Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144
Results 2,861 to 2,879 of 2879

Thread: The Estuary

  1. #2861

    Default WHEN ARE WE FORMING OUR MCST ?

    Hi Estuarians
    恭喜發財 万事如意!

    We are very close to the handling & taking-over of the whole condo - THE ESTUARY from the developer. Just wonder, when are we having our condo's 1st Annual General Meeting or MCST must be formed first before the AGM ?

    Do you think we should continue to hire this current mgt, Property Facility Services P/L to run the daily operation for our condo in future once the MCST is formed ?

  2. #2862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
    Hi Esturian, my wife and my mobile lines are under Singtel and we encounter a lot of drop calls. You experience it?
    Yes, same experience with our singtel mobile lines.

  3. #2863
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,739

    Default

    for investor owners I would strongly urge you to personnally check thoroughly for defects and not solely rely on agents and check with the management on common problems which need to be rectified. some defects the contractor can respond to me if water not turned on they will not know there is a problem

  4. #2864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laomai View Post
    I like this condo too. The swimming pool and clubhouse areas are nicely laid out. Nice greenery too. I am not just complaining but am actively looking for solutions to make estuary an even better place. That way we can enjoy estuary even more.

    I never meant to write to lta and nea because I know the problem cannot be resolved by therm. I did it because I want the management office to take ownership of the issue. I have proposed multiple ways to address the issues. From day 1, they have been pushing away their responsibilities. Should we as residents simply accept this?

    In any case, I have concluded that the noise issue is perculiar to my stack due to the design. I have been to my neighbours unit and it's no where as bad. I just want to be able to do something about it. And in a consultative way that residents will agree to. Some people have done things on their own accord. That's not something I want to do. At least not yet. Because I want to stay here and call estuary my home.

    From the responses I get, I guess there's no point in me raising any more issues. Let's just live and let live.
    I truly agree. There's no perfect location/development. It all boils down to your expectations. Everything has it's pro & cons, Up & down. Same goes to a development. There's always 2 sides to a coin. That's Life.

    We got to appreciate & treasure what we have. While we are complaining the noise from the roads, remember, there are some homeless people who sleeps by the road everyday.

    I love Estuary. It's a beautiful development in a great location surrounded by great amenities. Hardly you can find a condo development that's right beside a reservoir, stadium.

    If we form our committee, really wish there can be 1 more side gate that can be build near the stadium, these way cyclist & those who want to go to 848, Seng Siong don't need to walk 1 big round.

  5. #2865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerrycoaching View Post
    I truly agree. There's no perfect location/development. It all boils down to your expectations. Everything has it's pro & cons, Up & down. Same goes to a development. There's always 2 sides to a coin. That's Life.

    We got to appreciate & treasure what we have. While we are complaining the noise from the roads, remember, there are some homeless people who sleeps by the road everyday.

    I love Estuary. It's a beautiful development in a great location surrounded by great amenities. Hardly you can find a condo development that's right beside a reservoir, stadium.

    If we form our committee, really wish there can be 1 more side gate that can be build near the stadium, these way cyclist & those who want to go to 848, Seng Siong don't need to walk 1 big round.
    To me, noise from the roads is part n parcel of life!
    I always look at the positive side of this condo development. Short walking distance to khatib MRT station...near to many supermarkets...foodcourts...which makes this ESTUARY condo a hidden 'gem' in Yishun area as compare to other condo developments nearby...

  6. #2866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ESTUARY GUNDU View Post
    To me, noise from the roads is part n parcel of life!
    I always look at the positive side of this condo development. Short walking distance to khatib MRT station...near to many supermarkets...foodcourts...which makes this ESTUARY condo a hidden 'gem' in Yishun area as compare to other condo developments nearby...
    I fully support the add on of side gate near the exercises area so that residents n cyclists can SAFELY n easily access to the nearby supermkts n foodcourts via it without going thro' the main gate...

  7. #2867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ESTUARY GUNDU View Post
    To me, noise from the roads is part n parcel of life!
    I always look at the positive side of this condo development. Short walking distance to khatib MRT station...near to many supermarkets...foodcourts...which makes this ESTUARY condo a hidden 'gem' in Yishun area as compare to other condo developments nearby...
    By the time u walk to Khatib MRT, my car already reached Lentor/SLE.

  8. #2868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forever_yours View Post
    By the time u walk to Khatib MRT, my car already reached Lentor/SLE.
    who knows...half way reaching Lentor/SLE...your car's tyre ganna punture...then by the time u reached Lentor/SLE....I've aready inside MRT coming back home from my work

  9. #2869
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    1.2KM is walking distance? I will need 20 mins. Old people need 30 mins.

    By your logic, all houses in Singapore are within "walking" distance liao.




    Quote Originally Posted by ESTUARY GUNDU View Post
    To me, noise from the roads is part n parcel of life!
    I always look at the positive side of this condo development. Short walking distance to khatib MRT station...near to many supermarkets...foodcourts...which makes this ESTUARY condo a hidden 'gem' in Yishun area as compare to other condo developments nearby...

  10. #2870
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    1.2KM is walking distance? I will need 20 mins. Old people need 30 mins.

    By your logic, all houses in Singapore are within "walking" distance liao.
    To Khatib MRT is only 650m according to propertyguru. Where is the 1.2km calculated from?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

    Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

  11. #2871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    1.2KM is walking distance? I will need 20 mins. Old people need 30 mins.

    By your logic, all houses in Singapore are within "walking" distance liao.
    Hey Bro/Sis
    Did I mentioned "short walking distance' is 1.2km
    Anyway, where can u find such condo within short walking distance to mrt station in Yishun area?
    I love this condo....

  12. #2872

    Default

    Relaxing Sunday evening with The Estuary.


  13. #2873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    Relaxing Sunday evening with The Estuary.

    Yes...such blissful with THE ESTUARY condo ! Thank God...the GEM of Yishun!
    The noises from the road & mrt after all, is not really that noisy! It's really a matter of getting use to it...on saturday evening & sunday morning the vehicles are lesser hence not so nosiy...but ocassionally the siren of ambulance...but it's alright!
    Last edited by ESTUARY GUNDU; 8th June 2014 at 10:52 PM.

  14. #2874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    To Khatib MRT is only 650m according to propertyguru. Where is the 1.2km calculated from?
    MRT distance is nothing compared to the irritating road noise, especially from
    the heavy construction vehicles and speeding cars and bikes. Virtually you can
    hear non stop of these construction lorries and motorbikes start to accelerate after starting off from the main junction.
    Not good for the mind and heart, you basically, always can anticipate the next sound
    of speeding vehicles.

  15. #2875

    Default Floor defect

    Hi it's my first time to post here because I don't know anywhere else to ask.

    Earlier this week I noticed severe floor defect in my living room. The whole thing came up (see attached picture).

    I looked for some contractors and they said it can collapse anytime.

    I wonder any neighbours are having the same problem? It can't be just me who's so unlucky right? Any way I can make a complaint or something? It's only been 4 years...!

    Thanks a lot in advance for any sharings/advices, thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  16. #2876
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,749

    Default

    Four years is after defects liability period - nobody will be able to receive or respond to the complaint. Need to re-lay the tiles - major construction. It won't collapse but the tiles may all pop up.



    Quote Originally Posted by whitejasmine View Post
    Hi it's my first time to post here because I don't know anywhere else to ask.

    Earlier this week I noticed severe floor defect in my living room. The whole thing came up (see attached picture).

    I looked for some contractors and they said it can collapse anytime.

    I wonder any neighbours are having the same problem? It can't be just me who's so unlucky right? Any way I can make a complaint or something? It's only been 4 years...!

    Thanks a lot in advance for any sharings/advices, thanks!
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

    Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

  17. #2877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitejasmine View Post
    Hi it's my first time to post here because I don't know anywhere else to ask.

    Earlier this week I noticed severe floor defect in my living room. The whole thing came up (see attached picture).

    I looked for some contractors and they said it can collapse anytime.

    I wonder any neighbours are having the same problem? It can't be just me who's so unlucky right? Any way I can make a complaint or something? It's only been 4 years...!

    Thanks a lot in advance for any sharings/advices, thanks!
    Hi Whitejasmie, it doesn't look like it will collapse. Go to this HDB webpage, it does explain what happened. With this knowledge you can get a reliable contractor. http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/res...floor-finishes
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?


  18. #2878

    Default

    Actually tiles popping is quite common with HDB flats. Usually cases increase when a change in weather, like the recent cooler weather. One of my friend's living room tiles popped at night early this year when night time temperatures dropped to 22c for a few days.

  19. #2879
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    Not only with HDB flats. It applies to all houses, all units. But collapse is bullshit. Tiles are like the wallpaper on walls. They serve no purpose except to make it nicer. The real foundation is the metal and cement below the tiles. This one also a bit common sense right? The tile is so thin. You expect it to hold up a unit?

    Anyway, unfortunately you have to re-tile. It is very common and like what Kelonguni has said, once the defect period ends (1 year), there is no recourse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •