Page 81 of 97 FirstFirst ... 515661667176777879808182838485869196 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 2881

Thread: The Estuary

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer
    tks Twitz

my unit is on the top floor, balcony exposing to the rain and sunshine, so chennai wood is preferred. if your contractor does provide this material, and most importantly, work proves to be satisfactory and price reasonable, i will go for it.
    Top floor = top view! Was wondering why they have slots in the top floor and dont cover them up? When it rains, with roller blind, the rain will still come in. Last Thursday afternoon, there was heavy rain, how's the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by streamium70
    Top floor = top view! Was wondering why they have slots in the top floor and dont cover them up? When it rains, with roller blind, the rain will still come in. Last Thursday afternoon, there was heavy rain, how's the situation?
    Don't know yet. Have not got key. But as long as the waterproofing on the floor and drainage are good, I actually don't mind it opening up to the sky without any cover, as real balcony is supposed to be. Or see it as a roof top space, only problem is it's too small.

Btw, stepping into the unit, does anyone get the feeling that the actual space is smaller then the floor plan?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer
    Don't know yet. Have not got key. But as long as the waterproofing on the floor and drainage are good, I actually don't mind it opening up to the sky without any cover, as real balcony is supposed to be. Or see it as a roof top space, only problem is it's too small.

Btw, stepping into the unit, does anyone get the feeling that the actual space is smaller then the floor plan?
    Hey Bro
    We all paid survey fee before key collection so can those who collected keys confirm if you have received a floorplan with actual dimensions ?
    That will confirm the actual size against plan
    Appreciate if anyone with 3 bedder can send me a copy of actual dimensions
    As my neck is still long waiting for the keys

Quote Originally Posted by kQ
    Hey Bro
    We all paid survey fee before key collection so can those who collected keys confirm if you have received a floorplan with actual dimensions ?
    The only provide the layout (as shown in the brochure) plus other info like lighting point, drainage....but NO actual dimension. I did the measurement together with my ID. The dimension is very very similar to that shown in the brochure.

As to the question whether the house looks smaller than expected, I would say a bit of yes and no. Before entering the house, i have already the estimated dimension of the house (based on ID's input). I also use my current house as a reference to visualise how big/small (unfortunately it is smaller than my current house) the various rooms are. Mentally, I was prepared. Being a conservative guy, I am prepared for the worst but hope for the best. As it turns out, it is more or less what i expected. Note that the rooms are small (although as what i expect) and the living/dinning room are relatively bigger.

till now no floorplan with actual dimension ?

actually i have my floorplan, complete with all the measurement. i got it previously from the contractor on site. on of the manager help me to print the floor plan in A3 paper.

so if anyone on stack 12 wants it, i can make a copy

Hey Bro
    Also need the survey report to confirm if there is any area shortfall for rebate

Smile

With blinds is definitely better than without blinds as it covers 90%
    Of the rain, check this out
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoF5...e_gdata_player

With blinds is definitely better than without blinds as it covers 90%
    Of the rain, check this out
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoF5...e_gdata_player
    after sometime will become dirty and blur

Just a suggestion.

You may want to consider engaging some experienced consultants to check your units upon collecting keys.

There are bound to be defects which the developers had missed out or assumed acceptable. Owners have a few days to inspect and put up defects list to developer.

Do not move in / Do not start renovation until defects have been rectified by developers.

I am suggesting based on experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitz
    I have actually engaged a guy who does decking from processed bamboo... Supposed to be more environmentally friendly and lower maintenance in the long run. Comes with structural warranty... Price seems reasonable and starting work next week.

Will be happy to post pictures and the contact should the workmanship be good. Let you guys know shortly...
    Whatever material used for decking is fine so long as you make sure you do one thing... have access to your planter because there will be problems (insects, pests including spiders, lizards, worms, water drainage choke, dropped coins, mosquitos).

The space needed is subjective. For me i insist on 4 slabs on each end to be removable and yet does not cause uneveness.

I am speaking from experience. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu1245
    The question is whether the condo resident is allowed to change to double glazed glass for new condo? Will the MC allows? I doubt so.....
    Double glazed glass not allowed. Some even disallow window films. However i strongly recommend to proceed window films as the sun can be unbearable or sometimes you want privacy from neighbours.

The security guards would stop the window film suppliers/installers from entering into the condo for obvious reasons. So before the installers go to your place, tell them to inform (if questioned by) the security guards the window film is for inside glass only, not exterior facade.

Hope this is useful.

Default Refrigerator

Would anyone care to share what is the suitable or maximum size for refrigerator to be placed in our kitchen?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Juan
    Would anyone care to share what is the suitable or maximum size for refrigerator to be placed in our kitchen?

Got to take note of space after opening the fridge door. Also the direction of opening - generally fridges open left to right; but you may need the other direction.

Dun forget to check missing soft closing mechanism of cupboards doors, and missing rod handles in kitchen cabinets (compare). And alignment of bd door when closing as well as door alignment.

These are additional often missed areas other than the usual.

Is installation of full height frameless glass panels at the balcony allowed? Does not affect the facade and definitely looks better than those ugly blinds and more effective in sheltering from rain and dust

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Is installation of full height frameless glass panels at the balcony allowed? Does not affect the facade and definitely looks better than those ugly blinds and more effective in sheltering from rain and dust

I wish sooooooo. Got my unit. Damn noisy from road traffic

Quote Originally Posted by gosperence
    the balcony has a sliding door right. close it la.

Part n parcel of living in a (over-crowded) city.

heard that before csc if anything need to change such as allowing frameless panel at balcony is still possible

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    the balcony has a sliding door right. close it la.
    with the balcony sliding door closed, the noise is quite ok.

I doubt those frameless clear window will be allowed. I think it doesnt come cheap as well. I intend to put outdoor blind to block out the sun and most importantly during rain. The other day, when there was rain, it reach into about 50% of the balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Juan
    It depends on the space of the kitchen that you have. Do take note that the sliding door at the kitchen has a width of 78cm. If you have a freight bigger than this, you will need to remove the freight door to go thru'.

Thank you very much

I doubt those frameless clear window will be allowed. I think it doesnt come cheap as well. I intend to put outdoor blind to block out the sun and most importantly during rain. The other day, when there was rain, it reach into about 50% of the balcony.
    Me blk 93 nearest to the road. Was there this afternoon when rain only 10% splashed by water still ok. Guess it's becoz lower floor. The traffic noises disappeared when rain water sound everywhere. Peaceful.
    Saw many landscape area flooded. Many newly planted trees dried out. Sad looking at the condition.

I m not quite used to it yet.

....and live like a fish in an aquarium?

The washing machine space is super small for 3 bedders. I have to source for less than 60mm width one, which meant front-load not an option. Front-load save 40% more waters. Damn developer!

common bedroom also very small. anyone tried to shift the wardrobe in order to place two single beds? seems workable

common bedroom also very small. anyone tried to shift the wardrobe in order to place two single beds? seems workable
    Is impossible to place 2 single beds at common rm.

I custom made the single bed with drawer storage for my common rm. Extended abt 1.5 ft joint from the window bay to free up more space for a small study table next to it. I will post photos for reference once available.

if the room got bay window, you can try lay the part of the bed on the bay window. alternative, can consider pull out bed or double decker. Last option is to convert to sliding wardrobe.

anyone got any price quote for converting to sliding door?