Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rochester (D5, 99 year leasehold, United Engineers)

Default Re: The Rochester (D5, 99 year leasehold, United Engineers)

I too support you. the sky-high price is crazy. It was originally planned at 550 but is now more than doubled. It's now time for us to say no. only a poorly responded launch will cool down the developers & flippers.

En Bloc Owner Guest

You already have a roof. Please stay out. Thanks for your cooperation.

I need a place to stay.
    $1,300 psf is not a problem but I need an assurance that I can get an unit.

Quote Originally Posted by En Bloc Owner

I need a place to stay.
    You bet I won't touch it at that crazy price... Good luck!

relax lah Guest

There are still many nice freehold places in D9,10,11 where you can immediately get a decent roof over your head for $1300 psf. Why look at Rochester? Don't understand you.

I need a place to stay.

I need a place to stay.
    I think the impending launch at nearby Westpeak, which would be well under $1K psf, would probably put a slight damper on The Rochester's $1300 psf launch ....

so you should be able to secure your unit pretty easily....

Registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ht
    I think the impending launch at nearby Westpeak, which would be well under $1K psf, would probably put a slight damper on The Rochester's $1300 psf launch ....

so you should be able to secure your unit pretty easily....

That one is in West Coast. This one is in one-north.
    Different lah.

Unregistered Guest

Say what you like guys.... This proj is at One North. Also right next to MRT. The proj may not sell out in a day but it will eventually sell out. Mark my word!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Say what you like guys.... This proj is at One North. Also right next to MRT. The proj may not sell out in a day but it will eventually sell out. Mark my word!
    Fools will buy at whatever price the greedy developer asks for; fools rush in and buy from flippers. There may still be enough fools... but people here are talking about the wisdom of buying it *at the crazy price*

Unregistered Guest

ST. Leave them alone. These guys are probably not potential buyers, but rather agents eager to pump up enthusiasm for the project. I can tell just by the way they speak or write.

Investor. Guest

ST. Leave them alone. These guys are probably not potential buyers, but rather agents eager to pump up enthusiasm for the project. I can tell just by the way they speak or write.

Don't be so narrow-minded lah.
    Agents don't have time like us who can surf the web almost every minutes during office hours lah.

We are the same. The only difference is that you believe in selling, we believe in buying.

Only time can tell who is right and who is wrong.
    For us, buy buy buy! (This is of course foolish in your eyes.)

Unregistered Guest

This one must tread cautiusly. There may be many funds and banks buying wholesale, so jacking up the price unrealistically. Then they will time their sale based on their expert research, and the one-unit buyer will suffer - he would have bought too high and left dry when the funds rein in their profits and run. It's like a small-scale 1997 financial crisis - funds pull out their investments, leaving Asia to dry and suffer. Only this time, it's on the condo. Those left behind, suffers. I agree - don't touch this one unless it's 550 psf. Let's all challenge the developer to this price. Alas, but the funds will come in and snatch up at high prices - they got the money and it's not theirs. Lose also nevermind.

Market Watcher Guest

This one must tread cautiusly. There may be many funds and banks buying wholesale, so jacking up the price unrealistically. Then they will time their sale based on their expert research, and the one-unit buyer will suffer - he would have bought too high and left dry when the funds rein in their profits and run. It's like a small-scale 1997 financial crisis - funds pull out their investments, leaving Asia to dry and suffer. Only this time, it's on the condo. Those left behind, suffers. I agree - don't touch this one unless it's 550 psf. Let's all challenge the developer to this price. Alas, but the funds will come in and snatch up at high prices - they got the money and it's not theirs. Lose also nevermind.

If the risk, in your opinion, is too high for you, just don't buy lor.
    Don't challenge the market lah.
    Nobody can challenge the market one.

Quote Originally Posted by Investor.
    Don't be so narrow-minded lah.
    Agents don't have time like us who can surf the web almost every minutes during office hours lah.

We are the same. The only difference is that you believe in selling, we believe in buying.

Only time can tell who is right and who is wrong.
    For us, buy buy buy! (This is of course foolish in your eyes.)
    Pls don't get me wrong. I will also buy at reasonable price , such as 600-800. If one can buy at *good price* -- like the guys in previous OneNorthRes who got it at $78x and the developer's offer price shut up to $950-1000 just after 3 days soft-launch; they're the lucky ones (mostlikely insiders or related) -- of course he should buy buy buy. It's only a fool if he accepts whatever price available to him and yet believes there's always room to go up further. Unless with a pressing need to get his roof at that particular project, I think one is foolish to rush in & buy from flipper. It's kind of evil to talk up & encourage others to buy buy buy the over-priced or his flipped unit. Our difference is to buy at what price.

Quote Originally Posted by Registered
    That one is in West Coast. This one is in one-north.
    Different lah.
    I know they are different....but if Westpeak launch at around 800psf, I would think the 500psf difference is a strong enuff reason for people to consider it as alternative...especially when people are feeling the heat and it seems some amount of caution is starting to set in...

I have no problem with the Rochester getting sold out at 1300psf...in fact I will be happy

Unregistered Guest

Yeah man developer also not stupid one. They are in the business to make money. Have been struggling for so many years, now they want to make a killing. Many trying to sell above valuation in the same place, taking their time if need be, b/c market is good so they rather sell very high. If a development is sold out in one or two days, that means that developer is stupid - selling too low. If development is selling reasonably well (like Meyers by Guocoland) but taking a while to sell out and the selling price is way beyond the valuation in the same vicinity (like Meyers by Guocoland), then that developer is clever. Those buyers got money, they just spend. Funds got tons of money, they can spend. But it means everybody still thinks the economy is good. But is it good enough for the middle class to pay so much higher. The winner at the end of the day is --- clever developers.

Unregistered Guest

I agree. Clever developers no need to be so kan cheong. Put the prices high high, and wait for buyers to come - take weeks or months also can. Economy is good, no downturn in sight, Osama don't know hiding where, and US on its way to only a soft landing. All look great, just like 1996.

Market Watcher Guest

I agree. Clever developers no need to be so kan cheong. Put the prices high high, and wait for buyers to come - take weeks or months also can. Economy is good, no downturn in sight, Osama don't know hiding where, and US on its way to only a soft landing. All look great, just like 1996.

More like 1989 - not 1996.

Observer. Guest

Default MarQ 1st Phase Fully Sold At Average $4,137 psf With The Highest Achieved $5,100 psf

Quote Originally Posted by Paterson
    28 June 2007

First Phase of The Marq Fully Sold
    Units sold at an average S$4,137 psf, with a highest price of S$5,100 psf

Singapore, 28 June 2007 - SC Global Developments Ltd, one of Singapore’s leading developers of exclusive luxury residences, is pleased to announce that it received overwhelming response to the first phase of private previews for its ultra luxurious residential development, The Marq On Paterson Hill (‘The Marq’). Previews were by invitation only.

The first phase – about a third of all available apartments – comprising 21 units from the two blocks, Premier Tower and Signature Tower – have been fully sold. The average selling price achieved was $4,137 per square foot. Of the 21 units sold, eight apartments were within The Signature Tower, highly coveted for its signature 15-metre private lap pool in every unit. Prices for the entire development ranged from approximately S$11 million to S$31 million, with a unit in the Signature Tower achieving S$5,100 psf.

The Marq on Paterson Hill is 24 storeys high; the 3 penthouses which occupy the top two floors of the building and apartments on the higher floors were not released in the first phase of private previews. The Signature Tower will be home to 21 ultra spacious 5 –bedroom apartments averaging 6,195 sq ft, beside it will stand the Premier Tower with 42 luxuriously appointed 4 –bedroom apartments averaging 3,000 sq ft.

SC Global Developments has no confirmed date for the release of the second phase of units at this point.

Even if it is $1,300 psf, so what?
    Are you going waste time debating the few hundred psf?

Aiyoh! Please!
    If it is $5,100 psf, I can understand. It is not.

D10 Investor Guest

The crowd may be stupid, but they are stronger than you and me...

Curious Guest

Quote Originally Posted by D10 Investor
    The crowd may be stupid, but they are stronger than you and me...

Are you say "Don't try to beat the market/crowd. Just follow the market/crowd."?

D10 Investor Guest

The crowd is right most of the time, without their massive buying power, the market will not move, following the crowd/trend is the still the easier way to make money. It is at the turning point/peak that the crowd is all wrong. Of course, it is easier said than done to sell at the peak. Just remember you are part of this massive bubble and TRY TO GET OUT before it bursts.

Curious Guest

Quote Originally Posted by D10 Investor
    The crowd is right most of the time, without their massive buying power, the market will not move, following the crowd/trend is the still the easier way to make money. It is at the turning point/peak that the crowd is all wrong. Of course, it is easier said than done to sell at the peak. Just remember you are part of this massive bubble and TRY TO GET OUT before it bursts.

Agreed. Thank you!

Unregistered Guest

The Marq's sold out so well means the developer not so clever one, selling too low. If market is a pure demand/supply, then the highest price for a property will be at the point (meeting point) of same number of demand and supply. If too many demands compared to supply like the marq, that means developer didn't do enough homework to price it right. It's almost the perfect market for developer, so it can even push the meeting point higher by predicting that even if demand at that extremely high meeting point is below that of supply, give it 1 or 2 weeks, and the equilibrium will be reached. If I were the developer, I will pay abit more attention to econimics. Only then will it be playing to market forces. I think The Marq can easily go for 7000 to 7500 psf and it will be sold out within 2 weeks (but it won't sell out immediately). So I think this developer not clever one. For high net worth individuals at such luxury condo, paying 2 or 3 million more for a unit is small change and small consideration. They like, they will demand it. It's abt of status conscious too. The higher they paid for their condo, the richer their peers think of them and want to associate and do business with them - "Wah, friend, you bought the Marq. Heard it costs 7500psf. You must be doing well. How about golf next week? Want to be an independent director in my company?"

Observer. Guest

The Marq's sold out so well means the developer not so clever one, selling too low. If market is a pure demand/supply, then the highest price for a property will be at the point (meeting point) of same number of demand and supply. If too many demands compared to supply like the marq, that means developer didn't do enough homework to price it right. It's almost the perfect market for developer, so it can even push the meeting point higher by predicting that even if demand at that extremely high meeting point is below that of supply, give it 1 or 2 weeks, and the equilibrium will be reached. If I were the developer, I will pay abit more attention to econimics. Only then will it be playing to market forces. I think The Marq can easily go for 7000 to 7500 psf and it will be sold out within 2 weeks (but it won't sell out immediately). So I think this developer not clever one. For high net worth individuals at such luxury condo, paying 2 or 3 million more for a unit is small change and small consideration. They like, they will demand it. It's abt of status conscious too. The higher they paid for their condo, the richer their peers think of them and want to associate and do business with them - "Wah, friend, you bought the Marq. Heard it costs 7500psf. You must be doing well. How about golf next week? Want to be an independent director in my company?"

Agree that the developers are not so smart in the MarQ and Duchess cases. But then again, it is not easy to guess the correct optimium selling price. What if they guess wrongly? That's why they play safe, i.e. make a bit less just to be safe.

Agree buyers for MarQ are not price-sensitive.

Unregistered Guest

don't understand why people in this forum started to talk about MarQ and 5100psf. Be it 5100 or 7000, so what? there is only a very small group of richest people (and 65% are foreigners) who can reach it anyway. i think most, if not all, here shouldn't care about it, but we do care about 200psf difference in rochester! that's why we are here and reading. be realistic, man.

Bypasser. Guest

don't understand why people in this forum started to talk about MarQ and 5100psf. Be it 5100 or 7000, so what? there is only a very small group of richest people (and 65% are foreigners) who can reach it anyway. i think most, if not all, here shouldn't care about it, but we do care about 200psf difference in rochester! that's why we are here and reading. be realistic, man.

They are just saying if MarQ can reach $5,100 psf,
    then The Rochester can reach $1,500 psf.

They are not saying The Rochester can reach $5,100 psf.

Or put it anyway.
    If nearby Duchess Residences can reach $2,100 psf,

Something to this effect.

Market Watcher Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bypasser.
    They are just saying if MarQ can reach $5,100 psf,

They are not saying The Rochester can reach $5,100 psf.

Or put it anyway.
    If nearby Duchess Residences can reach $2,100 psf,

Something to this effect.

A high of $1,300 psf is acceptable for The Rochester.

Unregistered Guest

do you believe a keen buyer will try to boost the market sentiment right before the project launch? so, say whatever you like, guys. ...just curious, do you benefit from talking up here? ha ha ha...

Economist Guest

do you believe a keen buyer will try to boost the market sentiment right before the project launch? so, say whatever you like, guys. ...just curious, do you benefit from talking up here? ha ha ha...

Market can talk up one meh?
    Are you kiddin'?

Only the market forces can determine the market direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Economist
    Market can talk up one meh?
    Are you kiddin'?

Only the market forces can determine the market direction.
    I remember to read that a China developer itself faked a record-high transaction to create news on papers. It is possible for big players, properly together with media, to inflenuence the market sentiment and pump up enthusiasm before launch.

The crowd & mass market shouldn't be misled by the prime D9,10,11 properties. The MarQ sold at 5100 has nothing to justify Rochester's 1300, b's the MarQ buyers are far far richer than 4 times of Rochester (one-unit) buyers. They live in a totally different world.