Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2712172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D15 *eastern region line

Quote Originally Posted by repanse71
    Eastern coast line in 2020
    ... but i believe east park area / reclamation / development will be beyond 2050...
    For next 20 years, it's all about making a better park / beach recreation area

So ECL needs to be located further north of current speculated location...
    Then again, I have little faith in our scholars...
    Look at the boo boo on loan curbs by MAS & forgotten about hire purchase act by MOF...

Regards
    I would concur that it makes more sense to locate the ERL a bit further north to cater to a larger population, that said, has anyone spotted any SI further north to the current speculated areas?

not so, at least from what i've seen for the upper east coast/marine parade stretch

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    not so, at least from what i've seen for the upper east coast/marine parade stretch
    After the collapse of the Nicol highway tunnel, the authorities should be extremely careful, regardless current speculation or further north.

Anyone has any idea whether the current speculated position is near or on reclaimed land?

Regards

The info I get from LTA is that, current speculations remain as speculations, regardless how nice the picture is drawn. The reason is, LTA has just started SI, and they (LTA) have absolutely no idea on where the line should be.

Quote Originally Posted by economist
    The info I get from LTA is that, current speculations remain as speculations, regardless how nice the picture is drawn. The reason is, LTA has just started SI, and they (LTA) have absolutely no idea on where the line should be.
    I personally believe the tunnel would be between marine parade & east coast road with stations on both sides to satisfy residents nearer ECP & those nearer siglapm& opera estate.

I concur with another forummer that siting of entrance is most important

On hindsight, I should have bought fernwood tower when it was offered to me at goo price.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by repanse71
    I personally believe the tunnel would be between marine parade & east coast road with stations on both sides to satisfy residents nearer ECP & those nearer siglapm& opera estate.

I concur with another forummer that siting of entrance is most important

On hindsight, I should have bought fernwood tower when it was offered to me at goo price.

Regards
    That's true. Fernwood Tower is at a good location. It used to sit at the edge of the beach and opposite it where Siglap Court, Marine Garden and Villa Marina stood used to be a Muslim Cemetery. That's why Masjid Kampong Siglap is there.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

for one, the tunnel should ideally not run directly below the belt of houses along upper/east coast road for obvious reasons

for one, the tunnel should ideally not run directly below the belt of houses along upper/east coast road for obvious reasons
    One thing for certain we going to have the ERL announcement sometime this year cause expected completion of ERL is 2019/2020.

What I know from insider information is that we definitely going to have one station near the Laguna Park, one at Bayshore area and one at Amber Road (near Silversea/Parkway site). Soil tests have been conducted intensively in these 3 areas. There will be 2 stations at Tanjong Rhu, one near Costa Rhu/Pebble Bay and another near Dunman High School. The rest of the stations I am not sure but I believe it will spread along these lines. This is based on information that I gather from a sales rep of a reputable developer in Singapore.

It is expected that the ERL lines will run around the ECP area further away from the East Line (Paya Lebar-Pasir Ris) to serve the east coast residents (Tanjong Rhu/Meyer/Amber/Marine Parade/East Coast/Siglap/Bayshore/Bedok Road) as well as to serve the government's aim to transform the East Coast Park area into a playground for residents.

Lots of recreational facilities coming up near East Coast within 5 years from now. Marina Coast Expressway is coming up end of this year. That plot of land in Fort Road area will be opened up for residential and commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    One thing for certain we going to have the ERL announcement sometime this year cause expected completion of ERL is 2019/2020.

What I know from insider information is that we definitely going to have one station near the Laguna Park, one at Bayshore area and one at Amber Road (near Silversea/Parkway site). Soil tests have been conducted intensively in these 3 areas. There will be 2 stations at Tanjong Rhu, one near Costa Rhu/Pebble Bay and another near Dunman High School. The rest of the stations I am not sure but I believe it will spread along these lines. This is based on information that I gather from a sales rep of a reputable developer in Singapore.

It is expected that the ERL lines will run around the ECP area further away from the East Line (Paya Lebar-Pasir Ris) to serve the east coast residents (Tanjong Rhu/Meyer/Amber/Marine Parade/East Coast/Siglap/Bayshore/Bedok Road) as well as to serve the government's aim to transform the East Coast Park area into a playground for residents.

Lots of recreational facilities coming up near East Coast within 5 years from now. Marina Coast Expressway is coming up end of this year. That plot of land in Fort Road area will be opened up for residential and commercial.
    It is probable that the ERL will only be announced next year, according to the experts at skyscrapercity forums. I would say that they are reasonably trustworthy given their track record in predicting the alignment and stations for the Thomson Line.

I live in D15, around Tanjong Rhu. As much as I'd like the parcel at Marina East to be developed, that is also unlikely to happen anytime soon. The land has not yet even been subdivided into smaller parcels. Aside from this, it will be largely residential with a rather small commercial component (as detailed in the Landuse Plan 2013).

As a D15 resident, there is also the possibility that East Coast Park may be reclaimed further out and the sea frontage lost.

I would caution against being too optimistic about mere speculative developments.

We should watch out for plans that the government has already undertaken, such as the new sports hub and Kallang Riverside precinct.

ERL ready by 2030....
    shit..
    anyone can confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    ERL ready by 2030....
    shit..
    anyone can confirm?
    and the source of your news is......?

and the source of your news is......?
    from a friend
    but I could not find anything

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    from a friend
    but I could not find anything
    shouldn't you question your friend, then, the source of his info?

Why does SG need so long just to build a mrt line compared to other countries?

shouldn't you question your friend, then, the source of his info?
    If I am not wrong, its all in today's Straits Times...pg 2 to be precise..

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

If the Marine Parade station is going to be at Amber road......means no more station at the Joo Chiat/Marine Parade Rd junction?

Your source seem to suggest FEO and FEO is heavily vested in the area mentioned (ie. The Shore, The Cape, Silversea)....what more from a sales rept from FEO......

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    the date was mentioned in same breath along with the cross island line......
    So I guess it means by 2030, all the projected lines should be completed but not all will have the same completion date...

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    that's for the cross island line, whose existence was made known much later than the ERL

Imo its a bad strategy to place a station at amber side... (private estate)

Shouldnt it be at marine parade side (near public housing) instead where the general public will receive more benefit?

Its public transport... goodness

Quote Originally Posted by pod
    Imo its a bad strategy to place a station at amber side... (private estate)

Shouldnt it be at marine parade side (near public housing) instead where the general public will receive more benefit?

Its public transport... goodness
    you seriously trust the agent that quotes wrong statistics of the pet project he is selling?

you seriously trust the agent that quotes wrong statistics of the pet project he is selling?
    i like to use words with hidden meanings...

i like to hantam nonsensical people, without hidden meanings

i like to hantam nonsensical people, without hidden meanings

I m like korean superstar... 'GENTLEMAN'

Quote Originally Posted by pod
    I m like korean superstar... 'GENTLEMAN'
    Spotted soil testin equipment beside roxy square along upper east coast road

Quote Originally Posted by curry1295
    Spotted soil testin equipment beside roxy square along upper east coast road
    You mean Roxy Square at East Coast Road? or Upper East Coast Road?

You mean Roxy Square at East Coast Road? or Upper East Coast Road?
    East coast road

Quote Originally Posted by curry1295
    East coast road
    Thanks, maybe it means the ERL may go through Mounbattern road, east coast road; rather than going through Meyer road, Marine Parade road? Or perhaps they are still exploring all sorts of possibilities...

Thanks, maybe it means the ERL may go through Mounbattern road, east coast road; rather than going through Meyer road, Marine Parade road? Or perhaps they are still exploring all sorts of possibilities...
    Went to take a look just now.

The SI rigs are unlikely to be for ERL works. They are on the left of Roxy Square, outside and in front of GRTH building, which has been bought by Oxley Holdings for redevelopment into a new commercial development (Flow@East Coast). I think it's launching soon. Chances are the SIs are for the purpose of determining construction methods/piling.

Furthermore, the site does not have LTA cones, as have been spotted at other SIs in the past.

In tomorrow's Straits Times, there is an article on those HDB flats at Siglap.

Maybe some lights will be shed on the future development of the site once

the blocks are demolished in 2015.

If there is a mention of a MRT station there (not exit) , then all speculations

of the track running along Marine Road will be crushed.

Let's see..

Pls build it near i12