View Poll Results: RCR Owners: What Car Do You Drive?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Supercar and Ultralux status

5 13.89%
  • $250k and above

4 11.11%
  • $200k and above

0 0%
  • $150k and above

4 11.11%
  • $100k and above

8 22.22%
  • $50k and above

11 30.56%
  • Don't Drive

4 11.11%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RCR Owners: What Car Do You Drive?

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    If those "Straits Times Forum Complainers" come to this forum and read what you have done, they are going to flood the Straits Times with their complaints again.
    Quote Originally Posted by echotrain
    It is ok. Our friend here planned and worked hard. He did not rob the bank to buy the HDB. He did not fight unreasonably to buy a brand new flat from HDB by petitioning and sorts. Without him, the seller would not have made a pile too.
    I like what he is doing except I would have bought a 1,300 sqft resale condo (maybe a EC) at $550,000 at that time. The added security of a condo makes it more convenient for me to bring up my kids and look after my parents, while enjoying the middle-class lifestyle.

He did, in a very small way, contributed to the demand for resale flats,
    I believe he has, therefore, unintentionally and indirectly affected the price of the new flat a very little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    I like what he is doing except I would have bought a 1,300 sqft resale condo (maybe a EC) at $550,000 at that time. The added security of a condo makes it more convenient for me to bring up my kids and look after my parents, while enjoying the middle-class lifestyle.

I believe he has, therefore, unintentionally and indirectly affected the price of the new flat a very little bit.
    shhhh ... don't let those "Straits Times Forum Complainers" see this .. otherwise they will magnify it 100 times. Then SPH, HDB and Mah Bow Tan will have no rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter

No what he did is correct, as you get older your salary may drop and as the condo ages, maintenance fees may increase, so staying in HDB is best. Landed or HDB is good for older people, forget abt condo living, they are only good for small window of time.

Hahahaa... You guys are really funny. The Straits Times complainers indeed! But the public housing supply is a highly regulated tool, that is well calibrated to suit the mass market. With the elections coming round, I believe there will be many many more well-timed forum letters, as well as an equally well-timed response from the HDB. So let's just wait and see.

But to put it on record, HDB does not prohibit any Singaporean or PR from buying a resale HDB flat, as long as there is a family unit and not more than 1 HDB flat is owned at any point in time. And we did officially declare to HDB about the multiple properties ownership at the point of purchase (this is a required section in the purchase of flat document). Hence, the as long as the flat owner does not receive any Government grant; nor is receiving any concessionary HDB loan, there is really no restriction on purchase of resale HDB flats. It is a natural right of a citizen. But of course, HDB flats have many more restrictions on rental, and prohibition on gambling activities (ie no mahjong sessions... not that we know how to play anyway). But from a self-stay perspective, it is actually not bad.

We are a family of bookworms. We really have tonnes of books, from floor to ceiling and from wall to wall. Therefore a Mickey Mouse unit does not work for us too. We really need decent sized rooms to house all the books. But then again, Kindle and Sony PSP are now widely available... so maybe in time to come we don't need so much storage for books anymore.

As for the EC, not really a possible choice for us. Our parents all stay around the Holland/Ghim Moh area. It makes sense for us to stay nearby as they get older too. It is never possible to find a EC in the Holland/Bt Timah area either..

gfoo: Ur car price benchmark is against the recent run-up right? Way back in 2006-2007, many Jap cars (eg Nissan Sunny/March/Latio, Toyota Vios, Mitsubishi Lancer) were all below the $50K price range... no need to resort to a motocycle engine powered cherry or pimento.
    Last edited by new2mondrian; 13th October 2009 at 10:43 AM.

So you rent out your landed home? A corner terrace surely can fit all your books right?

i have 5 landed and am staying in a 3 room flat in Boonlay. I agree too that's how my kid should be brought up. I dun really like Holland area as I work in Boonlay.

I ride a bike, jam free and free parking almost everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronbaer
    Hayabusa, Bad Boy, Sprawl, Venum Clinch Gear, Combat Sports, RevgearHottest Fight Gear and Accessories SRH - Skin - Metal Mulisha - FamousTapouT MMA Clothing & Apparel - T-Shirts, Hats, Shorts, & More! Buy Save on Wholesale Tapout Find NexTag Sellers' Lowest Price! And Save Big Designer Closeout Sales Buy Direct from China Factories. Sale Prices Latest Fashions and Styles on Sale Name Brands on Sale!
    this is NOT the place for advertisements! Have reported u to Mr Funny!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123