Thread: Balloting system for Dawson estate-some queries

Default Balloting system for Dawson estate-some queries

Hey guys,

My aunt applied for Dawson estate and just received queue number 2710. The letter states that it exceeds the number of flats available but says "you will receive the flat selection details when we invite you to select a flat from Mar/Apr 2010. Whether you are able to select a flat would depend on the availability of flats and ethinic quota when your turn for selection is due." I amnot in a position to advise my aunt coz I have never gone thru any HDB balloting exercise before.

For those who are familiar with the number of available units in Dawson estate and the queuing system, you may want to shed some light on the chances of my aunt to secure a unit there.

Thanks in advance.

Dawson estate Build-To-Order flats get overwhelming response
    By Ting Kheng Siong/Dylan Loh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 16 December 2009 2301 hrs

SINGAPORE: The Build-To-Order flats at the popular Dawson estate in Queenstown have received an overwhelming response from home buyers.

The HDB received 2,300 applications for the 1,718 units available, just two days after they were launched.

Four-room flats at SkyVille@Dawson and SkyTerrace@Dawson were the most popular, with 1,400 home buyers vying for 1,100 flats.

Five-room flats were over two times subscribed, with about 500 applications for the 200 units available. Young home buyers say they like the flexi-layout scheme, which allows them to change the flat's layout to suit their preferences.

But real estate experts said that home buyers must consider the resale value of their flat when choosing the layout.

David Poh, PropNex Realty's senior group district director, said: "Most home buyers will prefer a three-room layout because this is the most suitable for families. So when you are thinking of re-selling the flat in future, I think having a three-room layout, probably, would be the most popular among home buyers."

Under the multi-generation living scheme, 65 studio apartments are paired with four- or five-room flats to allow children to stay close to their parents. HDB received 44 applications for such paired flats.

Currently, owners of such homes can sell the attached units separately after living there for five years. Analysts said that if this rule changes, which means both units have to be sold together, the potential pool of buyers may be limited.

The other two BTO projects in Sembawang and Bukit Panjang were also well-received. Four-room flats at both places were over-subscribed, while over 100 units of the two- and three-room flats are still available.

Applications for the flats end on December 28.

by the look of things, got to tell my aunt her chance very slim liao. i am not sure from other BTOs what the pull out rate is but i am certain those who get a unit in dawson will cling on to it for dear life, all thanks to the hype and soaring prices in Queenstown. she can only hope that people will be detered by the high prices or drop out of low floor lousy facing units so she may stand some kind of chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Dawson estate Build-To-Order flats get overwhelming response
    By Ting Kheng Siong/Dylan Loh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 16 December 2009 2301 hrs

SINGAPORE: The Build-To-Order flats at the popular Dawson estate in Queenstown have received an overwhelming response from home buyers.

The HDB received 2,300 applications for the 1,718 units available, just two days after they were launched.

Four-room flats at SkyVille@Dawson and SkyTerrace@Dawson were the most popular, with 1,400 home buyers vying for 1,100 flats.

Five-room flats were over two times subscribed, with about 500 applications for the 200 units available. Young home buyers say they like the flexi-layout scheme, which allows them to change the flat's layout to suit their preferences.

But real estate experts said that home buyers must consider the resale value of their flat when choosing the layout.

David Poh, PropNex Realty's senior group district director, said: "Most home buyers will prefer a three-room layout because this is the most suitable for families. So when you are thinking of re-selling the flat in future, I think having a three-room layout, probably, would be the most popular among home buyers."

Under the multi-generation living scheme, 65 studio apartments are paired with four- or five-room flats to allow children to stay close to their parents. HDB received 44 applications for such paired flats.

Currently, owners of such homes can sell the attached units separately after living there for five years. Analysts said that if this rule changes, which means both units have to be sold together, the potential pool of buyers may be limited.

The other two BTO projects in Sembawang and Bukit Panjang were also well-received. Four-room flats at both places were over-subscribed, while over 100 units of the two- and three-room flats are still available.

Applications for the flats end on December 28.

my friend's queue number is 3000+ and he is a first time hdb buyer. and i thought first timers were suppose to have an even higher chance than others. looks like not much chance for either your aunt or my friend. have to bank on others giving up their chance and just wait for their turn to assess what are the available units left then.

my aunt bought flat a few times liao and the queue number is still earlier than ur friend. i think something wrong with hdb balloting system

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    my friend's queue number is 3000+ and he is a first time hdb buyer. and i thought first timers were suppose to have an even higher chance than others. looks like not much chance for either your aunt or my friend. have to bank on others giving up their chance and just wait for their turn to assess what are the available units left then.

jia lat, still computer generated random selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    my aunt bought flat a few times liao and the queue number is still earlier than ur friend. i think something wrong with hdb balloting system