Page 56 of 182 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D15 *eastern region line

1. Default

Juz had coffee today with my old friend. Out of the blue he said he wans to buy a ppty now at bedok reservoir.

I ask him why?

He said "aiya, in afew years time MRT will be build there lo..."

I tink everyone loves the music from rails...

Quote Originally Posted by pod
    Juz had coffee today with my old friend. Out of the blue he said he wans to buy a ppty now at bedok reservoir.

I ask him why?

He said "aiya, in afew years time MRT will be build there lo..."

I tink everyone loves the music from rails...
    its good that the MRT serves more and more area...

long long ago .. everyone wants to be near Bus interchange ..
    and when there was a feeder bus outside your block .. your block is considered Prime ..

now we take a leap .. MRT circle line will boost the condos ..just like how the feeder bus route boosted the hdb those days ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    its good that the MRT serves more and more area...

long long ago .. everyone wants to be near Bus interchange ..
    and when there was a feeder bus outside your block .. your block is considered Prime ..

now we take a leap .. MRT circle line will boost the condos ..just like how the feeder bus route boosted the hdb those days ...
    Agree with u.

End of the day, this reflects the general response from people looking for ideal residential ppties.

A good connected estate will generally benefits the residents.

I hate those days when I was young (schooling) when i have to take a bus to reach the mrt. And then take another bus to reach school@#?!@ very very tiring

For now, an uncle like me will hope to stay in an estate that is well served with public transport. (WORLD CLASS )

I don't get it. Why pay some $150-200k more today to wait for mass public transport that will be ready in 5 years, and put up with incessant noise, dust, and jams for 3 odd years, and after to get packed like sardines smelling foreign armpits? Might as well take taxi every day cheaper and more comfy, or buy a car.

Again, to me the only advantage of an mrt station is not the mrt itself, but rather IF a substantial commercial/shopping hub is built along side it. Not all mrt stations have the propensity to accomodate commercial tho

I'm an amateur property newbie so perhaps somebody can enlighten me about this 'MRT' effect?
    Last edited by gfoo; 27th August 2010 at 11:30 PM.

Some say East coast might eventually be the only place without MRT and others think there will definitely be one.

Conclusion:

Win-Win situation

1) No MRT: East coast will be the most "Unique" estate and this creates (or retains) enough charm for prices to appreciate and become an upmarket area.

2) With MRT: there will be enough home buyers / investors to push prices further up!

Regarding the debate on whether it is foolish to buy property based on speculation of the MRT lines, I think everyone has their own views and I guess its really the rude and irritating remarks of some forumer (you know who you are) that make people want to whack you!

In any case, buying 1 or more properties nowadays is not big deal and some people are just buying for fun and can afford to even lose it all....

I also don't get it. Seems like some one-sided wishful thinking?
    Near MRT station but in some lousy location also useless?
    Near MRT station and in some good location but not near any shopping malls also not as desirable as those + near shopping malls?

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    I don't get it. Why pay some $150-200k more today to wait for mass public transport that will be ready in 5 years, and put up with incessant noise, dust, and jams for 3 odd years, and after to get packed like sardines smelling foreign armpits? Might as well take taxi every day cheaper and more comfy, or buy a car.

Again, to me the only advantage of an mrt station is not the mrt itself, but rather IF a substantial commercial/shopping hub is built along side it. Not all mrt stations have the propensity to accomodate commercial tho

I'm an amateur property newbie so perhaps somebody can enlighten me about this 'MRT' effect?