Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: The Estuary

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    one man's meat is another man's poison. everyone have their own views, preferences & tastes. u do not have to bash other pp's opinions just to put forth your own.
    I am only correcting unfounded and misleading views of parties about The Estuary. YOu have clowns coming here and saying all kinds of noises can be heard from that location - helicopter, plane and noise from stadium. All rubbish. The only noise is traffic noise. That's it. The message to these clowns is do not come here and attack a development blindly just because they are not buying it.

AS for youself, I was giving my frank opinion in response to your question to me on what category of people buy Meadows @ Pierce. Just tyoo bad if you have a unit there. If you can't bear hearing other people's frank opinion then don;t ask for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BB
    Orchid Park Condo that you are staying is in a much better location than The Estuary. Not beside MRT track, stadium & major junction. Many times better than The Estuary.
    I do admit the Orchid Park Condo's location is better including the view of the reservoir which is more central than The Estuary's which is from an angle. But I don't think the MRT track will be a big bother to residents at The Estuary as it it across a 6 lane road and a good 100-150 metres away(may be more if they buffer it with a tennis court etc) from the nearest block. The blocks will be facing the reservoir and away from the junction or the MRT track. The traffic noise may also not be as bad as that in front of Orchid Park Condo as the vehicles will slow down at a junction as against fast moving vehicles in front of Orchid Park Condo.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Citing from the US experience, these radiations won't usually make people die, but they after staying at same place for a long time will tend to suffer from very much higher chance of developing illnesses, cancers, and anomaly of new-born babies etc. Did you do a research over the past 20 years that people who have lived there for past 20 years (not those who live in and move out over short period) didn't have higher chance of above ill-effects over other places?
    In a place such as Singapore where medical treatments & hospitalisations are rather expensive (vs income), people would rather die than suffer long-term incurable illness & pains that need frequent medical treatments & hospitalisations.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    That would mean the HDB blocks along Yishun Ave 1 that have been directly facing the satellite dishes (less than 2 km away) for more than 20 years should have more regular funeral wakes in their void decks. But not that I noticed it. So what can one conclude?

Same advice applies to you. Can't conclude that just because one is living near airbase means must hear plane noise regularly. What kind of planes (jet vs light planes) what is the flying route, etc must all be considered. Before you make a fool of yourself by insisting that someone staying near The Estuary can definitely hear regular plane noise, suggest you go down and spend some time there. Very easy to come to a forum and declaring something that is completely unfounded.

Sorry Sir. You must be right. Only got Airbus 320 and Boeing 737 coming to land. Surely cannot hear anything. Only sound is the water birds from the tranquil surrounding, and maybe some residents breaking wind.

http://www.eastliving.com.sg/index2....o_pdf=1&id=302

different people have different powers of listening.....it's all very individual. like for eg, I can give instructions to my maid by speaking right into her ear & yet for some reason, she cannot "hear" it. it's the same problem with that guy, me tinks....
    If I admit that I can hear quite a bit of traffic noise then one should believe me when I said that there is no noise from planes or helicopters. I should know better since I have been staying in that location for years than an armchair critic like you who has bought a house in the middle of no man's land (maybe want to be closer to the monkeys across the road) and yet blindly criticise other areas, someone who spent 2 years working in a Sembawang Airbase and assumes the same helicopter noise can be heard all over Yishun (maybe the RSAF has a policy that helicopters should cover every inch of Yishun/Sembawang regularly to irritate the residents or maybe Yishun is such a small place that one helicopter taking off from the airbase will end up flying over the whole of Yishun), noise from fighter jets at Paya Lebar airport should be equivalent to noise from small light planes at Seletar airbase, that planes can fly all over Singapore and there is no such thing as a flying route or if there is then there is definitely a flying route directly above The Estuary, or that The Estuary is located immediately next to the Seletar Airbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka
    Sorry Sir. You must be right. Only got Airbus 320 and Boeing 737 coming to land. Surely cannot hear anything. Only sound is the water birds from the tranquil surrounding, and maybe some residents breaking wind.

http://www.eastliving.com.sg/index2....o_pdf=1&id=302
    Yet to start and that too for maintenance mostly and not so much for ferrying passengers which means very irregular touchdowns. Don't worry no second Changi airport here. But you sure the route will be directly ABOVE the estuary or you also share the opinion that any one plane above and the whole Yishun will be able to hear it or a plane landing at Seletar Airbase can be heard 3 kilometres away at The Estuary? Come on guys you surely have more grey matter. Are forumers here that silly?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Citing from the US experience, these radiations won't usually make people die, but they after staying at same place for a long time will tend to suffer from very much higher chance of developing illnesses, cancers, and anomaly of new-born babies etc. Did you do a research over the past 20 years that people who have lived there for past 20 years (not those who live in and move out over short period) didn't have higher chance of above ill-effects over other places?
    In a place such as Singapore where medical treatments & hospitalisations are rather expensive (vs income), people would rather die than suffer long-term incurable illness & pains that need frequent medical treatments & hospitalisations.
    "....people would rather die than suffer long term incurable illness..." That will win you the mother of all clowns title in this forum

What I am citing are facts. Only clowns like to bad-mouth when they lose an argument by being unable to provide facts. You are the real clown who like to call somebody else "clown"?
    Anyway, all forumers here have eyes to see. Don't need for me to say much.

"....people would rather die than suffer long term incurable illness..." That will win you the mother of all clowns title in this forum

No need to argue lah, just look at widely accepted, generally known facts lor.

- (http://www.sci-ctr.edu.sg/ssc/detail...arent=3&cat=29) Are you living within the direction of the satellite dish? if you're behind the convex back of the dish, then no worries. If you're facing the concave bit even if it's not directly facing you, then you better start to calculate how far you are from it. All forms of high output radiation whether from power lines, satellite dishes, radio towers etc significantly increase the rate of cancer.

- the Yishun avenue site is equidistant from the Seletar and Sembawang air bases. These have been very lightly used for quite some time so i doubt noise will affect anything. However, if the Seletar aerospace thing takes off and they are servicing Boeings and Airbuses, then noise could reach unbearable levels - really still depending on frequency of use of the two strips. Dun believe? try staying close to the paya lebar airstrip

Default agree with nav14

I stay in Orchid Park, and completely agree with the facts mentioned by nav14 regarding noise (from traffic, and not from airplanes/helicopters). By the way, I stay in tower 8, facing the reservoir. I accept that traffic noise is there, but it is not a big deal, very bearable.. The reservoir view, and green surroundings more than compensate for the bit of noise..

Default "The Estuary" versus 'Orchid Park'

As "The Estuary" would be very close to "Orchid Park", wanted to get views on the impact on the resale values of "Orchid Park". There is speculation that Orchid Park valuation would go up because of high pricing of Estuary.. How much would think would be psf prices that Orchid Park could go up to?

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefgh
    As "The Estuary" would be very close to "Orchid Park", wanted to get views on the impact on the resale values of "Orchid Park". There is speculation that Orchid Park valuation would go up because of high pricing of Estuary.. How much would think would be psf prices that Orchid Park could go up to?
    let's see how good the sale is.

If I admit that I can hear quite a bit of traffic noise then one should believe me when I said that there is no noise from planes or helicopters. I should know better since I have been staying in that location for years than an armchair critic like you who has bought a house in the middle of no man's land (maybe want to be closer to the monkeys across the road) and yet blindly criticise other areas, someone who spent 2 years working in a Sembawang Airbase and assumes the same helicopter noise can be heard all over Yishun (maybe the RSAF has a policy that helicopters should cover every inch of Yishun/Sembawang regularly to irritate the residents or maybe Yishun is such a small place that one helicopter taking off from the airbase will end up flying over the whole of Yishun), noise from fighter jets at Paya Lebar airport should be equivalent to noise from small light planes at Seletar airbase, that planes can fly all over Singapore and there is no such thing as a flying route or if there is then there is definitely a flying route directly above The Estuary, or that The Estuary is located immediately next to the Seletar Airbase.
    me no armchair critic. me also been staying in the area for 22 years. but me do agree with u on one point.......better to buy a unit at Meadows@Peirce and face the monkeys than face a clown like u.... yup, it's better to agree than disagree with u....one certainly can't argue with tat.....

Sorry, got confused. So is that area noisy from planes or not?

me no armchair critic. me also been staying in the area for 22 years. but me do agree with u on one point.......better to buy a unit at Meadows@Peirce and face the monkeys than face a clown like u.... yup, it's better to agree than disagree with u....one certainly can't argue with tat.....

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefgh
    I stay in Orchid Park, and completely agree with the facts mentioned by nav14 regarding noise (from traffic, and not from airplanes/helicopters). By the way, I stay in tower 8, facing the reservoir. I accept that traffic noise is there, but it is not a big deal, very bearable.. The reservoir view, and green surroundings more than compensate for the bit of noise..
    abcdefgh, you are the only person supporting Nav 14.
    Your account seems to be created in a rush, judging from your uncreative nick of abcdefgh.
    Your account was just created a few days ago and you have only 2 posts. The moment you post, you wrote to lend support to Nav14. Your views are 100% the same as Nav14.

Smells like a rat....smells like a rat...

I suggest that if you are really buying, you should really go there to recce and decide for yourself. I am currently living in woodlands and lived in Yishun previously, and my views (as above on helicopter noise) may be biased.

But what I know is that the noise is definitely significantly lesser than those that is just next to the expressway. I have been to a couple of such developments and you may need to wear ear plugs for such developments, unless you keep the windows closed at all times.

But what I can say that is the proposed development does has some unique points, ie near to seletar airhub and the impressive reservoir view. It is also almost unblocked all around and I will be very surprised if it is not windy.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Sorry, got confused. So is that area noisy from planes or not?

Seems like the showroom is ready and the carpark area up. Also, the site construction has began. Wondering when will be the preview...

Earlier on, it was stated as before the end of this year when you register your interest with them.... It seems like they might even breech it and launch it in first quarter next year. It's anytime now.. no need to wait for show room to complete as they can always do a preview sale based on floor plans.

Waiting has been advantageous to the developer, just hope that it is not delayed to next year Jun onwards.

If I were MCL, I will try to launch it right after Chinese new year. By then you will have a 6 month vacuum period of major mass market launches. The pent up demand, plus the "miss-the-boat" atmosphere, and the good sentiments of IR opening, all will help to make it a success. Not forgetting by March most ppl will have gotten their bonus. After all, even at 850psf, a decent 3bd can still be had at ard 1M. That's the sweet spot for upgraders (1-200k savings)

This project definitely has potential. Near MRT, great reservoir view. Plus Yishun area hasn't had a major new project for some time.

Just hope that MCL land don,'t win future land sales in Yishun or else it is going to be very expansive for new home owners wanna be.

99 yr cluster housing plot in Yishun for sale in May 2010, that will be much sought after....

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    If I were MCL, I will try to launch it right after Chinese new year. By then you will have a 6 month vacuum period of major mass market launches. The pent up demand, plus the "miss-the-boat" atmosphere, and the good sentiments of IR opening, all will help to make it a success. Not forgetting by March most ppl will have gotten their bonus. After all, even at 850psf, a decent 3bd can still be had at ard 1M. That's the sweet spot for upgraders (1-200k savings)

This project definitely has potential. Near MRT, great reservoir view. Plus Yishun area hasn't had a major new project for some time.

During march 09 800k was the magic figure...now upgraded to 1 mil.... But the view is really beautiful, better than bedok reservoir.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    During march 09 800k was the magic figure...now upgraded to 1 mil.... But the view is really beautiful, better than bedok reservoir.

1 mil for Yishun... you must well get Clover for the location or Meadows for the freehold... thats my take

Quote Originally Posted by tokbooncheng
    1 mil for Yishun... you must well get Clover for the location or Meadows for the freehold... thats my take
    exactly..
    pay 1 million and drive like forever to get anywhere close to city/orchard

I'm just looking strictly from marketing point of view. A 4-5rm HDB upgrader with 1-200k savings at hand, considering they can sell their HDB at 500k, pricing a 3bd unit at 800k will be simply too cheap, not maximizing profit. The condo pricing should always be slightly over the original "budget" but still within reach. If some one visits the show flat with a budget of 800k in mind, the showflat plus the crowd effect will have no problem convincing him to up the budget to 1mil. A new project will always have a 20% premium at least over old projects, as s'poreans are known to prefer new over old. In addition, mass market buyers are mostly for own stay. The calculation is mostly revolving around whether he can afford it, not how much he can make.
    Look, people scoffed at the price for almost every mass market project launch in 2009. Even projects launching at $650 is ridiculed. But reality shows the support level is very strong. Save for a few projects that asked for 1.2k (that's no longer a mass market project), all were doing well. Developer of Optima/Airstream probably regretted setting the price too low. If a project was sold out within days, it simply means it could have charged higher. 100 Trees were practically sold out within 2 months. That's a good balance. Had it been priced at $800 psf only, it could have been sold out in days and CDL would have made less profit.
    For this Yishun project, there are enough interest from people staying around Yishun to support. if MCL does it at $650-$700, do u agree it will be a fair price ? It would probably be sold out within days. That's not fair from developer's (or shareholder's) point of view, as it's not optimising profit. There is no need to have it sold within 3 days. Even a marketing contract with a pty agency is typically 6 month. Plus the cost of the show flat. The balance of this is always tricky. I think CDL had done it very well so far.

I'm just looking strictly from marketing point of view. A 4-5rm HDB upgrader with 1-200k savings at hand, considering they can sell their HDB at 500k, pricing a 3bd unit at 800k will be simply too cheap, not maximizing profit. The condo pricing should always be slightly over the original "budget" but still within reach. If some one visits the show flat with a budget of 800k in mind, the showflat plus the crowd effect will have no problem convincing him to up the budget to 1mil. A new project will always have a 20% premium at least over old projects, as s'poreans are known to prefer new over old. In addition, mass market buyers are mostly for own stay. The calculation is mostly revolving around whether he can afford it, not how much he can make.
    Look, people scoffed at the price for almost every mass market project launch in 2009. Even projects launching at $650 is ridiculed. But reality shows the support level is very strong. Save for a few projects that asked for 1.2k (that's no longer a mass market project), all were doing well. Developer of Optima/Airstream probably regretted setting the price too low. If a project was sold out within days, it simply means it could have charged higher. 100 Trees were practically sold out within 2 months. That's a good balance. Had it been priced at $800 psf only, it could have been sold out in days and CDL would have made less profit.
    For this Yishun project, there are enough interest from people staying around Yishun to support. if MCL does it at $650-$700, do u agree it will be a fair price ? It would probably be sold out within days. That's not fair from developer's (or shareholder's) point of view, as it's not optimising profit. There is no need to have it sold within 3 days. Even a marketing contract with a pty agency is typically 6 month. Plus the cost of the show flat. The balance of this is always tricky. I think CDL had done it very well so far.
    Very well analysed and great food for thought for all. Thanks for sharing your insight.

I believe you are wrong. 100 trees will never be sold out. there are some 30 units left and the developer may be closing the showflat. I passed by it every other day, and I saw zero activity.

I am still rediculing those that shelled out 900+ psf to buy into this project. the chance of them coming out whole is less than zero.

Agents lah... good work, keep the hope alive... if price high, take up rate will be low... so where is the maximising profit? price to sell is much better than price to kill...

The response will not be >50% sold if it is priced >$800 psf... my guess but I would like to be proven wrong.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by richwang, Parc Imperial, 7 December 2009 6.30 pm
    URA latest data:

398 sqft, S$550,000, 1381 psf, Oct-09

This will set a benchmark for future transactions.

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad, Parc Imperial, 8 December 2009 2.10 pm
    Nothing to cheer for. it just doesn't make any sense to own such chicken coop units. the rich expats will not rent any of these tiny units. the poor ones cannot afford the rent you are charging. they can pay at most 1k or 1.5k per month. At such rates, the net rental yield (after maintenance fee) is very very low, less than 3%.

Don't cheer too early. things that appear to make little sense usually do.
    Quote Originally Posted by xebay11, Parc Imperial, 8 December 2009 4.35 pm
    You seem to have a grudge against ppl whose property appreciates or gives good yield (percieved or real).....I sense jealousy.
    I wonder what is the District-5 conman doing in Yishun?

Where did the figure 30 came from? Even as of 31 October 2009, there are 24 units left unsold.

I am not vested in District 5. Nevertheless, there are around 10 units left in Hundred Trees now.

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of October 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Hundred Trees .. OCR ......... 372 ......................... 52 .............................. 1,029 ............ 942 ............... 799

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Agents lah... good work, keep the hope alive... if price high, take up rate will be low... so where is the maximising profit? price to sell is much better than price to kill...
    bro I'm not an agent. No need for me to talk up a project. give me too much credit. I'm just sharing some thoughts in this forum.

The response will not be >50% sold if it is priced >$800 psf... my guess but I would like to be proven wrong.
    My feeling is it will be >50% sold if it's priced >$800. Let's wait and see.

I am still rediculing those that shelled out 900+ psf to buy into this project. the chance of them coming out whole is less than zero.
    who cares ? CDL made the profit already. In any case, the above statement is a matter of opinion. I would not want to comment on that. The bottom line is, CDL priced 100 Trees very nicely, from Mr. Quek's point of view.

no problem, amk, good to talk to a non agent.

Do note the concept of controlled pricing... new launches are the new benchmark to older developments. But is it really value for money?? It all depends on your criteria.