Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 65707580859091929394959697 LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 2881

Thread: The Estuary

Do you mean double glazed sliding door at the balcony?
    Quote Originally Posted by gosperence View Post
    2nd unit installing glass panel on balcony! To block the noise....yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Komo View Post
    yup really a waste, could have been a stunning icon for Yishun and mark a start of modern transformation to the whole neighborhood. in any case, price now hit $1312 psf

yes totally agree

especially it being the first building you see as you exit CTE into Yishun ...

An update on the fibre installation. Successfully set up the router last Saturday. Took only 10mins. No problems with access. Anyone who needs to install, please go ahead and contact your ISP directly.

Quote Originally Posted by laomai View Post
    My termination point was installed without any problem and the tester says that the signal is excellent. My ISP will be coming to install the router this Sat. Will update on that again. Maybe it's due to the Singtel fire.

An update on the fibre installation. Successfully set up the router last Saturday. Took only 10mins. No problems with access. Anyone who needs to install, please go ahead and contact your ISP directly.

Who is your ISP? Opennet said still site issue

Mine is myrepublic. Go direct to the ISP. Opennet totally cannot make it.

Who is your ISP? Opennet said still site issue

Mine is myrepublic. Go direct to the ISP. Opennet totally cannot make it.
    all depend on Opennet right? if opennet not ready, the ISP also can't do anything.. i believe it is block by block issue.. maybe some blocks are still not ready yet.

bad news.
    saw a rat, not a small one, running around at the children pool infront of blk 89 just a few weeks ago.
    the place is so new, no food around ,how could rat be spotted? where it came from?
    had anyone spotted this creature lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer View Post
    bad news.
    saw a rat, not a small one, running around at the children pool infront of blk 89 just a few weeks ago.
    the place is so new, no food around ,how could rat be spotted? where it came from?
    had anyone spotted this creature lately?
    report to the management

Any serious defects?

3rd unit with balcony smartwindows up now.... I am going to challenge mgmt to return my deposit.

I'm amazed by the poor reviews in propertyguru for estuary.

Management office threatening to take action. See link below. Don't like it when they claim to do it for the interest of the residents but they never actually consult us. I will support your case.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

3rd unit with balcony smartwindows up now.... I am going to challenge mgmt to return my deposit.

the bad feng shui is at work?

The installation of glass to the balcony will become GFA. Authority will come after the development.
    Management office threatening to take action. See link below. Don't like it when they claim to do it for the interest of the residents but they never actually consult us. I will support your case.

Quote Originally Posted by solsys View Post
    I'm amazed by the poor reviews in propertyguru for estuary.
    same here, driving by from the outside looks really nice though, esp at night.

it's true about the noise, but then you wonder how those people living along ECP, AYE, PIE and whatever E does it, must surely be noiser.

and noise is one thing, the dust and fumes actually affects the health esp of young children.

Actually URA allows for such installation as long as it complies with the following requirements. Nothing to do with GFA.

Balcony screens can be allowed provided that they comply with the following performance criteria:
    a) The proposed balcony screens allow for natural ventilation within the balcony at all times;
    and
    b) The proposed balcony screen is capable of being drawn open or retracted fully.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    The installation of glass to the balcony will become GFA. Authority will come after the development.

The question is how "permanent". MCST is usually concerned about the general outlook of the place. I believe each owner would have received a handbook by the developer when they collect their keys. The list of do and don't should have reflected this. It goes all the way to the door grilles, etc.
    Actually URA allows for such installation as long as it complies with the following requirements. Nothing to do with GFA.

Balcony screens can be allowed provided that they comply with the following performance criteria:
    a) The proposed balcony screens allow for natural ventilation within the balcony at all times;
    and
    b) The proposed balcony screen is capable of being drawn open or retracted fully.

Actually we never receive any handbook. Did you receive one?

The question is how "permanent". MCST is usually concerned about the general outlook of the place. I believe each owner would have received a handbook by the developer when they collect their keys. The list of do and don't should have reflected this. It goes all the way to the door grilles, etc.

If facade is the concern, they should have banned all blinds, all invisible grills and etc. Some even use plastic blind, wooden blinds, build additional rails, change the purpler color wall on the balcony, wooden deck the balcony ceiling, tiled the pillar with stones, extended bedrooms, just to name a few....lol

no handbook? this is really strange.

I can't believe ppl actually so IGNORANT.....

Condo is community living behind walls, not like HDB whatever big boo boo u do affects your development "reputation" in the end affects your estate prices.

Fight here fight there in the end losers are those whom brought the place.

Default OCC

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73 View Post
    I can't believe ppl actually so IGNORANT.....

Condo is community living behind walls, not like HDB whatever big boo boo u do affects your development "reputation" in the end affects your estate prices.

Fight here fight there in the end losers are those whom brought the place.
    It is better to sort out during the first year where developer's mgmt team is still around. After 1st year, even harder to enforce anything.

Hi everyone.
    Am staying at stack 24. Been staying there since Aug2013. So far so good.
    Heard and read a lot about the noise level at those reservoir facing units.
    Have you guys checked the sliding glass doors at the balcony?
    Notice that the centre pieces can still move after locking. At certain position, the rubber seal is not seating onto the frame. The rubber seal they use is also too thin.
    If these seals are working properly, believe the noise level can be brought down significantly. Try installing additional rubber seal, might be a cheap solution...

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick818 View Post
    Hi everyone.
    Notice that the centre pieces can still move after locking. At certain position, the rubber seal is not seating onto the frame.
    If these seals are working properly, believe the noise level can be brought down significantly.
    I don't stay at Estuary. But I am a regular jogger at the nearby stadium behind.
    Even at that distance, I can already already hear the irritating road noise.
    It is almost non stop especially the noise coming from lorries and motorbikes.
    I really wonder how the people at Estuary can endure.

I tried installing additional seals. No difference. The seals are working properly and cut down the noise significantly. Just that still can hear the noise especially at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick818 View Post
    Hi everyone.
    Notice that the centre pieces can still move after locking. At certain position, the rubber seal is not seating onto the frame. The rubber seal they use is also too thin.
    If these seals are working properly, believe the noise level can be brought down significantly. Try installing additional rubber seal, might be a cheap solution...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by GIG View Post
    I don't stay at Estuary. But I am a regular jogger at the nearby stadium behind.
    Even at that distance, I can already already hear the irritating road noise.
    It is almost non stop especially the noise coming from lorries and motorbikes.
    I really wonder how the people at Estuary can endure.
    why not ? Of course I can endure... I LOVE THIS CONDO !!! this is where my home my house is...if you treat those noise irritating to u...u will feel miserable ! 心靜自然涼!!!Anyway u are not staying here....

Quote Originally Posted by ESTUARY GUNDU View Post
    why not ? Of course I can endure... I LOVE THIS CONDO !!! this is where my home my house is...if you treat those noise irritating to u...u will feel miserable ! 心靜自然涼!!!Anyway u are not staying here....
    SWEE

Quote Originally Posted by ESTUARY GUNDU View Post
    Yep, true.. After a couple of months, I have also gotten use to the noise. In fact on a few nights after late night partying, kenna banned by wife from bedroom end up sleeping on the balcony. No problem to sleep at all, except wake up with some dragonflies next to me

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by DoNotDisturb View Post
    Yep, true.. After a couple of months, I have also gotten use to the noise. In fact on a few nights after late night partying, kenna banned by wife from bedroom end up sleeping on the balcony. No problem to sleep at all, except wake up with some dragonflies next to me
    Exactly bro...it's so peaceful & quite during the late nite...maybe occasionally speeding motors here & there...but I believe the children can still take it!
    Before we bought this condo, we already knew the traffic stituation here, why then now complain & complain....complain to LTA...NEA...MGT OFFICE...bra bra bra...si peh siah!
    LEARN HOW TO LOVE & APPRECIATE THIS CONDO - THE ESTUARY!!! IF U CANNOT TAHAN THE NOISE...THEN SELL IT OFF!!!
    i