Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Cube 8 (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    The front gate of Cube8 and 368 will be ultra-congested during peak hours and dun think one will be able to get out and turn right into Whitley towards PIE from Cube8 unless the driver damn garang and driving a piece of junk Will have to do a u-turn further down thomson road in order to hit PIE and should probably take not more than 10 minutes during peak to do so. I drop my wife at MCYS building and then take a right a whitley to go to my office everyday.

With yellow boxes drawn at the gate and the traffic light at the thomson/balestier junction, exiting out from Cube8 should not be a major problem though.

But the condos around this stretch (cube8, 368, arte, vista) are definitely not for those that are adverse to traffic congestion, noise and pollution. But then I think Sky11 is not totally immuned from these ills
    Agree. It'll be impossible for those exiting Cube 8 to try to cut across 4 lanes to get into PIE/whitley. Getting out into Thomson is def no problem.
    For 368, they have a rear exit at Jln Raja Udang, so maybe they can enter Arte and exit Thomson Rd to get into PIE

I've noticed traffic on Sat late am/afternoon down Thomson road is quite bad (becos of church services at Novena). Weekday am as well, but that's everywhere. But other times, I can zip into Orchard from this area in < 10min thru Novena/Newton/Cairnhill. Alternate routes include thru Shan Road/Irrawaddy.

As for noise, there's no running when the buildings are right beside the expressway. It propagates upwards and outwards. Not sure how it is at Sky though... never been up there.

The front gate of Cube8 and 368 will be ultra-congested during peak hours and dun think one will be able to get out and turn right into Whitley towards PIE from Cube8 unless the driver damn garang and driving a piece of junk Will have to do a u-turn further down thomson road in order to hit PIE and should probably take not more than 10 minutes during peak to do so. I drop my wife at MCYS building and then take a right a whitley to go to my office everyday.

With yellow boxes drawn at the gate and the traffic light at the thomson/balestier junction, exiting out from Cube8 should not be a major problem though.

But the condos around this stretch (cube8, 368, arte, vista) are definitely not for those that are adverse to traffic congestion, noise and pollution. But then I think Sky11 is not totally immuned from these ills
    Good observation, you are right but i have seen some of this super garang drivers chiong right to hit PIE..

Sky11 is slightly better but still in the mix of the traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Especially those facing MCYS.

But will die c??k stand if stay at Sky11 and yet dun drive.

Saw an angmoh family walking back home from the bus-stop outside the old police academy gate (along PIE). Can see the agony/anguish on their faces

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Good observation, you are right but i have seen some of this super garang drivers chiong right to hit PIE..

as i was thinking about exit from cube 8... for those trying to get INTO cube 8 from town, have to do a u-turn after thomson PIE flyover at entrance of Sky 11 to get to main entrance. Is this an impt consideration?

At least for 368 and arte, can turn into Balestier and Jln raja udang.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    as i was thinking about exit from cube 8... for those trying to get INTO cube 8 from town, have to do a u-turn after thomson PIE flyover at entrance of Sky 11 to get to main entrance. Is this an impt consideration?

At least for 368 and arte, can turn into Balestier and Jln raja udang.
    Cannot do u-turn at Sky11.

Instead, turn left into whitley and then do a right to go under the flyover and join the PIE exit sliproad toward Thomson Road, then turn right (go straight if going Sky11) onto Thomson Road towards Novena.

It's a bit jialuck to turn into cube8 when traveling on Thomson from Novena

Cannot do u-turn at Sky11.

Instead, turn left into whitley and then do a right to go under the flyover and join the PIE exit sliproad toward Thomson Road, then turn right (go straight if going Sky11) onto Thomson Road towards Novena.

It's a bit jialuck to turn into cube8 when traveling on Thomson from Novena
    oic... you obviously have done your homework.
    but that's a bit of a detour, and to be honest, that PIE exit to Thomson road can be a pain.. i use it almost every day.

Just checked. According to Google Map, can do U-turn at the entrance of Sky11 so dun need to do a big loop at Whitley then Never know can leh Will take a good look when I drive pass tomorrow

Also, I dun think it is walkable to Novena MRT (950 meters) at least for me. So it is better take a bus to Novena MRT. When coming home, stop at Toa Payoh MRT instead and take bus to cube8 so that dun need to cross thomson road twice (if alight at Novena)

Just checked. According to Google Map, can do U-turn at the entrance of Sky11 so dun need to do a big loop at Whitley then Never know can leh Will take a good look when I drive pass tomorrow

Also, I dun think it is walkable to Novena MRT (950 meters) at least for me. So it is better take a bus to Novena MRT. When coming home, stop at Toa Payoh MRT instead and take bus to cube8 so that dun need to cross thomson road twice (if alight at Novena)
    ok. you bought a unit at cube? good for you.
    will cube have shuttle service to novena? arte has daily free shuttle service to novena every 30min, but ends at 6.30pm i think

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    ok. you bought a unit at cube? good for you.
    will cube have shuttle service to novena? arte has daily free shuttle service to novena every 30min, but ends at 6.30pm i think
    No bus shuttle for cube8. Not that I know of.

Me bought 2-bedder (PIE flyover view) for own stay. Current 3-bedder condo in north too big for just me & wife and also too far from workplace. Wife works at SLF bldg, so she can walk to work Wife always phobic of insects/lizards getting into house, so windows always fully shut. Noise/air pollution thus not a big concern for me especially if I soundproof the windows

Sky11 don play play ok, it was sold out within 30hrs of vvip preview in 07.

http://www.asiabuilders.com.sg/asiab...try_code=conSG