Page 4 of 145 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Estuary

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    the profiles of buyers for The Estuary will be different from those for Meadows. those who buy Meadows are looking for other factors, and generally do not mind that it's not near conveniences like MRT & shops. likewise those who buy The Estuary will look for such conveniences & will not look at the Meadows.
    Convenience is always a major factor in opting to buy a home for most buyers except for the top 5-10% ultra rich for whom it does not matter and rather go for a prestigious location. The buyers of Meadows@Pierce and the project itself do not fall in this category.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Just wondering will those microwave satallite dishes turn direction to face the condo? Or are they fixed?
    Does it matter? The dishes are too far and if they had any impact I would be dead by now as my unit has a clear view of these dishes.

the profiles of buyers for The Estuary will be different from those for Meadows. those who buy Meadows are looking for other factors, and generally do not mind that it's not near conveniences like MRT & shops. likewise those who buy The Estuary will look for such conveniences & will not look at the Meadows.
    Convenience is always a major factor in opting to buy a home for most buyers except for the top 5-10% ultra rich for whom it does not matter and rather go for a prestigious location. The buyers of Meadows@Pierce and the project itself do not fall in this category.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14

so what category do they fall into?

Here's a scenic video taken from BLK816. 3.30pm weekday off peak traffic, judge the noise yourself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR0xcbhmOHQ

Frankly, I love the view, but hate the traffic noise.

Hi All

I am a newbie here, i would like to share my thoughts and i have no hidden agenda(s).

During my NS days, i was an officer trained in air traffic controlling. After graduating from OCS, i was posted to Sembawang air base as a chopper air traffic controller and i also take care of Ops work. Thus, i know Sembawang and Yishun well. Complaints from residents about noise level coming from the airfield and the choppers are not uncommon. To verify, you could take a day off and visit the area to see if the noise level is tolerable. Then, try to see if you could stand this if you were to live there. Then, picture if you have a flat there, would buyers be willing to fork out a good price for your unit.

Coincidently, i also live near another airfield. My flat is along Hougang Ave 1, about 5km from Paya Lebar airbase. If i go on leave on a weekday, i find it tough to sleep beyond 9am. I hear the planes from Paya Lebar airbase clearly.

Do you guys know that Seletar airbase is being transformed into an airhub? Would this mean more planes will come to land and take off from there? Would there be planes coming to land or take off at night?
    Have you guys driven to the end of Yishun Ave 1 and notice that a new road has opened to Seletar airbase? Could this increase traffice to Yishun Ave 1 heavily?
    Have you taken the street directory to find out currently, where is the run way and have you gone down to observe the final flight path of private jets coming in? (though it is not that frequent now)

I have.

Dark Mage

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Here's a scenic video taken from BLK816. 3.30pm weekday off peak traffic, judge the noise yourself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR0xcbhmOHQ

Frankly, I love the view, but hate the traffic noise.
    Nav 14, The above has proven that what I wrote was correct.
    Last edited by BB; 25th November 2009 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mage
    Hi All

I am a newbie here, i would like to share my thoughts and i have no hidden agenda(s).

During my NS days, i was an officer trained in air traffic controlling. After graduating from OCS, i was posted to Sembawang air base as a chopper air traffic controller and i also take care of Ops work. Thus, i know Sembawang and Yishun well. Complaints from residents about noise level coming from the airfield and the choppers are not uncommon. To verify, you could take a day off and visit the area to see if the noise level is tolerable. Then, try to see if you could stand this if you were to live there. Then, picture if you have a flat there, would buyers be willing to fork out a good price for your unit.

Coincidently, i also live near another airfield. My flat is along Hougang Ave 1, about 5km from Paya Lebar airbase. If i go on leave on a weekday, i find it tough to sleep beyond 9am. I hear the planes from Paya Lebar airbase clearly.

Do you guys know that Seletar airbase is being transformed into an airhub? Would this mean more planes will come to land and take off from there? Would there be planes coming to land or take off at night?
    Have you guys driven to the end of Yishun Ave 1 and notice that a new road has opened to Seletar airbase? Could this increase traffice to Yishun Ave 1 heavily?
    Have you taken the street directory to find out currently, where is the run way and have you gone down to observe the final flight path of private jets coming in? (though it is not that frequent now)

I have.

Dark Mage
    Nav 14, Another person here has proven my point that noise is a major issue to be considered when buying this condo.

Quote Originally Posted by BB
    Nav 14, Another person here has proven my point that noise is a major issue to be considered when buying this condo.
    Sorry, but my views are completely different about the noise from air fields. I have not lived in Hougang or near Paya Lebar airbase, but I have lived in Yishun for 20 over years. I would like to stress that I have never been bothered by any of such noise from air planes or helicopters, or ever noted their existence. For road noise, as I have never lived near the stadium, this is something that I cannot comment.

Dear tboonk

i agree with you. It is a known fact that people get accustomed to noise and after a while, they might be oblivious to it. Often, residents living at a noisy place don't think much of it after staying there for a period of time but when they have visitors, these people find it too noisy.

Secondly, due to the layout of the airfield at Sembawang, thus the aerodrome, there are areas in Yishun that might not be as affected as others. I quote you an example, if you have time, sit at the void deck of a block at Chong Pang during a weekday. You will hear the choppers. Or, go have big breakfast at MacDonalds along Sembawang Road. You will hear the choppers.

Then, imagine how the airhub at Seletar might come into this picture when it is developed.

Dark Mage

Not all of yishun is affected by low level helicopter from sembawang, only those blocks near sembawang road are affected. N8 west of khatib MRT, some N1 and N7 blocks.

Same for the daily small planes flying circuits in seletar, only those N4 and along yishun ave 1 and 4 (some N6 and N8) can see and hear them.

The middle of yishun is like a no fly zone, the boundary between sembawang airbase and seletar airport haa haa. ( but of course they can fly high over yishun but no threat of noise).

Quote Originally Posted by tboonk
    Sorry, but my views are completely different about the noise from air fields. I have not lived in Hougang or near Paya Lebar airbase, but I have lived in Yishun for 20 over years. I would like to stress that I have never been bothered by any of such noise from air planes or helicopters, or ever noted their existence. For road noise, as I have never lived near the stadium, this is something that I cannot comment.

so what category do they fall into?
    They fall in the category of wannabes who think by buying a condo next to a old private estate without any HDB flats in the vicinity regardless of the inconvenience would make them one class higher than those staying in the middle of or adjoining HDB estates.

Quote Originally Posted by BB
    Nav 14, The above has proven that what I wrote was correct.
    This is what I wrote " Noise from Yishun Ave 2 yes quite a bit".I later corrected it to Yishun Ave 1. Road noise from Yishun Ave 1 will be quite obvious for residents staying at The Estuary BUT NOT FROM OTHER SOURCES like the MRT, stadium, helicopters etc.

I am staying in a condo in that area facing the reservoir so I am well aware of where the noise comes from. I have got used to the noise from Yishun Ave 1 which is not obvious once the windows are closed.

No condo is perfect. For a perfect condo you will pay a perfect price. There are many more expensive condos in prime districts which face noisy roads and yet they are snapped up. It all depends on what you are willing to compromise on. This may not fancy you but for others the view will be a deciding factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mage
    Hi All

I have.

Dark Mage
    I have stayed in various parts of Sembawang / Yishun all my life since birth. Right now I am staying in a condo next to the new condo The Estuary and the last thing that has ever bothered me is helicopter or noise from planes. Maybe you should station yourself at Blk 816 and record like what azeoprop has done and post on youtube on what noise you can hear from that area.

While you will be looking at the negative aspect of a expanded Seletar Airbase (not like as if it is turning into a major airport with non stop flights), the buyers of The Estuary will be looking at the opening up of the new Rd linking Yishun Ave 1 to Seletar Airhub as an opportunity to get good rents from the 10,000 who will be working there soon.

Those buying will be looking at the positives while those not buying can only see the negatives.

They fall in the category of .....
    bro if I'm interested in both Estuary and Meadows, I will be in all of the above categories ?

each project has its own merits lah! no need to bash other projects. while I share ur view that the noise of this part of yishun area is not a big deal, I do not get why you have to bash up others like that to support your view.

This project has a nice view, gd convenience to MRT, should be able to command $850 at least. It's the "Yishun" stigma you need to fight more. For totally unknown reason to me, a lot of people just do not believe anything in Yishun can cost more that $700 psf

I have stayed in various parts of Sembawang / Yishun all my life since birth. Right now I am staying in a condo next to the new condo The Estuary and the last thing that has ever bothered me is helicopter or noise from planes. Maybe you should station yourself at Blk 816 and record like what azeoprop has done and post on youtube on what noise you can hear from that area.

While you will be looking at the negative aspect of a expanded Seletar Airbase (not like as if it is turning into a major airport with non stop flights), the buyers of The Estuary will be looking at the opening up of the new Rd linking Yishun Ave 1 to Seletar Airhub as an opportunity to get good rents from the 10,000 who will be working there soon.

Those buying will be looking at the positives while those not buying can only see the negatives.

Dear Nav14

I understand now why you have to defend arguments against this location after seeing your previous post. You actually live there.

My apologies, i have nothing against you.

Dark Mage

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    bro if I'm interested in both Estuary and Meadows, I will be in all of the above categories ?

each project has its own merits lah! no need to bash other projects. while I share ur view that the noise of this part of yishun area is not a big deal, I do not get why you have to bash up others like that to support your view.

This project has a nice view, gd convenience to MRT, should be able to command $850 at least. It's the "Yishun" stigma you need to fight more. For totally unknown reason to me, a lot of people just do not believe anything in Yishun can cost more that $700 psf
    Yah loh, when people hear "yishun or woodlands" then the first comment is eeee so ulu, very far away, not worth the money bla bla bla....and when u say cost 700psf, they will think u crazy.

This is what I wrote " Noise from Yishun Ave 2 yes quite a bit".I later corrected it to Yishun Ave 1. Road noise from Yishun Ave 1 will be quite obvious for residents staying at The Estuary BUT NOT FROM OTHER SOURCES like the MRT, stadium, helicopters etc.

I am staying in a condo in that area facing the reservoir so I am well aware of where the noise comes from. I have got used to the noise from Yishun Ave 1 which is not obvious once the windows are closed.

No condo is perfect. For a perfect condo you will pay a perfect price. There are many more expensive condos in prime districts which face noisy roads and yet they are snapped up. It all depends on what you are willing to compromise on. This may not fancy you but for others the view will be a deciding factor.
    Orchid Park Condo that you are staying is in a much better location than The Estuary. Not beside MRT track, stadium & major junction. Many times better than The Estuary.

They fall in the category of wannabes who think by buying a condo next to a old private estate without any HDB flats in the vicinity regardless of the inconvenience would make them one class higher than those staying in the middle of or adjoining HDB estates.
    one man's meat is another man's poison. everyone have their own views, preferences & tastes. u do not have to bash other pp's opinions just to put forth your own.