Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: D18 Tampines Condo Plot by The Waterfront (Waterview)

Quote Originally Posted by hycondo
    Looking at the development of the showflat. Looks like a double storey structure. Temporary fencing is also in progress. All getting ready to launch their project soon.
    yes yes, it seems they want to launch it before 农历七月。
    I managed to take some photos by my iPhone. Let me find a way to upload here.

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    yes yes, it seems they want to launch it before 农历七月。
    I managed to take some photos by my iPhone. Let me find a way to upload here.
    Hello,
    Any chances if you have upload your photos? The surrounding roadworks seems near completion and the plot of land has been fence up. Not sure exactly how is the progress of the showflat.
    Are you able to capture from your "highground"?

Hello,
    Any chances if you have upload your photos? The surrounding roadworks seems near completion and the plot of land has been fence up. Not sure exactly how is the progress of the showflat.
    Are you able to capture from your "highground"?
    sorry sorry i didn't notice this at all, as the forum notification seems not work well recently.

My place facing east-south, so I can't see the inside progress from home.

OKKO, can you please help to update us? I guess you are the best person to do this good job.

Default Showflat in progress

i noticed the showflat is in good progress, can see the layout more or less - it seems will have a big balcony which I don't mind, and the window is straight type - hopefully no bay windows!

I guess they will target to complete the showflat by Mid Sept.

my guess 900psf

Wonder if they will advertise 'walking distance to mrt'.

Seems like this plot will not have any mrt within walking distance.

Well, if owners willing to walk the entire stretch of Ave 1, then its 'walking distance' to Tampines West station.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Seems like this plot will not have any mrt within walking distance.

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Well, if owners willing to walk the entire stretch of Ave 1, then its 'walking distance' to Tampines West station.
    It is only about 1 km in distance. Probably 10 mins walk.
    No tunnelling below the building or nearby, should be glad.

Well, there are a lot of people who thinks walking more than 300m to get to mrt is already too much.

Most local are spoilt.

- From air-conditioned (A/C) home to A/C bus to A/C bus terminal to A/C bus to A/C office.
    - From A/C home to A/C car to A/C office

300m w/o air-conditioned is tough. Maybe should hve travellator footpath besides the sheltered footpath.

ai yoh, so many bus to go to that tampines west station, 8/15/23/518/69(TP side), any bus can go, 10 mins walk or 5 mins bus, all ok lah.

the problem is psf - how much is reasonable? if they sell sky high like waterfront gold at 1000+psf, will you buy?

or a lot of 1 beder, 2 bedder, small size for 3/4 bedder, are you still keen?

I think there will still be takers by investors who are still thinking of targeting the United World College students or teachers.

ai yoh, so many bus to go to that tampines west station, 8/15/23/518/69(TP side), any bus can go, 10 mins walk or 5 mins bus, all ok lah.

the problem is psf - how much is reasonable? if they sell sky high like waterfront gold at 1000+psf, will you buy?

or a lot of 1 beder, 2 bedder, small size for 3/4 bedder, are you still keen?

bingo. a 3br was justed rented to a uwc lecturer at 3.5k.

rent went up 10% in 2 months, and uwc just started 10% operation with 150 students this month.

come august 2011, 1500 students, and few hundred uwc staff on corporate lease. nyuk nyuk nyuk.

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    I think there will still be takers by investors who are still thinking of targeting the United World College students or teachers.

Just curious as i pass by this area quite a bit.

Any idea whether the quarry park is to remain there for the forseeable future? As well as what are the URA's intention for the land use east of this plot of land. I see some roads being constructed but still not for use.

I am betting that the quarry park will go since the garmen has already dedicated an island for storing construction resources.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824

Any idea whether the quarry park is to remain there for the forseeable future? As well as what are the URA's intention for the land use east of this plot of land. I see some roads being constructed but still not for use.

it is gazetted to be developed into a recreational park under national park's masterplan.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pwbid/documents/pwrcmerge.pdf

http://www.ps21.gov.sg/challenge/200...y/getting.html

Last edited by McKinnon; 24-08-10 at 09:34.

Thanks Mckinnon,
    Hopefully the developer can capitalise on this fact, allowing all the units either a view of the reservoir or the quarry park, or even better both as the waterviews of the 2 are quite a contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    it is gazetted to be developed into a recreational park under national park's masterplan.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pwbid/documents/pwrcmerge.pdf

http://www.ps21.gov.sg/challenge/200...y/getting.html

quarry view will get direct afternoon sun like the reservoir facing condos along bedok reservoir road. too glaring for me.

i'd be interested in a small unit that faces the waterfront collection though.

2824 is an ETA automatic movement, are you interested in watches?

Thanks Mckinnon,
    Hopefully the developer can capitalise on this fact, allowing all the units either a view of the reservoir or the quarry park, or even better both as the waterviews of the 2 are quite a contrast.

no not into watches

quarry view will get direct afternoon sun like the reservoir facing condos along bedok reservoir road. too glaring for me.

isn't that Tropica 2-beddr will fetch higher yield since it is cheaper but probably will fetch almost the same rental as its neighbor?

tropica 2brs all face blk 51, if waterview 2brs face reservoir then different rent.

and now tropica 2brs shouting for so high! 738k, 770k, 790k!

Quote Originally Posted by okko
    isn't that Tropica 2-beddr will fetch higher yield since it is cheaper but probably will fetch almost the same rental as its neighbor?

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    I am betting that the quarry park will go since the garmen has already dedicated an island for storing construction resources.
    The parcel of land diagonally across the "Waterfront View -SimLian dev" is undergoing construction. Likely doing up for the park?

Think Sim Lian will build lots of 1 & 2 bedders for this development. Small unit is the new norm, we need to accept.

Nice view! don't mind to buy one if the price is reasonable

However, 1 & 2 bedders may not be suitable in this project as it's more for nature lover, for family stay, for ppl who is driving... no MRT nearby, how to rent to FT?
    Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    Think Sim Lian will build lots of 1 & 2 bedders for this development. Small unit is the new norm, we need to accept.

with 600+ units 1 doubt the 1 and 2 bedders will be afforded this view, unless there is a common viewing deck like waterfront gold.

with 600+ units 1 doubt the 1 and 2 bedders will be afforded this view, unless there is a common viewing deck like waterfront gold.
    haha as usual, this kind of view only belong to 4 bedder or 3+study, 1 and 2 surely face "greenary" lah. actually as long as the total quantum is affortable, do you think those ppl care about the view? they only want rental nia...

Saw an ads put up in propertyguru by Orangetee agent selling a 2 bedded unit at $860 psf. First ads for waterfront view. Looks like 3 bedder wil be lower.

Saw an ads put up in propertyguru by Orangetee agent selling a 2 bedded unit at $860 psf. First ads for waterfront view. Looks like 3 bedder wil be lower.
    860psf - that's NV price leh. what's the selling point? no MRT, for rental to international school parents, i guess ang moh prefer life style and bigger unit?

860psf - that's NV price leh. what's the selling point? no MRT, for rental to international school parents, i guess ang moh prefer life style and bigger unit?
    Oh actually I was pleasantly surprised that the price is not on the high side. Land in between two lakes, very rare and beautiful view in Singapore. Don't mind buying for own stay.

But for investment purpose, I am thinking with the same price, is it more worthy buying a studio in downtown area rather than getting 2-room unit next door? any opinion?