Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: Hundred Trees (Former Hong Leong Garden @West Coast Drive)

ask yr lawyer to exercise the OTP. once they sign, they cannot back out. I dun think Not banking in is a good excuse. Else all seller will always do tat. i remember my lawyer didn't even chk if they have bank in and exercise the OTP for me paying up the remaining 4%.

Quote Originally Posted by cher
    That depends on whether has the seller bank in your 1% cheque. If the seller has and the cheque clears, than he can't back out if not you can sue him/her. But if the seller has not bank in the cheque than it is debatable.
    imho the signature is key, not whether cheque banked in or not..

seller can dispute if there are irregularities surrounding signing of option.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    there is nothing wrong, honestly. except for the bay windows and large balconies, which take away living space. both my kids and my wife love this place. it is also very quiet, at least our unit is very quiet.
    Are you trying to lure someone to make this correction?

For Carabelle development plan, it is not affected by the new ruling and thus, the bay windows is not counted into the saleable GFA.

It mean your 1234sqf will remain as 1234sft with or without bay windows. So it not taking any living space. The balcony do.

But frankly, the colour of Carabelle wasn't really that nice and luckily it could be rectifiy in 6 years times.

Preference of colour is quite an individual thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by NK
    Hi, I have just bought a unit at carabelle but the seller now wants to back out after signing the OTP. I have already applied and got bank loan and has arrange to meet the lawyer on monday to exercise the OTP and pay the remaining 4%. Please advise what should I do now? Maybe the seller wants to hold out for higher price now that 100 trees is launching at higher psf.
    This is common. Easily resolves.

My suggestions/advices;
    1. Proceed as per normal. OTP, S&P, Loan, etc. Don't bother with cheque bank in or not. It the seller signature on OTP that matters.

2. Ask your lawyer to do you a favor. Serve a letter of intention, in lieu of damages. This mean you are preparing to claim for any differences in your replacing, similar property. This may cause you $300-$500 or FOC. But most likely your lawyer will tell you to wait for seller response from their convancying lawyer to build a case.

3. If seller ignore and want to cancel sale, serve the writ. 9 out of 10 seller wont response with memo of appearance. This mean he back off and the sale will proceed as normal. This summon + court fee may cause you $1000-$2500.

If you game for "pre-emptive" strike or play chicken, issue the writ of summons on the basic of sale defaulting intention/instruction from seller acting agent, immediately now. Do remember to CC the agent company director and hold them with liability as well. You will love the phone call from the agent, trust me. Also, your lawyer is suppose to act for you, be firm and not to back off your assult once decision is made.

There are ways to handle such rogue seller which may not be convenient to disclose further here, but nevertheless, let the following be a guide ok? PM me if not clear.

ON TOP OF YOUR PROBLEM;
    a. If Bank already disbursed loan to the other side, it will be the bank problem too.
    b. If CPF already disbursed OA sum to the other side, it will be the CPF problem too.
    c. If Stamp duty had been paid by you, it will be the most powerful agency, revenue house aka IRAS problem too.

if the seller is reading this, he bound to hate me.
    Wahahahhahahah.....

if the seller is reading this, he bound to hate me.
    Wahahahhahahah..... [/quote]

Wah, Apple3 san you ready know a lot. You ready like Robin Hood to give this nasty Seller a bang.

In the name of the buying/selling game that once Seller bank in your 1 % or they sign the OTP they will be bind by the rule of the game. You always can claim your investment losses on seller is a matter of time like 2 yrs.

Get a right & experience lawyer to act for this kind dispute is important. Do NOT give up in between.

Air to media if you can to pressure the outlaw.
    Last edited by PropertiesHunter; 05-09-09 at 09:51.

Hi, I have just bought a unit at carabelle but the seller now wants to back out after signing the OTP. I have already applied and got bank loan and has arrange to meet the lawyer on monday to exercise the OTP and pay the remaining 4%. Please advise what should I do now? Maybe the seller wants to hold out for higher price now that 100 trees is launching at higher psf.
    Talk to your lawyer

I also thought so too that seller cannot backout now. Then I should just press ahead to exercise OTP and seller got no choice, LL but to sell. His agent tried to persuade me by saying he has not cash in the 1% option fee and wants to return cheque and also willing to offer additional compensation. Not sure why the agent wants to help seller do that since most agents would want to close the deal and earn the commission quickly. My wife is very angry as we have been hunting for a unit for a long time and finally bite the bullet and pay for the unit despite prices having gone up easily 20% from a few months back. We dont want to go thru another round of hse hunting and finding sellers keep upping the prices.

Dirty agent! He should know the rules once seller granted option cannot back off!!!! You should tell him that you will write in to his company and IEA and papers to complain about him. See he LL or not! This kind og asshole agent I will banned him forever and will sure complain!!!!!
    What ever sold is sold. I sold my metro few months back @ breakeven price and had not look back since that day! Move on........

Please let us know the outcome. All the best and God bless

Likely seller got a higher offer, thus agent also want to sell to higher offer to get higher commission.

let the law take its course..

But there is always an easy way out... ask the seller to pay you a sum of damages in lieu of the deal.. $50k or above or more etc... Easy for you to back out but not for him.

Option once granted by seller, cannot be revoked by seller.

Buyer on the other hand, could choose not to exercise the option.

If buyer exercised the option.. nothing much the seller could do but to let the deal go through or go through litigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Dirty agent! He should know the rules once seller granted option cannot back off!!!! You should tell him that you will write in to his company and IEA and papers to complain about him. See he LL or not! This kind og asshole agent I will banned him forever and will sure complain!!!!!
    What ever sold is sold. I sold my metro few months back @ breakeven price and had not look back since that day! Move on........

Please let us know the outcome. All the best and God bless
    A fine gentleman indeed.

Alas, there are always people just can't bite the bullet and move on..

Oh yes, thank for the earlier compliment.

どうもありがとう

Since we are on this topic, I would like to think about this issue from the Buyers' perspective and seek your views on the same as well.

If a buyer makes an offer of 1% and issue the Offer to request for an OTP.

1. Within hours (and the buyer has not yet received the OTP yet), if the buyer decides to change his mind and cancels the offer, stops the cheque, what happens ? Is he still liable to make good on the 1% legally??

2. Let's say, now the buyer receives the OTP, and the buyer decides not to exercise the OTP. The 1% cheque is still not cleared yet and he cancels the cheque successfully. The OTP has a language that says, if the Buyer does not exercise the Option in the prescribed manner, the Option money will be forfeited by the Seller. Note in this case, while there is such a clause in the OTP but the Buyer has not yet signed against the OTP and thus technically, there is no agreement on such provision and thus how can the Buyer be bounded on the same? Is the Buyer liable to make good on the 1% legally?

Any views on the above 2 cases?

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    let the law take its course..

But there is always an easy way out... ask the seller to pay you a sum of damages in lieu of the deal.. $50k or above or more etc... Easy for you to back out but not for him.

Option once granted by seller, cannot be revoked by seller.

Buyer on the other hand, could choose not to exercise the option.

If buyer exercised the option.. nothing much the seller could do but to let the deal go through or go through litigation.

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    Since we are on this topic, I would like to think about this issue from the Buyers' perspective and seek your views on the same as well.

If a buyer makes an offer of 1% and issue the Offer to request for an OTP.

1. Within hours (and the buyer has not yet received the OTP yet), if the buyer decides to change his mind and cancels the offer, stops the cheque, what happens ? Is he still liable to make good on the 1% legally??

2. Let's say, now the buyer receives the OTP, and the buyer decides not to exercise the OTP. The 1% cheque is still not cleared yet and he cancels the cheque successfully. The OTP has a language that says, if the Buyer does not exercise the Option in the prescribed manner, the Option money will be forfeited by the Seller. Note in this case, while there is such a clause in the OTP but the Buyer has not yet signed against the OTP and thus technically, there is no agreement on such provision and thus how can the Buyer be bounded on the same? Is the Buyer liable to make good on the 1% legally?

Any views on the above 2 cases?
    1. I think this could be worse for buyer. It could be a fraud charge for cancelling of cheque and thus, criminal act. (See No.2 for reason)

2. The industry practice was 5% for option fee but within it, buyer are actually PAYING THE DELIVERY OF OTP WITH 1% BOOKING FEE with the remaining to be paid within the next 14 days. (The next 14 days action from buyer is known as exercising the option)

Depending on agency and various set of instruction, there are OTP which could be resale. In former days, rogue agents could paid 1% and resale it immediate and the incumbent buyer exercising the option with 4% and paid the agent with 1% + margin. Thus, paying + recieving the OTP then follow by cancelling the cheque of 1% could be equal to cheating the sellor for the OTP.

The 15% fall under S&P portion. (Thats is why for 90/10 borrower, bank usually actually release 10+80 and not 90% at disbursement)

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Likely seller got a higher offer, thus agent also want to sell to higher offer to get higher commission.
    Since we are on this, let me share the following.

There are rogue agents which may not neccessary direct the highest bidder to the seller they are acting for.

There are always buyer willing to top up agent commission to the desire selling price of seller with even extra in order to pay lower absolute price.

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    Since we are on this, let me share the following.

There are rogue agents which may not neccessary direct the highest bidder to the seller they are acting for.

There are always buyer willing to top up agent commission to the desire selling price of seller with even extra in order to pay lower absolute price.
    nice one...pay extra $1k to agent and save $50k on purchase price...

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    Let me talk about how Good Hundred Trees are,

8mins to Clementi MRT & Future Clementi Shopping centre walk. 3mins walk to nearest bustop at AYE. 85% shelther.

Shop & food at 2 mins walk.

Clementi centre shopping.

4 pri school within 1KM including Nan Hwa.

CDL is the developer. Look at Botannia one of the best among here at west coast. And trust me S**** will disagree.
    Did a normal walk this afternoon. 10min to walk from Hundred Trees to clementi MRT station. Next time when the u/c clementi shopping centre is up and running, might be even shorter as now had to walk around the construction site.

The landed facing blocks will be blocked from the AYE by the NE facing blocks plus no blocking at all in the SW orientation as all landed. Not sure how bad the afternoon sun will be as I was told nowadays afternoon sun in shinning from NW.

Did a normal walk this afternoon. 10min to walk from Hundred Trees to clementi MRT station. Next time when the u/c clementi shopping centre is up and running, might be even shorter as now had to walk around the construction site.
    oh really that close ? hmm this changes my perception a lot abt this project.

(I have been to Botannia/Infiniti/Carabelle, all too far from MRT)

btw I hope they dun do "common" rubbish chute again like Botannia. yea I know I know this is minor, but for me personally I can't take it.

The landed facing blocks will be blocked from the AYE by the NE facing blocks plus no blocking at all in the SW orientation as all landed. Not sure how bad the afternoon sun will be as I was told nowadays afternoon sun in shinning from NW.
    I tried walking from clementi stadium, front of The Parc Condo, across the bridge, cut across the hdb estate n would also take 10 minutes. I was taking a stroll...so I think if I walk from hong leong garden, cross the bridge cut thru te estate, walk towards regent park, cross another bridge n walk toward mrt station, probably easily take 15 min or more ...,

there is another way, use the overhead bridge beside hdb blk 506 and cut through hdb 4xx. i did that all the time when i stayed at west coast. i estimate from hundred trees it would still take more than 10min unless you walk super fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas
    I tried walking from clementi stadium, front of The Parc Condo, across the bridge, cut across the hdb estate n would also take 10 minutes. I was taking a stroll...so I think if I walk from hong leong garden, cross the bridge cut thru te estate, walk towards regent park, cross another bridge n walk toward mrt station, probably easily take 15 min or more ...,

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    there is another way, use the overhead bridge beside hdb blk 506 and cut through hdb 4xx. i did that all the time when i stayed at west coast. i estimate from hundred trees it would still take more than 10min unless you walk super fast.
    This was also the route I took. Did not really start from the mrt station, but just behind the under construction clementi shopping centre. Could already see the mrt station. Walked until the west coast garden market 10 min.

If really from mrt station to doorstep of hundred tree, I believe 15min should be able to reach.

This was also the route I took. Did not really start from the mrt station, but just behind the under construction clementi shopping centre. Could already see the mrt station. Walked until the west coast garden market 10 min.

If really from mrt station to doorstep of hundred tree, I believe 15min should be able to reach.
    Em, I used to stay at HDB Blk507 many many years ago. I walked from MRT/old bus station, crossing bridge, if 15min it must be very rush, about 20min+ comfortable walk.
    Since there are some shops around the way, it's still ok to take a walk and buy some staff on the way home, better at late afternoon when sun is not hot.

yup, i think its safe to say 15 to 20 mins is more reasonable for 100 trees. west coast food centre is still quite a distance from hong leong gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by chenjdd
    Em, I used to stay at HDB Blk507 many many years ago. I walked from MRT/old bus station, crossing bridge, if 15min it must be very rush, about 20min+ comfortable walk.
    Since there are some shops around the way, it's still ok to take a walk and buy some staff on the way home, better at late afternoon when sun is not hot.

your normal pace of walking must be pretty fast hee. i think i would take 15mins too and i like to walk and i believe i walk faster than average but for people whose normal walking pace is slower will probably need more than 15 mins.

yup, i think its safe to say 15 to 20 mins is more reasonable for 100 trees. west coast food centre is still quite a distance from hong leong gardens.
    by the standard of our new singaporean standards, 15-20 mins walk to MRT is too long ...

lets see what price the launch at ..

Flynn Park ( 20 yr old FH ) along pasir panjang will be less than 8 mins to the PP station ... does that mean this old FH condo can now command 1000 psf ?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    by the standard of our new singaporean standards, 15-20 mins walk to MRT is too long ...

Flynn Park ( 20 yr old FH ) along pasir panjang will be less than 8 mins to the PP station ... does that mean this old FH condo can now command 1000 psf ?
    Flynn was trying for enbloc. When the PP station is up, believe they will go for enbloc again.

yeah, unless they like walking like me, 15 to 20 mins from mrt, the selling point cannot be the mrt already.

from BT today,

"BUSINESS visibly quietened down at showflats last week but developers are already revving up for new launches and releases of new phases of existing projects after Hungry Ghosts Month ends on Sept 18.

However, some market watchers reckon developers may be more careful not to price their projects too aggressively following National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan's second statement in five weeks that the government is monitoring the property market very closely and will take 'certain actions' if necessary.
    City Developments is expected to preview Hundred Trees condo on the former Hong Leong Gardens site in the West Coast area in the last weekend of September. Earlier market talk was that the 396-unit project will have an average price of about $930-$980 per square foot (psf). However, some quarters suggest the project will be 'priced competitively'.
    The 12-storey development has a 956-year-leasehold tenure. The Hundred Trees condo will be decked with Mempat trees, often dubbed the local version of Japan's sakura or cherry blossoms."

So that means potentially could be below the Huttons marketed range of 930-980psf? strange that one non-huttons agent called me and said 1000 to 1100psf just yesterday. I just laughed her off.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

So that means potentially could be below the Huttons marketed range of 930-980psf? strange that one non-huttons agent called me and said 1000 to 1100psf just yesterday. I just laughed her off.
    Yup, an agent sms me last evening giving tt price range 930 - 980psf.

a hutton's agent gave me this range a few weeks back. i was just surprised that a non-hutton's agent said 1000 to 1100psf yesterday. i almost wanted to LOL on the phone at her.

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Yup, an agent sms me last evening giving tt price range 930 - 980psf.

I think the price range must be for the lower floors. Higher floors should be 1000+ psf. As for the distance, I think 20 mins to mrt, but 15 mins to reach clementi mkt.

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    Hundred Trees @ Hong Leong Gardens

West Coast Drive
    1br 475sqft 22 units
    2br 775sqft 66 units
    2+1 885sqft 84units
    3br 1130sqft 70units
    3+1br 1270sqft 80units
    4br 1453sqft 68units
    PH 4/4+1 3350sqft 6units
    8 Blocks 12 Storey
    Land 24,800.5sqm
    956yrs Fr 27/05/1928 Leasehold
    50m Pool, Tennis Court

800psf only apply on PH unit, the rest est 850psf and above
    Studio unit will be fully book by staffs & invited Business partners of CDL before VVIP launch same like Optimal@ TM.

Do those who miss Carabella, The Parc, or Botannia can try queueing for this now. Haha.
    In addition to those provided by PropertiesHunter .... got this from the agent ... not as short as CWoods

Approximately 268,000 sq ft[/font]

Condominium Development comprising of 6 blocks of 12 storeys, 2 blocks of 11-Storeys

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...49251,00.html?

Published September 8, 2009

Sales quieten down at Trevista, Trizon

But developers gear up for new launches, such as Hundred Trees and Cyan

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

BUSINESS visibly quietened down at showflats last week but developers are already revving up for new launches and releases of new phases of existing projects after Hungry Ghosts Month ends on Sept 18.

However, some market watchers reckon developers may be more careful not to price their projects too aggressively following National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan's second statement in five weeks that the government is monitoring the property market very closely and will take 'certain actions' if necessary.

City Developments is expected to preview Hundred Trees condo on the former Hong Leong Gardens site in the West Coast area in the last weekend of September. Earlier market talk was that the 396-unit project will have an average price of about $930-$980 per square foot (psf). However, some quarters suggest the project will be 'priced competitively'.

The 12-storey development has a 956-year-leasehold tenure. The Hundred Trees condo will be decked with Mempat trees, often dubbed the local version of Japan's sakura or cherry blossoms.

At Keng Chin Road in the Bukit Timah area, Far East Organization is expected to preview in a few weeks a 278-unit freehold condo named Cyan. A stone's throw away, Keppel Land has sold about 65 per cent of its 56-unit freehold Madison Residences since last month at an average price of about $1,700 psf. This pricing applies to those who opt for the interest absorption scheme (IAS). Buyers who prefer a normal progressive payment scheme pay 2 per cent less.

Even more projects are slated for launch in October, including Ho Bee's Trilight on the former Elmira Heights site on Newton Road, as developers try to catch possibly the last wave of home buying for 2009 before the year-end school holiday season.

NTUC Choice Homes sold 50 units at its Trevista condo in Toa Payoh last week, mostly on Saturday and Sunday. This is significantly below the 410-unit sales achieved from Friday to Sunday of the preceding week when the developer previewed the 99-year-leasehold condo. To date, Choice Homes has released 550 of the condo's total 590 units.

'The remaining units in the project are mostly three and four-bedroom apartments. Prices start from $884 psf or $1.008 million for three-bedders and $850 psf or $1.448 million for the four-bedroom apartments,' a Choice Homes spokeswoman said yesterday.

Trevista's initial average price was $898 psf, but with subsequent releases of units - some with better facing and on higher floors - the average price achieved is understood to be about $920-$930 psf.

BT understands that things were even quieter at the Trizon showflat in the Mount Sinai area. Units in the freehold project cost $1,250 psf to $1,550 psf. Sales are said to have plummeted last week after the slightly more than 100 units sold in the previous weekend's preview.

A property consultant said: 'When a minister, especially the National Development Minister, comes out to urge buyers to be cautious, it has its effects - at least for the time being.' 'When the caution is being urged in the Seventh Month (when traditionally things are a bit slower in the property market), potential buyers have time to reflect on the message,' he added.

Following six months of surprisingly strong home sales, developers have upped prices. By some estimates, prices of mass-market homes increased about 10-15 per cent from the lows of January-February 2009 to July-August.

In late July, Mr Mah urged home seekers to research the property market thoroughly and seek affordable units. Last week, he advised them to 'think carefully, think long term, think about the unexpected' before buying a property.

He also said there is a 'definite possibility' that the government will re-introduce land sales through its confirmed list system from next year. Such sales have been suspended since October last year.

All eyes are on today's tender for a plum 99-year condo plot at Dakota Crescent next to an MRT station and fronting Geylang River.