Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: D'Leedon (D10, 99 years leasehold, Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by smallant
    Honest mistake but pax here daft to bite ? Rumours true or not ?

sorry my english not very good

but what is PAX and DAFT ?

today is the VVIP viewing and balloting day.

any updates?

at mergui road, entry by balestier/rangoon. bordered by CTE. except its FH vs d'Leedon's 99. but i think quite nobrainer lah. FH so wat?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    where the heck is cityscape?

1400 PSF i think Capitaland's shareholders and partners would be upset. Margin so thin, management should have bidded for GLS instead and would have made better margins.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    its all about the pricing....if its around 1400-1600psf...sure sell like hotcakes

Just received some floorplans of 1 and 2 bedders from agent. Layouts are odd shapes. May be hard to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    1400 PSF i think Capitaland's shareholders and partners would be upset. Margin so thin, management should have bidded for GLS instead and would have made better margins.
    block 11, 22th floor. selling for 1600psf. 1399sf. for every floor higher, add $9000.

that is what I heard.

At this price and gradient, 2nd floor would be selling at $1,470psf.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Just received some floorplans of 1 and 2 bedders from agent. Layouts are odd shapes. May be hard to sell.
    old news. We have all seen the floor plans. indeed odd shaped.

My wife would not like it, no room for a maid.

I'm not too keen on this 99LH project so I didn't make an effort to find the floorplans. With so much land, I wonder why the developer wants to spoil the project by designing something not so convenient for the owners.

I'm not too keen on this 99LH project so I didn't make an effort to find the floorplans. With so much land, I wonder why the developer wants to spoil the project by designing something not so convenient for the owners.
    because the architect wanted to make the towers look like flowers in a garden. the higher the floor, the larger the units. if your unit happens to be a petal, then it would be elongated. the center of the flower is actually hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    block 11, 22th floor. selling for 1600psf. 1399sf. for every floor higher, add $9000.

that is what I heard.

At this price and gradient, 2nd floor would be selling at $1,470psf.
    how about 2bedder mid flr let say 15th flr? the smallest 2bedder

i wud tot tat they cud sell better if they cut the land into 3 different projects?

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    because the architect wanted to make the towers look like flowers in a garden. the higher the floor, the larger the units. if your unit happens to be a petal, then it would be elongated. the center of the flower is actually hollow.
    It's a failure then because I can't see it... I thought the blocks may topple because the center of gravity is shifted upwards with larger units on top

Why should I pay so much $ and make myself inconvenient just so that the architects can claim to have some fanciful designs?

how about 2bedder mid flr let say 15th flr? the smallest 2bedder
    don't know. source only quoted prices for the larger 4 bedder.

but for the large units (1399sf), units on the 15th floor would be selling at 1,550psf. 2 bedder, if we assume 10% more expensive, would be selling for 1700psf. I am just guessing.

It's a failure then because I can't see it... I thought the blocks may topple because the center of gravity is shifted upwards with larger units on top

Why should I pay so much $ and make myself inconvenient just so that the architects can claim to have some fanciful designs?
    the sail is the same story. looks nice from the outside, but inconvenient to the residents.

the interlace in the same boat. the toilet is a five sided monster, and your master bedroom is shaped like broken chinese fan.

frankly, the model for the Interlace is almost as good as the picture but the model for d'Leedon is a far cry from the picture which looks so much more impressive. other than the curves and petals, i dunno why i get this sinking feeling that when completed, d'Leedon will be something like Rivergate where the exterior of neighbouring projects will outshine it by miles while it stands there a tall lonely (maybe ugly) monster.

i wud tot tat they cud sell better if they cut the land into 3 different projects?
    Maybe they cannot, as a condition not to subdivide during the enbloc, imposed by URA...

Let's be fair to this project. It's indeed very near town and convenient. Some blocks can have unblocked greenery or reservoir or city view. Impressive facilities. Quite iconinc design. Should appeal to many. If it's priced at 1400 ppl would have queued up to snatch it. To be fair to shareholders it tries to do 1600 to 1700. I already have a few friends interested in this simply because of the convenience. I would say 1600 at 22 floor is a better deal than 1100 at that jurong project, or 1400 at scala.

I particularly like that block with 4 identical units per floor. Most peaceful and with best bt timah view. The currently released 2 blocks are not so gd.

Do not always link district no. with "VERY near town" ok? This place is further from town than Clementi. Would anyone consider Clementi near town? Traffic is also quite bad. Take MRT worse, take 10 stations (with 2 transfers) to hit the new downtown - 45 min mimimum with waiting. I wouldn't consider this " VERY near town". As for "convenience", not exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Maybe they cannot, as a condition not to subdivide during the enbloc, imposed by URA...

Let's be fair to this project. It's indeed very near town and convenient. Some blocks can have unblocked greenery or reservoir or city view. Impressive facilities. Quite iconinc design. Should appeal to many. If it's priced at 1400 ppl would have queued up to snatch it. To be fair to shareholders it tries to do 1600 to 1700. I already have a few friends interested in this simply because of the convenience. I would say 1600 at 22 floor is a better deal than 1100 at that jurong project, or 1400 at scala.

I particularly like that block with 4 identical units per floor. Most peaceful and with best bt timah view. The currently released 2 blocks are not so gd.

agent told me, heavy balloting, response quite good ~

Do not always link district no. with "VERY near town" ok?
    No I dun. Where did I mention that ? It's u who always have a presumption.

This place is further from town than Clementi.
    U r exaggerating. From empress rd out, farrer, then holland rd, then u r at botanic garden. 10 mins to orchard. No highway needed. (there is a little catch but unless u r really familiar ... But u dun care anyway so let's just leave it)

Take MRT worsey.
    U forgot the downtown line. Also, even though it's not the nearest station to one particular place, because it's central, it's always not too far to anywhere. This is the whole point of "central".

Do not always link district no. with "VERY near town" ok? This place is further from town than Clementi. Would anyone consider Clementi near town? Traffic is also quite bad. Take MRT worse, take 10 stations (with 2 transfers) to hit the new downtown - 45 min mimimum with waiting. I wouldn't consider this " VERY near town". As for "convenience", not exactly.
    how can D'Leedon be further from town than Clementi?????

i used to stay at a HDB at farrer rd so i know how near to orchard it is, i even walked home once in order to avoid taking taxi after midnite ~

I agree with your 1st statement. I think district number is over-hyped.

But, Farrer IS nearer town than Clementi. I stay near holland/ulu pandan, which is kinda in between Farrer and Clementi.

Its poss to take bus from Farrer and be in orchard faster than one can take MRT from Clementi. Can also change to MRT at orchard and be at City Hall in abt the same time as MRT from Clementi.

As for traffic, I always maintain that given the no. of cars on SG road these days, traffic is very bad almost in most parts of town/arterial roads leading to and from town during peak hrs. Saying traffic is bad is quite pointless... I would ask where (or when) is traffic good? I can name many places that can be both a breeze and a pain to drive, depending on which direction and what time, and that includes Clementi and Farrer.

Any news on the ballot response???

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    I agree with your 1st statement. I think district number is over-hyped.

But, Farrer IS nearer town than Clementi. I stay near holland/ulu pandan, which is kinda in between Farrer and Clementi.

Its poss to take bus from Farrer and be in orchard faster than one can take MRT from Clementi. Can also change to MRT at orchard and be at City Hall in abt the same time as MRT from Clementi.

As for traffic, I always maintain that given the no. of cars on SG road these days, traffic is very bad almost in most parts of town/arterial roads leading to and from town during peak hrs. Saying traffic is bad is quite pointless... I would ask where (or when) is traffic good? I can name many places that can be both a breeze and a pain to drive, depending on which direction and what time, and that includes Clementi and Farrer.

i think by a straight line its definitely nearer to town than clementi
    but it you take into consideration ..coming out to farrer road ( small road with traffic light) , then turning fighting to filter left to exit Holland rd ..

it may take a tad longer time ..then clementi ..being a straight road

Quote Originally Posted by august
    agent told me, heavy balloting, response quite good ~
    I find it quite hard to believe the response is so good at $1600+ psf and 99LH. Cheapest 1+1 is $1.7 mil? Might as well get a FH landed. Maybe I should go down to take a look at this project over the weekend.

I find it quite hard to believe the response is so good at $1600+ psf and 99LH. Cheapest 1+1 is $1.7 mil? Might as well get a FH landed. Maybe I should go down to take a look at this project over the weekend.
    not so ex lah, so-called 1+1 635sqft starts from $1mil
    high floors from 25th upwards may cross $2k psf though ~

I'm vested in this area as my residence and 1 of my investment pty are in this part of D10. My last investment pty is at the edge of D10, close to D21 Mt Sinai area. Thus my views are biased and will certainly pray that D'Leedon can sell at above $1500 psf.

Your view that Clementi is nearer to `town' is true only if we are talking about Shenton/ Business District area. However, if we talk about Orchard area, then its pretty obvious Farrer is nearer. In that sense, you are not wrong while the agents are also right to say its `near town'.

Having said that, I think buyers of D'Leedon will not be concerned with the Traffic situation of Farrer Rd, ie they wouldn't not buy D'Leedon just because traffic at Farrer is bad. I have stayed in this area practically my whole life and have witnessed the slow transformation of Farrer Road from the building of the Holland/ Farrer flyover in the 80s to the mayhem now outside Farrer market.

Many residents here, and I speak for myself as well, has seen Farrer Road traffic gotten worse and worse. The road works meant to improve the situation actually aggravate the problem. Of coz, the circle line construction is the mother of all the traffic woes here. BUT, its only a short 3-5 mins of jam from Kings road to Holland Rd and you can whisk your way to Orchard in no time. Furthermore, by comparing a predominant HDB heartland Clementi to Farrer rd, you are missing the whole point of why people buy/ stay in Farrer. Some just prefer to stay in an area which is surrounded by less HDB flats.

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    Of coz, the circle line construction is the mother of all the traffic woes here.
    yes.

and it's over. after 7yrs I think.

really. the road diversion, split, curve, whatever u call it, due to the circle line station construction, is over, from 1 Dec 2010.

coming out to farrer road ( small road with traffic light)
    this section of farrer road now is a big 4 lane straight road. proud_owner, u have not been here for a long time

The traffic along Farrer road is much better these days. I will say it is quite smooth between 745 - 815am. I will not buy unit facing Farrer road as it can be rather noisy.

yes 7 and 9 will be quite bad;

I like 15 unit 51, unblocked bt timah greenery view ...

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    yes 7 and 9 will be quite bad;

I like 15 unit 51, unblocked bt timah greenery view ...
    \

only stacks 11 and 13 have been released. these should be okay.