Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lenox @ Jln Wakaff $4XXk !!! $4XXk!!! $4xxK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eastgal View Post
    Bad news. I called the mgmt yesterday and guess what they told me? Top pushed back to late dec....and I asked them so in that case is it jan then can get keys..they also sheepishly answer prob yes. If top end dec, got Christmas and new year, I dun even know they can top or not because By that time, everywhere holiday mood Liao where so free process top application.....siannnzzz.

Anyway, most of main door up liaozzz, only think kitchen and wardrobes are not done. Fridge and washing machine delivered but not fixed yet. Left painting as well as house skirting, parquet varnishing. And yes, we will be receiving lawyer letter soon to inform us of delay...I also pissed cos I never imagined low lying blocks take about 4 years plus to complete!!!! When I bought, I even happily imagined they can top by 2012 cos when they started building from first stores, the foreman told me 18 months to complete as I passed by the site regularly. End up, I have been loitering at site for 3years!!!:

Now only pray quality is good and not so much defects but guess can only move in after CNY cos no one will do Reno for you during CNY period.

If you want to know brands of appliances, aircon etc. I can pm you.
    don't be disheartened. i personally feel this is a nice project with suffice amenities nearby... fruits of labor is delayed but you still get to enjoy it eventually...

but am curious, tot devlpr went bust? and they still have to commit complete the project? or another cmpy took over?

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy8681 View Post
    don't be disheartened. i personally feel this is a nice project with suffice amenities nearby... fruits of labor is delayed but you still get to enjoy it eventually...

but am curious, tot devlpr went bust? and they still have to commit complete the project? or another cmpy took over?
    Eh, dun think the developer went bust. It has been the same group of people since I saw them start work eons ago. The same foreman, workers etc...apparently, they told me the company also build various projects across the island but mostly co-build with bigger companies and this is of few they building themselves. I think one problem I sense is not enough resources committed to finish fast. Like fragrance, they can concurrently do different things, like maybe build one block finish then quickly fit interior etc... But ths one, they happily took so long to build and slowly wait for this to deliver and that and then fix up. Also, the subcon they use to fix the items come in a few people only. They finish fix one block then do the next! Dunno is it cut cost cos they should have gotten more people to do the fixtures concurrently..also, some things/materials they order very long also haven't come in. So that's another bottleneck.

But that said, I also think it is a good locale. The small lap pool also can decently swim cos it looks deep and not like some where the pool only 1m deep etc. the only peeve I have is the mechanical car park. The interior quite okay so far and toilets also nice and bright cos light grayish tiles. And of course, it is really quite near mrt without having direct track noise. But the block at main room think quite noisy.

Bad news. I called the mgmt yesterday and guess what they told me? Top pushed back to late dec....and I asked them so in that case is it jan then can get keys..they also sheepishly answer prob yes. If top end dec, got Christmas and new year, I dun even know they can top or not because By that time, everywhere holiday mood Liao where so free process top application.....siannnzzz.

Anyway, most of main door up liaozzz, only think kitchen and wardrobes are not done. Fridge and washing machine delivered but not fixed yet. Left painting as well as house skirting, parquet varnishing. And yes, we will be receiving lawyer letter soon to inform us of delay...I also pissed cos I never imagined low lying blocks take about 4 years plus to complete!!!! When I bought, I even happily imagined they can top by 2012 cos when they started building from first stores, the foreman told me 18 months to complete as I passed by the site regularly. End up, I have been loitering at site for 3years!!!:

Now only pray quality is good and not so much defects but guess can only move in after CNY cos no one will do Reno for you during CNY period.

If you want to know brands of appliances, aircon etc. I can pm you.
    OMG!! This is reali bad news! I'm damn pissed with this bravo. Tivoli grande already has ppl staying but what happened to Lenox? Yes eastgal Pls pm me e brands thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Can View Post
    OMG!! This is reali bad news! I'm damn pissed with this bravo. Tivoli grande already has ppl staying but what happened to Lenox? Yes eastgal Pls pm me e brands thanks.
    Hi, I sent u pm Liao. Pls check cos my first time sending. Dunno can send thru or not or whether sent correctly. Thanks

Default The Lenox

I also bought this unit in 2009 and has been waiting for Sooooooo long for the TOP. Glad that I am not the only one frustrated by this delay. Don't depend on the lawyer as my lawyer doesn't event know of the delay. I was needed to inform them to send the notice to the developer.

Anyway, in the sale and purchase agreement the developer will pay you interest (I think 10%) for all the installments you paid. This is the official TOP in the S&P agreement. If you are renting and needed the property to stay but can't due to the delay, you can get your lawyer to chase for the additional opportunity cost. Not every lawyer wants to do that since they doesn't earn more after the first lawyer fee. Unless you meet with a kind hearted one most of them will just conveniently say NO.

Remember to get your lawyer to ASK the bank to cancel the penalty. DBS wants to charge me early payment by the developer but I manage to get my lawyer to request for waiver in times to come. We should have a meeting after moving to ensure our rights are protected. No one will do that unless we do it ourselves.
    Last edited by mic2911; 28-12-13 at 13:41. Reason: Wrong date

Kembangan Suites just across the road which was launched slightly earlier than Lenox had T.O.P for more than 2yrs already.
    Guess they are really taking their own sweet to complete this project.

Quote Originally Posted by mic2911 View Post
    I also bought this unit in 2009 and has been waiting for Sooooooo long for the TOP. Glad that I am not the only one frustrated by this delay. Don't depend on the lawyer as my lawyer doesn't event know of the delay. I was needed to inform them to send the notice to the developer.

Anyway, in the sale and purchase agreement the developer will pay you interest (I think 10%) for all the installments you paid. This is the official TOP in the S&P agreement. If you are renting and needed the property to stay but can't due to the delay, you can get your lawyer to chase for the additional opportunity cost. Not every lawyer wants to do that since they doesn't earn more after the first lawyer fee. Unless you meet with a kind hearted one most of them will just conveniently say NO.

Remember to get your lawyer to ASK the bank to cancel the penalty. DBS wants to charge me early payment by the developer but I manage to get my lawyer to request for waiver in times to come. We should have a meeting after moving to ensure our rights are protected. No one will do that unless we do it ourselves.
    Ya mic, my lawyer doesn't update me too. We need to ask them about the reason for delay before they start to keep us updated by sending the developer's letter on the delay.

I'm with Uob and so far we were not penalised on anything. Thks for alerting this point.

It's frustrating to wait so long just for a small project. Yes we should gather and have a discussion on this to see how we can be compensated.

Quote Originally Posted by Can View Post
    Ya mic, my lawyer doesn't update me too. We need to ask them about the reason for delay before they start to keep us updated by sending the developer's letter on the delay.

I'm with Uob and so far we were not penalised on anything. Thks for alerting this point.

It's frustrating to wait so long just for a small project. Yes we should gather and have a discussion on this to see how we can be compensated.

Can - right now there is nothing we can do
    The only thing is to wait for TOP, get the key and do a thorough inspection to make sure we get what we pay for. Frankly the lawyer will not monitor the status for you, so you need to notify them, tell them which clause the solicitor has breached, ask them to send the notice to Bravo's solicitor and keep a copy of their notice for future compensation calculation. You need to issue them a notice, and I did that in mid-sep.

My lawyer told me TOP is expected to be end of this year, but since the site is almost completed but no news of TOP as yet, I am not sure if there's further delay. Personally I called up DBS and told them this is coming. So it's good to have early preparation rather than jumping into a mess to move in, calculate compensation and debating with the bank over penalty. You can ask the lawyer to give Bravo's solicitor a time fame to issue a cheque to you, otherwise, you can deduct the compensation from the outstanding loan. If option 2 kicks in, that's where the bank penalty will come in. Maybe you want to check with UOB.

Until we are certain of who really have a vested interest in protecting home owner's rights, all the rights we have is only confined with the S&P.

Happy new year everyone. I went down to the site and it was still not done yet. Supposed to TOP by end dec 2013. Another delay again.

Thanks very much for all the advice!
    I have asked my lawyer to issue a notice to the developer's solicitor for a cheque to be issued as compensation.
    However, will the developer comply to this or will they choose to set off from the outstanding loan?
    I'm a first time buyer and pretty much clueless about the proceedings.

I am also a first time owner.
    Very much appreciated if any regular buyers can give advice
    to us what can be done for compensation from the developer.
    I guess that getting together to ask for compensation will be more
    effective. Properly after TOP. Or would it be too late?

To date, it is not TOP yet.
    Anyone has any updated news?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yapsand View Post
    Thanks very much for all the advice!
    I have asked my lawyer to issue a notice to the developer's solicitor for a cheque to be issued as compensation.
    However, will the developer comply to this or will they choose to set off from the outstanding loan?
    I'm a first time buyer and pretty much clueless about the proceedings.
    Developers do not make compensations until the whole project has reached legal completion.

You have to wait until after the developer has obtained the certificate of statutory completion before you can obtain compensations.

This is when your lawyer show you the calculations that developer is in debt to you for overdue TOP and/or overdue legal completion and/or anything that is part of S&P that developer failed to delivers and/or defects work (which you engage on your own if developer fails to rectify within acceptable timeframe) then your lawyer will either deduct this total amount from the final 15% of purchase price due to developer after being notified of statutory completion OR you will receive compensation amount separately.

Anyone has any updated news on Lenox?
    What is actually causing the delay of TOP now?

I've called up the developer every week, and also checked the BCA online. The TOP application submitted on 27/2/2014 has been suspended yesterday. So I've called the developer again and they saying some docs still to be prepared and asked me to call again tomorrow.

And more over, my lawyer didn't reply me on the compensation, is it better to call my lawyer after the TOP issued that as not much things my lawyer could do at this moment?

And anyone could share any experience in asking for the compensation, either deduction from total pending amount or issuing a cheque?

Quite disappointed with the developer, honestly.

Thanks.

Why did the developer ask you to call back tomorrow? Can you share what the developer reply you tomorrow? I am honestly very pissed off with this developer. I have waited and waited and waited...and now further delay

Hi
    I called the developer again just now, they said they've received a letter from BCA with listed down all the problems, and they've submitted necessary docs per the list.

The staff said that the things is going smoothly, and the latest status should be updated by BCA next Monday or Tuesday.

If your want to follow the status, you may go to the link: https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/SubmissionStatus.aspx and key in the plan number : A1276-00355-2007-BP01 to the check.

I'll call again the next Tuesday and the staff promised to call me if any updates.

Now i'm concerned with my lawyer as I've asked him about the compensation for the delay, however, no reply from him yet. Anything anyone could share with me if you've spoken to your lawyer on the compensation?

Thanks.

Hi
    I've received a reply from my lawyer regarding the compensation

Under clause 12.6 of the Sale and Purchase Agreement, “any liquidated damages payable to the Purchaser …. MAY be deducted from any instalment of the Purchase Price to the Vendor.” This means that you have the Option to either:

1. deduct the LD from the next instalment payable to the developer; or

2 request that the developer pay the LD directly to you.

Please note that for Option 1, bank may charge you cancellation fee on the loan amount cancelled even though you are not at fault. For Option 2, developer may delay the payment of the LD to you as there is no deadline for payment stated in the SPA.

Anyone have experience in such issue, actually I prefer the option 2 however, according to the statement, the developer may delay for the payment.
    Anyone knows how much the bank may charge for the cancellation fee and any possible to nego with the bank for waiver of the cancellation fee? Thanks.

Hi,
    Thanks for the update. I think once we know TOP date and get keys, maybe we can check around the neighbors to see how to get our compensation. well, do any of you know how much is the maintenance? I checked with the staff last week and they gave me estimate of 260 for the smaller units to about 360 for the largest units (bigger PHs). Not sure if it's accurate cos even for 260, it is still not very cheap given the few facilities. Maybe due to the relative small number of units and the mechanical cp. really hope to get keys soon cos want to move in soon by June or end June hopefully. What about you guys, renting it out or own-stay?

Thank you very much for the updates. As tor the compensation, u might want to ask your lawyer to issue them a notice requesting for the LD to pay out to u in cheque instead of option1. As for the bank charges, u can call up the bank to enquire as not everyone is signed up with the same loan package.

Pls kindly do update us when u have news next tuesday.
    Hopefully it is good news!

Thanks!

i called them 2 to 3 days back.. and their reply was they failed the NEA inspection. They will conduct another inspection next week . if all goes well we can expect to receive TOP letters by april second week.

Hi,
    I just called developer and was told that the TOP was approved.
    Our lawyers will be informed by next week.
    congrats!

Yay! Finally! Thanks for the update!

Thanks! Looking forward to key collection now.

Dear All
    I've just received notice from my lawyer that they've received the letter from developer already.

The total 6 mth maintenance fee need to pay for getting the key is 1545.48 for my small unit only 43 m2.

So expensive!! Is it due to the mechanical carpark?? But actually I don't own a car~

Quote Originally Posted by skyandsea1812 View Post
    Dear All
    I've just received notice from my lawyer that they've received the letter from developer already.

The total 6 mth maintenance fee need to pay for getting the key is 1545.48 for my small unit only 43 m2.

So expensive!! Is it due to the mechanical carpark?? But actually I don't own a car~
    That's expensive.... Including sunk cost yet?

Dear All

Hi, not sure but when I called last week, their advice was abt 260 for the small units and up to 360 for the big units. It's based on share value I think. What about the survey fee? Do u know the amount? Thanks.

Dear All

Not expensive 260/mth. Cleaning, gardening cost had risen by a fair bit.
    If your project are mainly consist of small units, then maint fee can be high for your small unit as there are lesser bigger units to subsidise.

Hi, not sure but when I called last week, their advice was abt 260 for the small units and up to 360 for the big units. It's based on share value I think. What about the survey fee? Do u know the amount? Thanks.
    Over the phone, my lawyer's secretary told me the survey fee is about $600 (if I heard clearly), but I checked the normal price is about $300

The survey fees is $600.
    Btw, will the electricity and water be available after collection of keys?
    Or we need to contact PUB etc?