Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Seven Palms (D4, 99 years leasehold, SC Global)

Actually..you go bintan angsana resorts or banyan tree..and you can see very very nice seaview.. bintan would do brisk business if they start selling their land for residential developments

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Though both are midsize, Camry and 5-series are very different cars.

How about using fullsize S-class as an example?

One can buy a S300L V6 but instead choose a S65L AMG V12 that costs "more than double" the former.

One can't get more metal, length, legroom and volume with the extra money.

On paper, the 4.4s S65L AMG will outrun the standard pathetic EvoX. But who in the right mind would race in a 5.2m-long 2.5-tonne sedan as it takes twice as much skill to race in it than the EvoX.

On the road, the car is more likely driven by the chauffeur during weekdays and the owner during the weekends. (For reference, ask the lucky chauffeur in Daimler AsiaPac HQ). Regardless of the driver, the S65L AMG will be driven as slow as the S300L on the road. It may even be slower if the businessman/executive in the S300L is rushing to close a deal.

So why pay more than double the money for a 612hp car when all the owner needs is a 216hp S260 (not even 231hp S300)?

I hope the day will come for me to understand the logic. ... but then ... I think this day is unlikely to come. Meanwhile, I will just continue to stress my 6 pistons to play catch up.
    there is no point driving a luxury car that doesnt have the horsepower to match, might as well drive a picanto or perodua, unless you're chauffer driven of course. it doesnt really matter how heavy the car is, but its all abt the torque/centurysprint and handling.

you're wrong. weight is a drag. performance is all about power to weight ratio. handling is all about front rear weight distribution, stiffness and lightness of chassis.

for 0-60 mph, a ducati will outrun a 2.8 second CLK DTM AMG anyday. or even a bugatti veyron. but at the 1/4 mile, the veyron 16-4 will be far ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    for 0-60 mph, a ducati will outrun a 2.8 second CLK DTM AMG anyday. or even a bugatti veyron. but at the 1/4 mile, the veyron 16-4 will be far ahead.
    lol you certainly seem to know your cars - what do you drive?

my point being that just as in properties, many car buyers buy into brand and perceived prestige rather than for the enjoyment of the drive. why buy a 320 or c180 when a mazda 6 is faster, better equipped and way cheaper? Unless chauffered, why even bother with a s300 when a top of the line hyundai is a plushier ride?

same with properties - why bother to buy a 99LH condo right smack in the middle of a HDB estate?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast