Page 56 of 219 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D15 *eastern region line

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    i believe both sides of the camp have valid points. it all boils down to each individual's investment objectives and preferences. short term = sell on strength or positive news, long term = search for properties with better ROI

no right or wrong in either case
    Agree...but we are talking about 10 years here....short or long term to u?

Quote Originally Posted by luzman
    Let me get this point down once and for all in case you still do not understand the main point...see below for the article in today's Straits Times...

Prices will rise for sure but if the time line is too long...say 7 to 10 years...no investor with the right mind will jump in....even the newly announced line is limited effect for people looking for homes now because it will be 7 years later when ready....be realistic...

http://a.imageshack.us/img178/2053/imagezv.jpg

Hmmm....then developers must all be unrealistic when they advertise proximity to future MRTs as a selling point even though completion of the line is 7 to 10 years down the road. The last I heard is that they are having a bumper year in sales.

The pregrogative of when to sell always lies with the owner. Since you yourself have categorically stated that "prices will rise for sure" for such properties, correctly spotting and buying a condo with an MRT at yr doorstep becomes a sure thing.

What makes you think a potential buyer will not bite even with a long time frame? Developers have been seller properties with 'future long-term sweeteners' for time immemorial e.g. future shopping centres, future water parks, future MRT etc....There are still buyers who bite.

I don't know about you but if prices will rise for sure, its an even better bet than trying to spot an en-bloc potential which may not even materialise. You may even end up losing money if the en-bloc doesn't materialise.

Oh oh....now you will probably go post in the en-bloc thread saying that all their analyses is pointless too.

Quote Originally Posted by luzman
    I think you need to read your article property....a premium of 20%....and u say over a period of 1 year...? you must be kidding me man.....it it is that easy to make money...everyone no need to work already...just buy near MRT and wait 1 year and keep doing that and u will be happy rest of your life without working...

Come on man...premium of 20% over several years lah....unless of course your MRT station is visited by millionaires who dont drive and need a property there and willingly to pay you 20% premium in 1 year...
    Dude, the whole point of this thread is to guess the MRT locale BEFORE it is publicly announced. Once it becomes public knowledge, the effect is lost.

Assuming you had a choice of two properties withiin the same vicinity and priced the same. If there was word of a future line being built, wouldn't you try to second guess where the station will be and buy the property closest to the line. The 20% premium isn't unrealistic if you guess right and the MRT is at your doorstep. Once it is announced and you bet right, you can rest assured that there will be a whole lot of agents lining up to try to sell your property than the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Hmmm....then developers must all be unrealistic when they advertise proximity to future MRTs as a selling point even though completion of the line is 7 to 10 years down the road. The last I heard is that they are having a bumper year in sales.

The pregrogative of when to sell always lies with the owner. Since you yourself have categorically stated that "prices will rise for sure" for such properties, correctly spotting and buying a condo with an MRT at yr doorstep becomes a sure thing.

What makes you think a potential buyer will not bite even with a long time frame? Developers have been seller properties with 'future long-term sweeteners' for time immemorial e.g. future shopping centres, future water parks, future MRT etc....There are still buyers who bite.

I don't know about you but if prices will rise for sure, its an even better bet than trying to spot an en-bloc potential which may not even materialise. You may even end up losing money if the en-bloc doesn't materialise.

Oh oh....now you will probably go post in the en-bloc thread saying that all their analyses is pointless too.
    You are telling others what others already know...that is, developers are smart...they will use MRT as a sales gimmick to sell..of course there will be buyers who bite....but I am not arguing about this..I am saying timeline is too long for an investor point of view...

And to do all these guessing...to me, its not investor's mindset..its more like punters mind set...

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Dude, the whole point of this thread is to guess the MRT locale BEFORE it is publicly announced. Once it becomes public knowledge, the effect is lost.

Assuming you had a choice of two properties withiin the same vicinity and priced the same. If there was word of a future line being built, wouldn't you try to second guess where the station will be and buy the property closest to the line. The 20% premium isn't unrealistic if you guess right and the MRT is at your doorstep. Once it is announced and you bet right, you can rest assured that there will be a whole lot of agents lining up to try to sell your property than the other one.
    Of course once you bet it right, there will be agents calling u to sell cos they are agents...just like developers trying to get u excited all....but at the end of the day, its the buyer that must decide whether they want to buy now and hope for the best in 10 years time and of course, endure the noise into the night..., the dust that cannot be wiped cleaned daily and the traffic jam in front of the house for 2-3 years...its thier choice...for me, it doesnt make sense...