Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2712171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D15 *eastern region line

Quote Originally Posted by Eldenfirefly
    Err, the eastern region line, according to official LTA website is only scheduled to be finished by 2020. You guys have a 10 year view?
    Huh? ... why not?

If you are buying to stay, 10 years view is not long.

If you are buying to invest, all you need is the announcement for the prices to appreciate. For that you don't have to wait 10 years.

Agree but as a home-stayer you have to put up with all the jams/work-sites/road diversions etc.

As an investor - you have to be spot-on in the development.
    If you get a development along the MRT line but not within sane walking distance - it'll be a so-so investment only.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Huh? ... why not?

If you are buying to stay, 10 years view is not long.

If you are buying to invest, all you need is the announcement for the prices to appreciate. For that you don't have to wait 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Agree but as a home-stayer you have to put up with all the jams/work-sites/road diversions etc.

As an investor - you have to be spot-on in the development.
    If you get a development along the MRT line but not within sane walking distance - it'll be a so-so investment only.
    Agree. That is why this thread is relevant whether as a homeowner or investor.

10 years is very long leh. If you are buying to stay, you also need the transport options now, not 10 years later right? And you mean if its right next to the station construction site, you want to put up with all the noise and dust while it is being built?

If buying to stay now, and MRT is a consideration, then I want someplace where MRT line is already running, or at least running soon (like within 2 years). 10 years seems really really long. Why put up with so much inconvenience for 10 long years now for that potential MRT 10 years later when you can buy places which are already serviced by existing MRT stations now?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldenfirefly
    10 years is very long leh. If you are buying to stay, you also need the transport options now, not 10 years later right? And you mean if its right next to the station construction site, you want to put up with all the noise and dust while it is being built?

If buying to stay now, and MRT is a consideration, then I want someplace where MRT line is already running, or at least running soon (like within 2 years). 10 years seems really really long. Why put up with so much inconvenience for 10 long years now for that potential MRT 10 years later when you can buy places which are already serviced by existing MRT stations now?
    All boils down to pay less now and live with inconvenience. Pay more when convenience improves.

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    All boils down to pay less now and live with inconvenience. Pay more when convenience improves.
    Exactly!

In addition, if you are already vested, knowing whether an MRT will be built near your place or not will change how you decide. Whether to stay, sell or rent.

If you know that they are going to build an MRT entrance right at your door step, are you going to sell bcoz of the inconvenience?

I think buy to stay will be different from buy to invest. Buy to stay, I want convenience now, not 10 years later. (Unless I prepared to drive all the time already).

If buy to invest, then no big deal, its your tenant who is going to suffer, at the most rent it for less money during that time lor. Still got a lot of risk though, because we don't know where exactly the MRT is, it may end up still quite far away (not walking distance).

So, even buy now, when exact location is not known is very risky, either from investment point of view or stay point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    if shawn is right then the stations are as follows:

1. Gardens at the Bay
    2. Tanjong Rhu (near Tanjong Ria Condo)
    3. Katong Park
    4. Amber (between amber circle and Parkway)
    5. Marine Crescent (somewhere around Blk43 or Police centre)
    6. Siglap (victoria School)
    7. Bayshore (next to The bayshore/Costa del sol)

This makes 7 out of the 12 stations. the 5 have to be placed from bayshore onwards.

i guess that

8. East coast bus terminal
    9. ???
    10.Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal??
    11.Terminal 4???
    12. Changi Point ferry ( as mentioned in the ERL in wiki)

Just seems that we are 1 station too many for the stretch after bayshore where it is tough to place station9.
    U miss out an mrt station at Meyer Road (i.e. somewhere near to Makena condo) which I have mentioned in my earlier forum submission. Please countercheck. After Fort Rd/Katong Park station is the Meyer station followed by Amber.

Shawn, I don't think I've heard you mention that before. Whereabouts can the Meyer station be sited? I've always assumed the Meyer station to be the Katong Park station, then followed by the Amber then Marine Parade station. Maybe you can come up with a list of your own (from Marina Bay to Telok Kurau or something)?

My list of stations (and exit locations):

1) Gardens at the Bay
    2) Tanjong Rhu (not sure where)
    3) Meyer (Katong Park)
    4) Amber (Tanjong Katong Park, behind CSC, and across the ECP at Big Splash)
    5) Marine Parade (Parkway and its surroundings)
    6) Telok Kurau (near MP police post)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    U miss out an mrt station at Meyer Road (i.e. somewhere near to Makena condo) which I have mentioned in my earlier forum submission. Please countercheck. After Fort Rd/Katong Park station is the Meyer station followed by Amber.

Send this to Liu Tuck Yew's Blog to confirm the location of stations.
    Quote Originally Posted by clemdale
    Shawn, I don't think I've heard you mention that before. Whereabouts can the Meyer station be sited? I've always assumed the Meyer station to be the Katong Park station, then followed by the Amber then Marine Parade station. Maybe you can come up with a list of your own (from Marina Bay to Telok Kurau or something)?

My list of stations (and exit locations):

1) Gardens at the Bay
    2) Tanjong Rhu (not sure where)
    3) Meyer (Katong Park)
    4) Amber (Tanjong Katong Park, behind CSC, and across the ECP at Big Splash)
    5) Marine Parade (Parkway and its surroundings)
    6) Telok Kurau (near MP police post)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    We must note that the mrt train itself is a few hundred metres long and the station has to be even longer, leaving a few hundred metres gap for the underground walking tunnel from both Amber and Parkway to the mrt station.
    the Current North south and East west lines are 6 cars long and 1 car is approx 23meters. so 150m. this is also the same for the NEL.

for downtown and circle lines. it will be 3cars long so 69meters. for ERL it should be 3cars also given the density which should not be higher than downtown and circle lines.

so how can the MRT train be a 'few hundred meters long' and the station is even longer.

[quote=mkl22]the Current North south and East west lines are 6 cars long and 1 car is approx 23meters. so 150m. this is also the same for the NEL.

for downtown and circle lines. it will be 3cars long so 69meters. for ERL it should be 3cars also given the density which should not be higher than downtown and circle lines.

so how can the MRT train be a 'few hundred meters long' and the station is even longer. [/quote

Thanks for saying what I wanted. lol. But this guy got from reliable source leh......

For anyone who is still vaguely interested:

Soil testing and more soil testing has been spotted around the Tanjong Katong Park/ Aalto area. Amber (or Tanjong Katong) station perhaps?

Aalto area ?? Dun think so will have le.. Limited space unfortunately..

I was referring to Tanjong Katong Park which is directly in front of Aalto. The park is also surrounded by condos and landed properties of Jalan Seaview etc. It is a possible Amber MRT entrance/exit point, in my opinion. Soil testing has been spotted there over the past few weeks.

Ive also got a friend living around the area saying that a few landed properties have been acquired by the government (not yet, but in the future), possibly to built the MRT? Do you guys think the ERL will be underground or not?

Quote Originally Posted by smallant
    Aalto area ?? Dun think so will have le.. Limited space unfortunately..

http://sbr.com.sg/transport-logistic...nown-next-year

Construction schedule of the MRT line until 2020 was announced three years ago but to date a spokesman from the Ministry of Transport (MOT) reports no significant development yet.
    Damn,

Could this be a site for ERL MRT station at the much speculated MRT station at Siglap Centre?

East Coast site opposite Siglap Centre identified for redevelopment

Published on Nov 9, 2011 Straits Times
    • A new site along East Coast Road opposite Siglap Centre has been identified for the Selective En Bloc Redevelopment Scheme (Sers), the Housing & Development Board (HDB) said on Wednesday.
    The redevelopment involves Blocks 1 to 3 East Coast Road, which comprise 82 sold flats about 48-years-old. The rental block at Block 4 East Coast Road, which comprises of 35 two-room flats, and nine rental shops and one rental eating house at Blocks 1 and 2 will also be involved.
    The HDB will build new replacement flats at Chai Chee Road to rehouse the affected flat owners.
    The replacement flats, which will consist of two to five-room units, will be located within walking distance from Bedok MRT. The new homes are expected to be completed by 2015.
    var subrenderfile="/Subscription/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_732057.html";

I think its more or less confirmed that the Siglap MRT Station will be sited

here....its all coming together now..

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...164272/1/.html

Where is the latest estimate of Telok Kurau MRT and Tanjong Rhu MRT? What are some good developments in these areas for buying near these, hopefully within walking distance.

LOOK like siglap is known ..

Telok Kurau station, as previously discussed, might be at the Police post/ hawker centre along Marine Parade road. Directly across MP road from there is Grand Duchess, Tierra Vue and other condos that you probably would like to have a look at. They are pretty good condos I think, esp Grand Duchess.

I'm not too sure about Tanjong Rhu MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro
    Where is the latest estimate of Telok Kurau MRT and Tanjong Rhu MRT? What are some good developments in these areas for buying near these, hopefully within walking distance.

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    I think its more or less confirmed that the Siglap MRT Station will be sited

here....its all coming together now..

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...164272/1/.html
    Looks like my "kang tao" was correct... but then I think until its officially announced it could still be anywhere.

What about all those soil testing along Marine parade road that was supposed to lead past Fernwood, Laguna thru to Bayshore area? What was that all about? Can't have smoke without fire... but then again...

Telok Kurau station, as previously discussed, might be at the Police post/ hawker centre along Marine Parade road. Directly across MP road from there is Grand Duchess, Tierra Vue and other condos that you probably would like to have a look at. They are pretty good condos I think, esp Grand Duchess.

thanks! Tierra Vue any feedback? Grand Duchess.. not my liking.

Tanjong Rhu MRT will it be near the Pebble Bay, Waterplace cluster of condos?

How can station be so near. One in parkway n next down the road?

If one of the stations is going to be located in MP and another in Bayshore area - why would they locate the Siglap station at the SERS flats?
    I suspect it would keep a straight path till it has to cut in to merge with the EW line at Expo(?)

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    How can station be so near. One in parkway n next down the road?
    Have you checked out the distance say between Mountbatten and Dakota stations on the Circle Line?

Indeed, the east coast rd mrt statn more or less known and ppty already priced in.
    Upper east coast d16, that more of a wild card

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    Have you checked out the distance say between Mountbatten and Dakota stations on the Circle Line?

Question

Anyone know where exactly the Telok Kurau mrt wld be? How confirmed is the location? Noticed TK small developments are so expensive now, have prices peaked or you guys think there's still room for upside in those small boutique devts?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tiverton18
    Could this be a site for ERL MRT station at the much speculated MRT station at Siglap Centre?

East Coast site opposite Siglap Centre identified for redevelopment

Published on Nov 9, 2011 Straits Times
    • A new site along East Coast Road opposite Siglap Centre has been identified for the Selective En Bloc Redevelopment Scheme (Sers), the Housing & Development Board (HDB) said on Wednesday.
    The redevelopment involves Blocks 1 to 3 East Coast Road, which comprise 82 sold flats about 48-years-old. The rental block at Block 4 East Coast Road, which comprises of 35 two-room flats, and nine rental shops and one rental eating house at Blocks 1 and 2 will also be involved.
    The HDB will build new replacement flats at Chai Chee Road to rehouse the affected flat owners.
    The replacement flats, which will consist of two to five-room units, will be located within walking distance from Bedok MRT. The new homes are expected to be completed by 2015.
    var subrenderfile="/Subscription/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_732057.html";
    This is the time to announce this SERS, as the new 10 year masterplan will be announced soon. Most likely ERL will be detailed in it.

For what I see, there is at least equal possibility of TK at MP or at the old government block now occupied by NAFA The land aloneside East Coast Road may have been planned for cut and cover tunnel work. On the other hand, a station at Marine Terrace would be too close to MP central. An entrance there with a travellator to MP central can easily serve the purpose.

ERL on D15 and D16, any info? this has gone quiet, so did the garment and SMRT?