Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345671217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: Hundred Trees (Former Hong Leong Garden @West Coast Drive)

hong leong shopping centre will still be there, not part of en-bloc.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    Clementi Town Secondary will be merged with New Town Secondary. Hong Leong Shopping Centre - was it part of the Hong Leong Garden enbloc?

i heard from agent that hong leong garden condo and shopping centre are developed together to 1 project (hundred trees)?

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Hundred Trees? Change name to Regent West liao?

Shifted to D10 somemore?

they should just change name to istana, and sell as D9! hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by housewife
    i heard from agent that hong leong garden condo and shopping centre are developed together to 1 project (hundred trees)?
    As usual, the agent is not that correct.

HL shopping centre is another development that is yet to be enbloced. They tried to enbloc a while ago - but were not successful.

So how can it be developed together?

Quote Originally Posted by steppy

HL shopping centre is another development that is yet to be enbloced. They tried to enbloc a while ago - but were not successful.

will look for other agent

many agents' i came across their knowledge can be really poor

Quote Originally Posted by steppy

enbloc fever coming back

an agent just told me to be launched at average 950psf. they shrunk the sizes so 3 bedroom is 1119sq ft only. that means buyers will be paying 1.063m on average for a small sized 3 bedroom. anyone keen?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    an agent just told me to be launched at average 950psf. they shrunk the sizes so 3 bedroom is 1119sq ft only. that means buyers will be paying 1.063m on average for a small sized 3 bedroom. anyone keen?

You think this will be another sold out project?

found agent renting out Hong Leong Garden condo units, till July 2010. so construction will only begin afterwards?

should be right? since its an area with no new launches since 2007 and likely none coming up in nearby vicinity in next 2 years also. The price no longer becomes relevant LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    You think this will be another sold out project?

is there any rental market in that area? i think mostly for own stay...

Guess will be same like optima. They will say, since Lh optima sells @ 8xx to 9xx, why this freehold must be below optima!

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    is there any rental market in that area? i think mostly for own stay...
    You are wrong. both carabelle and botannia are crawling with expats. We live in Carabelle, and both our neighbors are from UK. On our floor, we the the only locals.

When we look out from our balcony, we see tons of blondes with blue eyes sunbathing on their balconies. I don't think these are owners-occupiers. Basically, I estimate only 30% of residents in these area are locals.

most of these ang mohs work in fusionpolis and bipolis. our neighbors include one scientist, one therapist, and one special school teacher. all from UK.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    You are wrong. both carabelle and botannia are crawling with expats. We live in Carabelle, and both our neighbors are from UK. On our floor, we the the only locals.

When we look out from our balcony, we see tons of blondes with blue eyes sunbathing on their balconies. I don't think these are owners-occupiers. Basically, I estimate only 30% of residents in these area are locals.

most of these ang mohs work in fusionpolis and bipolis. our neighbors include one scientist, one therapist, and one special school teacher. all from UK.

Hmmm. Rental good yield? Easy to rent out or not? take up rate?

One neighbor rented her unit to two Britons at 3700 per month. Built in space of her unit is 1292 sf. that is not bad.

we will not rent ours. we like our unit.

easy to rent or not? I don't know. but I will tell you that there are three units on our foor, and all three are occupied, including the two rental units. carabelle was issued TOP only in July, and august is the hungry ghost month.

1119sqft for a 3BR means only abt 800sqft of liveable space after u net off balcony/baywindow/aircon ledge/etc? *SHUDDER*

hmm when i called an agent advertising its soft launch i was told it will be going at min $1000 psf..which to me seems ridiculously overpriced considering Trevista didn't even go for that much and its location is so much better than hong leong.

Default Apple to Orange

Quote Originally Posted by tress
    hmm when i called an agent advertising its soft launch i was told it will be going at min $1000 psf..which to me seems ridiculously overpriced considering Trevista didn't even go for that much and its location is so much better than hong leong.

Hello, 1) Trevista is 99 yrs, this is FH, 2) Trevista is surrounded by HDB in old estate, this is surrounded by landed properties.

Quote Originally Posted by cher
    Hello, 1) Trevista is 99 yrs, this is FH, 2) Trevista is surrounded by HDB in old estate, this is surrounded by landed properties.
    obvious to be missing a mrt station... but there could be one in future...

Quote Originally Posted by cher
    heh, still doesn't justify the high pricing for me..but that's just my personal opinion :P

no worries...

price is for those who can afford it... be it to gain or lose...

I am wondering what's the craze over properties.... it is highly leveraged and there are down side risk to consider also.

A new baseline will be established if there are sufficient number of transactions at a level...

seems like the floor plans are not out yet. If they plan well, maybe there won't be too big a balcony, no bay windows (coz approval is after the new rules kick in where there is no concession for building bay windows? i don't know.) and small air con ledge? nontheless, still significantly smaller than a 5 room hdb, i call that downgrade, not upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    1119sqft for a 3BR means only abt 800sqft of liveable space after u net off balcony/baywindow/aircon ledge/etc? *SHUDDER*

maybe agent referring to 1 and maybe 2 bedrooms? anyway, 950 and 1000psf is only 5% difference. i am still wondering where all these people who can afford $1m condos are coming from. for easy calculation, pay 200k down and then on long term average pay 3k a month for installments. 8k combined income means about 37.5% of pay. manageable i guess. Not sure if sustainable if interest rates go up, should be quite siong.

Quote Originally Posted by tress

maybe agent referring to 1 and maybe 2 bedrooms? anyway, 950 and 1000psf is only 5% difference. i am still wondering where all these people who can afford $1m condos are coming from. for easy calculation, pay 200k down and then on long term average pay 3k a month for installments. 8k combined income means about 37.5% of pay. manageable i guess. Not sure if sustainable if interest rates go up, should be quite siong.

You need to take into account the cpf portion

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad

oh dear, looks like your wife cant run away from those expats from mhd sultan.. did they gravitate towards d5 as well?

seems like the floor plans are not out yet. If they plan well, maybe there won't be too big a balcony, no bay windows (coz approval is after the new rules kick in where there is no concession for building bay windows? i don't know.) and small air con ledge? nontheless, still significantly smaller than a 5 room hdb, i call that downgrade, not upgrade.
    it's gonna be smaller than a 4-room HDB flat!

but still correct right? 3k is cash + cpf? so its "affordable"?

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    You need to take into account the cpf portion

wahaha, that's a good jab...someone was talking about how lousy rivergate is because of drunk expats, now slap own mouth say carabelle also flooded with expats.

Quote Originally Posted by panamera
    oh dear, looks like your wife cant run away from those expats from mhd sultan.. did they gravitate towards d5 as well?