Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021263136 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D15 *eastern region line

Quote Originally Posted by TOP
    My reliable source said your reliable info is not reliable
    Hey man let's hear what your reliable source has to say on this issue!!

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale
    Hey man let's hear what your reliable source has to say on this issue!!
    I don't know what to say ( stamping feet ).............

I don't know what to say ( stamping feet ).............
    don't know what to say?! you will live and REPENT!!!!

Ha ha you guys. Haven't you heard? The elections are over!

the entire Marine Parade central is long due for a major overhaul
    the market, hawker centre, multi story carpark, and shop houses, can be rebuilt into a mega mall.

The potential for this area is huge.....it will be like Clementi mall....where SPH paid a huge sum......

Better not revamp, please. I like the hawker center food and the variety of small shops offering value for $ items. If we have mega mall at the same area, then the cost of everything will go up more than 10%. I rarely want to go to Clementi central nowadays because everything is so expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Better not revamp, please. I like the hawker center food and the variety of small shops offering value for $ items. If we have mega mall at the same area, then the cost of everything will go up more than 10%. I rarely want to go to Clementi central nowadays because everything is so expensive.
    Where can u find cheap things nowadays?
    perhaps wait till the ministers cut their pay first

Usually at un-upgraded hidden residential estates with older shops and hawker centers.

Quote Originally Posted by masterkey
    From Chinese SC to NTUC, wouldn't that entails running the line under some heavy development e.g. Silversea, Cote d'azur, Parkway Parade? Why would the LTA not align it to the Marine Parade Rd?
    Dont forget there is this ECP expressway beside Chinese Swimming Club, and there is this huge government reserve land which is not slated for residential just beside it, probably the only available free land in Amber as of now. Whereas at the back of NTUC Hypermarket Marine Parade is a small plot of land near the expressway. Its always possible to construct mrt tunnel underground align with the ECP expressway at some point which is most likely thing that they will do....my hint to u. The government will announce shortly end of this year the eastern regional lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Dont forget there is this ECP expressway beside Chinese Swimming Club, and there is this huge government reserve land which is not slated for residential just beside it, probably the only available free land in Amber as of now. Whereas at the back of NTUC Hypermarket Marine Parade is a small plot of land near the expressway. Its always possible to construct mrt tunnel underground align with the ECP expressway at some point which is most likely thing that they will do....my hint to u. The government will announce shortly end of this year the eastern regional lines.
    Hemmed in a corner near Chinese Swimming Club, and squeezed between NTUC and ECP? Serious doubt it if LTA aims for open access to maximum population.

Let me share the soil investigation done so far for future mrt lines recorded by my group of friends. Only MP section is shown for those who are chasing the wild goose...

We are not prepared to share the rest. $$$$ sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by sealover
    Let me share the soil investigation done so far for future mrt lines recorded by my group of friends. Only MP section is shown for those who are chasing the wild goose...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/63198972@N03/?saved=1
    Wow, good job.Yr picture tells a thousand words.....

Hmm I think that area beside CSC is reserved for residential purposes, perhaps another condo? Not entirely convinced it will be an MRT station. I agree that area is a little obscure and tucked away in a corner :S

Im still wondering about the stations before the Marine Parade station (at Parkway). If there's going to be an Amber station at the roundabout, then where are the ones before that? I can't think of suitable locations apart from Katong Park, but that's AGES away. Someone enlighten me please. Thanks.

Soil investigations were very intense near Parkway Parade mall. I predict this is where the MRT station will be.

On my way home yesterday, soil testings were evidenced just outside the Neighbourhood Police Station along Marine Parade Road in Marine Crescent HDB heartland.

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    On my way home yesterday, soil testings were evidenced just outside the Neighbourhood Police Station along Marine Parade Road in Marine Crescent HDB heartland.
    people named it Telok Kurau station in other forum

Not too sure what this station will be named, but I am curious to know where the next station will be located?

If you are familiar with this area, there is a canal that cuts perpendicular across Marine Parade Road. In fact, the canal stretches from Upper Changi Road and runs all the way to East Coast Park before it drains out into the sea.

I understand that the ERL runs beyond into Bedok (Changi perhaps), so it must involve deep borings and excavations.

So will the next station continue along Neptune Court, Mandarin Gardens, Laguna Park and into Bayshore Park or will it run into Siglap area as some forumers have suggested?

Just my 2 worth.

Where there are high rises, there will be deep piles.
    Where there are roads, there will be drains.
    Where there are drains, there will be sewers.
    Where there are people, there will be cables.
    Where the MRT is going to be???
    Your guess is as good as mine...

Yeh from the look of things a Telok Kurau station at the police station is a possibility. So what do you guys think:

- Where?, to
    - Amber (at round about), to
    - Marine Parade (at Parkway), to
    - Telok Kurau (at the police station), to
    - Where?

Can we build on this list?

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale
    Yeh from the look of things a Telok Kurau station at the police station is a possibility. So what do you guys think:

- Where?, to
    - Amber (at round about), to
    - Marine Parade (at Parkway), to
    - Telok Kurau (at the police station), to
    - Where?

Can we build on this list?
    Amber to M parade is just too close. If true, it's a waste of money building 2 stn so close to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    Amber to M parade is just too close. If true, it's a waste of money building 2 stn so close to each other.
    What about Mountabtten and Dakota Crescent Stations on the Circle Line?

How do you justify and make sense?

The density and number of people that reside around these 2 stations are definitely much lesser than say at Amber and Marine Parade Stations.

Just my 2 worth.

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    What about Mountabtten and Dakota Crescent Stations on the Circle Line?

How do you justify and make sense?

The density and number of people that reside around these 2 stations are definitely much lesser than say at Amber and Marine Parade Stations.

Just my 2 worth.
    that's why they lose money there...

but can't owayz think of making $$ only otherwise next GE they lose %%

Ok never mind. Put that issue aside. Where are the other stations before Amber?

Thanks for sharing this much. The outline of the ERL track can more or less be made out. It leaves only the station and entry points left to be figured out.

However, moving eastwards the line can continue its straight path along Marine Parade towards Bayshore or veer inland towards East Coast Road and Upper East Coast Road. Since there is suppose to be a Siglap and Bedok South Station on the master plan

Would appreciate any info regarding the line eastwards? ...ie. Siglap, Bayshore, Bedok South....etc . IMHO, there are more gems east of Marine Parade than west of it, since Marine Parade and anything west of it all the way to town is already very pricey limiting the upside potential.

Cheers!

Smile

Its not really that close as u think.

Its about 10 minutes walk from the empty parcel of land near Chinese Swimming Club (Amber Station) to NTUC Fairprice Marine Parade area (Marine Parade Station).

Amber Road is a massive condo populated area - you have Silversea, The Seaview, Amber Residences, One Amber, The Esta, The Shore, 16@Amber, 11 Amber, Amber Garden, Amber Point, The Seaview Point, Suites At Amber etc etc etc bringing in roughly more than 10,000 units or approximately 40,000 people living in that area alone. I dont think its a waste of money ! In addition the underpass leading to the beach is located near to that empty plot of land thereby this mrt station will also facilitate Singaporeans who stay in outskirts but wanna go to the beach during the weekends getaway. It makes a lot of sense to have an mrt there cause we havent had any mrt near to the beach as of now.

The same case goes for Marine Parade Station as its near HDB estates nearby as well as Parkway Parade mall and a few condos in the vicinity.

Its not really that close as u think.

Its about 10 minutes walk from the empty parcel of land near Chinese Swimming Club (Amber Station) to NTUC Fairprice Marine Parade area (Marine Parade Station).

Amber Road is a massive condo populated area - you have Silversea, The Seaview, Amber Residences, One Amber, The Esta, The Shore, 16@Amber, 11 Amber, Amber Garden, Amber Point, The Seaview Point, Suites At Amber etc etc etc bringing in roughly more than 10,000 units or approximately 40,000 people living in that area alone. I dont think its a waste of money ! In addition the underpass leading to the beach is located near to that empty plot of land thereby this mrt station will also facilitate Singaporeans who stay in outskirts but wanna go to the beach during the weekends getaway. It makes a lot of sense to have an mrt there cause we havent had any mrt near to the beach as of now.

The same case goes for Marine Parade Station as its near HDB estates nearby as well as Parkway Parade mall and a few condos in the vicinity.

Then the station before that is Meyer station at Katong Park (Fort Road)? That's superduper faraway, not even close to walking distance... how can that be?

my

1 station at katong park
    1 station at junction of amber and tanjong katong road
    1 station at marine parade central

most logical and equally far from each other

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    my

1 station at katong park

Shd discuss whr isnthe telok kurau, siglap n bayshore stn....the ppty ard tat area may boom due to mrt since prices still low....

Meyer n marine parade without mrt oredi hit 1500-2kpsf....perhaps, one amber,esta may enjoy a capital gain if near enuff to amber stn

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Shd discuss whr isnthe telok kurau, siglap n bayshore stn....the ppty ard tat area may boom due to mrt since prices still low....

Meyer n marine parade without mrt oredi hit 1500-2kpsf....perhaps, one amber,esta may enjoy a capital gain if near enuff to amber stn
    That's exactly what I think as well. As I have said before, for Marine Parade and West of it, the upside potential is limited with prices already so high. However East of Marine Parade the prices are still relatively low and therefore has more upside potential.

For return of investment, it may be more worthwhile looking into Telok Kurau, Siglap, Bedok South, Bayshore......etc. Many residents in Costa Del Sol/Bayshore are already holding out on selling in anticipation of an MRT announcement. However some other MRT speculators are betting on the ERL line veering inland to Upper East Coast Road instead.

This means the MRT line may miss the cluster of the Bayshore area. However how illogical it may sound in terms of population density consideration.

I think this information is what Sealover is withholding from us. Please share leh.....

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    my

1 station at katong park

Hey man I totally agree with u on this, it makes the most sense to have it that way.

West of marine parade, although prices are already high, could probably still increase? It's still interesting to know anyhow!