Page 2 of 145 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 2881

Thread: The Estuary

  1. #21

    Default

    If only they could price it like Caspian...580psf...then i will be the first 1 in the Q haa haa.

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    If only they could price it like Caspian...580psf...then i will be the first 1 in the Q haa haa.
    Psst.. bro! Ready to get another unit?
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

  3. #23

    Default

    Its one bus stop.....not 2.
    For those whom want to have a taste of how noisy it will be....
    Go to the HDB block further in Yishun Ave 1, just beside the stadium and facing the reservoir and at the highest floor.

    If you think its noisy......just imagine this new project which is directly at the junction (a very very very busy junction).

    However, I have no doubt the view will be great (what else with the reservoir in front) and the environment is not too bad too (green everywhere, and Khatib Town Centre is within walking distance, lots of things to eat, got Sheng Song and NTUC, McDonald, 2 coffeeshops, numerous other Zhi Cha stalls around).

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    Its one bus stop.....not 2.
    For those whom want to have a taste of how noisy it will be....
    Go to the HDB block further in Yishun Ave 1, just beside the stadium and facing the reservoir and at the highest floor.

    If you think its noisy......just imagine this new project which is directly at the junction (a very very very busy junction).

    However, I have no doubt the view will be great (what else with the reservoir in front) and the environment is not too bad too (green everywhere, and Khatib Town Centre is within walking distance, lots of things to eat, got Sheng Song and NTUC, McDonald, 2 coffeeshops, numerous other Zhi Cha stalls around).

    depends on how u count -
    1st bus-stop: on opposite side of the road from Yishun Sports Stadium
    2nd bus-stop: 30m before Khatib MRT
    .....hence my conclusion that it's 2 bus-stops

    however agree with u that view will be great but noise level will be terrible. don't forget the helicopters from nearby sembawang airbase flying up & down day & nite too........

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Cannot buy too many noise. Will be one of the worst development in term of noise pollution. If want view, buy the condo beside.
    - Noise from Major Junction
    - Noise from Yishun Ave 1
    - Noise from Yishun Ave 2
    - Noise from MRT track
    - Noise from stadium
    - Noise from helicopter

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BB
    Cannot buy too many noise. Will be one of the worst development in term of noise pollution. If want view, buy the condo beside.
    - Noise from Major Junction
    - Noise from Yishun Ave 1
    - Noise from Yishun Ave 2
    - Noise from MRT track
    - Noise from stadium
    - Noise from helicopter
    How about posting a map.

    Yishun Sapphire and Yishun Emerald were very slow to sell. Is this indicative of Yishun value.

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cndomay
    How about posting a map.

    Yishun Sapphire and Yishun Emerald were very slow to sell. Is this indicative of Yishun value.
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=7444

  8. #28

    Default

    Thanks. There's a double thread.

    The fuss abt noise.....agree for units closest to the main road, where the main vehicular traffic for Yishun New Town has to traverse.

    Faintly rememebered that for the road towards Orchid Park, the traffic would have dropped to a sleepy level.

    The reservoir view is even better than Bedok Reservoir ( natural & lots of greenery) ?

    However, the post also mentioned that MCL need to sell at $850 and above to breakeven. That's a new high for Yishun.

  9. #29

    Default

    Anybody want to buy there better to stay in Orchid park beside a few days to see if can bear the noise from Yishun Ave 2, especially the motor bike at the wee hour.

    I was living in Orchid park few years back. can't make it even on the air-con, close the windows all the time at night.

    This new site got Ave 2, MRT track beside Ave1.

  10. #30

    Default

    All launching higher and higher price...bubble getting bigger and bigger...until Mr Mah Pokes it!

    Pls don't sell such a thing for $800+/psf

    But then there are ppl with ready cheque to buy.

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wadexu
    Anybody want to buy there better to stay in Orchid park beside a few days to see if can bear the noise from Yishun Ave 2, especially the motor bike at the wee hour.

    I was living in Orchid park few years back. can't make it even on the air-con, close the windows all the time at night.

    This new site got Ave 2, MRT track beside Ave1.
    A condo affected by traffic noise is not a good buy.

    What happened to our world class urban planners. why reserve land for condo so close to main arterial traffic.

  12. #32

    Default

    The land is released according to a predetermined criteria...

    Near Junction is also land that can be used and shall be used. If that is the case... the earlier it is released, the better it is as better land could be sold at a later date at a higher price. It has soemthing to do with the sequence of releasing land parcels.

    Imagine if good land is released first versus a not so good land later... The price of not so good land will be lower or should not be higher as compared to the better one. However, if done in the correct order, land prices will keep going up.

  13. #33

    Default

    The noise from the MRT is the killer....as the system ages, the noise gets louder....

  14. #34

    Default

    The distance away from MRT tracks are not as close as some other condo's.... caspain is nearer... The good thing is that it is near a recreational park.

    The stadium noise could be an issue to note also..

    But at whatever price.... sure got people to jump in and buy... 10% to 20% take up no problem... demand coming from those who wish to upgrade or need a new home in Yishun. Beyond 80% it is harder to find new buyers...

  15. #35

    Default

    Went to the actual site and went up Blk 816 beside the site.
    1. Scenery +++++ (A lot of greeny)
    2. Park facility +++++ (A lot of new reservior facilities building in progress)
    3. Distance from MRT ++ (10 mins walk by me to Khatib MRT)
    4. Distance to supermarket/shops ++ (10 mins walk too)
    5. Distance to TOTO station ++++ (2 mins walk to stadium Singapore Pools)
    5. Noise ----- (The noise from Ave 1 was unbearable, no need to even talk about MRT, Helicopter noise as well as stadium events), somemore free noise from Multi-Purpose Hall which was having an event.

    My

  16. #36

    Default

    Btw, saw some construction next to Blk 816. It's seem that the showroom going to be built there. Should be selling soon.

  17. #37

    Default

    Then maybe buy blk 816 better haa haa....

  18. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bieffe
    All launching higher and higher price...bubble getting bigger and bigger...until Mr Mah Pokes it!

    Pls don't sell such a thing for $800+/psf

    But then there are ppl with ready cheque to buy.
    At 800+psf is unsustainable, 700-750 may be more reasonable.

  19. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ksh
    At 800+psf is unsustainable, 700-750 may be more reasonable.
    IMO anything above 700psf is unreasonable... in Yishun
    but now any unreasonable price is possible

  20. #40

    Default

    No news...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •