Page 8 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823283338 ... LastLast

Thread: D'Leedon (D10, 99 years leasehold, Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    \

only stacks 11 and 13 have been released. these should be okay.
    yes from the noise perspective.

although these 2 are the most crowded ones. 11 units per floor.

Just got back from the showflat. No marble. Everything nice is ID. the worst part is that it is in the middle of an HDB sea. going to anson road requires you to take a U turn on Farrer at buket timah.

wife asked me to give it a miss. the fact that it is so expensive (Everything is above 1500psf) did not help.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    frankly, the model for the Interlace is almost as good as the picture but the model for d'Leedon is a far cry from the picture which looks so much more impressive. other than the curves and petals, i dunno why i get this sinking feeling that when completed, d'Leedon will be something like Rivergate where the exterior of neighbouring projects will outshine it by miles while it stands there a tall lonely (maybe ugly) monster.
    it will not be outshone by the surrounding buildings, because it is surrounded by ugly HDB, except ugly tulip garden.

so how are the sales like?

this is still preview or opened to public already?

Just got back from the showflat. No marble. Everything nice is ID. the worst part is that it is in the middle of an HDB sea. going to anson road requires you to take a U turn on Farrer at buket timah.

wife asked me to give it a miss. the fact that it is so expensive (Everything is above 1500psf) did not help.

Guocoland en-bloc something along Leedon Road I think. maybe that will be nicer. on the other side of the road, perhaps the completed waterfall gardens or even the older Levelz may look nicer.

it will not be outshone by the surrounding buildings, because it is surrounded by ugly HDB, except ugly tulip garden.

so how are the sales like?

this is still preview or opened to public already?
    still a VIP preview. but if you go now, there will be tons to agents willing to take you in.

it is far cry from the launch of duchess residences. a lot of agents, but not many buyers or gawkers (including me and wife). the parking lot was not even half filled. 82 out of 200 sold at last count.

hmmm...price list sent by agents shows a good number of units at below 1500psf, lowest about 147x. So these are all "snapped up"?

Guocoland en-bloc something along Leedon Road I think. maybe that will be nicer. on the other side of the road, perhaps the completed waterfall gardens or even the older Levelz may look nicer.
    if you go north from there, there is a long stretch of HDB blocks, all the way to bukit timah.

Quote Originally Posted by valkri
    hmmm...price list sent by agents shows a good number of units at below 1500psf, lowest about 147x. So these are all "snapped up"?
    some are, but many are not. many units facing farrer are still available. go snap them up if you want. my wife told me to not even consider it.

oh, that's so encouraging. 82 includes the 48 sold to ex-owners? oh well, 1600+ to go.

still a VIP preview. but if you go now, there will be tons to agents willing to take you in.

it is far cry from the launch of duchess residences. a lot of agents, but not many buyers or gawkers (including me and wife). the parking lot was not even half filled. 82 out of 200 sold at last count.

oh, that's so encouraging. 82 includes the 48 sold to ex-owners? oh well, 1600+ to go.
    yes, 82 includes the 48 you mentioned.

I think the long stretch of HDB is the biggest turnoff. and that area doesn't smell "exclusive" to me.

that i m aware. was trying to compare it with condos south of it. iconic no doubt but whether the facade will look nice when completed is another thing. Rivergate sure looks very different from the brochure.

if you go north from there, there is a long stretch of HDB blocks, all the way to bukit timah.

that i m aware. was trying to compare it with condos south of it. iconic no doubt but whether the facade will look nice when completed is another thing. Rivergate sure looks very different from the brochure.
    i was actually ambivalent. I thought it would be nice to be so close to MRT. but when I saw the sea of HDB blocks, I agreed with my wife it is overpriced. there is just a lack of the glamor factor in that area.

agents will tell u otherwise. neighbours with GCB owners to your west will be what they say.

i was actually ambivalent. I thought it would be nice to be so close to MRT. but when I saw the sea of HDB blocks, I agreed with my wife it is overpriced. there is just a lack of the glamor factor in that area.

Town means downtown. Everyday go Orchard Road for what? When we talk about peak hours travelling time, it's about travelling to work and business district right? As for weekends travelling to Orchard or chilling out at ulu places, a bit of distance doesn't matter since traffic is smooth everywhere. Sorry, I don't think this place which is the edge of D10 is close to town. See the map and you would be surprised how much nearer is D5.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    I agree with your 1st statement. I think district number is over-hyped.

But, Farrer IS nearer town than Clementi. I stay near holland/ulu pandan, which is kinda in between Farrer and Clementi.

Its poss to take bus from Farrer and be in orchard faster than one can take MRT from Clementi. Can also change to MRT at orchard and be at City Hall in abt the same time as MRT from Clementi.

As for traffic, I always maintain that given the no. of cars on SG road these days, traffic is very bad almost in most parts of town/arterial roads leading to and from town during peak hrs. Saying traffic is bad is quite pointless... I would ask where (or when) is traffic good? I can name many places that can be both a breeze and a pain to drive, depending on which direction and what time, and that includes Clementi and Farrer.

Or they will say the HDB will be enbloced to become future "high-end" Farrer Courts with another 5000 units.

agents will tell u otherwise. neighbours with GCB owners to your west will be what they say.

No marble? Really cut cost to preserve margin until so "obvious"? I thought they only cut things like low ceiling height and thin leaky walls that u will only know when TOP? Like that still consider "high-end"? 11 units per floor is like machiam 3 room flat corridor. at least 3 room flat corridor face outside and airy. This one might be just face opposite door in a stale corridor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Town means downtown. Everyday go Orchard Road for what? When we talk about peak hours travelling time, it's about travelling to work and business district right? As for weekends travelling to Orchard or chilling out at ulu places, a bit of distance doesn't matter since traffic is smooth everywhere. Sorry, I don't think this place which is the edge of D10 is close to town. See the map and you would be surprised how much nearer is D5.
    i tot u use proximity to orchard as a yardstick last time when u make comments on DTL3?

so damn bad sales response??? due to heavy rain?

tot some say heavy balloting expected...i tot at least 150units sold by now

My agent told me a moment ago that 150 units are sold.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    so damn bad sales response??? due to heavy rain?

tot some say heavy balloting expected...i tot at least 150units sold by now
    no rain. sunny like hell.

I agree with Wild Falcon that is not conveniently located.to take a u turn you need to go all the way to bukit timah. It is definitely not closer to town than clementi.

my wife works at Anson road, and she said it would take longer to travel to work from d'leedon than from clementi.

no balloting. you can take any unit that you want.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    sounds more like it

i tot recession coming

It depends on the definition of town.
    no rain. sunny like hell.

I agree with Wild Falcon that is not conveniently located.to take a u turn you need to go all the way to bukit timah. It is definitely not closer to town than clementi.

my wife works at Anson road, and she said it would take longer to travel to work from d'leedon than from clementi.

no balloting. you can take any unit that you want.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    so they sold 68 units in three hours?

Now all moving out from town, rich getting near to town to do what?

maybe when u were there the 68 have not signed yet so not counted.

so they sold 68 units in three hours?

maybe when u were there the 68 have not signed yet so not counted.
    I find that slightly unbelievable. there aren't that many visitors. perhaps they sold a block of units to a fund. who knows?

... go all the way to bukit timah..
    just for this point: u need to use the empress road exit. the showflat is at leedon side. there is a king's road side.

"a sea of HDBs" .. ok lah.. a grand total of 8 blocks.... there is one right at footstep though

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    just for this point: u need to use the empress road exit. the showflat is at leedon side. there is a king's road side.

"a sea of HDBs" .. ok lah.. a grand total of 8 blocks.... there is one right at footstep though
    that is right, right next to stack 11, which I was intereted in.

thanks for the tip about the empress road exit. but would that road be large enough when the project TOPs? it is really a narrow winding road. I drove on that road a few times when going to church. can't imagine it becoming the main exit way for such a big project.

Just had a double confirmation from agent: 150plus unit sold. Price will increase this weekend.