Page 576 of 576 FirstFirst ... 76476526566572573574575576
Results 2,876 to 2,879 of 2879

Thread: The Estuary

Four years is after defects liability period - nobody will be able to receive or respond to the complaint. Need to re-lay the tiles - major construction. It won't collapse but the tiles may all pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by whitejasmine View Post
    Hi it's my first time to post here because I don't know anywhere else to ask.

Earlier this week I noticed severe floor defect in my living room. The whole thing came up (see attached picture).

I looked for some contractors and they said it can collapse anytime.

I wonder any neighbours are having the same problem? It can't be just me who's so unlucky right? Any way I can make a complaint or something? It's only been 4 years...!

Thanks a lot in advance for any sharings/advices, thanks!
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by whitejasmine View Post
    Hi it's my first time to post here because I don't know anywhere else to ask.

Earlier this week I noticed severe floor defect in my living room. The whole thing came up (see attached picture).

I looked for some contractors and they said it can collapse anytime.

I wonder any neighbours are having the same problem? It can't be just me who's so unlucky right? Any way I can make a complaint or something? It's only been 4 years...!

Thanks a lot in advance for any sharings/advices, thanks!
    Hi Whitejasmie, it doesn't look like it will collapse. Go to this HDB webpage, it does explain what happened. With this knowledge you can get a reliable contractor. http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/res...floor-finishes
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Actually tiles popping is quite common with HDB flats. Usually cases increase when a change in weather, like the recent cooler weather. One of my friend's living room tiles popped at night early this year when night time temperatures dropped to 22c for a few days.

Not only with HDB flats. It applies to all houses, all units. But collapse is bullshit. Tiles are like the wallpaper on walls. They serve no purpose except to make it nicer. The real foundation is the metal and cement below the tiles. This one also a bit common sense right? The tile is so thin. You expect it to hold up a unit?

Anyway, unfortunately you have to re-tile. It is very common and like what Kelonguni has said, once the defect period ends (1 year), there is no recourse.