Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Seven Palms (D4, 99 years leasehold, SC Global)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus
    same reason why some buy BMW 530i while others buy Camry 2.0. does the 2 extra cylinders and displacement matter in singapore? does 4 seconds quicker acceleration matter?

as usual, you have chosen to miss the point.
    Simple. If I have the money and I like it, I just buy! One man's meat is another's poision!

same reason why some buy BMW 530i while others buy Camry 2.0. does the 2 extra cylinders and displacement matter in singapore? does 4 seconds quicker acceleration matter?

You are really Lord anus..
    Thanks for the guidance.

Though both are midsize, Camry and 5-series are very different cars.

How about using fullsize S-class as an example?

One can buy a S300L V6 but instead choose a S65L AMG V12 that costs "more than double" the former.

One can't get more metal, length, legroom and volume with the extra money.

On paper, the 4.4s S65L AMG will outrun the standard pathetic EvoX. But who in the right mind would race in a 5.2m-long 2.5-tonne sedan as it takes twice as much skill to race in it than the EvoX.

On the road, the car is more likely driven by the chauffeur during weekdays and the owner during the weekends. (For reference, ask the lucky chauffeur in Daimler AsiaPac HQ). Regardless of the driver, the S65L AMG will be driven as slow as the S300L on the road. It may even be slower if the businessman/executive in the S300L is rushing to close a deal.

So why pay more than double the money for a 612hp car when all the owner needs is a 216hp S260 (not even 231hp S300)?

I hope the day will come for me to understand the logic. ... but then ... I think this day is unlikely to come. Meanwhile, I will just continue to stress my 6 pistons to play catch up.

The difference is not inside the car, but outside the car.

Look at these two photos below. Can you spot the difference? Don't you agree that the Singapore Flyer in the first photo looks much more beautiful?

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Regardless of the driver, the S65L AMG will be driven as slow as the S300L on the road. It may even be slower if the businessman/executive in the S300L is rushing to close a deal.
    Or if the Reporter in the S300L is rushing to report on the latest condominium news.

interesting illustration, i wonder if the house you stay in creates a different impression on the same view outside... you've gotten me thinking.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast