Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202530354045 ... LastLast

Thread: The Interlace (D3, 99 years Leasehold, CapitaLand)

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, 27 March 2010 11.14 am
    "hyip68034" says showroom will only open on 2 April.
    So how is the showroom doing?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    How low is low for those facing AYE?
    the lowest I saw was 872 psf for a 3 bedder. but the total quantum is high given that it is a large unit.

I wouldn't buy it because it would be very noisy.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    the lowest I saw was 872 psf for a 3 bedder. but the total quantum is high given that it is a large unit.

I wouldn't buy it because it would be very noisy.
    Wise Decision.

understand that only 200 out of 1000 plus units have been released. so, what is the rush? and why are some of you despairing over the disappearing 2 bedders?

Prices are very high. only the units facing AYE are priced low enough for my budgets. I will give it a miss.
    Oh I rather keen on this area for own stay and the 2 bedders are adequately sized at 1055 to 1076 sq ft. Also main thing it is within my budget. Developer tactic is to gradually release better and better units at higher and higher prices. So I guess no choice will give this a miss as 3 bedder quantum is out of my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by southpark2000
    So? We already have one similar icon in our island state...

Side by side comparison:

i always thought interlace was original. i guess not so original afterall. built so long ago somemore.

Quote Originally Posted by southpark2000

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i always thought interlace was original. i guess not so original afterall. built so long ago somemore.
    Ya. People need to open their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Ya. People need to open their eyes.
    ya.... maintenance issues.....

can lah, gd location not too close to HDB, can be iconic in the long run

southern ridges will have interesting structures such as interlace, reflections

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    So how is the showroom doing?
    I love the 4bedder showflat, with the huge balcony ....but not the price

I think for stacks 50m away and facing the expressway, between 6th to 15th floor is the worst due to the angle of projection. If you buy a unit about 20 floors, should be quite safe. Correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    How low is low for those facing AYE?

Given that newer 3bedders in the west coast areas are already pushing $1M to $1.2M, and even higher at the Parc and Vision, Interlace's price point is probably not that far fetch, given its location, unique design, southern ridges, and facilities, the views from some of the units are also quite nice, especially looking towards the south.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny, 6 April 2010
    Published April 6, 2010

UOL to preview Waterbank at Dakota

CapitaLand, meanwhile, sells 110 Interlace units over the weekend

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

Over the Good Friday weekend, CapitaLand sold a total 110 units at The Interlace in the Alexandra Road area at $850 psf - $1,300 psf. The property giant has sold more than 390 of the 490 units it has released to date in the 1,040-unit, 99-year leasehold condo.

A CapitaLand spokeswoman said yesterday that units in the latest phase are priced about 3-5% higher than the phase one units released in September last year (at $850-1,150 psf) as there are more units in the recent batch on higher floors or with better facing.

110 units is considered good and the pricing is competitive compared with The Vision, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    110 units is considered good and the pricing is competitive compared with The Vision, etc..
    I concur as the the location is way better...

Quote Originally Posted by wilander
    Went to the showroom for phase 2 launch. Good location but most of the 2 bedders are taken except those stacks that are overshadowed by 'containers' above. Pricing for good facing 2 bedders range from 10xx to 12xx psf.

What do fellow property enthusiasts think about this project? Personally I find the surrounding greenery attractive and serene.
    Was impress with Capitalland 's plan for an excellent living experience for residents at Interlace. Have 8 courtyards with different themes ,Interlace will have one of the best facilities and landscape in Spore. Remember Varsity Park, no one was keen on this project until after its TOP. Now 2 yrs after TOP, prices shoot up to above $900 psf more than double from launched prices. Main reason - excellent landscape n facilities which create a very nice living environment.
    Imagine living in these big development(Interlace) with so many gardens(ground n rooftop),pools,spa, waterfalls,ponds, retail shops etc n things to do, you can plan what to do everyday at your own home. Just like staying in a huge 5 star resort hotel or even a resort theme park .
    Even though the interiors(tiles for flooring and so so finishes) was not what I expect for new condos, I m very excited about living there in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by calvenng
    Was impress with Capitalland 's plan for an excellent living experience for residents at Interlace. Have 8 courtyards with different themes ,Interlace will have one of the best facilities and landscape in Spore. Remember Varsity Park, no one was keen on this project until after its TOP. Now 2 yrs after TOP, prices shoot up to above $900 psf more than double from launched prices. Main reason - excellent landscape n facilities which create a very nice living environment.
    Imagine living in these big development(Interlace) with so many gardens(ground n rooftop),pools,spa, waterfalls,ponds, retail shops etc n things to do, you can plan what to do everyday at your own home. Just like staying in a huge 5 star resort hotel or even a resort theme park .
    Even though the interiors(tiles for flooring and so so finishes) was not what I expect for new condos, I m very excited about living there in the future.
    So did you buy a unit there? At what price, size and facing?

went to the showflat today. heard abt 500+ units sold. Saw Liew ML there with a group of people probably his friends.

I'm actually impressed abt the space efficiency of the rooms. spacious master bedrooms and also the other rooms also, unlike most of the other projects where you see ID using the bay window as part of the bed frame, and still find the room very cramp. not the case in interlace. for the 2br, there is a balcony but not too much of it.

Design wise, fengshui aside, it could really be another iconic structure in singapore, much like the pinnacle@duxton where one look you feel the "might" of the building. most condos are typical tower blocks and uninteresting.

price wise, if you compare this to vision, interlace is definitely a better buy (IMHO) in terms of location and both also being LH. What the agent mentioned was very true, you can replace all the taps and floorings in the interlace to be same as Vision's, but you can never bring Vision location to interlace's location, both projects at around the same price. So my comparison here is relative between the 2 projects, no comments whether >1000psf is cheap or not. this i leave it to the individual.

Anyway, me just went to take a look only... not vested.

My wife was not convinced. she argued, with validity, that the developer tried to save money on construction, and thus, the floor plans have many flaws. For example, each block is entirely rectangular, which will make the construction simple but make it hard for sunlight to penetrate into the recesses of each block. And many units have the misfortune of having toilets in the back, the consequence of which is that (1) high electric bill as a result of having to have the lights turned on all the time, (2) mildew and mould problems in the toilets, not to mention bad air circulation.

Another problem is that given the lego block on block architectural design, the elevator shaft cuts through each block at different angles. As a result, some units will have really odd shapes. I am not worried about fengshui, for that is just superstition. But the odd shape reduces space utilization efficiency. Some toilets have a triangular or even diamond shape, leaving the space behind the toilet bowl and other corners totally useless.

another problem is the design for the balcony, which for many units is not a balcony at all but rather a foyer given that it is part of the door way. another problem is that the kitchen, the maid's room and the maid's toilet are all together in this long tube, totally inaccessible by anyone but the maid. My wife called it the maid's queendom. Is that what you want? the maid can hide several boy friends in there day in and day out, and never get caught. or she might even grow marijuana there and you will never know.

in a word, bad design.

My wife was not convinced.
    which part ?

honestly just for pricing purpose, Interlace should sell higher than Vision. As a shareholder, I must complain. Liew sell it too cheap. That's why CAPL SP is not doing well compared with 1 HK.

joke aside, I must say this Interlace has a really complicated design, and somewhat strange pricing. For example, the 3bds at stack 66 , super level 3 (that's 13-18 level), has the best facing, with 3 sides unblocked panaromic view, is only selling $1050psf. Whereas an inside stack, blocked by 2 sides, similar 3bds is doing $1100. No wonder 66 is sold within an hour.

Btw does anyone know of any other project that has the similar rubbish chute system ?

could it be that because stack 66 is facing a heavy vehicle carpark?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    which part ?

honestly just for pricing purpose, Interlace should sell higher than Vision. As a shareholder, I must complain. Liew sell it too cheap. That's why CAPL SP is not doing well compared with 1 HK.

joke aside, I must say this Interlace has a really complicated design, and somewhat strange pricing. For example, the 3bds at stack 66 , super level 3 (that's 13-18 level), has the best facing, with 3 sides unblocked panaromic view, is only selling $1050psf. Whereas an inside stack, blocked by 2 sides, similar 3bds is doing $1100. No wonder 66 is sold within an hour.

Btw does anyone know of any other project that has the similar rubbish chute system ?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    could it be that because stack 66 is facing a heavy vehicle carpark?
    We almost booked one unit at stack 66. No, the stack was not sold out in one hour. We were in the showflat the second day, and the unit on the 7th floor was still available.

I almost handed the check to the agent, when my wife emerged from the showflat and stopped me. She said the same thing, that it would be very noisy given that it was right on top of the entrance and exit of the underground carpark.

I could tell the agent was going to kill my wife, so I dragged her out of the galley and drove home.

We almost booked one unit at stack 66... and the unit on the 7th floor was still available...
    .... hmm I think we are talking abt diff block. I'm referring to the container that's on the 3rd level, so it has only level 13-18. Level 7 is at the 2nd level container, the orientation is different. For [13-18]-66 the container is pointing towards depot rd/ telok blangah hills. At 18th floor agent claimed u can see Sentosa (which is of course not true, but the direction is correct)

We almost booked one unit at stack 66. No, the stack was not sold out in one hour. We were in the showflat the second day, and the unit on the 7th floor was still available.

I almost handed the check to the agent, when my wife emerged from the showflat and stopped me. She said the same thing, that it would be very noisy given that it was right on top of the entrance and exit of the underground carpark.

I could tell the agent was going to kill my wife, so I dragged her out of the galley and drove home.
    after your post on what your wife said, I think the agent is not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    .... hmm I think we are talking abt diff block. I'm referring to the container that's on the 3rd level, so it has only level 13-18. Level 7 is at the 2nd level container, the orientation is different. For [13-18]-66 the container is pointing towards depot rd/ telok blangah hills. At 18th floor agent claimed u can see Sentosa (which is of course not true, but the direction is correct)
    agree with u, the south facing units have one of the best view towards the southern ridges, hort park and beyond, panaromic and unblocked coz there are only trees. unless it's 5th or 6th floor and below.

went down to showflat over the wkend. Wasnt impressed wth interior coz developer used homogeneous tiles instead of marble n the cabinet designs look passe. Master bdrm has is surrounded by huge bay windows. Units facing depot rd has sme of the better views n the 9 courtyards are quite impressive. I was quoted 1.05mil to 1.2 mil for 2 beddrs whch translate to 1200-1300psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    went down to showflat over the wkend. Wasnt impressed wth interior coz developer used homogeneous tiles instead of marble n the cabinet designs look passe. Master bdrm has is surrounded by huge bay windows. Units facing depot rd has sme of the better views n the 9 courtyards are quite impressive. I was quoted 1.05mil to 1.2 mil for 2 beddrs whch translate to 1200-1300psf.
    Still got 1.05m ? The lowest I get was 1.15m for 7th floor... still considering..

Doesn't anyone feel that the 4 bedder showflat living/dinning area is almost too big? Maybe its the bad ID.

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Doesn't anyone feel that the 4 bedder showflat living/dinning area is almost too big? Maybe its the bad ID.
    Actually I kind of like the 4 bedder living and balcony area, imagine facing the lush greenery and fresh air...ooh so nice...

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Big is always bigger if you can afford.