Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Northoaks

Did you read the recent news on the HDB ruling that prevents new PRs from buying resale HDB for 1st 3 years?

Who is going to benefit?

Northoaks condo is exactly in the sweet spot for PR shopping, both in terms of quantum and government measures.

P.S: take my hats off government..... now pushing down HDB pricing but giving alot of support to the entry level mass market condos to ensure no crash. Damn smart in calibrating.

So many new EC and PC in Woodlands, who wants to buy Northoaks?
    Expect price to drop in 2014 & 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by GIG
    Yah yah, drop drop. Crash and burn. Government stepped in, and prices are holding in this segment. Go scream in the CCR threads instead of here.

Quote Originally Posted by GIG
    LOL keep expecting dude. U are doing great job man haha I just got a unit in Northoaks. I really like the place. It is much better than Woodsvale, Yishun Emerald, Lilydale, etc. in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by cau2danang
    LOL keep expecting dude. U are doing great job man haha I just got a unit in Northoaks. I really like the place. It is much better than Woodsvale, Yishun Emerald, Lilydale, etc. in my opinion.
    Just see in 2 years time if you will regret yr decision to buy now but if you are just staying for more than 5-6 years then should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Water777
    Just see in 2 years time if you will regret yr decision to buy now but if you are just staying for more than 5-6 years then should be ok.
    I buy to stay so i don't mind about the price of my house in the next 2-3 years as I'm not going to sell it within 1st 5 years anyway. Everyone has their own point of view. From my point of view, EC/PC price will stay or even rise in the near future.

What's the walking distance to the mrt?
    Woodsvale ec should b much nearer right?

Not much different. The side gate of these 2 condos is just next to each other. Around 7-10 mins walk to the MRT. Not that far for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cau2danang View Post
    Not much different. The side gate of these 2 condos is just next to each other. Around 7-10 mins walk to the MRT. Not that far for me.
    Congrats on your purchase.

I stay in Woodsvale and I must agree with you that Northoaks is better from own stay as workmanship/facilities is more superior.

But if for rental, Woodsvale may be a slightly better option.

By the way, Woodsvale's main entrance is nearer to the MRT by around 200m when compared with Northoaks' side gate. Don't think any resident from Woodsvale will walk to MRT via the side gate unless they are taking the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by cau2danang View Post
    Hi cau2danang, congrats!! when you moving in?
    We moved in this Jan. All in all, family like and enjoying
    the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto View Post
    Hi cau2danang, congrats!! when you moving in?
    We moved in this Jan. All in all, family like and enjoying
    the place.
    Hi Naruto. Congrats for the new house. We're going to move in this December.

Any idea what they are building beside northoaks and woodsvale right now? More HDB?

Just recevied mailer, 2+1 record high at S$791psf - 1055sqft at S$835k.

They are building BTO. The name is Posture I and Posture II. It's in the internet news already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandiwara View Post
    They are building BTO. The name is Posture I and Posture II. It's in the internet news already.
    Ramping up the housing due to the need to provide manpower to the upcoming Northern Corridor development, which government announced last year.

Thumbs down

This Northoaks locations definitely SUCKS.

1) Very CROWDED together with Woodsvale and upcoming new BTOS
    2) No nearby MRT
    3) Very near Factory / Warehouse....

Lousy location !

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DuaNehNehChioBu View Post

2) No nearby MRT

Lousy location !
    There is a now a feeder bus along Crescent on top of the many buses along the main road. Crowded? Errrm.... Some people are loners while other like to live in a community.

Errrmmm...... I walk to the MRT at times when I don't drive.

I buy my Soon Lee Heng satays at cheap prices and seafood from Fassler in the nearby food factories where many Singaporeans come in truckloads to buy.

There are alot of working opportunities coming up with Gambas Avenue and Woodlands Avenue 12 being developed into Office/Light Industrial buildings. Far East is vested..... This is earlier than the development of the Northern Corridor project.

Sucks? I don't know but I know my unit is very liquid due to affordability with big size units and a hardworking RC always looking to improve.

First vertical kampong is also coming up at Admiralty MRT.

Maybe you can share what is good in your opinion.

Additional two good things happening on top of whatever was mentioned,

1) Woodlands Integrated Health Care Development, i.e. Hospital and more near NorthOaks.

2) Nearby Woodlands Pasture II (BTO) will have 12 shops including restaurant, supermarket and more...... 50-100m away from the Gambas Ave sidegate....... sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by DuaNehNehChioBu View Post

2) No nearby MRT

Lousy location !
    If you look at propertyguru graph below. The yearly average psf appreciation is around $55/year. So if you have 1238 sf size of unit. your average yearly appreciation is around $69k. I consider this is good return when I need to pay 160k for 20% down payment.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/northoaks-119

Quote Originally Posted by Sandiwara View Post
    Haha "Posture". So funny
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew View Post
    Haha "Posture". So funny
    It's Pasture......

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew View Post
    Haha "Posture". So funny
    My mistake, sorry about that

Thumbs up

Circular from HDB. (see attached picture)

The upcoming BTO, "Woodlands Pasture II" next to NorthOaks along Gambas will have one Child Care Centre, one Supermarket, twelve shops, two Restaurants, one Eating House, three Roof Gardens and big open space with children playground, fitness facilities and green landscape area.....

Completion by Q2 2017.

More amenities at stone-throw......

Good for Northoaks and in preparation for the Northern Corridor.....

Default New integrated development in Woodlands to get skyrise greenery

Published on Mar 01, 2014 1:15 PM

An upcoming integrated complex in Woodlands will get skyrise greenery designs like rooftop gardens and vertical greenery like greens walls.National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan wrote on his blog on Saturday that the integrated complex near the Admiralty MRT station, dubbed Kampong, will be part of Singapore's skyrise greening initatives that will "go beyond the commercial sector".This greening efforts for the new development, which will house studio apartments and facilities like a hawker centre, medical centre, shops, seniors' activity centre and childcare centre, will add to the 61 ha of rooftop gardens that Singapore already has.Mr Khaw said in his blogpost: "This is no mean feat considering that we only actively embarked on greening our roofs in the last 5 years. In comparison, Chicago, which has a longer history of rooftop gardens, has 50 ha."Noting that Milan is creating a vertical forest within a residential concrete tower, Mr Khaw said cities around the world are "greening upwards"."We, too, are pioneers in the skyrise greenery movement," said Mr Khaw in his blogpost, citing the Super Trees structures in Gardens by the Bay. "There was initial scepticism but Singaporeans have grown to be fond and proud of our super trees. They broke new ground and created something endearing," he added.Saturday's announcement come amid a study by the Ministry of National Development to look into introducing a minimum requirement of greenery for new housing boards and private condominiums.Minister of State for National Development Desmond Lee said last November that the possible move will ensure "pervasive" greenery continues to exist in Singapore.He also said that MND will study how to add more greenery to public infrastructure such as sheltered walkways and bus shelters.Other government incentive schemes such as the Skyrise Greenery Incentive Scheme also exist to encourage developers to green their buildings, as part of the country's City in a Garden vision.

This integrated green sky rise development will be next to Admiralty MRT

yup agree. based on the master plan, woodlands will be developing to become the next regional centre. there will be a great potential growth around this estate.

for those who are eligible for ec or HDB upgraders considering to move to woodlands may consider the current forestville ec launches. it is like almost 70% sold. for those who would like to know more and the available units at forestville can contact me directly @ 9048 0660, Kaeden here from the developer's appointed sales team.

project infor website: www.allpropertylaunches.sg/forestville-ec/

Thank you cheerios

Hi cau2danang,

How are you and your new place? Recently, much happening hor...