Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 5257626772777879808182838485868792 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 2881

Thread: The Estuary

Quote Originally Posted by gosperence
    Me blk 93 nearest to the road. Was there this afternoon when rain only 10% splashed by water still ok. Guess it's becoz lower floor. The traffic noises disappeared when rain water sound everywhere. Peaceful.
    Saw many landscape area flooded. Many newly planted trees dried out. Sad looking at the condition.
    which floor are you at? Can see the resoviour?

Quote Originally Posted by greenteaman
    Is impossible to place 2 single beds at common rm.

I custom made the single bed with drawer storage for my common rm. Extended abt 1.5 ft joint from the window bay to free up more space for a small study table next to it. I will post photos for reference once available.
    from the drawing, for the one at the balcony may still be possible if the wardrobe is shifted to the other side such as between door and balcony.

for those thinking of installing windows at the balcony, got a quote and the price is really really high....Mine is a 4BR and the estimated price is $15k.

Quote Originally Posted by streamium70
    for those thinking of installing windows at the balcony, got a quote and the price is really really high....Mine is a 4BR and the estimated price is $15k.
    Can install windows at balcony meh? did u not being informed by developer that u r not ALLOWED to chg the external facade look of the condo? U better check it out.

COndo n HDB different rules.
    Just Do It! 要拼才会赢!

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Part n parcel of living in a (over-crowded) city.
    no, part n parcel of living in a road facing unit

Luckily for me, I'm almost immune to the noise, haha. If you're very affected by it, get thicker blinds / curtains and close the windows if need be.

Btw, I noticed the mgmt has made the fencing gap smaller at the area nearer the internal lock/unlock button at the side gate. And the stairway door of the blocks has also been locked out from the outside. Another area for improvement in terms of security should be the fencing around the signage at the road junction.

I m not quite used to it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberknight
    Can install windows at balcony meh? did u not being informed by developer that u r not ALLOWED to chg the external facade look of the condo? U better check it out.

COndo n HDB different rules.
    last time even decking and blinds not allowed. residents have to fight for it

The washing machine space is super small for 3 bedders. I have to source for less than 60mm width one, which meant front-load not an option. Front-load save 40% more waters. Damn developer!
    What was the actual width?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    What was the actual width?
    About 600mm or 610mm. Found a solution to use front-load washing machine. Stack the machine up with four rubber holder high enough from the side kerb of the peripheral tiles & the water outlet pipe. Then the washing machine can go in.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    last time even decking and blinds not allowed. residents have to fight for it
    I will keep the planter to plant some flowers & herbs to filter dust & noises too....Blinds for 3 bedders & 4 bedders came close to $3k....expensive.

Default Hacking of kitchen's toilet

We r thinking of hacking away the kitchen's toilet to make way for a dish washer. Anyone thinking of doing the same ?

Btw, they are supposed to use matt surface tile on the wall facing kitchen cabinets with better quality instead of current white smooth tile wall. This is different from showroom.

Quote Originally Posted by AntZZZZ
    We r thinking of hacking away the kitchen's toilet to make way for a dish washer. Anyone thinking of doing the same ?
    U r not allowed to hack away toilet floor for think is first 5 yrs. once hacked, waterproof layer gone, developer's warranty for floor leaking gone too. Owner be responsible.
    Just Do It! 要拼才会赢!

About 600mm or 610mm. Found a solution to use front-load washing machine. Stack the machine up with four rubber holder high enough from the side kerb of the peripheral tiles & the water outlet pipe. Then the washing machine can go in.
    That's a smart idea!

Is a good idea! Can I know where you can get these rubber holders?

Quote Originally Posted by AntZZZZ
    i was thinking of doing the same, to convert kitchen toilet into storeroom (another development). but decided not to, as it may affect resale and also, rather keep those things there and convert to storeroom as it is.

you might want to consider a work around solution instead. i'm quite sure it is possible, just how much you want to compromise.
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

I will keep the planter to plant some flowers & herbs to filter dust & noises too....Blinds for 3 bedders & 4 bedders came close to $3k....expensive.
    For me, the outdoor blinds are mainly for sun and rain.

For me, the outdoor blinds are mainly for sun and rain.

I used Henry recommended by the developer. Cost for two bathrooms came to $490. For balcony, not going to install anything but I use the same material for the AC ledge there....the blind will roll down, i'm going to hang laundry there. When everyone out I don't afraid of rain splashing. I am 3 bedders type. Only want to roll-down as next unit can see from their balcony not nice.

Found a solution to reduce street level noise. Use velvet curtain. Cut noise by 40%. Super thick though.....and of course not cheap.
    I called sound proof sliding doors expert they said will cause the sliding door thicker to about 5 inches since installation done inside. This cut noise up to 65% & 3 pieces of sliding doors in bedroom is about $3K. Velvet curtain is about $650 per bedroom (single track, no day curtain).

I used Henry recommended by the developer. Cost for two bathrooms came to $490. For balcony, not going to install anything but I use the same material for the AC ledge there....the blind will roll down, i'm going to hang laundry there. When everyone out I don't afraid of rain splashing. I am 3 bedders type. Only want to roll-down as next unit can see from their balcony not nice.

Found a solution to reduce street level noise. Use velvet curtain. Cut noise by 40%. Super thick though.....and of course not cheap.
    I called sound proof sliding doors expert they said will cause the sliding door thicker to about 5 inches since installation done inside. This cut noise up to 65% & 3 pieces of sliding doors in bedroom is about $3K. Velvet curtain is about $650 per bedroom (single track, no day curtain).
    Hi, can share the curtain contact.

Quote Originally Posted by sgp_condo
    Hi, can share the curtain contact.
    Any curtain experts have it. Or used Henry whom did the blind for balcony.
    Someone told me the car park flooded just now. Super heavy rain. Workers frantically removing waters & clean-up the mess...... how come so poor drainage design! or this happened once in a 50 years!

Someone told me the car park flooded just now. Super heavy rain. Workers frantically removing waters & clean-up the mess...... how come so poor drainage design! or this happened once in a 50 years!
    if wet is quite normal for ground level carpark even if it is a basement one. flooded? yet reservoir is so near

carpark flooded?? at one of the corner, it is exposed to rains, even under normal rain condition, i can already see a puddle of water formed. For heavy rain, it will be jia lat.

Another point about the carpark...notice that the entrance is a potential danger area when there is a car turning in and another car coming out. Due to the large turning radius, the space is not big enough for 2 cars. Can see the security guard standing there to direct traffic.

Hope you guys are alright. Remember that even after you have handed your keys to contractor, you must remember to check on them. They may leave your doors open during lunch break etc. the police alert sign at the entrance is a warning to them and also you. Please take care of your belongings.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    if wet is quite normal for ground level carpark even if it is a basement one. flooded? yet reservoir is so near
    Most of Khatib was reclaimed from swampy land. But flooding is happening everywhere in Singapore and you never can pin point the exact area nowadays.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Hope you guys are alright. Remember that even after you have handed your keys to contractor, you must remember to check on them. They may leave your doors open during lunch break etc. the police alert sign at the entrance is a warning to them and also you. Please take care of your belongings.
    Yes I saw the alert sign, the polices & complainers took place around 2pm this afternoon. So unsafe?

Yes I saw the alert sign, the polices & complainers took place around 2pm this afternoon. So unsafe?
    what happen?

carpark flooded?? at one of the corner, it is exposed to rains, even under normal rain condition, i can already see a puddle of water formed. For heavy rain, it will be jia lat.

Another point about the carpark...notice that the entrance is a potential danger area when there is a car turning in and another car coming out. Due to the large turning radius, the space is not big enough for 2 cars. Can see the security guard standing there to direct traffic.
    i didnt notice about the carpark flooded.

but, just after TOP and collected my keys, i found the lift lobby (B1 level) block 89 was flooded due to the heavy rain.

quite shocked to see this, and i have reported to the officer who was around doing the checking at that time.

i hope they can do something on this

when is the next feedback or update session? to be held every two weeks? lots of issues!

can someone please feedback re the entrance design...
    the car barrier at the entrance should be set before the footpath and not after it. with the present design, unless the security remains vigilant, anyone can walk in via that footpath before the barrier.
    also at the end of the footpath, there is no proper path to enter into the condo except to squeeze behind the barrier, and walk on the pebbles.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    can someone please feedback re the entrance design...
    the car barrier at the entrance should be set before the footpath and not after it. with the present design, unless the security remains vigilant, anyone can walk in via that footpath before the barrier.
    also at the end of the footpath, there is no proper path to enter into the condo except to squeeze behind the barrier, and walk on the pebbles.
    relating to the walkway, there should also be one leading to the right side as well. currently it is a grass patch only. For those walking to the MSCP, there is no walkway either. They usually walk on the driveway leading to the MSCP.