Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Northwood

Default Northwood

Looking for a condo for own stay. Anyone can assist to post the launch price of the condo? Went to see Pierce @ Meadows and was shocked to see the high launch price. Any cons buying this condo, beside the noise from heicopter?

Here is some pricing history for northwoods.
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/963/northwoods

I went for the launched last time and remembered that the balcony was very big. There is an "air well" in the middle for sunlight to go in also.

I happen to see this condo today...looks good.

Pro: 140 units - not too congested, reasonable price (??), got tennis court...

Cons: Maintenance fee could be higher (since got less units), traffic congestion in front of the development (small lanes with cars park by the side)

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Here is some pricing history for northwoods.
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/963/northwoods

I went for the launched last time and remembered that the balcony was very big. There is an "air well" in the middle for sunlight to go in also.
    Thanks. I had saw this and a bit concerned when the launch price starting from S$452, with average transacted price at $623. Currently, most sales are at $670 onwards.

I think the launch price is 600+...the 400+ in the chart is probably for the penthouse and the groundfloor...I am not sure. But all the other reports point to a 600+ launch price.

I was there again tonight at 930...the helicopter sound is very audible and it doesn't sound as if the helicopter if flying away...it just seems to be hovering there.....is this the usual everynight? (Btw i was there for 10 mins and for the whole 10 mins, the sound was there....)

Thanks for your advice. Will check it out as my boy is attending childcare centre there. Btw, use to serve NS in SBAB. Thought no flying after 8pm, but Search and Rescue operate 24/7.

I think this one abit hard to guage what is a good price as there are very few similar projects around. Euphony garden is 99 lease...so hard to guage...

I may be looking for a unit here as well as we suddenly found this condo in the north...previously only knew got Seletaris and the one beside it...

Then why not get a unit at Seletaris? Much cheaper and freehold!

Prefer new...and dun really like the design for Seletaris....prefer a more modern look to the development...

Beside Seletaris, there is Sensoria. The main con about Seletaris is the road noise next to Gambas Ave but no Helicopter noise.

Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    I think this one abit hard to guage what is a good price as there are very few similar projects around. Euphony garden is 99 lease...so hard to guage...

I may be looking for a unit here as well as we suddenly found this condo in the north...previously only knew got Seletaris and the one beside it...
    Look like we have similar requirements. Have you check out Sensoria?

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Hu
    Look like we have similar requirements. Have you check out Sensoria?
    I've been there during its initial launch but found that there are not enough spaces catered for washing machine... gave me that kind of impression at least... any comments?

I have not checked out sensoria....

Today I went to walk around Northwood again....the best stacks are those facing the army camp but that is also the stacks with the E-W sun...the rest of the stacks no doubt does not have the E-W sun issues but there are either facing each other or are surrounded by the nearby development (which i think only the penthouses are above the nearby houses....)

The 2-bedroom and 4-bedrooms one are the best in terms of facing...one side face the pool the other side is unblock since is facing the road leading to the army camp...

Heard from my agent that the pool in Sensoria is pathetic. There is no feeder service to MRT and the owners are asking for sky-high price ($1m for 3 bedroom).

Northwood is too deep in and too close to the army camp. The helicopter noise is definitely a nuisance.

So there is not many good freehold condo in this area....

Was intially looking forward to Meadows @ Peirce...but the price is crazy....

FH in Sembawang: Seletaris, sensori, Northwoods
    Price for Meadows @ Pierce is crazy....but already >50% sold....
    So many rich ppple out there or so many pple enjoy being slaves to interest payment.....
    Bullion Park and Thomson Grove also FH but going at 50& discount from Meadows....

Read from the newspaper that Northwood will have shuttle bus service to MRT. Can anyone confirm on this?

Fresh from URA.
    NORTHWOOD JALAN MATA AYER Condominium 810,000 1,313 Strata 617 Jul-09

I was offered an unit at 820k but did not take it up because of the stack location.

I was looking at the Property Price Index and noted that at the time of launch of Northwood, the PPI was above the peak of 1996. That means, even at 650psf, the price could be on the high side.

But then again, unless some owners have problem servicing the loans, otherwise no one will sell at a loss yah??

Just heard from broker that there are 3 more units transacted at S$800+k.

NORTHWOOD JALAN MATA AYERCondominium1810,0001,313Strata617Jul-09
    NORTHWOOD JALAN MATA AYERCondominium1770,0001,346Strata572Jun-09

The unit sold in Jun was sold at a loss??

Nearing TOP so I guess those who bought for investment is finding it hard to sell off....Northwood is not exactly a good location to buy for investment....

NORTHWOOD JALAN MATA AYERCondominium1810,0001,313Strata617Jul-09
    NORTHWOOD JALAN MATA AYERCondominium1770,0001,346Strata572Jun-09

The unit sold in Jun was sold at a loss??

Nearing TOP so I guess those who bought for investment is finding it hard to sell off....Northwood is not exactly a good location to buy for investment....
    Where u get this info? I am seriously looking for an unit for own stay, preferably in Blk 60. Willing to pay owner at a mild profit.

Thumbs up

Found this in the web

810,000 1,313 617 Jul-09
    810,900 1,604 506 Jul-09
    770,000 1,346 572 Jun-09

It's seem that the offer at 685psf is on the high side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where u get this info? I am seriously looking for an unit for own stay, preferably in Blk 60. Willing to pay owner at a mild profit.
    Got the info off URA web as below:

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/...Controller.jpf

I think you can get a much better price than 685psf. Newspaper ads starts at 650psf.

I was doing some estimate of the fair price for Northwood. Before the property peak in 2007, Euphony Gardens was selling at about 380psf. So I add 20% on that as premium for freehold, and then add another 8% for land appreciation. That will give me a price of about 500psf.

So my guess is that after this round of property price peak subside and stabilise, Northwood will be valued at 550psf or there about...so i guess the 572 psf sales was quite a decent purchase....

All this is just my guess....can be wrong though....

I think you can get a much better price than 685psf. Newspaper ads starts at 650psf.

I was doing some estimate of the fair price for Northwood. Before the property peak in 2007, Euphony Gardens was selling at about 380psf. So I add 20% on that as premium for freehold, and then add another 8% for land appreciation. That will give me a price of about 500psf.

So my guess is that after this round of property price peak subside and stabilise, Northwood will be valued at 550psf or there about...so i guess the 572 psf sales was quite a decent purchase....

Another way is to take the price from owner (direct pricing from developer) and add in land appreciation (x%) and give him a decent margin (y%) if you are kind. But there are owners who bought for investment and are on DPS... I am just guessing that some of them need to off load it soon. If you buy this project... you must really like the location as it is quite ulu.... don't fall for FH trap when location matters more than anything...

FH is something you cannot see and touch and feel... get it? A house should feel right for staying.

Many ways to decide what is a fair price....

The best way is - if you are comfortable with the price then that's the fairest price of all!

Whatever happen to the price after your purchase is anybody's guess...as long as you can afford it, and it feels right, then go ahead...

Actually, I had checked on Euphony Garden (EG). It was launched on 2000 and first hand owner paid more than $500psf to $585psf for unit between 1100sqft to 1800sqft. When EG TOP on 2002, most transacted at S$400-480psf. Currently, rental yield is about $1.96/sqft.

As for Seletaris, first hand owner paid more than $530psf to $620psf for unit between 1100sqft to 1600sqft. When it TOP on 2002, most transacted at S$480-590psf. It hit 39Xpsf in 2004. Currently, rental yield is about $1.79/sqft.

Yishun Sapphire rental yield is only $1.02/sqft

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Another way is to take the price from owner (direct pricing from developer) and add in land appreciation (x%) and give him a decent margin (y%) if you are kind. But there are owners who bought for investment and are on DPS... I am just guessing that some of them need to off load it soon. If you buy this project... you must really like the location as it is quite ulu.... don't fall for FH trap when location matters more than anything...

FH is something you cannot see and touch and feel... get it? A house should feel right for staying.
    Thanks for your advice. Using 650psf (Highest price bought from developer), break-even price for 1335sqft is around $900k (18k agent fee and 22k stamp duty). Agreed with your point on the Ulu location, my boy just happened to study in a childcare at Jalan Mata Ayer.

Frankly, was amused by some ad quoting 880psf.

Actually, I had checked on Euphony Garden (EG). It was launched on 2000 and first hand owner paid more than $500psf to $585psf for unit between 1100sqft to 1800sqft. When EG TOP on 2002, most transacted at S$400-480psf. Currently, rental yield is about $1.96/sqft.
    Oh so the 380psf is not the average. Good. So then using the method, the estimated value would be about 520 - 620psf.

Your data above clearly show us that the valuation of a property has nothing to do with the cost that first buyer (or even the developer) paid for the property. Otherwise property prices will never dip below launch price.

For Northwood, I stil think good price to get is about 550psf. And I think is achievable. Be patient........