Page 76 of 97 FirstFirst ... 46515661667172737475767778798081869196 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 2881

Thread: The Estuary

Quote Originally Posted by laomai
    Ok, I have changed the name to the estuarians!
    New link is https://www.facebook.com/estuarians

(reminds me of centurion )
    Congrats! a new race is born

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    did you have whole day to knock and check tiles, check scratches, check doors and hinges, and everything ?
    mine is a small unit only so i knocked the tiles.. all good

so far doors and windows all ok.. found 2 things on my unit :
    - there is a metal part underneath the kitchen cabinet that not installed properly.
    - there is a white color spot on the balcony wall that supposed to be a purple color

i havent check all the light/electrical points, maybe will check on saturday

should we crate a list on what things that we need to check?

Quote Originally Posted by streamium70
    i am still waiting for the pincode. will they send a mail to you to inform or you have to call them?
    sent you a PM bro! please check

Quote Originally Posted by TheEstuary
    sent you a PM bro! please check
    thanks. the pincode is in the lawyer's letter. key collection is next thursday

mine is a small unit only so i knocked the tiles.. all good

so far doors and windows all ok.. found 2 things on my unit :
    - there is a metal part underneath the kitchen cabinet that not installed properly.
    - there is a white color spot on the balcony wall that supposed to be a purple color

i havent check all the light/electrical points, maybe will check on saturday

should we crate a list on what things that we need to check?
    I actually thought they provided a check list since suppose to be joint inspection

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    I actually thought they provided a check list since suppose to be joint inspection
    the only provide the list of items that we should get it during the handover.

for defect, we should check on our own

Default THE ESTUARY - T.O.P. 01/04/2013

All Estuarian Bros/Siss
    For those who have collected keys to your unit, congratulation !!!
    I haven't collect mine becos just came back from overseas...got my lawyer's letter and start to follow up with the collection of keys to my unit.
    Can anyone please advise if the termination end point is installed in the unit for the fibre connection ?
    Did the developer give us a form for application of the utilities account opening ?
    Maint. fees can pay via GIRO ?
    Have u guys start using the condo's factilities...tennis court...BBQ...swimming lap pool...and how is it ?
    Thanks Bro THE ESTUARY...nice pics taken within the condo's compound...

welcome back bro!
    i try to answer one by one
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTUARY GUNDU
    All Estuarian Bros/Siss
    For those who have collected keys to your unit, congratulation !!!
    I haven't collect mine becos just came back from overseas...got my lawyer's letter and start to follow up with the collection of keys to my unit.
    Can anyone please advise if the termination end point is installed in the unit for the fibre connection ?
    yes.. termination end point is already installed. located in kitchen area.

Did the developer give us a form for application of the utilities account opening ?
    yes, they prepare 2 forms.. spservices and singtel. but for city gas we have to do it by ourself.
    i applied the spservices by myself 1 week ago but i put my activation on 2nd may.
    the electricity on my unit is still ON now, and paid by developer

Maint. fees can pay via GIRO ?
    i didnt ask this. but, main fees will be paid in 3 months basis.

Have u guys start using the condo's factilities...tennis court...BBQ...swimming lap pool...and how is it ?
    last nite, 830pm i went in, and sit inside the reading room since the aircon is on (while the weather was hot). nice and comfort.. inside got LED Smart TV, i guess 46 or 55 inch.
    other facilites i havent tried. but seems all ready.

Wink

welcome back bro!
    i try to answer one by one

yes.. termination end point is already installed. located in kitchen area.

yes, they prepare 2 forms.. spservices and singtel. but for city gas we have to do it by ourself.
    i applied the spservices by myself 1 week ago but i put my activation on 2nd may.
    the electricity on my unit is still ON now, and paid by developer

i didnt ask this. but, main fees will be paid in 3 months basis.

last nite, 830pm i went in, and sit inside the reading room since the aircon is on (while the weather was hot). nice and comfort.. inside got LED Smart TV, i guess 46 or 55 inch.
    other facilites i havent tried. but seems all ready.
    Hey
    Can you help me check what is the color of the tile at the balcony area? Same as main hall? Or different color tile?
    Tks Bro

Quote Originally Posted by kQ
    Hey
    Can you help me check what is the color of the tile at the balcony area? Same as main hall? Or different color tile?
    Tks Bro
    if i remember correctly, its different color..
    i can check for you tomorrow tonight will be back home late so it will be too late to walk again to estuary

How's the ceiling height like? From the pics provided I estimate maybe 2.55m?

Am back from key collection!
    Posted interior pictures and Q&A at the estuarians facebook page.
    Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/estuarians

Very angry that the MA says NO grilles allowed at the balcony. Not even invisible grilles as it can damage the water proofing. This is ridiculous as safety should be of paramount importance given that this is a family oriented condo and there is such a big balcony.

Those who are concerned about the safety of your kids, please join me to provide feedback to the MA. If they can standardise on the type of grilles, at least it will look nicer without compromising on safety.

Quote Originally Posted by greenteaman
    Bro The Estuary,
    Did they mentioned on the grills or invisible types that we can install at the balcony?
    I intend to put non transparent window flims on the both bathroom, I find it not practical to have big pieces windows at toilet unless all are facing sea view which only visible to flying objects and also incurred unwanted expenses.

Very angry that the MA says NO grilles allowed at the balcony. Not even invisible grilles as it can damage the water proofing. This is ridiculous as safety should be of paramount importance given that this is a family oriented condo and there is such a big balcony.

Those who are concerned about the safety of your kids, please join me to provide feedback to the MA. If they can standardise on the type of grilles, at least it will look nicer without compromising on safety.
    Hi Bro
    maybe shall we write to the relevant authorities like BCA/URA to seek clarifications with them before confronting the MA or developer ?I think this is really too absurd for them to go against with,especially family with young children !If MA or the developer still object to it,see MP !

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    How's the ceiling height like? From the pics provided I estimate maybe 2.55m?
    2.55 is low for a condo...should be higher right?

Hi Bro
    maybe shall we write to the relevant authorities like BCA/URA to seek clarifications with them before confronting the MA or developer ?I think this is really too absurd for them to go against with,especially family with young children !If MA or the developer still object to it,see MP !
    Just show this one to them, official letter:
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/forum/2012/forum12-08.html

Quote Originally Posted by dare2
    2.55 is low for a condo...should be higher right?
    Ya I realized the doors are taller than usual ones as you can see the door knob is on the bottom half of the door rather than right in mid height level. So perhaps 2.75m

Measured yesterday but rather inaccurately as I didn't have a tape measure.
    It's about 2.7m.

Ya I realized the doors are taller than usual ones as you can see the door knob is on the bottom half of the door rather than right in mid height level. So perhaps 2.75m

Thanks bro! Will print out and show them!

Just show this one to them, official letter:
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/forum/2012/forum12-08.html

if concern is drilling on the floor, perhaps there are types which does not need drilling on the floor? at least those half height one should be allowed. or those that run wall to wall horizontally.

door frame should be quite standard right? else it will be a nightmare if ppl want to change door..

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...estuary-yishun

the Stack 02 put up for sale... can see the nice scenery but will you bite the price without any reno?

Hi Bro
    MP and BCA can't and will not do anything. MA and developer will also unlikely do anything. Have to wait for 2 years for the Management Council is set up and a resolution can be put up for approval at AGM to allow grilles at balcony.
    Personally I will only push for invisible grilles as any other kind of grilles will mess up the look of the condo and in the longer term affect the value of your investment.

No grills pls only invisible one. U might be over worrying....unless u left small kids at home without anyone looking after.

If it affects the water proofing, can't they add an extra strip of concrete at the edge to anchor the bottom end of the tension wire so that it doesn't affect the original water proofing layer.

That extra strip of concrete is unlikely to change the load factor by much.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...estuary-yishun

the Stack 02 put up for sale... can see the nice scenery but will you bite the price without any reno?
    2 beders asking for 1.3 mil? Estuary's owners ...Haut ah..!

I could be over-worrying but that's much better than a lifetime of regret.
    There has been accidents before and it's not because there's no one at home.
    list of articles from Google search

I agree that aesthetics are important. Due to this, I am fine with invisible grilles. I am just angry that MCL Land did not approve any grilles. In the end, safety conscious owners will install a myriad of designs (at their own risk of non compliance) and we will have a rojak facade.

Quote Originally Posted by gosperence
    No grills pls only invisible one. U might be over worrying....unless u left small kids at home without anyone looking after.

I could be over-worrying but that's much better than a lifetime of regret.
    There has been accidents before and it's not because there's no one at home.
    list of articles from Google search

I agree that aesthetics are important. Due to this, I am fine with invisible grilles. I am just angry that MCL Land did not approve any grilles. In the end, safety conscious owners will install a myriad of designs (at their own risk of non compliance) and we will have a rojak facade.
    Bro, you are not over worry. We can educate daily to our kids not to do this do that at balcony etc but not to our dear friends/ colleagues kids. Certain matters can be compromise but not at stake of a life safety. No one can be responsible for others.

really surprised that such a renowned developer has not anticipated and provided for to owners who need balcony grilles when the balcony is so big and expected to be part of the living space!!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar
    door frame should be quite standard right? else it will be a nightmare if ppl want to change door..
    That's what I thought but looking at the door knobs these are upsized ones.