Page 15 of 97 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202530354045 ... LastLast

Thread: The Estuary

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i dont have any property in NY ..

go read the post with your small eyes ...

i merely question which is a better buy ..

buy one yishun 99 yr project only talk so much

case close ..not wasting time with people who dont read carefully and TTSS

Well, I heard someone loud and clear saying not wasting time replying.
    I guess he must be damn sore and jealous. Everything to him is cheap. Wonder why he is here 24hrs monitoring people's comment. If here is too cheap for you then why you still come?

I wonder where's his integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo2010
    Well, I heard someone loud and clear saying not wasting time replying.
    I guess he must be damn sore and jealous. Everything to him is cheap. Wonder why he is here 24hrs monitoring people's comment. If here is too cheap for you then why you still come?

I wonder where's his integrity.
    he has been in a member for some time ..while someone who joined in jan 2010 and used word like CRAP on others.. no respect for the forum

he enjoys reading posts, reviewing and contributing some alternative views .. and NOT criticise other, unless being attacked first ..

he has given some good advice, and has accepted some good advice as well .. from this forum .. a place for exchange of views/opinions..

NOT FOR CRITICISING OTHERS with strong words .. unless again, being attacked first

Go read the post again you biggest joker....

who told you I just buy one project (Estuary) in Yishun....Im owning shaughnessy as well....how big your eyes can be? Probably your mouth bigger I guess...lol

And what gives you have the right to look down on people who bought Estuary? Go get some education pls.

just my personal view,

it is not advisable to put all your eggs in the same basket .. as in this case, 2 properties in Yishun...especially when it is not a prime location..

unless there are concrete plans to further develope the estate which only you ..which would spark further demand

he has been in a member for some time ..while someone who joined in jan 2010 and used word like CRAP on others.. no respect for the forum

he enjoys reading posts, reviewing and contributing some alternative views .. and NOT criticise other, unless being attacked first ..

he has given some good advice, and has accepted some good advice as well .. from this forum .. a place for exchange of views/opinions..

NOT FOR CRITICISING OTHERS with strong words .. unless again, being attacked first
    haha, talk about respect, you'll still have a long way to go.
    so which means that any "senior citizen" like you are qualify enough to criticize people's properties to be cheapskate?

So now i finally understand your definition of respect.

Phase 2 launch started already, wonder how is the crowd over there.
    Anybody went?

haha, talk about respect, you'll still have a long way to go.
    so which means that any "senior citizen" like you are qualify enough to criticize people's properties to be cheapskate?

So now i finally understand your definition of respect.

once again ..open your eyes and read ...

'ONLY WHEN ATTACKED FIRST '

who started this whole thingy .. ? calling people CRAP ...

once again ..open your eyes and read ...

'ONLY WHEN ATTACKED FIRST '

who started this whole thingy .. ? calling people CRAP ...
    I think the mkt is hotting again. Haha. Ple can get so defensive over just a harmless post in the Internet over an outlying studio/1 bedder. It's a reflection that regular folks are jumping into the ppty wagon thus the emotions r running high. If advice not appreciated, let's move on like u have told me before.
    After any gain or loss is there's. I just hope next gen singaporeans doesn't suffer from this gen excessiveness.

At least I think this will not be like optima, people Q overnight and sold out within the weekend.

But response is very good, considering the "Yishun" location and the all time high price for this area. Many would consider the reservoir view "priceless" as not many other projects can have this kind of vista...water and greenery, buildings are just small specks on the horizon.

Even for the west facing 1 bedders, the view is unblocked all the way to bukit timah hill.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    At least I think this will not be like optima, people Q overnight and sold out within the weekend.

But response is very good, considering the "Yishun" location and the all time high price for this area. Many would consider the reservoir view "priceless" as not many other projects can have this kind of vista...water and greenery, buildings are just small specks on the horizon.

Even for the west facing 1 bedders, the view is unblocked all the way to bukit timah hill.
    Understand many potential buyers are waiting for Stack 8 which apparently is the best stack for the development. Does anybody know when will this stack be opened for sale and pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    Understand many potential buyers are waiting for Stack 8 which apparently is the best stack for the development. Does anybody know when will this stack be opened for sale and pricing?
    Yes, Many buyers are waiting for stack 8 to open for sale

but prices should be much higher then the rest.

It will be released normally after majority of choice

units after being Sold.

Cant compare Tanah Merah and Yishun.
    See bukit timah hill ? even my east coast home, can see bukit timah hill

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    Cant compare Tanah Merah and Yishun.
    See bukit timah hill ? even my east coast home, can see bukit timah hill
    East coast can see bukit timah hill?? I don't believe, pls post photos taken from ur unit.

From demand side, there are also retirees looking for a waterfront peaceful life, away from crowd. Given that Lakeshore/WFW/WFK lakeview units are more than 950psf and upper east Coast's seaview is 1200psf ... paying 800psf seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    East coast can see bukit timah hill?? I don't believe, pls post photos taken from ur unit.
    very misty day.. attached pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The difference in the view from Estuary is that it is greenery all the way to bukit timah hill, only trees, no buildings.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR0xcbhmOHQ

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    very misty day.. attached pic.
    somehow reminded me of the pedra branca photo on paper last time

The difference in the view from Estuary is that it is greenery all the way to bukit timah hill, only trees, no buildings.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR0xcbhmOHQ
    Lol, totally agree with you.

I agree with you because right now those who purchase this project are those who stays in Yishun mainly. They are genuine buyers who love and are familiar with Yishun area.

I don't think developer would want to select Yishun area to start another project (within these few years) after Estuary because the demand will not be there anymore. Developer will be digging its own grave unless it was priced damn low, provided the developer must buy the land cheap as well la. But if you are talking about kovan melody and kovan residence, the context is different as they are both super near to heartland mall and mrt station and easy access to Orchard. Though they are built side by side, the demand is still there and will attract buyers from any where. Just my 2 cents coz I stayed and sold off Kovan Melody before.
    Hi.. since you are not aware of future developments in Yishun, let me try to share these info with you so that you will consider carefully if you want to exercise the option and seal the deal (seal the fate - good or bad ).

Land available for sales in Yishun.. been there for some time and not sold off... so you are probably right to say that developers will not bid for them. Even if they bid, they will be as stated "priced damn low". If so, what will happen to your investments?

1. Yishun Condo (Available for application now)

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10330p....c?OpenDocument
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2009/pr09-76a17.pdf

2. Yishun Executive Condo (Confirmed list, available in Jan 2010 but no news yet) http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2009/pr09-76.html)

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10330p....3?OpenDocument
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2009/pr09-76a2.pdf

3. Yishun low rise condo, just beside your beloved shaugnessy... (available in May 2010)

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p..../Yshun+S5a.jpg
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2009/pr09-76a23.pdf

4. Sembawang Shopping Centre area (Strata Landed or condo or flats - available in Apr 2010..) This is a much much better location as compared to Shaugnessy if not for the reserviour view. If you have reserviour or golf course view, happy for you.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10330p....a?OpenDocument

5. Mystery land parcels if government throw up more land for sales... beware.

Kovan Melody near MRT, and you must have sold at a profit.. but why Shaugnessy? Not near MRT at all..

The reserviour view comes with a premium... but as with all heartlander purchase, risk of loan default is extremely high and fire sales may appear from time to time... I've been to the show room and it is not impressive to me at all.. I wish you luck.

you are right. but let's not talk down the development. the success on this development will benefit most of the forumers.. (whether you invest in Yishun or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Hi.. since you are not aware of future developments in Yishun, let me try to share these info with you so that you will consider carefully if you want to exercise the option and seal the deal (seal the fate - good or bad ).

Land available for sales in Yishun.. been there for some time and not sold off... so you are probably right to say that developers will not bid for them. Even if they bid, they will be as stated "priced damn low". If so, what will happen to your investments?

1. Yishun Condo (Available for application now)

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10330p....c?OpenDocument
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2009/pr09-76a17.pdf

2. Yishun Executive Condo (Confirmed list, available in Jan 2010 but no news yet) http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2009/pr09-76.html)

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10330p....3?OpenDocument
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2009/pr09-76a2.pdf

3. Yishun low rise condo, just beside your beloved shaugnessy... (available in May 2010)

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p..../Yshun+S5a.jpg
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2009/pr09-76a23.pdf

4. Sembawang Shopping Centre area (Strata Landed or condo or flats - available in Apr 2010..) This is a much much better location as compared to Shaugnessy if not for the reserviour view. If you have reserviour or golf course view, happy for you.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10330p....a?OpenDocument

5. Mystery land parcels if government throw up more land for sales... beware.

Kovan Melody near MRT, and you must have sold at a profit.. but why Shaugnessy? Not near MRT at all..

The reserviour view comes with a premium... but as with all heartlander purchase, risk of loan default is extremely high and fire sales may appear from time to time... I've been to the show room and it is not impressive to me at all.. I wish you luck.

No worries... the reserviour view is priceless....

If buying for self stay... it is worth a serious thought... good or bad in terms of pricing, nobody would know for certain and things are beyond our control anyway. If it fits most of the buyer's requirements, buy one and live in it happily ever after. Don't sell if it is at a low... only sell if there's profit to make.

My negative statement on this project is only my views as it failed to impress me but you are right, I should not talk down on this project or give the impression. Yishun is really up and coming and that is why there are alot of new projects in Yishun. It is likely to be the next Tampinees I would say, just how many years more to go...

Beauty in the eyes of beholder, I once had a friend who criticised a unknown couple in the park, after some drinks, on his choice of girlfriend being too ugly (House in this context),... the guy (Buyer) is ok but the girl (Developer/Agent) got an issue with him... so I shall not comment/criticise too much. Make your choice.... cheers.

personally i like this development quite a lot - excellent place for me to 'retire' in. but pictures vs reality is grossly different and i might relook this at TOP. let others take the economic and contruction outcome risks.

the only issue i have is that most heartland condos have this terrible habit of hanging laundry on balconies cheapnening the facade of many - hope things change

i will be watching this one closely

Some condos dont hang laundry already look jialat (e.g. Hillington Green with the rear of every unit facing outside exposing the ugly aircon ledges, laundry area, kitchen etc etc)

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    personally i like this development quite a lot - excellent place for me to 'retire' in. but pictures vs reality is grossly different and i might relook this at TOP. let others take the economic and contruction outcome risks.

the only issue i have is that most heartland condos have this terrible habit of hanging laundry on balconies cheapnening the facade of many - hope things change

just came back from the showflat. wow, no brochure one. only got some photocopies of the floor plan. so many agents. so many people.
    rooms are small, ID had to put bed on the baywindow to create the illusion of space.
    living/dining rm for the 4bd is quite decent. huge balcony. really huge.
    4bd selling very well. the price is just marginally higher than 3bd. Almost all released 4bd are sold. Left last stack 37 unreleased.
    The crowd is clearly hdb upgraders. lots of hokkien talking so quite fun talking to them .

I think this project is a success. Price point is right. The most expensive 4bd is barely over 1.0M. Very affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo

ditto for reservoir view.. but u shld see the floorplan ~

biggest 4-bedder is 1528 sft & the bedrooms are damn small... i wont say is dishonest, but really man.......

dont know why now mass mkt condos (e.g. trevista another one) the bedrooms are so *^#@

I don't think one should blindly buy "prime" locations all the time, as promoted by developers or experts. I suspect prices between prime and suburbs will start to converge instead of diverge further - this means you get greater bang for your buck if you invest in the suburbs. In fact, in 2009, the mass market is the "star performer" - those who take a contrarian view got rewarded more.

Must be nimble. There is a worrying trend that prime condos are now all tiny mickey mouse units - which means buyers are investors with shallow pockets and real owner occupiers are no longer interested. In last Sunday's papers, the deveopers all admitted to the fact that had they built 3 bedders and 4 bedders in the prime districts, they would not be able to sell today - which is why most developments have gone downmarket to build mickey mouse hotel room type units. It means real demand is no longer there. Downside risk is real when units can't get any smaller. Whereas in the suburbs, the good size units - 3 and 4 bedders are still seeing good buying activity.

just my personal view,

it is not advisable to put all your eggs in the same basket .. as in this case, 2 properties in Yishun...especially when it is not a prime location..

unless there are concrete plans to further develope the estate which only you ..which would spark further demand

Reporting nearly live from showflat ...
    Oops .. hope I am not stealing reporter's work ...

Selling like some hot cakes man ..
    MCL certainly learnt good lessons along the way ..
    The launching now is nearly stack by stack and cheques collection before stack is launch so as to create the momentum ..

Prices is also inching up ... I think developer trying to hit $800++ overall ...

I saw all the bickering ... more aggressive than the showflat leh ..

One point I MUST correct ... Developer's strategy is not to project the value of the land ... they buy land, quickly get approval and launch it ... So they dont really care abt the value of the land as long as they know there will be buyers ... if they buy the land at $100 psf ... and can sell $500 psf ... they dont care if next door used to sell $1,000 psf and now market can only absorb $500 psf ...

Remember, developer is not here to protect the value of your condo ... they are just answerable to themselves (or their families, if it is a family business).

And trust me .. do drive around Yishun and do some market research ... there is really ALOT ALOT ALOT of land idling around in Yishun ... no shortages of supply ... these land can either come up as private of HDB .. but given a choice ... the government will of course want to sell them as private ...

From my personal opinion, pls dont kill or flame me, buying 2-3 units @ Yishun as investment is certainly an inferior strategy. You rather own something in more investiable areas.

DKSG

I suspect some who bought a few units in Yishun are mainly to be near family etc and not solely for investment. But still best to diversify even if you take the "invest in undervalued suburbs" strategy. So far, my diversifed suburban portfolio has performed very well last year - better than prime on a ROE perspective. I expect the prices to converge more to prime condos. Just like Hong Kong has taken the step to control "luxury prices" in their policies to prevent speculation from China investors, Singapore is likely to take the same approach to ensure asset values are more equitable and fairly distributed across the small island.

The noise, is it going to kill? Any opinion...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I thought our Govt's stand is the other way round (vs HK)? I remember they said the rich can take care of themselves, so banks' personal loans and credit card limit etc to the rich are not restricted to 2x their income vs the normal average people. The same is true for many other policies (e.g. $100 to get entry to Casino etc, the rich won't feel a pinch for the $100 but not the average people. Also, if you accredited investor, you can invest in anything but the law will not protect you if you lose your trousers). If mass market properties and HDBs are to be over-priced much above the average income of general population, that is genuine bubble and they said they will be very concerned. If the prime & luxury properties are catered to the rich, then definitely they will be much much over-priced vs average income of general population, what bubble is there to the rich and the economy as a whole?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I suspect some who bought a few units in Yishun are mainly to be near family etc and not solely for investment. But still best to diversify even if you take the "invest in undervalued suburbs" strategy. So far, my diversifed suburban portfolio has performed very well last year - better than prime on a ROE perspective. I expect the prices to converge more to prime condos. Just like Hong Kong has taken the step to control "luxury prices" in their policies to prevent speculation from China investors, Singapore is likely to take the same approach to ensure asset values are more equitable and fairly distributed across the small island.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I thought our Govt's stand is the other way round (vs HK)? I remember they said the rich can take care of themselves, so banks' personal loans and credit card limit etc to the rich are not restricted to 2x their income vs the normal average people. The same is true for many other policies (e.g. $100 to get entry to Casino etc, the rich won't feel a pinch for the $100 but not the average people. Also, if you accredited investor, you can invest in anything but the law will not protect you if you lose your trousers). If mass market properties and HDBs are to be over-priced much above the average income of general population, that is genuine bubble and they said they will be very concerned. If the prime & luxury properties are catered to the rich, then definitely they will be much much over-priced vs average income of general population, what bubble is there to the rich and the economy as a whole?
    The government will try to push up HDB prices such that those who bought HDB during 1996's peak using their CPF at least hit the 2.5% return per year.

HDB resale index at 1996's peak was 137. If you use a compound interest calcular to calculate based 2.5% return per year, it should be at 190 today. The fact is HDB resale index is still at 15X after 14y, way below the CPF OA return. If this continues, lots of people will not be able to retire most people's retirement fund is tied up with property.

If HDB price not moving up, mass market condo price will not move up. Those who invested in mass market condo in 1996/1999-2001 will still has worse return than CPF OA.

Read between the lines:

Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew: 'I was on an SIA flight coming home and the air hostess who was serving me, I saw she had a wedding ring, so I said, 'Any children?' She said, 'Not yet.' I said, 'What are you waiting for?' She said, 'For my flat.' So I said, 'Have you got one?' She said, 'Yes, I've got one at Pinnacle@Duxton, on the 48th floor. And I got it on the first booking.' (That's) when the price was lowest. So I said, 'Well, remember that when voting comes.' '

"As Singaporeans lament about rising flat prices, he said they ought to understand the Government sells them at a subsidised price, below market rate, so that they can own an asset that will appreciate in value over the years. It adds to their wealth and this is asset-enhancing policy Mr Lee believes citizens should not find fault with. If they do, they must be 'daft',

And this time, I believe HDB will manage it such that HDB resale price hit a peak at 190 Mass market condos will be around 1000psf by then.
    Last edited by jitkiat; 27-02-10 at 20:01.