Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 141 to 152 of 152

Thread: Northwood

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    yup... leaving..... (living)

    Everything is nice except the noise. Anywhere near airports are subject to it. How about Casa Meya?

    25 Meyappa Chettiar Road #08-03
    Freehold
    $506
    1206
    $610k
    20 Oct 09
    25 Meyappa Chettiar Road #06-03
    Freehold
    $518
    1206
    $625k
    20 Oct 09
    http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housi...-CASA-MEYA.htm

    they selling 1053psf leh...

    recently TOP'ed?? This is in Potong Pasir - not relevant

  2. #142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housi...-CASA-MEYA.htm

    they selling 1053psf leh...

    recently TOP'ed?? This is in Potong Pasir - not relevant
    Yup, replied since he said saint michael area, back to northwood...

    why is it named northwood and northgold, northwater, northlight, northland... other elements.

  3. #143
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Yup, replied since he said saint michael area, back to northwood...

    why is it named northwood and northgold, northwater, northlight, northland... other elements.
    ha ha that true..when i heard this north WOOD..1st thing come into my mind is in woodlands...don know why
    but again..is just a name...

  4. #144

    Default noise?

    i was there on a weekday with my fengshui master. His comment is positive as the place is quiet ( good for living). On another weekday with my renovation contractor, we stayed there from 12-5 pm and did not have a chance to witness the so called helicopter noise coming from the barracks. A quick check with a resident who was at the pool side also confirmed that the frequent helicopter noise is not as noisy as what people are claiming in the forum.

    I also spoke to the management office person ( office happen to be within Northwood premises) and he also informed me that he hardly hear any high decibel noise coming from the nearby camp. It is occasional that you hear the helicopter zoomng past the condo.

    Another quick check with the cleaner at the nearby Sembawang Country Club( yes I am a member there) and confirmed that the helicopter noise is not significant enough to call it as Deafening.

    I am moving into the new unit in JUNE. Looking forward to my first taste "living" in a freehold condo.






    Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    2 main factors made me walk away from Northwood:

    1. Potential helicopter noise. Maybe I was unlucky to encounter that rare occasion that the small heli was near the condo...but i did hear it clearly and for long enough on that night that i walk around the condo. I have school going kids, so I do not want to risk any noise pollution.
    2. Price - the price for Northwood is getting out of my comfort zone. And for less, I got myself a bigger unit in Rosewood Suites, that suit my needs better. I always wanted a 4 bedroom cause then i can get a study room for the kids and myself....

    Anyway, buyers do your own homework and decide whether you like the location etc etc....anyone can say anything here...true or not...just go to the condo on different days, different timing and watch and hear for yourself, the noise, the sun etc etc....if you like it...buy it...

  5. #145

    Default

    I am glad you like the place, thats the most important isn't it, especially for self stay.

    Do homework, like it, buy it...simple as that...

    Quote Originally Posted by sebas3049
    i was there on a weekday with my fengshui master. His comment is positive as the place is quiet ( good for living). On another weekday with my renovation contractor, we stayed there from 12-5 pm and did not have a chance to witness the so called helicopter noise coming from the barracks. A quick check with a resident who was at the pool side also confirmed that the frequent helicopter noise is not as noisy as what people are claiming in the forum.

    I also spoke to the management office person ( office happen to be within Northwood premises) and he also informed me that he hardly hear any high decibel noise coming from the nearby camp. It is occasional that you hear the helicopter zoomng past the condo.

    Another quick check with the cleaner at the nearby Sembawang Country Club( yes I am a member there) and confirmed that the helicopter noise is not significant enough to call it as Deafening.

    I am moving into the new unit in JUNE. Looking forward to my first taste "living" in a freehold condo.

  6. #146

    Default Thanks for your comment

    Hey Dude,

    Thanks for your words. I fully agree with you.
    If you like the unit, no matter what or how others view, you willl still buy it. Go with your heart and (money) sense and everything will be alright.

    I just make friend with another forum user here. Nice chap.
    He also got a unit and had moved in this year. Both of us shared the same thoughts- we want a place that we can call home, where we can relax at the balcony with a glass of wine or beer , unlike some property that is over-crowded with locals and PR foreigners crowding the babarcue pits, function room and swimming pool on a weekend. I have lived in HDB my whole life and I am not racist or anything like that, but I have friends living in an existing condo ( more than 10 yrs old) and most of the owners or tenants are mostly from China or India.

    By the way, are you that guy who bought a unit in Woodlands? is it Rosewood or some others? Hope you like your place too.


    Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    I am glad you like the place, thats the most important isn't it, especially for self stay.

    Do homework, like it, buy it...simple as that...

  7. #147

    Default Northwood price

    NORTHWOOD JALAN MATA AYERCondominium1980,0001,335Strata734Apr-
    Northwood latest URA transaction (Apr 2010) is 734psf!!!
    Up Up Up!!

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sebas3049
    NORTHWOOD JALAN MATA AYERCondominium1980,0001,335Strata734Apr-
    Northwood latest URA transaction (Apr 2010) is 734psf!!!
    Up Up Up!!
    Just checked the caveats for NW - the psf actually passed 800psf...

    Think whole of the far north is slowing but surely moving up...

  9. #149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Just checked the caveats for NW - the psf actually passed 800psf...

    Think whole of the far north is slowing but surely moving up...
    I visited sensoria FH, 2bedder selling 860K, still can nego. Check it out. new and nice project although only 70+ units.

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    I visited sensoria FH, 2bedder selling 860K, still can nego. Check it out. new and nice project although only 70+ units.
    I've seen it before - nice balinese theme but lack of facilities. Also do you know the carpark entrance is one lane only? Which means if you want to go in and someone wants to come out one has to give way.

    Psf is actually higher than Northwood, which is bigger and newer - good thing is that it takes 5min to walk to Sembawang shopping centre.

    Anyway gave this a miss especially when u consider that their buying price was around 500psf (some lower)

  11. #151

    Default

    Hi is this project still worth buying?
    Am looking to purchase a FH north area.
    Current price is ard $970psf.
    For advice/comments. Thanks

  12. #152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy82 View Post
    Hi is this project still worth buying?
    Am looking to purchase a FH north area.
    Current price is ard $970psf.
    For advice/comments. Thanks
    You got to love the noise.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •