Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lenox @ Jln Wakaff $4XXk !!! $4XXk!!! $4xxK!!!

I got a call from developer just now...to collect keys tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Yapsand View Post
    I got a call from developer just now...to collect keys tomorrow!

im so angry and called the developer why told me the earliest date was next Wednesday. they said becos the remote control is not ready and afraid if i cant accept it.
    Anyway, thk u Yapsand for the info, and ive arranged the collection tmr as well. Why dont they just explain to me at First place!

Dun be angry. We should all be happy that we finally are able to see our unit. Hope everything goes on well. Less defects and everything smooth smooth!

Quote Originally Posted by skyandsea1812 View Post
    im so angry and called the developer why told me the earliest date was next Wednesday. they said becos the remote control is not ready and afraid if i cant accept it.
    Anyway, thk u Yapsand for the info, and ive arranged the collection tmr as well. Why dont they just explain to me at First place!
    Ya, i received call too. Will collect by tmr.
    Just to share with you guys...my lawyer told me that our S&P contract is old version which never specifies how long the developer should pass us the keys. (loophole).

New version of S&P specifies within 3 weeks after issueing the possession of property.

So for our case, even if ours are under the new version, this time frame to collect key is still considered acceptable. So no chance to ask for further LD.

Anyway, .hopefully not so many defects...

hi friends,

Can anyone advise me below:
    1) Understand that reno contractor will need our unit door key to access. How can we ensure that this is safe?
    (this is unlike HDB with door gate whereby we can simply change our lock after the reno)

What kind of question is that? How to ensure? Either you trust your contractor or you every morning go open the door lor. Or install a digital lock.

And why can't you change your door lock afterwards? It is not that ex. Better still, take out the lock yourself and go chinatown and buy the "heart". Even cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by mrox View Post
    hi friends,

Can anyone advise me below:
    1) Understand that reno contractor will need our unit door key to access. How can we ensure that this is safe?
    (this is unlike HDB with door gate whereby we can simply change our lock after the reno)

No user manual, no detailed layout plan without sizes. seems quite unprofessional. Heading to site now, hope not so many defects.

Good luck I will be going later. Let's share any defects findings...thanks!

Hi all,

Do share with me roughly wat defects u have so I can check that area as well....hope all minor...cos I only collecting keys next week as not around this week. Have you all gone to open water and electricity account yet? Also, I will like to ask if the developer provide a glass backsplash in the kitchen...they were supposed to install the glass backsplash but the foreman told me a month ago that because a few of the units' cracked during installation, they decided not to do any and they used some epoxy paint (waterproof) to spray on the wall instead. I was so puzzled cos in so many Reno, pple have been using glass backsplash and no prob during renovation so maybe they either use cheap glass which can crack easily, or their installation skill no good. As per the brochure, the walls in the kitchen area should be covered with either tiles or glass backsplash, if no they only use paint to spray over wall, I wonder if we can claim. Do let me know if they manage to install the glass backsplash on the kitchen wall where the induction stove is. Thanks peeps.

Hi Mrox,
    I also asked the foreman a long time ago about Reno and the main door key...He also said to change the lock after Reno...like wat our fellow forumer suggested. It's not ex...and it's for peace of mind. Unless you want to open and shut the main door for contractor every time they come n Reno which I find it a hassle. So that's what I will probably do as well.

Thanks!

Hi all,

By the way, did you all also get the survey report which states wat is the actual area of your unit and whether it is within the accepted range of deviAtion? Heard we can claim if it deviates more than a certain percentage from whAt was in the brochure when we bought. This is because I think the architects made some changes to the plan halfway through the construction as they stopped work for a short while midway through construction. I monitor the construction for four years Liao and I speak regularly to the workers...but I dun know what has been changed. Dunno if it affected the size of the units cos the floorplan grossly overestimates the size. I know because even for my unit, the door to one of the bedrooms was changed to another side which is different from the floor plan representation.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    What kind of question is that? How to ensure? Either you trust your contractor or you every morning go open the door lor. Or install a digital lock.

And why can't you change your door lock afterwards? It is not that ex. Better still, take out the lock yourself and go chinatown and buy the "heart". Even cheaper.
    Not say i dun trust the contractor. But is still better to play safe.
    Most probably i will change the heart of the lock.

You have any good digital lock model to recommend? where in chinatown can I change the heart?

Quote Originally Posted by eastgal View Post
    Hi all,

Do share with me roughly wat defects u have so I can check that area as well....hope all minor...cos I only collecting keys next week as not around this week. Have you all gone to open water and electricity account yet? Also, I will like to ask if the developer provide a glass backsplash in the kitchen...they were supposed to install the glass backsplash but the foreman told me a month ago that because a few of the units' cracked during installation, they decided not to do any and they used some epoxy paint (waterproof) to spray on the wall instead. I was so puzzled cos in so many Reno, pple have been using glass backsplash and no prob during renovation so maybe they either use cheap glass which can crack easily, or their installation skill no good. As per the brochure, the walls in the kitchen area should be covered with either tiles or glass backsplash, if no they only use paint to spray over wall, I wonder if we can claim. Do let me know if they manage to install the glass backsplash on the kitchen wall where the induction stove is. Thanks peeps.

Hi Mrox,
    I also asked the foreman a long time ago about Reno and the main door key...He also said to change the lock after Reno...like wat our fellow forumer suggested. It's not ex...and it's for peace of mind. Unless you want to open and shut the main door for contractor every time they come n Reno which I find it a hassle. So that's what I will probably do as well.

Thanks!
    Hi Eastgal,

Thanks for your comment. Yes, is for peace of mind coz I dun know the reno company well. How can we possibly open door everyday...I shall go and change the lock after all reno is done. Tks

Hi all,

By the way, did you all also get the survey report which states wat is the actual area of your unit and whether it is within the accepted range of deviAtion? Heard we can claim if it deviates more than a certain percentage from whAt was in the brochure when we bought. This is because I think the architects made some changes to the plan halfway through the construction as they stopped work for a short while midway through construction. I monitor the construction for four years Liao and I speak regularly to the workers...but I dun know what has been changed. Dunno if it affected the size of the units cos the floorplan grossly overestimates the size. I know because even for my unit, the door to one of the bedrooms was changed to another side which is different from the floor plan representation.

Thanks.
    No survey reports given by the developer....i am surprised that your door to the bedroom is changed.

Hi Mrox and everyone,

Have u visited ur unit yet? If you have bought a showroom unit those 1 bedroom n study kind, think it looks more or less the same. For me, I bought different type so a few misrepresentation from floor plan. Eg, tv wall shown on floor plan can mount one tv, but in actual, the width or the wall only 55 cm, how to mount tv?

As for the toilets, think there are slight discrepancies for all. Example, in the showroom, there is full width mirror (spanning wash basin to toilet bowl) but actually, the mirror only halved and up till wash basin only.... There is also some excess space on countertop where sink is mounted but in actual, the counter space fits almost identical to sink so there is no space to put things like toothbrush holder and all....these are little things but still, they would make the toilet more user friendly with space to put simple toiletries the agent told me toilet in showflat is repented as it is...sigh, even got no Blum drawers in the kitchen where showflat shows Blum drawer mechanisms, and this was mentioned by the sales agent as well...lesson learnt, if brochure never specify fittings, we must expect the worst...sigh. When I get my keys next week, I will ask also about the kitchen backsplash (if it is indeed missing) since it is stated in brochure that all walls in kitchen will be tiled. So think they should at least give backsplash be it tiles or glass or stainless steel and not just paint!

No user manual, no detailed layout plan without sizes. seems quite unprofessional. Heading to site now, hope not so many defects.
    Hi skyandsea,

No user manual, did they leave it in washing machine, or fridge or near hob? What about warranty cards? Yup, quite unprofessional indeed.

Talking

Hi skyandsea,

No user manual, did they leave it in washing machine, or fridge or near hob? What about warranty cards? Yup, quite unprofessional indeed.

Have gotten my keys n visited my unit. Defects are minor luckily but just some highlights:
    1, toilet door's lock is difficult to turn initially. Must use force to turn it.
    2. Toilet lock is LOUD. Imagine u r sleeping and someone locks the toilet door.
    3. As eastgal said, toilet mirror is just half and frankly, it is totally nt e same as brochure.
    4. Fridge door is screwed to the cupboard therefore there might be a problem if fridge is spoilt.
    5. Gym equipments are not set up yet.
    6. Mechanised carpark is still under maintenance
    7. No table n chairs around BBQ area
    8. No toilets beside pool area

Just wondering, I saw a unit with fan working and lights on. How isit possible that this person can get the unit renovated so soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Can View Post
    Have gotten my keys n visited my unit. Defects are minor luckily but just some highlights:
    1, toilet door's lock is difficult to turn initially. Must use force to turn it.
    2. Toilet lock is LOUD. Imagine u r sleeping and someone locks the toilet door.
    3. As eastgal said, toilet mirror is just half and frankly, it is totally nt e same as brochure.
    4. Fridge door is screwed to the cupboard therefore there might be a problem if fridge is spoilt.
    5. Gym equipments are not set up yet.
    6. Mechanised carpark is still under maintenance
    7. No table n chairs around BBQ area
    8. No toilets beside pool area

Just wondering, I saw a unit with fan working and lights on. How isit possible that this person can get the unit renovated so soon?
    Hi can,

Fast work! did u manage to get the user manual for the white goods? Warranty cards? Btw, did u notice the kitchen backsplash? Is it just wall? Ya, the toilet so sad. Brochure looked so nice, n everything is somewhat same but different in terms fittings, sanitary wares, mirror n the small cabinet...so much smaller than the showflat n the vanity counter too. But like u said, workmanship passable, not that horrendous....

R u keen on the planter decking? I m definitely going to deck the planter cos I want to utilize whatever space I have. I just dun know what wood to use n also scared termite problem or trapping of dirt. Pls let me know if u manage to source for supplier. We can get cheaper price.

As for the unit with the light on, maybe it's the developer's unit. From wat I know, there is one unit retained by developer. The unsold one with living room window directly facing wall of mechanical carpark. The face wall view. If it's other units, then I dunno. Maybe I go ask mr koh ( the supervisor/ foreman - I always call him uncle) next time when I get my keys...

Cheers!

Hi skyandsea,

I meant the user manua for the condo, normally large scale would have. Yes, they gave the warranty doc. All the manuals are inside the unit.

As i'm not so specific personnel, the defects so far I'm considering is more regarding the uneven wall paint, marks/stains on walls.

Hi can,

Fast work! did u manage to get the user manual for the white goods? Warranty cards? Btw, did u notice the kitchen backsplash? Is it just wall? Ya, the toilet so sad. Brochure looked so nice, n everything is somewhat same but different in terms fittings, sanitary wares, mirror n the small cabinet...so much smaller than the showflat n the vanity counter too. But like u said, workmanship passable, not that horrendous....

R u keen on the planter decking? I m definitely going to deck the planter cos I want to utilize whatever space I have. I just dun know what wood to use n also scared termite problem or trapping of dirt. Pls let me know if u manage to source for supplier. We can get cheaper price.

As for the unit with the light on, maybe it's the developer's unit. From wat I know, there is one unit retained by developer. The unsold one with living room window directly facing wall of mechanical carpark. The face wall view. If it's other units, then I dunno. Maybe I go ask mr koh ( the supervisor/ foreman - I always call him uncle) next time when I get my keys...

Cheers!
    I'm also considering to do the planter decking. Could you please share the quotation once receive?

Thanks.

Hi can,

Cheers!
    Hi eastgal, warranty cards are given to you by developer when you collect the keys. User manuals are inside e white goods. Backsplash of kitchen seems to be just wall and stove is just beside e sink. E area is really small.

As for planter, I'm thinking of chennai wood but I was quoted abt 700plus (cheapest price so far) just for such a small area. I may consider other kinds of wood. Let u know again. Or if u hv some ideas let me know.

I'm also considering to do the planter decking. Could you please share the quotation once receive?

Thanks.
    Hi sure, will let u know again

Hi can,

Just wall for backsplash? I will bring my brochure n ask the company when I get keys...know from workers that they wanted to do glass backsplash but due to cracking of glass during installation, they decided not to install at all. I think really weird cos must be they order cheapo glass or they never get expertise do the installation.

Anyway, for wood decking, if u see the foreman, u can ask him if he got lobang? I ask him n he promised to check for me. but will do with you cos the more units, hopefully, more discount. Eh, my planter also not big about 2 by 1 meter. But I still wanna deck cos I wanna hang clothes there.

Hi sky sea, so are the defects minor? Think paint should b more or less okay cos I always see painter uncle go to site to touch up.

Hi just wondering if anyone consider to change the windowglass, its too noisy and not double layer. can we change the windows glass?

As for the decking, you can ask the foreman mr koh if u are looking for quotes. Last that i heard of is chennai decking quote is 450.
    1) Do take note of the uneven wall skirting boards
    2) Uneven painting etc...
    I find the rest quite ok. Workmanship just passable.

Hi,

Just to check will anyone here getting digital lock? I may want to get but not sure which is good. If anyone has good recommendation, pls share with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yapsand View Post
    As for the decking, you can ask the foreman mr koh if u are looking for quotes. Last that i heard of is chennai decking quote is 450.
    1) Do take note of the uneven wall skirting boards
    2) Uneven painting etc...
    I find the rest quite ok. Workmanship just passable.
    Hi,

Do you notice that there are many holes on the door frames? Normal?

Quote Originally Posted by mrox View Post
    Hi,

Do you notice that there are many holes on the door frames? Normal?
    Not so obvious in my unit, as my unit is facing the main road, I'm calling the contract down to install one more double glazing windows to the inner side of the existing one. I'm also asking for Mr. Khoo to arrrnage contractor to do the planter this coming weekend.

And any body received news on the LD claims?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I understand that the kitchens do not have a backsplash. However, I went to look at the residential specifications as stated in the brochure.

According to

6. Finishes
    6.1. Walls
    6.1.1 Internal
    6.1.1.1. Ceramic and Homogeneous tiles to ceiling height for kitchen (visible area) and bathrooms.

This, thought we should at least get a backsplash to the exposed part between stove part and upper cabinetry. However, it seems like it is just a plain wall and spray painted.

Are any of you going to check with the developer? For those who got their keys already? I haven't get my keys yet but I called them to check. They want me to take photo and email them. Perhaps we can get them to install since it is specifically stated in residential specifications in brochure. I think it looks more aesthetically pleasing not to mention functionally better if there is some backsplash cos it will be easier to maintain than some plain wall esp at kitchen stove area.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I understand that the kitchens do not have a backsplash. However, I went to look at the residential specifications as stated in the brochure.

According to

6. Finishes
    6.1. Walls
    6.1.1 Internal
    6.1.1.1. Ceramic and Homogeneous tiles to ceiling height for kitchen (visible area) and bathrooms.

This, thought we should at least get a backsplash to the exposed part between stove part and upper cabinetry. However, it seems like it is just a plain wall and spray painted.

Are any of you going to check with the developer? For those who got their keys already? I haven't get my keys yet but I called them to check. They want me to take photo and email them. Perhaps we can get them to install since it is specifically stated in residential specifications in brochure. I think it looks more aesthetically pleasing not to mention functionally better if there is some backsplash cos it will be easier to maintain than some plain wall esp at kitchen stove area.

Thanks.
    Hi, I can take the photo for the kitchen walls. however, where to email to as the developer didn't provide any email address. Can fax to them?