Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 54596469747980818283848586 LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 2557

Thread: D'Leedon (D10, 99 years leasehold, Capitaland)

Default Approved Outdoor Roller Shades

Dear Residents,

For approved outdoor balcony roller shades, please contact the approved vendor by management office & architect:
    The Curtain Boutique
    +65 6846 1128
    www.tcb.com.sg
    www.fb.com/thecurtainboutique

| CURTAINS | BLINDS | WALLPAPER | SOLAR FILMS | MOTORIZED |

Hi - My family had moved in about 1 month back.

My experience with the Main Con - Who Hup is that they are very prompt and attentive to my defects lists. We need to be objective on what is real defect vs what is purely cosmetic.

For real defects like broken tiles, chipped glass panels and faulty cabinets, they were very prompt to attend to them. Painting works took longer, but they always reassured that they can come back to touch up on paint works even after my renovation.

I am pretty impressed with the service standards of my service manager who attended to me.

I suppose it may vary according to blocks. Some blocks have a lot more units. I am staying at one of the premium blocks.

Congratulations to yr new home ! Are you at block 15 ? Fantastic views !
    Woh Hup is considered a premium main con already. Other contractors are benchmarked against them. Yes the real defects are done quickly, the not so real ones , (" poor polish" etc ), be realistic. Condo after all is mass production work. If you think this one is unsatisfactory, others would have been disaster. Look out for real structural defects, not cosmetics. Leftover of paint patch, spill of cement stains etc, are minor. Cracks, leaks, and chokes are real.

Thanks.

Dleedon is a very beautiful development, and even more beautiful at night.

Well - there are still many rectifications on going through out the development - it is good to know that Who Hup is making good of the defects.

Hope every resident does their part to up keep Dleedon.

D'Leedon will be rolling out new schemes of discounts!

Developer's Sale:
    CDS (designer unit) -- Selling at the price of the bare unit, which equates to (complimentary premium imported furnitures given FOC)

Besides that, additional discounts for the Bare Units 1/2/3/4 Bedrooms

Omg not expecting such thing to happen in a newly top condo.

Poor boy rest in peace.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...leedon-heights

RIP

RIP and poor owner who thought he could collect rent and this happen.
    No one would want his unit be it rental or resale. It would affect neighboring units as well.

RIP and may the family find peace after the grief.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Thoughts should go to the distraught father and apparently murderer. Owner will rent it out in matter of time

Will this case becomes a liability to the condo?

I remembered not long ago, Carribean has a gay murder where one guy was murdered and then stuffed into a bag and dumped at sea. did that become a liability at Carribean?

Don't think this will be a liability because Public are very forgetful however with 1715 units however maybe residents would be affected and with that many units, I believe at least for next 2 years, the unit would be vacant unless owners move in.

should be ok to rent if the price is right.

it's incredibly sad, what seems to be a loving father cracking under pressure of a failed marriage and killing his own son.

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
    it's incredibly sad, what seems to be a loving father cracking under pressure of a failed marriage and killing his own son.

i am get much info from the press ...

until now, nothing said that He is the murderer...

and what was he doing 'Injured' at the neighbourhood police post at 5am ?

and what led the police to the condo ?

did he confess to killing the son ?

our paper really useless ... nothing mentioned .... only said will be charged ...

waste money buying newpaper

My sources say accused of strangling son...

Estranged relationship with wife, fighting over custody.

Body injury could be due to someone trying to stop?

Not verified.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    i am get much info from the press ...

until now, nothing said that He is the murderer...

and what was he doing 'Injured' at the neighbourhood police post at 5am ?

and what led the police to the condo ?

did he confess to killing the son ?

our paper really useless ... nothing mentioned .... only said will be charged ...

waste money buying newpaper
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

my guess would be depression, whole night didnt sleep, killed the boy, tried to kill himself, failed, went to police. injured probably = some self inflicted wounds....

Wonder if this incident got anything to do with fengshui.

Can check with Ms Ip. She has a workshop coming up.

Btw, we know the block and the floor level. Anyone know which stack?

Quote Originally Posted by vip View Post
    http://propertysoul.com/2015/10/08/p...-fengshui-101/

Property Fengshui 101

October 8, 2015

Do you believe in house fengshui? I am a big fan of it.

Don’t get me wrong. I am not being superstitious. Fengshui is very scientific. There is nothing speculative or supernatural about it.

Property fengshui believes in maintaining the harmony between man and nature for the sake of good health and good fortune.

Good fengshui depends very much on the external environment, especially the four basic elements of wind, sunlight, mountain and river. It talks about how to judge the fengshui of a place according to its location, direction, ventilation, sunlight, etc. Fengshui is all about harnessing Sheng Qi (生气) and avoiding Sha Qi (煞气).

Buy first or let a fengshui master see it first?

Many people hire fengshui masters to see their new home after they bought the place, when they should have done it the other way round. There are two reasons behind this.

First of all, since you have already made your purchase, it is too late to tell you even though the fengshui of the place is bad. And because you are a customer of the fengshui master, to be courteous, problem areas are only mentioned subtly in order not to make you lose face or upset you too much. Afterall, there is not much you can do now.

Furthermore, most fengshui masters like to advise their clients on renovations and decorations. But in reality, the outside environment is much more important than the interior decoration. If external fengshui is bad, there is only so much that interior fengshui can do. And you can’t make good use of the Qi if it doesn’t exist in the first place. There is an interesting analogy from a famous fengshui master: You can’t do hairstyling if you don’t have any hair in the first place.

Consequence of buying a good or bad fengshui property

Why am I so particular about buying a good unit?

Because I care about the well-being of my family and I have to ensure that there are no bad elements of our home.

Because I have my pride and I know people visiting my place will be full of praise.

Because I can get a good tenant in a soft rental market when competing with other landlords.

Because I can market it at a premium price next time when I sell my unit.

Because I know how things can turn out the other way if I buy the wrong unit out of ignorance.

For I have personally stepped into hundreds of resale units during flat viewing. You can’t imagine what kind of bad units that people can buy. The location, direction, facing, floor and layout are all wrong.

There are so many silly mistakes that the owners could have avoided if they bothered to do their homework and think twice before they buy.

The sad thing is: These owners have spent so much money buying the unit. But their family have to endure the nuisance or undesirable consequence. Next time when the unit is for rent or for sale, potential tenants and prospective give a frowny face before criticizing the place.

Some common examples of bad fengshui

The definitions and criteria of a good unit may be subjective. However, people tend to agree what defines a bad one – an obstructed view, a bad facing, lack of privacy, too much void area, noisy or dusty, bad or odd layout, etc.

Last month I went to view a condominium project that just obtained its TOP. Half of the units have fantastic unblocked seaview. The units facing the sea are asking for a premium price.

However, when you open the double glazed windows in the balcony, you are immediately turned off by the noise coming from the heavy traffic of the highway. Unless the windows are closed all the time, I can imagine how the residents are disturbed by the Noise Sha (声煞), causing troubles like restless days, hot tempers, sleepless nights and poor health.

I used to own a unit in a condominium with building blocks much higher in height than the surrounding projects. It has unblocked view. I thought it is bright and windy with very good fengshui.

But the problem is that it faces strong winds from all directions. Very often the wind is so strong that the doors keep slamming if they are not closed properly. If the wind is too strong, all Qi will be dispersed and good fortune cannot be kept. The situation is similar to the only house built on top of a hill. The problem in fengshui is called Wind Sha (风煞).

There are also other Sha Qi that should best be avoided. For instance, the Heaven’s Kill Sha (天斩煞), Scissors Sha (剪刀煞), Wall Blade Sha (壁刀煞), Flame Sha (火形煞), Reflection Sha (反光煞) and Roof Ridge Sha (屋脊煞).

All these Sha Qi can easily be identified if home buyers have the knowledge and keep practicing it by observations.

Afterall, many principles of fengshui are just common sense. However, to many people, common sense is not common.

Learning how to pick the best unit is more an art than science. If you want to know more about how to find a good fengshui condo/house, how to choose the best block/unit in a project, and how to read floor plans, join us at the How to Buy Good Quality Properties one-day workshop this Sunday.

So Sad. Hope the boy rest in peace.

Hope this doesn't sound callous, but I think if you believe in spirits, then it is a given that the boy will not rest in peace. Murdered by your own father in your sleep, the very fabric of the universe would be disturbed by this.

Only question is whether the spirit haunt the bedroom, the flat, the floor, the stack, the block, the entire dleedon, the whole farrer road, all of district 10?

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
    Only question is whether the spirit haunt the bedroom, the flat, the floor, the stack, the block, the entire dleedon, the whole farrer road, all of district 10?
    All of district 10 definitely. Haha.

all of singapore

Hi all, I am new to this thread and forum. Basically I have shortlisted D'Leedon as the property to buy since a few years ago but am still waiting to go in due to timing and ABSD (I currently own a HDB flat). I am targetting to go into the market end of this year and early next year. If ABSD is not removed by then, I might resort to HDB decoupling which I have already enquired with HDB and I am eligible for it.

My budget is around $1.7-$1.9mm for a 2+1 or 3 bedroom unit, ideally situated in Blocks 9, 11 or 13. Does anyone know if this is reasonable? I have always been keeping a tab on the listings on PropertyGuru and it seems my expectations can be met. Would like to hear any views and advice from you guys out there.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer888 View Post
    Hi all, I am new to this thread and forum. Basically I have shortlisted D'Leedon as the property to buy since a few years ago but am still waiting to go in due to timing and ABSD (I currently own a HDB flat). I am targetting to go into the market end of this year and early next year. If ABSD is not removed by then, I might resort to HDB decoupling which I have already enquired with HDB and I am eligible for it.

My budget is around $1.7-$1.9mm for a 2+1 or 3 bedroom unit, ideally situated in Blocks 9, 11 or 13. Does anyone know if this is reasonable? I have always been keeping a tab on the listings on PropertyGuru and it seems my expectations can be met. Would like to hear any views and advice from you guys out there.

Thanks!
    Any reason why 9,11,13? Is it due to proximity to NYPS? These few blocks' finishing is rather average tbh. But these couple of blocks are also nearest to the side gate leading to the mrt, market. A plus point for lazy people like me.

Unless you dun mind road noise, I would suggest you go for those units that face north, i.e. Bukit timah. If you like city view, then try to find units above 30th floor.

However with that kind of budget, you can also consider freehold condos along Bukit timah for example. Personally, I have looked at it seriously during its initial launch, during the time when they were selling at $1,250 psf for selected units and after it TOP. Every time, I walked away feeling it's just not worth it. The sheer number of units also did not appeal to me. So why do I keep going back to assess it? The facilities, fantastic views and design.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer888 View Post

Thanks!

what is your reasons for choosing D Leedon?

1700 ish units ... no matter how many pools, car park lots , bbq pits etc also no use ...

There are many reasons i wont consider it :

. too many units
    . not all are within 1km of NYPS
    . cheaper ones face Farrer rd = noisy + dusty
    . those facing inside = expensive, more exp than FH ones nearby that are within 1km of NYPS
    . should one decides to lease out, too many competing units
    . if one drives, during peak hrs, very difficult to turn out to Farrer rd, alternative rd is long

with 1.9mil budget ... and if NYPS is not the reason, you have so many other choices... FH also have ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    what is your reasons for choosing D Leedon?

1700 ish units ... no matter how many pools, car park lots , bbq pits etc also no use ...

There are many reasons i wont consider it :

. too many units
    . not all are within 1km of NYPS
    . cheaper ones face Farrer rd = noisy + dusty
    . those facing inside = expensive, more exp than FH ones nearby that are within 1km of NYPS
    . should one decides to lease out, too many competing units
    . if one drives, during peak hrs, very difficult to turn out to Farrer rd, alternative rd is long

with 1.9mil budget ... and if NYPS is not the reason, you have so many other choices... FH also have ...
    Agree with you Proud Owner. However, recently I tried to pretend to be a tenant and check out some of the units, it is actually not that easy to find good units to rent even though there are 1,700 units (though there are a few left unsold so maybe closer to 1,500-1600 units). Maybe most were rented out immediately after TOP so supply is now lower.

I went on a weekday late afternoon and also weekend as a friend stays there. The pools are certainly more crowded during the weekend but not too bad actually. You still can swim across the long lap pool without bumping into each other. I think they have a shuttle bus for the rsidents to Orchard MRT and I believe there is sufficient demand to keep it running. But having said that, I still feel it's a little over priced as there are numerous good buys in Bukit Timah, River Valley area.

Hi HP65 and proud owner, really appreciate your kind advice and comments.

The main reason why I chose D'Leedon is due to its proximity to NYPS and other schools in the area. I have applied for NYK as well (pending results in May this year) so if my kid gets in, it will make more sense buying D'Leedon. We prefer units within Blk 9, 11 and 13 as my wife and I don't drive. So staying near to the mrt station will be of more convenience. Having said that, if the pricing in other blks are more competitive, we will likely to consider those units as well.

We are buying for own stay as we currently own a HDB flat and the plan is to rent out the HDB flat (HDB flats have better rental yield vs condos). And we like the overall feel of the condo with all its facilities and furthermore it is a new condo. I understand that my budget can probably get a unit which is much cheaper within the area but most of them are fairly old? I have even considered Pollen & Bleu which is opposite D'Leedon but that's even pricier. Was quite attracted to its loft units initially.

In any case, which development do you guys recommend that is within the area (may or may not be within 1km of NYPS)? I am happy to listen to opinions and suggestions

Thanks guys!