Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 12345671217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: D'Leedon (D10, 99 years leasehold, Capitaland)

actually all i have written is all that can be derived from that table.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb...Controller.jpf

choose the august 2010 sales.

scroll down to "CONDOMINUIM DEVELOPMENT/ST HOUSING DEVELOPMENT" under Project Name.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Do you have the ura website link? I would like to read-Thanks.. Thought in some Agent website they say 1555 units. Wow, 1715 is 160 units more.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    actually all i have written is all that can be derived from that table.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb...Controller.jpf

choose the august 2010 sales.

scroll down to "CONDOMINUIM DEVELOPMENT/ST HOUSING DEVELOPMENT" under Project Name.

Ya...got it..., screenshot attached from this link

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/...ubmitSearch.do

Sep 14 2010
    Market flux will settle soon: CapitaLand exec

Launch of condo project on Farrer Court site will go ahead by year-end
    RECENT policy moves to cool the local property market have created some ‘flux’, but things should ‘settle’ in a couple of months, the chief executive of CapitaLand’s Singapore residential arm said yesterday.
    ‘We think there is currently some flux in the (property) market,’ said Wong Heang Fine.
    ‘People are not really sure what to expect from the recent government measures. But we think it will settle in a couple of months.’
    CapitaLand will go ahead with the launch of its condominium project on the former Farrer Court site in Farrer Road by year-end. CapitaLand paid a record $1.3 billion for the 99-year leasehold site in a collective sale in 2007 and now intends to build more than 1,500 units on it.
    The prices of units have not been fixed yet, Mr Wong said.
    Market sources say that besides the Farrer Road project, CapitaLand is getting ready to roll out The Nassim, a 55-unit project in Nassim Hill on the former ANA Hotel site.
    CapitaLand also gave the media and analysts an update yesterday on its plans for a mixed-use site at Bedok Town Centre which it bought this month in a government tender.
    CapitaLand and its retail spin-off CapitaMalls Asia submitted the top bid of $788.9 million or $841 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) – 21 per cent higher than the second-highest bid of $650.9 million or $694 psf ppr.
    Mr Wong said the joint bid was bullish because the 99-year leasehold site has great potential.
    The plan is to build a three-storey shopping mall and a condominium with around 500 units on it.
    The mall, which will be linked to a bus interchange and Bedok MRT station, is projected to have a capital value of around $3,000 psf of net lettable area when it is completed in 2014.
    And the residential component – which will consist of mainly two- and three-bedroom apartments – could be launched as early as next year.

Source: Business Times, 14 Sep 2010

Default Follow up quotations from today's Business Times 22nd Sep

From BT today :

"CapitaLand recently said that it will go ahead with the launch of its new 1,715-unit condominium on the former Farrer Court site in Farrer Road by the end of this year.
    The chief executive of the group's Singapore residential arm, Wong Heang Fine, said that while the new government measures have created some 'flux' in the market, things should 'settle in a couple of months'.
    The launch of the Farrer Road project will be closely watched as it is the largest single residential development likely to be offered to homebuyers in the near future.
    CapitaLand is likely to hedge its bets by rolling out the development in phases, similar to what City Developments and the Hong Leong Group did with their 642-unit NV Residences in Pasir Ris."

Default Capitaland rolls out 1,715-unit D'Leedon on Farrer Rd

CAPITALAND has started marketing D'Leedon, the 1,715-unit, 99-year leasehold residential project it will build on the site of the former Farrer Court.

In bloom: D'Leedon will comprise seven high-end residential towers and 12 villas

The D'Leedon showflat has been built and agents have started distributing flyers to prospective buyers.
    Units in the District 10 project on Farrer Road will mostly be priced upwards of $1,600 per sq ft (psf) for the most part, BT understands.
    In terms of the number of units, D'Leedon is believed to be the largest single condominium project ever in Singapore.

that's all that they could come up with for the name, D'Leedon.

my feeling exactly. huh ? D'Leedon ?

agent telling me 1+1 600 sqft launching now, must submit cheque to ballot.

even capitaland mega project has 1+1 these days hahaha. i thought interlace's compact 2 bedders were as small as it gets for them. r we going to get an avalanche of 1+1 in the future?!

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    my feeling exactly. huh ? D'Leedon ?

agent telling me 1+1 600 sqft launching now, must submit cheque to ballot.

even capitaland mega project has 1+1 these days hahaha. i thought interlace's compact 2 bedders were as small as it gets for them. r we going to get an avalanche of 1+1 in the future?!
    interlace 2 bedder quite gd size, around 1000 sqft leh, got balconies one even bigger ~

at interlace, they have the 1055 sq ft ones but they also have the 8xx sq ft compact ones. i was referring to those. i thought those were the smallest capitaland would go.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    interlace 2 bedder quite gd size, around 1000 sqft leh, got balconies one even bigger ~

well dun take my agent's word as fact yet. newspaper claimed the smallest unit is 900 sqft.

at interlace, they have the 1055 sq ft ones but they also have the 8xx sq ft compact ones. i was referring to those. i thought those were the smallest capitaland would go.
    For mega projects like this (and recently The Minton) I would jokingly advise one to get the smallest cheapest unit. The facilities will be comprehensive and luxurious due to the size of project but you'll enjoy it as much as anyone else despite you paying less in terms of price and maintenance. Use it as a weekend / vacation home and invite 20 family members and friends to fully utilize the facilities! (Words of ugly singaporean)

ok, but maybe that was the old plan. 900 sq ft smallest unit and fewer units. but i remembered the number of units was only recently increased to 1715 so maybe 600 sq ft units have been carved out afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    well dun take my agent's word as fact yet. newspaper claimed the smallest unit is 900 sqft.

now, that makes me wonder if the facilities can support 1715 units and some ugly singaporeans and their friends hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    For mega projects like this (and recently The Minton) I would jokingly advise one to get the smallest cheapest unit. The facilities will be comprehensive and luxurious due to the size of project but you'll enjoy it as much as anyone else despite you paying less in terms of price and maintenance. Use it as a weekend / vacation home and invite 20 family members and friends to fully utilize the facilities! (Words of ugly singaporean)

nowadays ugly singaporeans are replaced by ugly "foreigners" of certain nationalities who bring their friends and tribes on wkends and hog condo facilities..

tribes?!?!?!?! dun buy condo better liao.

nowadays ugly singaporeans are replaced by ugly "foreigners" of certain nationalities who bring their friends and tribes on wkends and hog condo facilities..

tribes?!?!?!?! dun buy condo better liao.
    it is inevitable.. nearly 1 in 2 resident on the island is now a foreigner
    and most of them are from "aspiring" nations ~

now, that makes me wonder if the facilities can support 1715 units and some ugly singaporeans and their friends hehehe.
    not if all think like me! hahaha

this is sooooooo true....the more facilities there are, the more accessible it is, the more it will be exploited by these foreign tribes and entourages.

The same qualities that pushes up the psf of a project become a double-edged sword...

august just said not only singaporeans but foreigners also.

i will stick to old condos which hopefully won't attract such pple.

not if all think like me! hahaha

it is inevitable.. nearly 1 in 2 resident on the island is now a foreigner
    and most of them are from "aspiring" nations ~
    Are you referring to the Makena?

CAPITALAND has started marketing D'Leedon, the 1,715-unit, 99-year leasehold residential project it will build on the site of the former Farrer Court.

In bloom: D'Leedon will comprise seven high-end residential towers and 12 villas

The D'Leedon showflat has been built and agents have started distributing flyers to prospective buyers.
    Units in the District 10 project on Farrer Road will mostly be priced upwards of $1,600 per sq ft (psf) for the most part, BT understands.
    In terms of the number of units, D'Leedon is believed to be the largest single condominium project ever in Singapore.
    has anyone seen the plans? looking at the "iconic" shape, the plans are going to be irregular. Irregular may be fine for large units, but it's going to be screwed up for small units.

I hate the name too... pretend to be french... there nothing french about it. french = high class meh

What kind of a name is D'Leedon? It's not French. Grammar is wrong. Don't think it could be European either.

Sounds like it should be in the category of words like boomz, hiaz, etc... but for $1600psf?

MM units in this project will be super HOT...hopefully 20% max for 1bedder

nice promising project with gd views

Quote Originally Posted by valkri
    What kind of a name is D'Leedon? It's not French. Grammar is wrong. Don't think it could be European either.

Sounds like it should be in the category of words like boomz, hiaz, etc... but for $1600psf?
    hmmm.... not french, not european....

Must be capitalandish

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    has anyone seen the plans? looking at the "iconic" shape, the plans are going to be irregular. Irregular may be fine for large units, but it's going to be screwed up for small units.

I hate the name too... pretend to be french... there nothing french about it. french = high class meh
    close to holland road mah

so use something frenchy

really horrible name lol

really horrible name lol
    sounds like Deleted

maybe The Leedon is simple and nice

the worst part is many boutique projects are already D' something e.g. D'cambridge, D'banyan, D'Castila, D'casita, D'Mira, D'Almira, D'Fresco, D'ixoras, etc etc.

why would capitaland want to name singapore's biggest residential project (by no. of units) similarly?!

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    sounds like Deleted

maybe The Leedon is simple and nice

the worst part is many boutique projects are already D' something e.g. D'cambridge, D'banyan, D'Castila, D'casita, D'Mira, D'Almira, D'Fresco, D'ixoras, etc etc.

why would capitaland want to name singapore's biggest residential project (by no. of units) similarly?!
    it was an honest mistake to over pay for the enbloc
    now another honest mistake in the naming? lol