Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Rochester (D5, 99 year leasehold, United Engineers)

Unregistered Guest

Angry Re: The Rochester (D5, 99 year leasehold, United Engineers)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    You can't collect income tax from thieves. You need to ban / punish them. Here some anti-speculation measures are needed to directly rule out flippers. The state economy will be more healthy and sustainable only if getting rid of the short-term speculators, whether locals or foreigners.
    Yeh! Yeh Yeh! Ban them from buying/selling. What is needed is to impose a rule to the effect that whoever buys a property is only allow to resell it say, at after 1 year of purchase. This applies only to completed properties only. Deferred payment scheme should also be aborted because this is no longer needed as an incentive in a rising market. To continue this scheme will only encourage more speculation and further heating up the market!

Bypasser. Guest

Default Re: The Rochester (D5, 99 year leasehold, United Engineers)

Wow! So many dialogues exchanged within such a short time.
    There must be something about this The Rochester.

Would anyone waste time fending off other buyers, telling them "not to buy", if they have no interest in the project?

If the project is lousy, I wouldn't even waste my time reading the thread, not to mention contributing in the forum.

It's time to do more research on The Rochester.
    By the way, when is it launching?

Unregistered Guest

Don't be so angry about the flippers. They are the ones that risk their life savings to speculate, and risk being totally destroyed if there is a crash. If you hate them so much for reaping profits, you can be a flipper too. Then, why don't you. My philosophy is live and let live. Let them flip, and let them reap a profit if there is no crack down, and let them burn in hell if there is. It is their livelihood they are risking when they flip. If that is not your cup of tea, then just sit back and enjoy the view.

Observer. Guest

Don't be so angry about the flippers. They are the ones that risk their life savings to speculate, and risk being totally destroyed if there is a crash. If you hate them so much for reaping profits, you can be a flipper too. Then, why don't you. My philosophy is live and let live. Let them flip, and let them reap a profit if there is no crack down, and let them burn in hell if there is. It is their livelihood they are risking when they flip. If that is not your cup of tea, then just sit back and enjoy the view.

At least, this guy talks sense.

Unregistered Guest

Probably those who detest the flippers were because these "flippers" had made their dream of owning a condo gone to drain. Prices had skyrocketed beyond their reach???

Onlooker Guest

Probably those who detest the flippers were because these "flippers" had made their dream of owning a condo gone to drain. Prices had skyrocketed beyond their reach???

All potential condo buyers,

Please read today's Business Times.
    There are many good condo below $400 psf available.
    As some of these condos are in districts where the psf have fallen, they are definitely good buy.
    Please don't give excuse that you can't own a condo because prices had skyrocketed.
    The fact is you did not bother to do your homework.

Onlooker

Unregistered Guest

No, I think you may be wrong. Most of these guys wouldn't buy even at rock bottom prices. They wouldn't buy even if Rochester is selling for $500 psf. These guys are just risk averse type.

Not that I sympathize with flippers. Both the flippers and non-flippers have issues of their own. Non-flippers are most office jockeys, sitting on their butt all day and hoping that the government will do everything for them, and tell them what to do. The flippers are the opposite, and many of them will burn in hell. But that is what makes the game fun.

Onlooker Guest

No, I think you may be wrong. Most of these guys wouldn't buy even at rock bottom prices. They wouldn't buy even if Rochester is selling for $500 psf. These guys are just risk averse type.

Not that I sympathize with flippers. Both the flippers and non-flippers have issues of their own. Non-flippers are most office jockeys, sitting on their butt all day and hoping that the government will do everything for them, and tell them what to do. The flippers are the opposite, and many of them will burn in hell. But that is what makes the game fun.

.... but we also need to satisfy the group that is complaining here ....

They want to own a condo, so we help guide them a little bit.

Go read today's Business Times now.
    And don't complain any more.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Onlooker
    .... but we also need to satisfy the group that is complaining here ....

They want to own a condo, so we help guide them a little bit.

Go read today's Business Times now.
    And don't complain any more.

This is wat we call constructive discussions!!! Not name callings!!! Totally agree with the last two post.

Go around Dist 23, 25 & 27, there might have some good yet affordable developments...

Unregistered Guest

You forgot folks like us who bought during after 911 and/or SARS and is now real sellers, not flippers.

Onlooker Guest

This is wat we call constructive discussions!!! Not name callings!!! Totally agree with the last two post.

Go around Dist 23, 25 & 27, there might have some good yet affordable developments...

Not just 23, 25 and 27, but also 19, ........

There are too many for me to list.
    Please read today's Business Times.

Jimbo Guest

The reason why ppl are buying and will buy at crazy price is because of the en bloc money. Just look at Farrer Court. We are talking 600-700 households with 2.1-2.2 mio in cash in 1 year time. Rochester condo on the other side of Holland V, will be perfect substitute for them, i dont see Rochester not doing well. Dont forget Gillman Hgts ppl also looking. There is just not enough supply....

Onlooker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo
    The reason why ppl are buying and will buy at crazy price is because of the en bloc money. Just look at Farrer Court. We are talking 600-700 households with 2.1-2.2 mio in cash in 1 year time. Rochester condo on the other side of Holland V, will be perfect substitute for them, i dont see Rochester not doing well. Dont forget Gillman Hgts ppl also looking. There is just not enough supply....

The Rochester has a good chance to sell out at a higher price than One-North Residences. This is not because it is better than ONR but because it is launched at a later date. (In my opinion, ONR is much better than TR. But that does not matter.) In fact, most new launches have a good chance to sell out at higher prices than the previous launches. This is what one can expect of a booming market.

One of the key reason for the boom is as per what you said - enbloc cash. Property prices will continue to go up due to the liquidity in the market. The other reasons are the booming economy, the increasing FDI and the increasing FTs/PRs/etc..

However, that does not mean that one will be priced out of the market or go blindly buy any condo during launch. As mentioned earlier, there are a lot of affordable and underpriced condos available for everyone. Please go do your homework.

I believe The Rochester got potential but should you blindly join the queue? Maybe NOT!
    There are money to be made. Yours may not be from TR.

Unregistered Guest

[QUOTE=Onlooker]The Rochester has a good chance to sell out at a higher price than One-North Residences. This is not because it is better than ONR but because it is launched at a later date. (In my opinion, ONR is much better than TR. But that does not matter.) In fact, most new launches have a good chance to sell out at higher prices than the previous launches. This is what one can expect of a booming market.

One of the key reason for the boom is as per what you said - enbloc cash. Property prices will continue to go up due to the liquidity in the market. The other reasons are the booming economy, the increasing FDI and the increasing FTs/PRs/etc..

However, that does not mean that one will be priced out of the market or go blindly buy any condo during launch. As mentioned earlier, there are a lot of affordable and underpriced condos available for everyone. Please go do your homework.

There are so such money to be made in stock markets and other investments. I simply found it puzzling why folks are so crazy about flipping property. This forum is full of postings from those nervous souls who are so afraid of losing money on the property they jsut bought and constantly trying to talk up the market and their property. Have you been to open house lately, it was a zoo, but how many are actually serious buyers? That is why I am saying it is tedious in investing in property. In contrast, from buy to sell to seeing gains in my bank statement involve just two clicks in my computer.

Unregistered Guest

this thread is so amusing. i did not expect the property market to bring out so much emotional outburst. do you really think individual buyers queuing up for 1 or 2 units is causing the market to surge upwards. It is the foreign funds and super wealthly investors taking up entire floors / towers / and even developments that is causing this. look at the recent launch of duchess residenc, all the 3 and 4 bedroom units were sold out on thursday, 1 day before the vvip private previews. this was the day that only bulk purchasers could get in. 1 guy came in and bought all the 3 bedrooms that were left. people like this won't get "burnt" if the market crashes. in fact it is all the posters hoping for a "crash" in the market that will get affected. think of your jobs, current home value etc. these funds will just "write off" their losses and move on to the next country / market. the managers of the funds will still get their salary, keep their job, at the most their bonsus for the year will be smaller, but so what so instead of a ferrari they will get a bmw instead.

Unregistered Guest

this thread is so amusing. i did not expect the property market to bring out so much emotional outburst. do you really think individual buyers queuing up for 1 or 2 units is causing the market to surge upwards. It is the foreign funds and super wealthly investors taking up entire floors / towers / and even developments that is causing this. look at the recent launch of duchess residenc, all the 3 and 4 bedroom units were sold out on thursday, 1 day before the vvip private previews. this was the day that only bulk purchasers could get in. 1 guy came in and bought all the 3 bedrooms that were left. people like this won't get "burnt" if the market crashes. in fact it is all the posters hoping for a "crash" in the market that will get affected. think of your jobs, current home value etc. these funds will just "write off" their losses and move on to the next country / market. the managers of the funds will still get their salary, keep their job, at the most their bonsus for the year will be smaller, but so what so instead of a ferrari they will get a bmw instead.
    If what you said is true, all the guys who queued up 3am in the morning on Saturday did that for nothing. they lost one night's sleep for nothing.

FM Guest

There are so such money to be made in stock markets and other investments. I simply found it puzzling why folks are so crazy about flipping property. This forum is full of postings from those nervous souls who are so afraid of losing money on the property they jsut bought and constantly trying to talk up the market and their property. Have you been to open house lately, it was a zoo, but how many are actually serious buyers? That is why I am saying it is tedious in investing in property. In contrast, from buy to sell to seeing gains in my bank statement involve just two clicks in my computer.

I simply found you puzzling!

This is called portfolio diversification.
    Invest in Stocks, Funds, Currencies, Properties, etc..

Who is talking up the market?
    The folks here are sharing their thoughts on the market.
    This is just like the stock investment forum.

Registered Guest

Thanks for your comment.
    What is your suggestion?

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Registered
    Thanks for your comment.
    What is your suggestion?
    Even though stock markets in Asia and elsewhere are no longer cheap and many blue chips are fully value. The undervale stocks are likely to be found in the mid-cap to small cap ranges. Do your research before jumping in. Remember, as long as the market still there, there are gems to be found, but you need to work and be patience.

Unregistered Guest

OK, that's more appealing the anti-speculation measures to be applied asap. I think most forumers here have properties (to live in or to invest) and we all hope the market to grow *in a steady & sustainable manner*. We know the current upwards surge can't sustain for long and will sooner or later damage the market momentum and cause to repeat the 1997 cycle. Be it foreign funds or individual local flippers, they either use their vvip privilege to wrap off the supply even before soft-launch or queue up at 3am, hoping to make a huge profit from cash-rich someones. Though there may be some cash-rich enbloc owners, there are definitely a lot flippers – see yourself how many advertised for OneNorthRes subsale. These crazy speculative activities disturbed the market and eventually damage the country economy so that we innocent people also get affected. That’s why we’re here to voice our annoyance. Otherwise we just sit back and see how these flippers get burnt again.

Unregistered Guest

OK, that's more appealing the anti-speculation measures to be applied asap. I think most forumers here have properties (to live in or to invest) and we all hope the market to grow *in a steady & sustainable manner*. We know the current upwards surge can't sustain for long and will sooner or later damage the market momentum and cause to repeat the 1997 cycle. Be it foreign funds or individual local flippers, they either use their vvip privilege to wrap off the supply even before soft-launch or queue up at 3am, hoping to make a huge profit from cash-rich someones. Though there may be some cash-rich enbloc owners, there are definitely a lot flippers – see yourself how many advertised for OneNorthRes subsale. These crazy speculative activities disturbed the market and eventually damage the country economy so that we innocent people also get affected. That’s why we’re here to voice our annoyance. Otherwise we just sit back and see how these flippers get burnt again.
    I am a heartlander. I am also a big-time speculator. 50k is all I have 3 months ago - mostly from credit cards withdrawals and line of credits overdrafts. I went to a showflat, got one, paid the 5%. Before 2 weeks was up for the next payment, I sold it. Like that, I earn 50K. Easy money in 2 weeks. Now, I go from launches to launches. Some agents recognise me, treat me very well, and call me the lucky man. Five such moves and now I got about 400k to 450k already. It's a great dream. It's great to be speculator at this time. I love it. In 3 months, I am a halfway to becoming a millionaire. Just 3 months ago, I was struggling to borrow 50K.

I am already 49 years old. 10 years ago, I lost heavily in property. I work so hard, never gamble, no drinking, not speculating. Just want to get a decent place for my family to stay. Market was at its peak. I very unlucky then. Bought a property, market crashed the following months. Haven't even completed the sale, and the market already showed signs of falling. In the end, my property was in negative equity. I heartbroken. Worked so hard day to day, and this has to happen to me. I don't know who to blame. Myself. Govt. Market. or ... I cried and cried. No money to cover the negative equity. Bank chased me. I borrowed here and there. All my hard-earned money I every month emptied into the worth-less property. Still must pay high maintenance.

Then 3 months ago, I saw the opportunity. I could continue to live like a bankrupt or make a pile. So what if I bankrupt? Already had lost so much in one honest property buy 10 years ago. Bankrupt mah bankrupt lor. But if I win, I can earn big bucks. So I became a Speculator. The way i described above. Now, I semi-millionaire. Five zeros behind my bank account. 10 years is a long time. This opportunity doesn't come often. In my experience, once in 10 years. You saw the curve on the URA's latest price increase? Go see, once in 10 years. Now, I retire. No more speculator. I put my money in fixed deposits etc. For my 3 children's education. Next week, going to Europe with my family for our first holiday in 10 years.

Thank you, I don't know who. Myself. Govt. Market. or ... I laugh and laugh and laugh. Sorry. My English not very good.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FM
    I simply found you puzzling!

This is called portfolio diversification.
    Invest in Stocks, Funds, Currencies, Properties, etc..

Who is talking up the market?
    The folks here are sharing their thoughts on the market.
    This is just like the stock investment forum.
    For most ordinary folks, stock markets are not as dangerous as property markets.

As you know, the deferred and progressive payment schemes are working well to fuel the speculations as ordinary folks can properties on these so called affordable schemes even though they know full well that they need to unload the properties at some points as they don't really have the means to pay for these properties in full. This is equivalent to buying stocks on margin. How many ordinary folks dare to buy stocks on margin and yet I see them buying multiple properties without fear.

Unregistered Guest

I am a heartlander. I am also a big-time speculator. 50k is all I have 3 months ago - mostly from credit cards withdrawals and line of credits overdrafts. I went to a showflat, got one, paid the 5%. Before 2 weeks was up for the next payment, I sold it. Like that, I earn 50K. Easy money in 2 weeks. Now, I go from launches to launches. Some agents recognise me, treat me very well, and call me the lucky man. Five such moves and now I got about 400k to 450k already. It's a great dream. It's great to be speculator at this time. I love it. In 3 months, I am a halfway to becoming a millionaire. Just 3 months ago, I was struggling to borrow 50K.

I am already 49 years old. 10 years ago, I lost heavily in property. I work so hard, never gamble, no drinking, not speculating. Just want to get a decent place for my family to stay. Market was at its peak. I very unlucky then. Bought a property, market crashed the following months. Haven't even completed the sale, and the market already showed signs of falling. In the end, my property was in negative equity. I heartbroken. Worked so hard day to day, and this has to happen to me. I don't know who to blame. Myself. Govt. Market. or ... I cried and cried. No money to cover the negative equity. Bank chased me. I borrowed here and there. All my hard-earned money I every month emptied into the worth-less property. Still must pay high maintenance.

Then 3 months ago, I saw the opportunity. I could continue to live like a bankrupt or make a pile. So what if I bankrupt? Already had lost so much in one honest property buy 10 years ago. Bankrupt mah bankrupt lor. But if I win, I can earn big bucks. So I became a Speculator. The way i described above. Now, I semi-millionaire. Five zeros behind my bank account. 10 years is a long time. This opportunity doesn't come often. In my experience, once in 10 years. You saw the curve on the URA's latest price increase? Go see, once in 10 years. Now, I retire. No more speculator. I put my money in fixed deposits etc. For my 3 children's education. Next week, going to Europe with my family for our first holiday in 10 years.

Thank you, I don't know who. Myself. Govt. Market. or ... I laugh and laugh and laugh. Sorry. My English not very good.
    At least this flipper knows when to stop.

Unregistered Guest

At least this flipper knows when to stop.
    You have to be an idiot to believe this guy
    However, if that is the take home lesson you can get away with from his dream, it is probably a useful thing for many folks out on the street

----a real speculator----

Observer. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by in-the-know
    All wrong! The big shock is not crash, the big shock will be property shooting up to NYC and London levels!

Who will be the people buying? They are certainly not Sengkang Sally or Hougang Harry. Not even the average local Shenton Way or Millenia Tower yuppie.

The people who will buy are the new breed of investor that Singapore has not seen before and not even seeing now. So far up till now, most buyers are the small time global rich, maybe worth only $10-$15 million total assets. We haven't seen the billionaires come in yet.

The peak will come in 2012. You can mark this post and can refer back to it in 2012.

So ..... when will this new breed of investor coming?
    End of this year?
    The whole of Singapore will be serving these investors.

Wah liao! I think it's rude to say Millenia Tower yuppie lah.
    I work close to Millenia Tower but I am not a yuppie leh.

Reuters Guest

Default Singapore Fund Management Assets Grew 24% In 2006

Assets under management came to nearly US$600b, driven by inflows from Asia and Mideast.
    Reuters Singapore
    4 July 2007

Assets managed by fund managers in Singapore grew 24% to almost US$600 billion in 2006, driven by inflows from Asia and the Middle East, a Singapore cabinet minister said on Wednesday.

"Total assets under management have grown robustly over the last six years," said Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong in a speech today.

"The assets managed by Singapore-based fund managers grew by 24% to almost US$600 billion in 2006."

Mr Goh, who is also chairman of the Monetary Authority of Singapore -- the city-state's central bank -- also said funds from the Middle East and South Asia grew by 21% and 36%, respectively.

He said 57% of the total assets managed in Singapore were invested in Asia last year.

Singapore has attracted global asset managers, private banks and hedge funds to boost its fast-growing financial services industry as it tries to reduce the economy's reliance on manufacturing.

In recent years, several international banks such as UBS , Credit Suisse and Societe Generale have set up their regional private banking offices in Singapore.

Citigroup earlier this year appointed Deepak Sharma to run its global wealth management business outside the United States from Singapore, making him the bank's only international business head not to be based in New York.

Millionaires in Middle Eastern countries such as Saudi Arabia, enriched by a doubling of crude oil prices in four years, are placing more funds in Singapore as the city-state cut taxes and offered incentives to investors to compete against Hong Kong and other Asian financial centers.

"Singapore, in the recent two years, is increasingly considered to be a more attractive place as a fund management base," Mr Chua Soon Hock, managing director of Asia Genesis Asset Management in Singapore, which manages about $450 million, told Bloomberg. "Singapore is still behind Hong Kong and Sydney. However, the gap is narrowing on the hedge funds side of the business."

The 190 hedge funds in Singapore managed more than S$40 billion of assets, a 150% increase from a year earlier, the Monetary Authority of Singapore said in an e-mailed statement today.

Of the total funds managed in Singapore, 43% came from the Asia Pacific region, while about 35% were from the U.S. and Europe, the central bank said. About 55% of the funds were invested in stocks last year, from 47% a year earlier, it added.

Last year, Singapore had the biggest growth in the number of millionaires, where individuals with net assets of at least US$1 million, excluding their main residence and consumer goods, rose 21%, a global survey by Capgemini SA and Merrill Lynch & Co. showed last week.

Someone pulling my Leg Guest

To make five property flips in 3 months (or 13 weeks), a speculator needs to find a new launched property to buy every 2 weeks, he needs to sell to someone within that 2 week period everytime for every new property that he buys. I find this techically a very very challenging task, even for super seasoned speculators. Even the launch dates of all these properties must be almost in exact sequence of 2 weeks!

Unregistered Guest

He obviously wants people to go through what he went through before ie. lost money during the last property crash, so encouraging people to speculate and get burnt like him when the boom ends...

Unregistered Guest

Count how many are flipping OneNorthRes... the below are from <b> a single <b/> website: 76 out of total 311 units (1-4 BR) in that project.

Shot at 2007-07-04

ha ha ha Guest

so flippers will eventually buy each other's units... ha ha ha