Page 77 of 97 FirstFirst ... 475257626772737475767778798081828792 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 2881

Thread: The Estuary

there is Megatex sale in expo. i want to get refrigerator and washing machine. however , i still haven't gotten any floor plan with exact measurement. i wonder what is the suitable size of the refrigerator and washing machine should i get for a single bedroom ?

Quote Originally Posted by uzone
    there is Megatex sale in expo. i want to get refrigerator and washing machine. however , i still haven't gotten any floor plan with exact measurement. i wonder what is the suitable size of the refrigerator and washing machine should i get for a single bedroom ?
    Wait for GSS for better lobang and can get exact measurements by then

Quote Originally Posted by laomai
    I could be over-worrying but that's much better than a lifetime of regret.
    There has been accidents before and it's not because there's no one at home.
    list of articles from Google search

I agree that aesthetics are important. Due to this, I am fine with invisible grilles. I am just angry that MCL Land did not approve any grilles. In the end, safety conscious owners will install a myriad of designs (at their own risk of non compliance) and we will have a rojak facade.

I have an active toddler at home and will not risk his life lor...see what happen to recent case of 2-yr old dropping down balcony and died.

I will support appeal / demand for invisible grilles to be approved

Quote Originally Posted by fluffyboy
    I have an active toddler at home and will not risk his life lor...see what happen to recent case of 2-yr old dropping down balcony and died.

I will support appeal / demand for invisible grilles to be approved
    How abt a grill at the inside facing side of the balcony doors?

Depth of bedroom wardrobe on the floor plan is about 60cm. You can measure from there and short list the appliances but suggest u wait for the real thing before buying since you cannot tell the exact height of the wall cabinets above the fridge if any and most importantly floor plans do change a little bit subjected to URA building plan approvals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    machiam prison sia...

from the pix, no problem for the fridge.. but you need to be careful for the washing machine as there is a kitchen top..

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...estuary-yishun

Ya I realized the doors are taller than usual ones as you can see the door knob is on the bottom half of the door rather than right in mid height level. So perhaps 2.75m
    Bro, to be exact, it is 2.77m. Took a measuring tape to measure when I collected the keys today.

Quote Originally Posted by Alovy
    Bro, to be exact, it is 2.77m. Took a measuring tape to measure when I collected the keys today.
    minus 15 cm for false ceiling still got 2.62m

to be fair, the best child safety is to have grilles installed behind the glass sliding doors. then you can leave the glass doors opened for wind to come in while ensuring that no child can go to the balcony. why would any parent leave his toddler out in a balcony? if there's no restriction on facade, the development will look like those old HUDC developments with balconies. take a drive along Lor Chuan and you'll get a pretty good idea on what i'm saying. is it really true that they don't allow invisible grilles to be installed? why? did they give any reasons?
    just my 2 cents worth....

The reason given against invisible grills is that the anchor point will puncture the water proofing layer.

Quote Originally Posted by pocoyo05
    is it really true that they don't allow invisible grilles to be installed? why? did they give any reasons?
    just my 2 cents worth....

The reason given against invisible grills is that the anchor point will puncture the water proofing layer.
    just passed by earlier on and noticed that the LED lights are no longer there! i wonder what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...estuary-yishun

the Stack 02 put up for sale... can see the nice scenery but will you bite the price without any reno?
    This unit is amongst best of the best !!
    The 2 bedder layout offered in estuary is also amongst the best of all recent projects. Just one short coming ... I prefer to look down at a blue lagoon ... instead of a green pond

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    The 2 bedder layout offered in estuary is also amongst the best of all recent projects. Just one short coming ... I prefer to look down at a blue lagoon ... instead of a green pond
    A glimpse of what skies Miltonia view would looks like, but SM looks slightly cheaper

A glimpse of what skies Miltonia view would looks like, but SM looks slightly cheaper
    expected since here you get to be much closer to MRT, neighborhood mall, can walk over to parks, community facilities, etc etc
    believe Katib will get to have some future developments too
    1.3 for this 2 bedder is about there

expected since here you get to be much closer to MRT, neighborhood mall, can walk over to parks, community facilities, etc etc
    believe Katib will get to have some future developments too
    1.3 for this 2 bedder is about there
    The park is too small.. if there is event there, it will b noisy. I was there last month and the sound of loud speaker reflects btw the buildings . Unlike bedok reservoirs, it has big enough park for jogging or stroll and future mrt just next door.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar
    The park is too small.. if there is event there, it will b noisy. I was there last month and the sound of loud speaker reflects btw the buildings . Unlike bedok reservoirs, it has big enough park for jogging or stroll and future mrt just next door.
    park wise here has bottle tree park too all within walking distance the bedok ones are great too

Remaining blocks released.

The view that others can only dream of....

this stack looks good, any west sun?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    this stack looks good, any west sun?
    Stack 02 is the best stack with views but no west sun.

Can't wait for mine, Blk 95 stack 26

Last night spoke to the invisible grill sales guy at Expo. He said the anchor point is always the curb and not on the floor itself. (so this point really addresses the water proofing concern.) And anchoring on the rail structure itself (half height) is not advisable and do it at your own risk. Standard gap between grill is 4.5 inches, maximum can go is 6 inches.

Not sure if that will affect the water proofing of the curb too. Wonder if installing it horizontally would address the issue?

If a lot of us ends up doing invisible grille, we should organise a group buy!

Last night spoke to the invisible grill sales guy at Expo. He said the anchor point is always the curb and not on the floor itself. (so this point really addresses the water proofing concern.) And anchoring on the rail structure itself (half height) is not advisable and do it at your own risk. Standard gap between grill is 4.5 inches, maximum can go is 6 inches.

does half height require drilling into the railing? why not advisable? think half height will look better. thanks

does half height require drilling into the railing? why not advisable? think half height will look better. thanks
    Concern is the railing structure is not as strong as drilling into the curb.

Default Security Issues

1) I saw a worker accessing the side gate (without the access card) by "slipping" his hand through the wide gaps of the fencing and then press the push button in the interior.

2) The stairway route of each block is not secured by the access card. Thus, anyone can gain access into any blocks by using the stairway route even in the absence of the access card.
    Last edited by Spidey; 21-04-13 at 11:27. Reason: Amendment

Not sure if that will affect the water proofing of the curb too. Wonder if installing it horizontally would address the issue?

If a lot of us ends up doing invisible grille, we should organise a group buy!
    Horizontal works only if your balcony has left and right sides with walls. But that's a good idea. Would it be nice if some units horizontal and some vertical invisible grills? Will be quite unsightly if there's no standardization.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey
    1) I saw a worker accessing the side gate (without the access card) by "slipping" his hand through the wide gaps of the fencing and then press the push button in the interior.

2) The stairway route of each block is not secured by the access card. Thus, anyone can gain access into any blocks by using the stairway route even in the absence of the access card.
    Shouldn't have a button in the first place. And the staircase should always lead to ground floor lift lobby and not outside. Whoever design the security is not security conscious.

Hi All,

Please note:

1.There are no proper shelter to your blk frm the MSCP. (Blk 97 & 99)
    2. The basement carpark only serves blk 85 to 91.
    3. No proper walkway to buildings from the main entrance.
    4. No tables and chairs near swimming pool at level 5.

As for security and safety measures certainly do needs improvement.

I hope I will not contribute more cons.