Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 556065707580818283848586 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 2557

Thread: D'Leedon (D10, 99 years leasehold, Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer888 View Post
    Hi HP65 and proud owner, really appreciate your kind advice and comments.

The main reason why I chose D'Leedon is due to its proximity to NYPS and other schools in the area. I have applied for NYK as well (pending results in May this year) so if my kid gets in, it will make more sense buying D'Leedon. We prefer units within Blk 9, 11 and 13 as my wife and I don't drive. So staying near to the mrt station will be of more convenience. Having said that, if the pricing in other blks are more competitive, we will likely to consider those units as well.

We are buying for own stay as we currently own a HDB flat and the plan is to rent out the HDB flat (HDB flats have better rental yield vs condos). And we like the overall feel of the condo with all its facilities and furthermore it is a new condo. I understand that my budget can probably get a unit which is much cheaper within the area but most of them are fairly old? I have even considered Pollen & Bleu which is opposite D'Leedon but that's even pricier. Was quite attracted to its loft units initially.

In any case, which development do you guys recommend that is within the area (may or may not be within 1km of NYPS)? I am happy to listen to opinions and suggestions

Thanks guys!
    No worries. I did a quick search, took me 10 min and the following are all within 1km. Are you or your spouse old boy or girl of NYPS? If not, the within 1km is crucial.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ale-the-tresor

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-duchess-manor

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...e-the-shelford

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-casabella

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...helford-suites

Of the above, I actually like The Shelford the most. Good size condo with decent facilities. Side gate lead to bus stop along Dunnearn Rd.

Disclaimer: I'm not an agent nor associated with any of the above. I just like ppty a lot (more than my day job) and have done tonnes of research.

Quote Originally Posted by HP65 View Post
    No worries. I did a quick search, took me 10 min and the following are all within 1km. Are you or your spouse old boy or girl of NYPS? If not, the within 1km is crucial.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ale-the-tresor

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-duchess-manor

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...e-the-shelford

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-casabella

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...helford-suites

Of the above, I actually like The Shelford the most. Good size condo with decent facilities. Side gate lead to bus stop along Dunnearn Rd.

Disclaimer: I'm not an agent nor associated with any of the above. I just like ppty a lot (more than my day job) and have done tonnes of research.

Thanks dude! Yeah, I also like property alot (more than my day job as well.. haha). We are not NYPS alumni unfortunately so within 1km is crucial for us. But if other options are more attractive and sensible, then we might just give up NYPS.

I will take a look at those listings! Thanks!

Thanks dude! Yeah, I also like property alot (more than my day job as well.. haha). We are not NYPS alumni unfortunately so within 1km is crucial for us. But if other options are more attractive and sensible, then we might just give up NYPS.

I will take a look at those listings! Thanks!
    Great discussion here. Hope you find what you were looking for!
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Great discussion here. Hope you find what you were looking for!
    Thanks man! Have been waiting for a few years now while accumulating my bullets. Our initial shortlist was The Viva at Novena when we just bought our HDB flat not long after. But the property boom came right after and the prices just shot up sky high after TOP.

Are you looking for any potential units as well?

Hi HP65 and proud owner, really appreciate your kind advice and comments.

The main reason why I chose D'Leedon is due to its proximity to NYPS and other schools in the area. I have applied for NYK as well (pending results in May this year) so if my kid gets in, it will make more sense buying D'Leedon. We prefer units within Blk 9, 11 and 13 as my wife and I don't drive. So staying near to the mrt station will be of more convenience. Having said that, if the pricing in other blks are more competitive, we will likely to consider those units as well.

We are buying for own stay as we currently own a HDB flat and the plan is to rent out the HDB flat (HDB flats have better rental yield vs condos). And we like the overall feel of the condo with all its facilities and furthermore it is a new condo. I understand that my budget can probably get a unit which is much cheaper within the area but most of them are fairly old? I have even considered Pollen & Bleu which is opposite D'Leedon but that's even pricier. Was quite attracted to its loft units initially.

In any case, which development do you guys recommend that is within the area (may or may not be within 1km of NYPS)? I am happy to listen to opinions and suggestions

Thanks guys!
    Pollen & Bleu is 99LH i believe and is more exp than D Leedon becos its much QUIETER ...

The nearby FH ones may be old, but they offer regular layouts, quieter environment.

but hey , i believe many veteran here ( maybe i am wrong) actually prefer older FH.

i can renovate to me taste.

i can open my windows and enjoy the breeze and not noise and dust.

i can also be within 1km or NYPS.

there are certain blks of Spanish Villa, Sommerville park, which is near MRT.

also gallops gable

and those HP65 mentioned, i also like Shelford side..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    Pollen & Bleu is 99LH i believe and is more exp than D Leedon becos its much QUIETER ...

The nearby FH ones may be old, but they offer regular layouts, quieter environment.

but hey , i believe many veteran here ( maybe i am wrong) actually prefer older FH.

i can renovate to me taste.

i can open my windows and enjoy the breeze and not noise and dust.

i can also be within 1km or NYPS.

there are certain blks of Spanish Villa, Sommerville park, which is near MRT.

also gallops gable

and those HP65 mentioned, i also like Shelford side..

Hi proud owner,

Yes, P&B is 99LH and more expensive as it is a relatively small development with just 106 units. I agree that it is surely quieter.

I agree that the pricing for the older FHs does look very attractive and so we might consider them in the end. I guess it's just a personal preference that we like a "new" house and not really resale units. But perhaps we can overcome this mindset.

Hi dreamer888,

D'leedon can be quieter depends on which unit cum facing u choose. Blk 11,13,15 those units facing the GCB n central catchment areas r the quieter ones. Blk 3,5,7,9 units facing away from farrer rd and holland rd r quieter too, however they see blk 11,13,15 too.

So w ur budget, there r plenty of choices. Depends on ur preferences, freehold or leasehold, high floor or low floor, floor areas too, facilities n amenities etc.

Those who said farrer rd, king's rd jammed like crazy during peak hours. I agreed totally. But do u know there r alternative roads in Cornwall rd, queen Victoria rd, sixth ave rd etc...D'leedon has 2 entrances, leedon heights and king's rd.

Of cos, there r ppl who said D'leedon is 1715 units. Yes, I agreed. No exclusive. But w 1715, mgt has $$$ resources to maintain the landscaping, lifts, 2 pools, 3 tennis court, 1 basketball court, golf simulators, blizzard rms, etc....yet maintained ur monthly maintences fee low....

Do start researching n visiting. U never know what u can get. Try expand ur research to above 2m....I saw an advertisement unit ask 2.2m, but actually can close at 1.9+m. Never try never ask never know. But must know the mkt n urself well.

Gd luck

Ps: I am not a property agent.
    Just Do It! 要拼才会赢!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberknight View Post
    Hi dreamer888,

D'leedon can be quieter depends on which unit cum facing u choose. Blk 11,13,15 those units facing the GCB n central catchment areas r the quieter ones. Blk 3,5,7,9 units facing away from farrer rd and holland rd r quieter too, however they see blk 11,13,15 too.

So w ur budget, there r plenty of choices. Depends on ur preferences, freehold or leasehold, high floor or low floor, floor areas too, facilities n amenities etc.

Those who said farrer rd, king's rd jammed like crazy during peak hours. I agreed totally. But do u know there r alternative roads in Cornwall rd, queen Victoria rd, sixth ave rd etc...D'leedon has 2 entrances, leedon heights and king's rd.

Of cos, there r ppl who said D'leedon is 1715 units. Yes, I agreed. No exclusive. But w 1715, mgt has $$$ resources to maintain the landscaping, lifts, 2 pools, 3 tennis court, 1 basketball court, golf simulators, blizzard rms, etc....yet maintained ur monthly maintences fee low....

Do start researching n visiting. U never know what u can get. Try expand ur research to above 2m....I saw an advertisement unit ask 2.2m, but actually can close at 1.9+m. Never try never ask never know. But must know the mkt n urself well.

Gd luck

Ps: I am not a property agent.

Hi Cyberknight,

Thanks for your kind advice. Are you currently staying at D'Leedon or just purely interested in ppties too?

My wife and I don't drive so i think the traffic conditions don't really matter much to us. Having said that, i don't discard the possibility of buying a car in the future. I guess there isn't a "perfect" unit in the world. There are always pros and cons in every development. It just what matters most to you in terms of priority imo. Anyway, I agree that the maintenance costs will be kept low at D'Leedon as given such a huge developement, it will reap large economies of scale.

I have done some research after hearing from some of the forummers here. Found 2 pretty attractive units at Spanish Village and The Levelz with large floor areas, FH and priced at around $1,400 psf. Spanish Village was built in 1987 and so it might present an en-bloc potential as well (read that it has an unsuccessful en-bloc bid in 2007). Both are near to Farrer Road MRT station and are within 1km of NYPS.

Any thoughts on these 2 developments from anyone here?

Thanks!

Thanks man! Have been waiting for a few years now while accumulating my bullets. Our initial shortlist was The Viva at Novena when we just bought our HDB flat not long after. But the property boom came right after and the prices just shot up sky high after TOP.

Are you looking for any potential units as well?
    Not really. I am temporarily out of bullets after my third local property. None in CCR though, but close enough for me.

But can still keep in view in case there is a drastic change in plans later on.

Also, do check out the phase 2C 1km distance probability for the school you want. I think it's the number 1 popular primary school. I wish you luck.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

it seems you restrict youreslf on the farrer rd side. levelz is noisy. spanish village is really too old, dun buy for hope of enbloc, that's not a given nowadays. btw you will buy a car in your next stage of life. dun discount that.

you never take a look at HP65's proposal seriously ? Those are very quiet/peaceful condos, sitting in the mids of all those landed houses. And there is a new MRT station TKK right at the doorstep for some of them. also it is nearer and simpler walking to NYPS from this side. Note the kindergarten entrance has shifted to the old place at Coronation rd , no more King's rd, so it's more at this side.

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    it seems you restrict youreslf on the farrer rd side. levelz is noisy. spanish village is really too old, dun buy for hope of enbloc, that's not a given nowadays. btw you will buy a car in your next stage of life. dun discount that.

you never take a look at HP65's proposal seriously ? Those are very quiet/peaceful condos, sitting in the mids of all those landed houses. And there is a new MRT station TKK right at the doorstep for some of them. also it is nearer and simpler walking to NYPS from this side. Note the kindergarten entrance has shifted to the old place at Coronation rd , no more King's rd, so it's more at this side.
    Hi Kelonguni,

Kudos to you on your 3 ppties! You must have deep pockets Yeah, I am aware that NYPS is super popular so it's a risk for me as well. Thanks for the luck, it's much needed!

Hi amk,

Noted on the noisiness at The Levelz. Spanish Village is indeed very old (about 30 yrs). But the floor area is huge for a 2-br and has a decent layout. Just my 2 cents worth. Will surely take a look at the unit if I want to explore more. Btw, I am already in my next stage of life and I have survived without a car! Haha.. I always believe staying close to a train station which provides alot of convenience.

Actually, i googled all of HP65's proposed devts. Most of the devts are pretty big in floor area and has a higher psf as compared to those on Farrer Road and i am priced out of them given my budget. I did found The Shelford as the most affordable one at $1.7mm with a decent floor area. So that goes into my shortlist as well for now.

Thanks!

Wow, large quantum purchase by HDB upgrader

25 Feb 16 15 Leedon Heights #XX-XX Resale 2,433 Strata 1,626 3,954,700 HDB

Wow, large quantum purchase by HDB upgrader

25 Feb 16 15 Leedon Heights #XX-XX Resale 2,433 Strata 1,626 3,954,700 HDB

in my opinion .... its a stupid buyer ....

for 3.9 mil ..... i would have bought a landed Semi FREEHOLD ...

since 2005/6 i have been calling to buy landed .... a commodity thats getting rarer and rarer ... and that only local can buy ...

still have people paying this amt for LH ?

I am assuming the HDB address = local ... it could be PR ..who did not get approval to buy landed

since 2005/6 i have been calling to buy landed .... a commodity thats getting rarer and rarer ... and that only local can buy ...

I am assuming the HDB address = local ... it could be PR ..who did not get approval to buy landed
    LOL another landed lover here.

Landed Buyers HUAT AH!!!
    The most successful investors are defined by their actions in a bear market, not a bull market.

seriously ... there are many old landed terraces that were bought in 2005/6/7 and sold in 2015 for almost 3 times the price

Bought 1mil ( didnt do any reno ) ....sold 2015 ( same 2005 condition ) 2.8 to 3mil

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Think you are missing the forest from the tree......

It is true landed is getting rarer absolutely (but NOT RELATIVELY (will explain more later)), but 99-years LH landed are pretty useless with no preservation of value purpose........

Most Singaporeans (more and more younger ones) just CAN'T afforded landed, regardless of how rare the landed property is (and not rare if you consider the older generation living in landed (who bought cheap) are dying one by one and younger ones can't afford, so it is a matter of landed SUPPLY is actually becoming much higher than DEMAND)..........

And landed has the worst rental yield and hence is a very poor investment property choice............

So my conclusion:
    Landed good for own stay, but bad investment choice!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

We will definitely see reversion to the MEANs for the landed, since government already tightened regulation for PRs buying landed!

With the older generation (living in landed and who bought super cheap) dying one by one, creating HUGE SUPPLY,
    while younger generation getting fewer and fewer can AFFORD,
    so: SUPPLY much greater than DEMAND..... => PRICE DROP!
    Remember, FOREIGNERS cannot buy LANDED (except those 99-year LH in Sentosa)!

seriously ... there are many old landed terraces that were bought in 2005/6/7 and sold in 2015 for almost 3 times the price

Bought 1mil ( didnt do any reno ) ....sold 2015 ( same 2005 condition ) 2.8 to 3mil

http://dleedon.com/wp-content/upload...an_Block15.pdf

#31-54. its not even north facing!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Think you are missing the forest from the tree......

It is true landed is getting rarer absolutely (but NOT RELATIVELY (will explain more later)), but 99-years LH landed are pretty useless with no preservation of value purpose........

Most Singaporeans (more and more younger ones) just CAN'T afforded landed, regardless of how rare the landed property is (and not rare if you consider the older generation living in landed (who bought cheap) are dying one by one and younger ones can't afford, so it is a matter of landed SUPPLY is actually becoming much higher than DEMAND)..........

And landed has the worst rental yield and hence is a very poor investment property choice............

So my conclusion:
    Landed good for own stay, but bad investment choice!
    i dont mean LH landed ...

what is your reasons for choosing D Leedon?

1700 ish units ... no matter how many pools, car park lots , bbq pits etc also no use ...

There are many reasons i wont consider it :

. too many units
    . not all are within 1km of NYPS
    . cheaper ones face Farrer rd = noisy + dusty
    . those facing inside = expensive, more exp than FH ones nearby that are within 1km of NYPS
    . should one decides to lease out, too many competing units
    . if one drives, during peak hrs, very difficult to turn out to Farrer rd, alternative rd is long

with 1.9mil budget ... and if NYPS is not the reason, you have so many other choices... FH also have ...
    Just wanted to correct one pt - all of dleedon is within nyps, at least according to one map

IMO, Stack 54 has the best facing

if wan total unblock, blk 3 stack 5 faces south see sentosa, blk 15 stack 51 faces north see rolling hills. Bathroom no need curtains some more.

If wan biggest floor area n highest floor, stack 4 and 54 R the ones.
    Just Do It! 要拼才会赢!

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
    Just wanted to correct one pt - all of dleedon is within nyps, at least according to one map

thanks for pointing out.

I havent used Onemap ... but i recall reading somewhere that not all Blks are within 1km..

yes base on onemap they all are within 1km

thanks for pointing out.

I havent used Onemap ... but i recall reading somewhere that not all Blks are within 1km..

yes base on onemap they all are within 1km
    its leedon residences which has some blks within 1km and other blks not.

Quote Originally Posted by jeaprp View Post
    IMO, Stack 54 has the best facing
    huh ? 54 just see opposite block, where got best ?

51 is best, there is no doubt. I went up a few times already (a friend has a unit). very very nice view. you see very far from MBR with nothing in between, and you get total privacy, not a single house is facing you. In SG very rare you have unit like this. you can do your whatever naughty YOLO funny things in your MBR without fear

31-54 buyer probably needs a 4bd. no choice. block 15 has marble flooring and video intercom, better than the rest blocks, considered a "premium" block. 31 floor not too bad lah, cleared Leedon Residences. can see opposite block 3 from living room, but its MBR and one br can also see the unblock direction north west, ok lah.

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    huh ? 54 just see opposite block, where got best ?

51 is best, there is no doubt. I went up a few times already (a friend has a unit). very very nice view. you see very far from MBR with nothing in between, and you get total privacy, not a single house is facing you. In SG very rare you have unit like this. you can do your whatever naughty YOLO funny things in your MBR without fear

31-54 buyer probably needs a 4bd. no choice. block 15 has marble flooring and video intercom, better than the rest blocks, considered a "premium" block. 31 floor not too bad lah, cleared Leedon Residences. can see opposite block 3 from living room, but its MBR and one br can also see the unblock direction north west, ok lah.
    3,5,15 are premium blocks and their finishings are the same.

stack 51 facing bin center, haha

52 should be as good as 51? is that the bin centre or the power house? anyway, if you are maybe above 8 flr, shouldn't bother you.

anyway, for dleedon, the penthouses, patio units, strata houses are very poor value proposition and hardly moved, but the rest should be more or less all gone now?

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
    52 should be as good as 51? is that the bin centre or the power house? anyway, if you are maybe above 8 flr, shouldn't bother you.

anyway, for dleedon, the penthouses, patio units, strata houses are very poor value proposition and hardly moved, but the rest should be more or less all gone now?
    i think the big units in that block should still have some to sell due to quantum.