Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Northwood

anyone has the floorplan for the ground floor??

Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    anyone has the floorplan for the ground floor??

Is there a showflat to view??

Quote Originally Posted by oapsg
    Is there a showflat to view??
    Going to TOP in 2-3 months. No showflat, can see actual units.

Oh so the 380psf is not the average. Good. So then using the method, the estimated value would be about 520 - 620psf.

Your data above clearly show us that the valuation of a property has nothing to do with the cost that first buyer (or even the developer) paid for the property. Otherwise property prices will never dip below launch price.

For Northwood, I stil think good price to get is about 550psf. And I think is achievable. Be patient........
    Yes, the developer price is fixed by developer. The resale price is fixed by owner who may be a desperate owner. Not to mention that property behaves like a wave... got its up and down. If you get it at a high point and cannot hold or had to liquidate for whatever reason during a low point... the prevailing market price will prevail. That's why it ends up with below developer's price. If the owner could hold, a fair offer should be the one giving him some profit for the opportunity cost lost. It also makes it easier for him to decide. As to other scenarios... sometimes they are termed as 'burnt, fried, bankrupt or whatever'. It's like waiting for durian to fall if it is really below developer's price.

That is why we have to be cautious when buying in a uptrend market. For whatever reasons that may happen in future, we don't want to be caught in a situation where we need to sell in a low market....and we never know how long that low market will last. Those who bought high in 1996 probably was not able to sell without a loss for 10years till 2007....

Looking at the sales data for Northwood for transactions done in Jun and Jul, all seems to be selling below launch price...especially the one done at 506psf....real good deal. I wonder if this are those ground floor units where the psf is generally lower than the rest due to the patio??

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Hu
    Going to TOP in 2-3 months. No showflat, can see actual units.
    Can agents bring us to see actual units now??

yes, can see from the road side. Cannot venture in without obtaining permission.

That is why we have to be cautious when buying in a uptrend market. For whatever reasons that may happen in future, we don't want to be caught in a situation where we need to sell in a low market....and we never know how long that low market will last. Those who bought high in 1996 probably was not able to sell without a loss for 10years till 2007....

Looking at the sales data for Northwood for transactions done in Jun and Jul, all seems to be selling below launch price...especially the one done at 506psf....real good deal. I wonder if this are those ground floor units where the psf is generally lower than the rest due to the patio??
    u can check unit number and size at streetsine.com

Cannot, because construction agent scared of injury will affect TOP date.

Quote Originally Posted by housewife
    u can check unit number and size at streetsine.com
    But need to pay for all stacks. Ok, if we zoom down to the unit we want.

I think the launch price is 600+...the 400+ in the chart is probably for the penthouse and the groundfloor...I am not sure. But all the other reports point to a 600+ launch price.

I was there again tonight at 930...the helicopter sound is very audible and it doesn't sound as if the helicopter if flying away...it just seems to be hovering there.....is this the usual everynight? (Btw i was there for 10 mins and for the whole 10 mins, the sound was there....)

I've been staying in the general vicinity for 22+ years, 1st in Sembawang (near Nee Soon Camp) and now in Woodlands (near S'pore Sports School). the helicopter flight paths are above this area. The choppers fly day and night regardless of weekdays and weekends and u can hear them very audibly. The frequency increases as Aug approaches coz of the practices for NDP. U can even see parachutists jumping out for a few months before that.

My 3-yr-old boy is thrilled to see them. He spends hours sitting at the balcony at my parents' place (Sembawang) watching the choppers fly by and this happens every few minutes. when they fly at nite, it can be as late as 9pm+. I know coz I "monitor" their timing for my boy's watching pleasure. Imagine how "sound surround" the chopper flying sound will be should u be staying at Northwood ;-)

But need to pay for all stacks. Ok, if we zoom down to the unit we want.
    pay ? dun get what u mean.
    $572psf one is 01-xx, $617psf is 02-xx. cannot find the $506psf one in streetsine or URA. it didn't lodge caveats? why some not in caveats lodged?

$572psf one is 01-xx, $617psf is 02-xx. cannot find the $506psf one in streetsine or URA. it didn't lodge caveats? why some not in caveats lodged?
    cash purchase without loan. "Secretive deals"

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    cash purchase without loan. "Secretive deals"
    who lodge caveats, lawyer or bank? are all cash purchases not lodged and all loan lodged? thanx

who lodge caveats, lawyer or bank? are all cash purchases not lodged and all loan lodged? thanx
    ask your lawyer on what is the purpose of caveats? Go figure.

Caveat: A caveat is usually lodged by the purchaser to protect his/her interest soon after an option to purchase a property is exercised or a sale/purchase agreement is signed. We use information from caveats with "Options exercised" as grounds of claim to compute our property price indices. As the lodgement of caveats is voluntary, and there is usually a time-lag of a few months from the point of purchase of a private residential unit direct from a developer to the lodgement of a caveat for that unit, the transaction database in REALIS may not reflect all the units sold directly by developers.

http://www.sla.gov.sg/htm/faq/faq02.htm some faqs

Sorry for not being clear. Purchasing home report from Streetsine required $25each for each unit, hence it is not feasible if we need to find out about multiple units.

I saw the $506psf from a website. Will find it and posted the link here.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    I've been staying in the general vicinity for 22+ years, 1st in Sembawang (near Nee Soon Camp) and now in Woodlands (near S'pore Sports School). the helicopter flight paths are above this area. The choppers fly day and night regardless of weekdays and weekends and u can hear them very audibly. The frequency increases as Aug approaches coz of the practices for NDP. U can even see parachutists jumping out for a few months before that.

My 3-yr-old boy is thrilled to see them. He spends hours sitting at the balcony at my parents' place (Sembawang) watching the choppers fly by and this happens every few minutes. when they fly at nite, it can be as late as 9pm+. I know coz I "monitor" their timing for my boy's watching pleasure. Imagine how "sound surround" the chopper flying sound will be should u be staying at Northwood ;-)
    Thanks for the advice. Need to pay lower if wanted to stay here.

Let's wait....shd be able tp get a good price soon....

Yest an agent quoted me some 750psf...hahaha

Sorry for not being clear. Purchasing home report from Streetsine required $25each for each unit, hence it is not feasible if we need to find out about multiple units.

SISV Link
    http://www2.realink21.com/npp2/transacted_private.aspx

what i usually do is to get unit number from http://www.streetsine.com/main.html
    (free) and get floorplan from http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housi...ONDOMINIUM.htm
    which also shows stack number. What other information r u looking for that requires fee?

Default Project Details

Heritage Residences, exclusive freehold apartments

A living icon of nostalgia with a contemporary twist.
    Location/ Address Clubhouse 64 Jalan Mata Ayer S(759158)
    60 Jalan Mata Ayer S(759158)
    62 Jalan Mata Ayer S(759159)
    66 Jalan Mata Ayer S(759160)
    68 Jalan Mata Ayer S(757487)
    70 Jalan Mata Ayer S(757488)
    72 Jalan Mata Ayer S(757489)
    Developer UIC Investment Pte Ltd
    Tenure Estate in Fee Simple (Freehold)
    Total units 140 units
    Project Account UOB Ltd for Project A/C No. 352-332-707-9 of UIC Investment Pte Ltd - NorthWood
    Showflat Tel No. 64826766, 64826778
    Description Condominium Development comprising seven 5-Storey oriented mostly in the North South & East Direction. Basement carpark and communal facilities
    Expected TOP / Physical Completion 30 September 2010
    Expected Date of Legal Completion 30 September 2012
    Site Area Approx. 12,101.50 sq m / 131,874 sq ft (Condo)
    Plot Ratio 1.4
    Total Number of Units 140
    No. ofCar Parks Lots 154 (inclusive of 2 nos handicap lots)
    Recreational Facilities Pavilions / Party Plaza, Sun Deck, Main Pool, Children’s Pool, Children’s Play Area, Jacuzzi Pool, Fitness Stations/Jogging Track

Clubhouse with:
    Multi-purpose Function Room, Gymnasium, Male and Female Changing Rooms, Management Office
    Typical Unit Distribution
    2 Bedroom (A1) 105 – 108 sqm - 4 %
    3 Bedroom (B1/B2/B3/B4) 122 - 135 sqm - 76%
    3 Bedroom Penthouse (B2p/B3p/B4p) 124 – 193 sqm - 9%
    4 Bedroom (C1/C2) 151 – 152 sqm - 9%
    4 Bedroom penthouse (B1p/B3p/C1p/C2p) 205 – 213 sqm - 2%
    Design Philosophy
    The proposed “NorthWood” Condominium features a chic resort- style tropical living, coupled with contemporary sophistication.

“Living in the tropics……….. its about………………”
    The tropics are a hotel bed of botanical exuberance, with their intensity of colour, scent and sensual surrounding.

The outdoor lifestyle
    Life spills over quite simply and naturally to the outdoors. Its rejuvenates the soul, mind and body.

Dissolving the boundaries between the inside and the outside
    To reach out to the open, for its abundance of air and light energy. To connect the interiors with exteriors and be surrounded with nature.

A sense of belonging
    To create a cohesive Framework which enriches to a visual source and a sense of belonging to nature.

Thanks for the advice. Need to pay lower if wanted to stay here.
    What price are you looking at?

What price are you looking at?
    Actually, was willing to pay up to $880k for 1335sqft 3BR at stack 7 to 13. I consulted my uncle who was very experienced in property investment, and was given a "lecture" by him.
    1. There is not much investment values to purchase a property at Far North.
    2. There is not point to purchase a new property as it is at least 20% more expensive than a resales one.
    3. In Far North, potential upgraders are budget buyers whom are not willing to pay a premium for property ( I happened to be one of them), hence I will have issue selling it later.
    4. With a budget of $800k to $1M, I can easily get a 2BR at D15 district which is freehold.

Lastly, my agent had checked with several banks and the highest valuation given is $830k, and most owner going to sell from $900k onwards. Good luck to first owner on DPS scheme when TOP come.

Now I had almost give up hope to buy an unit at Northwood.

No need to rush in if you have a roof over your head. Take your time... the banks needs time to do their work.

Properties in the north are mainly for self stay folks... with room for a little capital gain. Generally still able to gain... just not as much as other areas...

no developer interested in 2 land parcels for sale for sometime... one beside lilydale and one beside Yishun Emerald... although both 99 years lease... they are better in location that this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    No need to rush in if you have a roof over your head. Take your time... the banks needs time to do their work.

Properties in the north are mainly for self stay folks... with room for a little capital gain. Generally still able to gain... just not as much as other areas...

no developer interested in 2 land parcels for sale for sometime... one beside lilydale and one beside Yishun Emerald... although both 99 years lease... they are better in location that this one.
    Yes, no rush for a roof. Not sure about your point 2. Checked
    and confirmed that Seletaris and Euphony Garden first owners suffered loss. Recently trasactions at Sensoria also pointing to the same trend - Resales at 599 - 642 psf while owner in Jun 07 get around 634 psf

I do agree that Far North has not much investment value and also selling it may be difficult next time as the condo is only attractive to people who are currently staying in the North. Hence I am very concern abt buying at such high price.

Maybe should change my focus back to Calrose instead...

Forget to mention that the first 3 transactions of Northwood were also sold at a loss.

Yes, no rush for a roof. Not sure about your point 2. Checked
    and confirmed that Seletaris and Euphony Garden first owners suffered loss. Recently trasactions at Sensoria also pointing to the same trend - Resales at 599 - 642 psf while owner in Jun 07 get around 634 psf
    Yes... thanks for the correction... i meant to say HDB's.... after the 97/98 peak.

Generally private in the north has little room for price appreciation... some owners suffferred losses also...both ways... never a case of all owners suffered losses. Timing and selection criteria is very important.

Forget to mention that the first 3 transactions of Northwood were also sold at a loss.
    U mean the 3 transactions that we have seen so far are the only sub sale that Northwood has?

Wow....looks kind of hard to sell but then again maybe most bot for own stay hence all not selling....