Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: The Estuary

any update on this development? been waiting for quite a while.. drove past it last week but can hardly see any life there. The signboard is also not ready.

CSDC has won the construction project. Total 608 units comprising of 3 15-storey blocks, 2 16-storey and 2 17-storey blocks ...

2009-11-26
    中 国建筑南洋公司正式收到Estuary Condominium(义顺公寓)项目的授标书,获得该项目的总承包权。义顺公寓项目由新加坡知名地产发展商“马来信贷集团”(MCL)开发,占地约 2.7万平方米,建筑面积约8.3万平方米,主要由3座15层、2座16层以及2座17层的建筑群组成(共608个单位),另外还包括一座多层停车场、一 个地下车库以及游泳池、网球场、俱乐部等综合娱乐设施和绿化工程,合同额约合8905万美元,合同工期将近34个月。义顺公寓项目是中国建筑南洋公司继双 湾公寓项目后获得的又一大型私人公寓项目。同时,该项目是中国建筑通过南洋公司与业主在十分友好坦诚的谈判后,取得一致意见而成功获得的,在谈判过程中业 主对中国建筑南洋公司管理层所表现出来的尊重和欣赏也反映出公司在市场上良好的信誉,同时也必将进一步巩固公司在长期合作中与马来信贷集团建立起来的互信 互利的长远合作关系。目前中国建筑南洋公司已组建成熟的项目管理班子和施工队伍,以确保该项目及时开工和顺利竣工。

thanks for the news. So it's the same main con for the Double Bay Residence.
    we can now work out the total cost of this project:

land price 213.5m, abt 350 psf pp, construction cost 89m*1.4=125m, abt 200 psf pp (wow that's cheap!). So the total cost is only $550 psf pp. Removing the area for car parks, facilities, etc, the break even for MCL should be <$600 only. With this, MCL should be able to sell it with a comfortable profit margin.
    Last edited by amk; 28-12-09 at 11:22.

(duplicated)
    Last edited by amk; 28-12-09 at 11:23.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    thanks for the news. So it's the same main con for the Double Bay Residence.
    we can now work out the total cost of this project:

land price 213.5m, abt 350 psf pp, construction cost 89m*1.4=125m, abt 200 psf pp (wow that's cheap!). So the total cost is only $550 psf pp. Removing the area for car parks, facilities, etc, the break even for MCL should be <$600 only. With this, MCL should be able to sell it with a comfortable profit margin.
    Also must include cost of distribution (agents), marketing, showflat, architect/QS/lawyer/GST etc ... overall cost may be close to 600psf .. I think must sell above 700psf to have good profit.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    A.. I think must sell above 700psf to have good profit.
    I think they will sell >$800 or even $850 for good ones.

$800 or above might be only possible for the mm units or those with reservoir view.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    I think they will sell >$800 or even $850 for good ones.

Just my guess, the selling price range will be from $750-$850 psf. No matter what, this condo will be a new high for Yishun.

850psf for yishun or Jurong is madness!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Just my guess, the selling price range will be from $750-$850 psf. No matter what, this condo will be a new high for Yishun.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    850psf for yishun or Jurong is madness!!!
    For Jurong, if you dislike the figure $850 psf, you can always choose a different figure. $1,090 psf seems like a good figure for Jurong.

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of July 2008

Project Name .. Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Lakeshore ... OCR ........ 14 .............................. 1,090 ............ 812 ................ 774

you gotta be joking, jurong at 1090psf? I would like to have an autograph of that goon...

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    For Jurong, if you dislike the figure $850 psf, you can always choose a different figure. $1,090 psf seems like a good figure for Jurong.

Caspian also had a few 400+ sqf units that were sold at $900++ psf.

Caspian also had a few 400+ sqf units that were sold at $900++ psf.
    ... but those $929 psfs for Jurong Caspian were subsales - not primary sale.

Caspian
    Address ................................. psf ............... Area .......... Price ............ Contract Date

54 Lakeside Drive #04-20 ...... $929 psf ..... 463 sqft ..... $430,000 ...... 26 Oct 09
    54 Lakeside Drive #04-20 ...... $723 psf ...... 463 sqft ..... $334,000 ...... 26 Feb 09

56 Lakeside Drive #04-28 ...... $929 psf ..... 463 sqft ..... $430,000 ...... 28 Sep 09
    56 Lakeside Drive #04-28 ...... $805 psf ...... 463 sqft ..... $372,000 ........ 2 Mar 09

At suburbs like Jurong, Yishun, Simei, the psf price is almost always linked to rental yield. 2009 Q3 Lakeshore medium rental is 3.53 psf per month (i.e. 1000psf will fetch 3,530 per month), almost the same as Queens. In comparison, Tropical Spring in Simei rental is only 2.5 psf pm. Probably demand from mainland Chinese academics teaching in NTU.

You are quite right. A lot of these foreigners working in jurong would actually like to live there regardless of the fact that the location sucks. I do not think a lot of these foreigners are aware that jurong in blacklisted as an industrial town unless they do not mind living near factories and get to smell tobacco, cocoa and petrochemical fumes etc in the air firsthand.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    At suburbs like Jurong, Yishun, Simei, the psf price is almost always linked to rental yield. 2009 Q3 Lakeshore medium rental is 3.53 psf per month (i.e. 1000psf will fetch 3,530 per month), almost the same as Queens. In comparison, Tropical Spring in Simei rental is only 2.5 psf pm. Probably demand from mainland Chinese academics teaching in NTU.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    You are quite right. A lot of these foreigners working in jurong would actually like to live there regardless of the fact that the location sucks. I do not think a lot of these foreigners are aware that jurong in blacklisted as an industrial town unless they do not mind living near factories and get to smell tobacco, cocoa and petrochemical fumes etc in the air firsthand.
    i think u are an anti-jurong people. u keep talking down on jurong area. are u saying that those people who live in jurong are fools or are half dead becos of the smell. if jurong is so bad then how about those people who stay there for decade. are those people now suffering for some kind of disease? every people has there own preference, if u don like that area, tats yr own view but u are in no position to talk down that area. if jurong is so bad how about centris who is holding the high price steadily. please offer more constructive view on each project rather than picking on the same point and talk n talk n talk.....no hard feeling please

Selling price will range between 750 - 1000psf with the average falling around 850psf. There will be more smaller units than earlier planned which will touch 1000psf.

people who live there are not fools, they are just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    i think u are an anti-jurong people. u keep talking down on jurong area. are u saying that those people who live in jurong are fools or are half dead becos of the smell. if jurong is so bad then how about those people who stay there for decade. are those people now suffering for some kind of disease? every people has there own preference, if u don like that area, tats yr own view but u are in no position to talk down that area. if jurong is so bad how about centris who is holding the high price steadily. please offer more constructive view on each project rather than picking on the same point and talk n talk n talk.....no hard feeling please

Condo Watch I
    The Estuary
    H88
    Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 16:35

It won't be long till we say goodbye to 2009. What a crazy year we've had! Now that the property frenzy has died down and everyone's had a breather, let's all look ahead to 2010 and see what it has in store for us. We've highlighted four major mass market condos that should be your die-die-must-visit list.

Here's the first of four in our Condo Watch 2010 series.

The Estuary - An Overview

This 99-year leasehold condo bought for a record high price in 2007 had been expected to launch this year, but for reasons unknown, nothing came to pass. But the word on the street is come January/February next year, MCL Land's condo facing Lower Seletar Reservoir would be ready for liftoff.

Lease: 99 years
    Developer: MCL Land
    District: 27
    Amount paid: $213.5m
    Estimated number of units: 608
    Estimated price: $830 - $900 psf

The reservoir view would be the main draw for most buyers. It’s quite amazing (see video below). The other attraction would be the proximity to Khatib MRT and the shops around the area. Yishun MRT and Northpoint is a quick bus ride away too.

We found this on YouTube of all places! It's a view taken from Blk 816 Yishun St 81.
    Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR0xcbhmOHQ

What We Think

A condo hasn’t been launched in Yishun for a while so The Estuary could see some demand from HDB upgraders in that area, though the price might prove a turn-off for the budget conscious. Let’s hope the delayed launch gives MCL Land more time to create a winning development.

Default The most awaited waterfront living by the north@Yishun!Launching Soon!

608 units

HigH rise , 15-17 storey

1 - 4 bedrooms!

Breathtaking Reservoir view & Greenery View

1 Bedroom 6XX sqft...

North South Facing

Amenties/MRT/North Point.Shopping Centre/

School

Sms at 90686016 for more updated details

and register for VVIP Preview

Default Launching soon! D27 The Estuary @ Yishun Avenue 1/2

THE MOST AWAITED
    WATERFRONT LIVING
    BY THE NORTH

Join The Estuary Facebook Page. Click below.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Singap...y/298510971412

MCL Land was recently awarded the HDB site at Yishun Avenue 1 and Avenue 2. Spanning a land area of 290,077 sq ft, the leasehold site in the well-developed Yishun Town offers a breathtakingly unobstructed view of Lower Seletar Reservoir. Only a 10-minute walk from Khatib MRT Station, transportation convenience is further enhanced by its accessibility to major arterial roads and expressways such as Seletar Expressway and Central Expressway. Recreational amenities in the vicinity consist of the Town Centre, Yishun Sports Complex and North Point Shopping Centre, and well-known schools in the neighbourhood include Peiying Primary School, Chung Cheng High School and Yishun Junior College.

Preview coming soon. Book an appointment early to avoid disappointment.

The Estuary Hotline: +65-92993342
    Home Page: http://iPropertyFacebook.com

Sms at 90686016 for more updated details

and register for VVIP Preview

More Updating details coming Up!

Quote Originally Posted by richardsng_era
    THE MOST AWAITED
    WATERFRONT LIVING
    BY THE NORTH

MCL Land was recently awarded the HDB site at Yishun Avenue 1 and Avenue 2. Spanning a land area of 290,077 sq ft, the leasehold site in the well-developed Yishun Town offers a breathtakingly unobstructed view of Lower Seletar Reservoir. Only a 10-minute walk from Khatib MRT Station, transportation convenience is further enhanced by its accessibility to major arterial roads and expressways such as Seletar Expressway and Central Expressway. Recreational amenities in the vicinity consist of the Town Centre, Yishun Sports Complex and North Point Shopping Centre, and well-known schools in the neighbourhood include Peiying Primary School, Chung Cheng High School and Yishun Junior College.

Preview coming soon. Book an appointment early to avoid disappointment.

The Estuary Hotline: +65-92993342
    Home Page: http://iPropertyFacebook.com

So whats the price range for a 3 bedroom unit ?

Any floor plan and site plan available? They have started construction already. Wonder if they have some sort of sky garden so that all residents can enjoy the nice view regardless of which floor they live in.

Received flyers on my car today.
    Starting from $8++

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Hu
    Received flyers on my car today.
    Starting from $8++
    Strangely, I have registered our interest with the developer but the developer has not contacted us at all. Are they marketing the units through agents via preview to people out of Yishun and then followed by those living in Yishun. Looks like some kind of strategy to me.

$8xx... studios should be flying off the shelf since quantum is low... KTP foreign talent congregate over there? Shall wait and see.

Frankly speaking, I find the reservoir view here very calming and nice, better than the view from pinnacle @ duxton sky bridge where all u can see are buildings and more buildings.

But I doubt those studios will get such views, most probably reserved for those 3bedrooms and 4bedrooms units.

800+psf??? another one of those randomly priced projects. which i won't be surprised will still have people snapping them up for reasons only known to them. beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder is the only logical explanation.

Default So who wanna pool

So who wanna pool monies together and buy together? Just asking, no flame intended.