Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 57626772778283848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 2881

Thread: The Estuary

Quote Originally Posted by Twitz
    I just completed the decking at my balcony with this company that uses Bamboo instead of the conventional choices. Colour and texture look decent and I guess the key is that it comes with a 5 or 10 year warranty ( I don't exactly remember but I thought if it was going to rot, it will way before that). Decking will need to be treated annually but company provides the oil. I do not believe the price I paid was excessive.

Anyway, pictures attached. Let me know if you guys want the contact.
    Hi, may I know the price psf? Thank you

Default Shower pressure

Guys do you all face the same issue as me as the shower water pressure is weak... Will post the cause of it and solutions after I update the photo on my blog tomorrow

Yes!! Would be great if there's a solution. Do share pls!

Quote Originally Posted by Sybmomo
    Guys do you all face the same issue as me as the shower water pressure is weak... Will post the cause of it and solutions after I update the photo on my blog tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by laomai
    Yes!! Would be great if there's a solution. Do share pls!
    his solution is here:
    http://littlecubeofsweet.blogspot.sg/p/solutions.html

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    Yes, he is right. We got the same problem and this was what the contractor did to rectify.

On a separate note, we have hot water in the master bathroom even though we did not on the heater. Anyone experience this as well?

My problem is that the pressure for the toilet flush is not strong at all. Been in touch with the management and they have checked but can't do anything about it.

Security still lax esp the carpark and emergency entrance / exit stairways that lead to the exterior of the blocks. The management has removed the handle of the doors (from outside) but people can still access the blocks without the access card. These doors should be locked from outside to prevent anyone from entering the blocks if they do not have the access card.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybmomo

Quote Originally Posted by Alovy
    Yes, he is right. We got the same problem and this was what the contractor did to rectify.

On a separate note, we have hot water in the master bathroom even though we did not on the heater. Anyone experience this as well?
    Yes we have the same problem in our unit as well. What it mean is that our gas burner is on and running throughout the day and night even though we switch it off. That burner typically consume the most gas if I'm not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey
    My problem is that the pressure for the toilet flush is not strong at all. Been in touch with the management and they have checked but can't do anything about it.

Security still lax esp the carpark and emergency entrance / exit stairways that lead to the exterior of the blocks. The management has removed the handle of the doors (from outside) but people can still access the blocks without the access card. These doors should be locked from outside to prevent anyone from entering the blocks if they do not have the access card.
    Just to share, IF all else fails (complaints/feedback, etc) despite highlighting to the MC, you guys can try escalating your case to the Strata Title Board which all MCSTs fall under its jurisdiction.

Quote Originally Posted by AntZZZZ
    Yes we have the same problem in our unit as well. What it mean is that our gas burner is on and running throughout the day and night even though we switch it off. That burner typically consume the most gas if I'm not wrong.
    We asked the contractor to come and check the meter with the heater on and off. Apparently the meter runs faster with the heater on. So we have assumed it runs on electricity and should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AntZZZZ
    Based on my previous experience with 2 water heater tanks serving each of the master room toilet and common toilet. Say I turn on the heater in the morning about 10mins at 7am and was switched off thereafter. Upon reaching home about 7plus in the evening, the water can be still warm/hot even without turning on the heater. This will happen as the water heater tank also acts as a storage tank while conserving the heat.

Default Fibre broadband

Hi guys,
    Did anyone of you getting the fibre broadband? I just went to the it fair just now wanna to get starhub fibre broadband since they got good deal with freebies. But my application has been reject because the sale check into their system and found out that the fibre isn,t ready yet... ........

Are we be able to get fibre broadband in the future?

Thanks! The problem affects all the taps, even the one for the washing machine. It took me an extra 15mins to wash clothes becos the tap is so slow. Had to remove 2 water limiter devices for it to be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline

2013-05-28 97 Yishun Avenue 1 #XX-XX 1,216 1,130psf 2010-03-19 701psf $521,664

very good profit!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Juan
    Hi, may I know the price psf? Thank you
    Got it around $15+psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitz
    Got it around $15+psf.
    Can I have the contact, please? Thank you.

Any update regarding the fibre broadband issue? Still cannot install?

You are most welcome. have updated the blog with my living photo. http://littlecubeofsweet.blogspot.sg/p/living.html

Thanks! The problem affects all the taps, even the one for the washing machine. It took me an extra 15mins to wash clothes becos the tap is so slow. Had to remove 2 water limiter devices for it to be ok.

I have sleepless night for the past 3 days after moving in due to traffic noises, even after changing to double gazed sliding doors. I think I resorted to soft music to smoothe things out. Saw a row of trees planted along the leisure pool front. Good solution. Not sure from mgmt or town council. Can't block noise but at least help to reduce dust when they grow further & taller.

Having same washing machine problem due to low water pressure, but resolved after complaint to mgmt office. They removed the excessive tape and blockage in the tab.

Yes if I used water heater in the morning, I don't turn on at night. It's still hot. I make sure I off it once I used.

Had fully settled in, but still many units are empty. I can see the pace of moving in slowing down vs. like a month ago for those wanted to be the first batch. Enjoy the pool & jacuzzi very much. Gym could be better with more weight equipments.

Quote Originally Posted by gosperence
    I have sleepless night for the past 3 days after moving in due to traffic noises, even after changing to double gazed sliding doors. I think I resorted to soft music to smoothe things out. Saw a row of trees planted along the leisure pool front. Good solution. Not sure from mgmt or town council. Can't block noise but at least help to reduce dust when they grow further & taller.

Having same washing machine problem due to low water pressure, but resolved after complaint to mgmt office. They removed the excessive tape and blockage in the tab.

Yes if I used water heater in the morning, I don't turn on at night. It's still hot. I make sure I off it once I used.

Had fully settled in, but still many units are empty. I can see the pace of moving in slowing down vs. like a month ago for those wanted to be the first batch. Enjoy the pool & jacuzzi very much. Gym could be better with more weight equipments.
    Try ear plugs else don't worry, eventually your body will get used to it
    I am rich in debts...

I have sleepless night for the past 3 days after moving in due to traffic noises, even after changing to double gazed sliding doors. I think I resorted to soft music to smoothe things out. Saw a row of trees planted along the leisure pool front. Good solution. Not sure from mgmt or town council. Can't block noise but at least help to reduce dust when they grow further
    if you had used the same door frame, the thickness of the double glazed glass may not be enough. what is the thickness you've installed? also yours is high floor? may be noiser and need even thicker glass

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    if you had used the same door frame, the thickness of the double glazed glass may not be enough. what is the thickness you've installed? also yours is high floor? may be noiser and need even thicker glass

3rd floor. I went to other units - above 10 floors noises seem to be lesser. Worst is 5th-8th floor.

Yes. Same frame & color as mgmt don't allow facade change. Gap in between two glasses only 5cm. Should be at least 15cm to be effective, but heck that's going to be super thick to slide it and super ugly.

For those of you who had already moved in, do you have mozzies problem?

Went to check on my reno past few days, and noticed many mozzies (possibly close to 50) on the ceilings and walls esp the balcony and living room.

Quite worried of the mozzies problem.

Hi gosperence,

I live in the 5-8 floor range and share your pain about the noise Thanks for sharing your experience about double glazing. Since the effective gap should be 15cm, am wondering if we can build glass paneling at the balcony to see if it will help.

3rd floor. I went to other units - above 10 floors noises seem to be lesser. Worst is 5th-8th floor.

Yes. Same frame & color as mgmt don't allow facade change. Gap in between two glasses only 5cm. Should be at least 15cm to be effective, but heck that's going to be super thick to slide it and super ugly.

views come at a price i guess
    I am rich in debts...

Hi gosperence,

I live in the 5-8 floor range and share your pain about the noise Thanks for sharing your experience about double glazing. Since the effective gap should be 15cm, am wondering if we can build glass paneling at the balcony to see if it will help.
    I am thinking so.....that will enlarge the livable area too...so long transperant type.

Hi gosperence,

Are you sure this is allow?

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy
    Are you sure this is allow?
    My neigbour already expanded the master bedroom towards the balcony with a clear glass enclosure.

My neigbour already expanded the master bedroom towards the balcony with a clear glass enclosure.
    i hope your neighbour will not be ask to remove it which also means the mgmt has no power. Soon it will be like rojak.

Sorry to say this ah ...... I drove pass Estuary last Monday during lunch time. Noticed that in quite a few units' balcony, owners/tenants hang their laundries/mattresses on the railings. This one mgmt must try control lah. If not, it will really soon be rojak.

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy
    i hope your neighbour will not be ask to remove it which also means the mgmt has no power. Soon it will be like rojak.

Quote Originally Posted by shareidiot
    Sorry to say this ah ...... I drove pass Estuary last Monday during lunch time. Noticed that in quite a few units' balcony, owners/tenants hang their laundries/mattresses on the railings. This one mgmt must try control lah. If not, it will really soon be rojak.
    many hdb upgraders perhaps.