Page 35 of 97 FirstFirst ... 51015202530313233343536373839404550556065 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 2881

Thread: The Estuary

How is the morning and evening traffic around that area?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    You mean behind Miltonia. My only concern for this area is the location. It is REALLY far from the MRT or eateries. Speaking from experience because I stay nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I was at the preview, that unit was rejected and I was offered for it, but at that time around 800k for a 2 bedroom unit was unheard of and was ultra expensive.

For the view, it's definitely worth it and will have no lack of 2nd buyers...

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    How is the morning and evening traffic around that area?
    Lentor is quite jammed at the moment during peak hours.... non peak is a breeze..... can race coz it's a long stretch......

If you are buying for the future, then there will be a few roads leading into Yishun.....

1) Yishun Ave 6/7 cutting through Seletar Aerospace,
    2) NS expressway,
    3) Lentor,
    4) Sembawang road (Mandai / Thomson)......

http://www.estuary.com.sg/

Stack 2 has one of the best view of the whole development + direct underground carpark access.

Anyway I shall wait for the plot infront of miltonia residences, should be up for sale later this month from hdb.
    http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p....onia+Close.pdf
    http://www.myhometown.sg/Forum/tabid...4/Default.aspx

similar view but will be better.

Update 16th Oct 2011.

Thumbs up

Update 16th Oct 2011.
    Thanks for the update...

Using azeoprop pic, I did a panaroma...

Nice...

6th floor can still see reservoir (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    6th floor can still see reservoir (?)
    I don't see why not since the development is build on elevated ground... Unless you bought the stadium facing stacks...

Question

Hi all
    I am seriously considering a unit in estuary and did some homework to ascertain the noise level at yishun avenue one
    At 6th level of the block next to estuary blk 816, the noise was extremely loud with on coming trucks and motorbikes , moving up to 11th floor the noise seems a little better but is still considered noisy
    Do estuary owners have such concerns on potential noise lever especially those stacks nearer the road?
    Seek your views and advise, would noise be a big concern that will disturb our sleep:
    Tks

It's fine if your unit is facing the sport complex field. Those facing the reservoir are too near the main road. And tha section is heavy traffic in the evening and morning.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

It's fine if your unit is facing the sport complex field. Those facing the reservoir are too near the main road. And tha section is heavy traffic in the evening and morning.
    the side facing the sports complex will have the sharp pointed structure of the spectator stand in the view...

Beats me why it's sold completely.

probably people in yishun hadn't seen a brand new condo that they can upgrade to in a long time.

Want view but got noise...no best of both worlds...

But the big balcony will shield off noise from living area right Mayb that the use of big balcony

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    But the big balcony will shield off noise from living area right Mayb that the use of big balcony
    Its very common for MCL to have big big balcony which I still dont know why.
    Have seen it in alot of their projects.

all sold cos its the first new project in the north area for a long long time and its facing the reservoir.

Quote Originally Posted by kQ
    Hi all
    I am seriously considering a unit in estuary and did some homework to ascertain the noise level at yishun avenue one
    At 6th level of the block next to estuary blk 816, the noise was extremely loud with on coming trucks and motorbikes , moving up to 11th floor the noise seems a little better but is still considered noisy
    Do estuary owners have such concerns on potential noise lever especially those stacks nearer the road?
    Seek your views and advise, would noise be a big concern that will disturb our sleep:
    Tks
    noise will definitely be a concern for me. I sold off mine due to noise. It was very quiet the time when I bou it. Even the construction period was not that disturbing but after a while, the traffic starts coming and increasing, it was unbearable.

Maybe the double glazed window would help a little but you have to bear with it 24h/7day.

Get a pool unit instead. High floor maybe shield off the noise from what i read from the the expert. bus stop noise n bikers' noise will be the worst.

Question

In general , noise travels upwards , so the higher it is , the noisy it gets
    When I was doing my survey there , I meet 2 residents staying in HDB 816 He told me the noise gets worst in the middle of the night when crazy bikers ramp rrrrrr...and race along that road during the weekends ,it's unbearable also in the wee morning when loads of heavy trucks carrying constructions materials goes roaring in.he told me he is getting a new place and will move out once the new place is ready.He specifically said the view is perfect but not the noise as it disturbed her daughters sleep in the night

Now I am in a delinma to buy or not to buy !

Enjoy the view with either closing window and turn on aircon or to bear with the noise. IMO, will not buy. Noise can affect one's wellbeing w/o knowing.
    In general , noise travels upwards , so the higher it is , the noisy it gets
    When I was doing my survey there , I meet 2 residents staying in HDB 816 He told me the noise gets worst in the middle of the night when crazy bikers ramp rrrrrr...and race along that road during the weekends ,it's unbearable also in the wee morning when loads of heavy trucks carrying constructions materials goes roaring in.he told me he is getting a new place and will move out once the new place is ready.He specifically said the view is perfect but not the noise as it disturbed her daughters sleep in the night

Now I am in a delinma to buy or not to buy !

Thanks for all your opinions
    All the 3bedders with 1302 sf faces the road and is sold out and I wonder if it's me being over sensative to the noise or the rest who brought the 3 bedders did not do a check on the noise level as the developer marketed it as reservoir view with serene environment which could be a mis interpretations

I hope who ever brought the 3 bedder facing the road , please make an effort to go to the site or next blk816 to ascertain the noise level and make an objective judgement on the noise level especially in the night

More comments after the site visit is appreciated, tks

kQ: What is the main reason which made u interested in this development?

Thanks for all your opinions
    All the 3bedders with 1302 sf faces the road and is sold out and I wonder if it's me being over sensative to the noise or the rest who brought the 3 bedders did not do a check on the noise level as the developer marketed it as reservoir view with serene environment which could be a mis interpretations

I hope who ever brought the 3 bedder facing the road , please make an effort to go to the site or next blk816 to ascertain the noise level and make an objective judgement on the noise level especially in the night

More comments after the site visit is appreciated, tks

Actually it is not important what others deem as noisy, acceptable or otherwise.

What is more important is how it matters to you. It may be more fruitful for you to go there at different hours round the clock to assess the situation yourself and how you react to it; no point for those vested to reassess. If you like it or can stand the sound (loud or otherwise), then buy it; else dun or get another facing.

There are many pros and cons to this project which have been thoroughly ventilated in this thread. Try going through all of them. Hope you can make that correct decision, just consult your inner voice and dun look back.

Hey lifeline , cool answer .just follow your heart and gut feel.tks

The reason to look for a unit there is to be near.MIL ,to look after the kids
    And estuary is the newest and quickest to TOP .the facilities is more modern and cool compared to the rest of condo in yishun. This is also walking distance to khatib mrt .
    Now noise is the only concern.home is the place to relax and unwind .it could be a mistake if you buy as imagined to be a serene environment with reservoir view and end up a noisy environment of traffic noise

To be honest, I live nearby. I mean really nearby. I have already said it. Traffic is bad in the morning and evening. Those racers still love this stretch of the road because they can race down towards the reservior dam at night. Otherwise, you just enjoy the view. You can see very far. AMK used to be just point blocks but it has many tall buildings now. In fact, Centro has blocked the fireworks portion. Congrats Centro owners. You block my view.

Ask Mr Lui to install speed reduction gadgets here. Rider will not come here,

Mr Lui needs to go undercover and get his communications people to secretly take photo and post on STOMP!!

Mr Lui needs to go undercover and get his communications people to secretly take photo and post on STOMP!!
    Put one speed camera there and fine a few fellas. But after that, maybe you end of with even worse jams...

Just talk to the MP: Dr Muhammad Faishal who is in real estate. Sure he can resolve it if it.