground floor units where the psf is generally lower than the rest due to the patio??

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Hu
    Going to TOP in 2-3 months. No showflat, can see actual units.
    Can agents bring us to see actual units now??

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    Can agents bring us to see actual units now??
    yes, can see from the road side. Cannot venture in without obtaining permission.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    That is why we have to be cautious when buying in a uptrend market. For whatever reasons that may happen in future, we don't want to be caught in a situation where we need to sell in a low market....and we never know how long that low market will last. Those who bought high in 1996 probably was not able to sell without a loss for 10years till 2007....

    Looking at the sales data for Northwood for transactions done in Jun and Jul, all seems to be selling below launch price...especially the one done at 506psf....real good deal. I wonder if this are those ground floor units where the psf is generally lower than the rest due to the patio??
    u can check unit number and size at streetsine.com

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    Can agents bring us to see actual units now??
    Cannot, because construction agent scared of injury will affect TOP date.

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by housewife
    u can check unit number and size at streetsine.com
    But need to pay for all stacks. Ok, if we zoom down to the unit we want.

Posting Permissions