Page 5 of 287 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Interlace (D3, 99 years Leasehold, CapitaLand)

btw all his designs apart from being geometrical, lacks finese. Even Scotts Tower looks like some giant rectangular popsicle n the cctv building in Beijing like some misdesigned shape. Being young and impressionable, his designs are more out to create statements. Maggie's hay days are over n ths guy could do better wth a younger and ***ier model than a woman going into menopause.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    btw all his designs apart from being geometrical, lacks finese. Even Scotts Tower looks like some giant rectangular popsicle n the cctv building in Beijing like some misdesigned shape. Being young and impressionable, his designs are more out to create statements. Maggie's hay days are over n ths guy could do better wth a younger and ***ier model than a woman going into menopause.
    We should be tired enough to see almost all condo launch recently look so similar to each other
    This guy give sg a fresh idea how creativity can be stretched. I believe he got inspired by those PSA containers while he was fetched from changi airport to Alexandra on the Ecp. But then, why no local architect is inspired by such scene ? Probably sg architect want to deliver 'safe' design.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas
    We should be tired enough to see almost all condo launch recently look so similar to each other
    This guy give sg a fresh idea how creativity can be stretched. I believe he got inspired by those PSA containers while he was fetched from changi airport to Alexandra on the Ecp. But then, why no local architect is inspired by such scene ? Probably sg architect want to deliver 'safe' design.

ha ha... it is not so much about safe design.. I am pretty sure singaporean architects can come out with interesting design like the Interlace as well.

Looking at the design for the Interlace, the first thing that comes to my mind would be the the M&E of the development. It is going to be hell of a mess. And having worked with several developers before, i can tell you, it would take a developer with a strong stomach to push thru.

long and short, i have seen many singaporean architect with interesting and glaring designs... however, they mostly get canned at the first stage, unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by pweesng
    ha ha... it is not so much about safe design.. I am pretty sure singaporean architects can come out with interesting design like the Interlace as well.

Looking at the design for the Interlace, the first thing that comes to my mind would be the the M&E of the development. It is going to be hell of a mess. And having worked with several developers before, i can tell you, it would take a developer with a strong stomach to push thru.

long and short, i have seen many singaporean architect with interesting and glaring designs... however, they mostly get canned at the first stage, unfortunately...
    Strike the nail on the head the M&E construction is going to be a nightmare, in the end costs will be pushed up, good luck to Capital Land, just look at the amount of waterproofing needed to be done to all the top floor surfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by xebay11
    Strike the nail on the head the M&E construction is going to be a nightmare, in the end costs will be pushed up, good luck to Capital Land, just look at the amount of waterproofing needed to be done to all the top floor surfaces.
    I m not familiar with construction industry... I wonder if any architect can just come out with challenging design n expect the m&e to do the construction, whether is feasible or not?