Thread: Joo Chiat Boutique Apartments?

Default Joo Chiat Boutique Apartments?

What do you think of boutique apartments in Joo Chiat area? Any potential? What is the market's rate psf around that area? Specifically, I'm looking at d fresco at Joo Chiat Lane.

Area can be 'complicated'.

I stay along Joo Chiat Terrace, and I feel not really as "complicated". It is overall a nice peaceful area with good food and easy transportation even for those who don't drive.

You should try to hang around the area you are eyeing for a few days...morning, afternoon and night, and see what goes on yourself.

Don't worry about what people may say about 'red light district' as it's not as if ALL of joo chiat is like that. Even for those areas which may have sleezy pubs or coffee shops with vietnamese people hanging ard, it is not a lot, and only concentrated in one small stretch. Joo Chiat is a rather big area.

Anybody got comment on the developer and quality of this condo?

Quote Originally Posted by penguin
    I stay along Joo Chiat Terrace, and I feel not really as "complicated". It is overall a nice peaceful area with good food and easy transportation even for those who don't drive.

You should try to hang around the area you are eyeing for a few days...morning, afternoon and night, and see what goes on yourself.

Don't worry about what people may say about 'red light district' as it's not as if ALL of joo chiat is like that. Even for those areas which may have sleezy pubs or coffee shops with vietnamese people hanging ard, it is not a lot, and only concentrated in one small stretch. Joo Chiat is a rather big area.
    Thanks for honest input, but isn't D'Fresco is near that stretch? Also public perception of 'red light' area is quite firmly entrenched and does affect future resale value.

Hi zimmer, can you share with me which part of Joo Chiat Terrace you think are the sleazy spots? I am also keen to know where if there really is, cos it hasnt really affected me all these while, as I really find the area peaceful and OK. But then, maybe Im not aware of where the 'action' is.

I don't know bro, am not a resident there. Just been following the press- things have been cleaned up till a 50m 'blue' zone stretch near the dunman rd exit. Appreciate the input, hope the clean-up will reach a point where the sleaze is removed completely.

Now i see the confusion, I've been referring to joo chiat rd not joo chiat tce.