Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Driving to Citysquare Mall a bloody nightmare

  1. #11

    Default

    Also, seeing hoards of parapundeks squatting and standing by the roads and alleys around that area is damn intimidating. Worst part is they all look alike. If you get attacked by them at night and they run into a dense crowd, you won't be able to make out who is the criminal. Differentiaing them in broad daylight is already quite tough, what more about night

  2. #12

    Default

    Thats why City Square is not a good place for investment.
    U just need to visit the area on sat and sunday evenings, u will know what i meant.

  3. #13

    Default

    yup, agree with u on the security but that's common in any other countries where large foreign contract workers gather. For me to go there, I rather not bring my gal along & dun flash any exp Rolex or thick stack of cash.

    I know it is a culture shock for typical Sporean (who are used to safety environment) and come to Little India at peak hours. Well it is the same mentality for Londoners to go Chinatown at peak hours or any dark alleys.

    Juz stay alert or avoid at all cost.

    For me, Little India Mustafa is a convenient place to get things at abnormal times.

    The pty there will appeal to different group of population.

  4. #14

    Default

    Rental yield sucks as well..

    2.2k rental for a 700k+ studio. Barely breakeven. If interest go up, still need to top up cash







    Quote Originally Posted by xebay11
    I will avoid these types of developments as they do not age well, case in point, People's Park complex, the apts there now like a slum to all the PRCs. 20 years from now CS will be the same, except that it will be a slum for the slumdogs.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    Rental yield sucks as well..

    2.2k rental for a 700k+ studio. Barely breakeven. If interest go up, still need to top up cash

    not just CSR lah ..

    a lot of condos in prime districts also the same .. barely breakeven ..

    owners all argue .. small loss short term .. wait for capital appreciation ..

    everyone got a reason to buy at what seems the high ..

    negative rental return ..say wait for long term gain
    mkt dont move, say they LOVE the location ..or for own stay ..

    make 1k a mth , say good enuff ..better than keep in bank .. (actually they havent added maintenance, property tax, etc) ..

    cant beat them all ...

    as long as can afford, and not having to cut back on daily necessary expenses ok leow

  6. #16

    Default

    i think rental yield for any unit in TS bought at above 2.5k psf must be among the worst. Imagine paying 1.5mil for a studio and renting it out for 3k a month, that converts to just 2.4% rental yield. A 350k 4rm flat in the suburbs renting out at 2k plus a month has a rental yield of more than 7%.

    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    not just CSR lah ..

    a lot of condos in prime districts also the same .. barely breakeven ..

    owners all argue .. small loss short term .. wait for capital appreciation ..

    everyone got a reason to buy at what seems the high ..

    negative rental return ..say wait for long term gain
    mkt dont move, say they LOVE the location ..or for own stay ..

    make 1k a mth , say good enuff ..better than keep in bank .. (actually they havent added maintenance, property tax, etc) ..

    cant beat them all ...

    as long as can afford, and not having to cut back on daily necessary expenses ok leow

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i think rental yield for any unit in TS bought at above 2.5k psf must be among the worst. Imagine paying 1.5mil for a studio and renting it out for 3k a month, that converts to just 2.4% rental yield. A 350k 4rm flat in the suburbs renting out at 2k plus a month has a rental yield of more than 7%.
    where is TS ?

    in fact .. look at some landed houses at dist 10/11

    say 6th ave ..namly, coronation ... say pay 3 - 4 mio ..ave 3.5 mio
    mortgage on 2.8 mio easily 8-9k a mth .. but i see alot asking 10k and above but in most cases .. they rent out 7.5-8.5k ish

    as oppose to say a corner terrace in west coast .. maybe cost 2.5 mio mortgage on 1.95 mio ..morgage maybe 6k a mth .. yet they can rent out at 6-7k .. in some cases even 9k

    i know of a inter terrace ..rent out for 9.5k ...

    from an investment point of view .. i agree that many condos simply cannot generate the desired return

    can only wait for capital appreciation ..

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,427

    Default

    That is because HDB didn't rise as much as TS. Boom time or bear time. Of course, TS drop more than HDB during bear time. Risk vs returns. I don't think anyone buy sail for rental yield. And rental is not as bad as you think. Now, unfurnished already asking 3.6k. Furnished some transacted around 4k.

    For a 1.3 million studio with a 4k rental, works out to be 3.7% yield. Not so bad after all. And I fully agree with your 2.5k psf. Then again, they are not ordinary buyers. They are the same group of buyers who will buy Ardmore, Nassim, Orchard residences etc who will not look at rental yield.





    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i think rental yield for any unit in TS bought at above 2.5k psf must be among the worst. Imagine paying 1.5mil for a studio and renting it out for 3k a month, that converts to just 2.4% rental yield. A 350k 4rm flat in the suburbs renting out at 2k plus a month has a rental yield of more than 7%.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    They are the same group of buyers who will buy Ardmore, Nassim, Orchard residences etc who will not look at rental yield.
    Some Ardmore units are rented out 13k to 15k, rental sucks too.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Yesterday was the first time I visited Citysquare mall. Finding a parking lot when I arrived at 8 plus was relatively easy, but when I was making my way out of the place at 10pm, The jam was bloody horrendous, all the way to B4 . I decided to leave me car at B4 until the jam was eased so took a walk around outside. Guess what (actually quite obvious), parapundeks here there and everywhere, and crossing the road to the other side makes my wife grip on to her bag tightly and there is this feeling of getting mobbed by those parapundeks . We adventurously took a walk to mustafa and even at the entrance, people's bags have to be checked, so imagine the security in that area . I tell myself this is the last time I am going to that god-forsaken area if there is no compelling reason to be there.
    If you go on Sunday night then of course many parapundeks workers around (outside the mall) but the inside of the mall is all filled with cheenaquis. THis is what surprised me because before the mall was completed all the morons here were saying that CS Mall will be a failure because no cheenaquis will go there. What happened?
    On weekdays and even on Saturdays it was a breeze when I went. You mean Orchard Rd malls parking no problem on weekends. No jam? Those who paid millions for their 99yr lease Orchard Resdience will be spending 30-45 minutes just to aprk their car.
    Anyway don't worry your wife not going to get raped in the open by these parapunderks. Not that I have heard of any. It is all in the mind of the racist cheenaquis like you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions