Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2712172227282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D15 *eastern region line

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Relax la. We are just trying to clarify basic accounting concepts. Nobody is trying to "pretend" to be a HNWI and join your ranks. What is the point of being so status conscious in a forum? It is better to respond with points that have more technical substance.

Banks are of course interested in investable assets as that's where they make their money. But from a personal perspective, one should worry about the value of one's home. If it goes down one can end up with negative equity (as the outstanding loan remains unchanged); if it goes up one can have more choices when upgrading or downgrading. It is strange that this commonsensical position can be controversial.

The only people interested in talking about accounting concept here are those who doesnt own investment property or investment asset.

If you have those 2, you will understand that a home is not your investment even though its a positive asset. In investment, we have things like ROI or ROE, so please dont try to mix them together. And it is not by chance why banks doesnt take into account your home as part of investment assets.

Like I said before, you can go invent whatever account concept you like to satisfy your needs, but please dont try to reinvent the definition of investment assets of the real world just because of personal circumstances.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    The only people interested in talking about accounting concept here are those who doesnt own investment property or investment asset.

If you have those 2, you will understand that a home is not your investment even though its a positive asset. In investment, we have things like ROI or ROE, so please dont try to mix them together. And it is not by chance why banks doesnt take into account your home as part of investment assets.

Like I said before, you can go invent whatever account concept you like to satisfy your needs, but please dont try to reinvent the definition of investment assets of the real world just because of personal circumstances.
    Do you really understand the terms you threw in like ROI and ROE?
    But it is okay. It has taken me a while but now I understand your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Do you really understand the terms you threw in like ROI and ROE?
    But it is okay. It has taken me a while but now I understand your signature
    ROI and ROE are very basic stuff, if you need to ask, that mean you havent done your Finance & Accounting 101 and I am not surprise.
    Last edited by Ringo33; 17-02-14 at 17:56.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post

invent accout concept?!?!?! ROFL

kam gong, go pick up an accounting for dummies book and read it. oh wait, you need to go enroll yourself in a primary 1 english class first before you can read

tis is a thread on ERL & I dun see y is there a nid to prove if one has accounting knowledge or noe the diff betw roi/roe to be able to contribute positively to the discussion here.

so wat if u hv got the defn rite?

do u noe how to interprete the infor meaningfully when roi/roe is presented to u?

regardless of how accurately one can differentiate & calculate these accounting ratios, they r afterall subjected to manipulation & highly dependant on a coy financial leverage.

hence I dun see y is there a nid to argue or place undue emphasis on it.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by 玉格格 View Post
    tis is a thread on ERL & I dun see y is there a nid to prove if one has accounting knowledge or noe the diff betw roi/roe to be able to contribute positively to the discussion here.

so wat if u hv got the defn rite?

do u noe how to interprete the infor meaningfully when roi/roe is presented to u?

regardless of how accurately one can differentiate & calculate these accounting ratios, they r afterall subjected to manipulation & highly dependant on a coy financial leverage.

hence I dun see y is there a nid to argue or place undue emphasis on it.
    玉格格 = RUBBISH TALK AGAIN

Everytime I walk past the 'old republic theatre' with paint peeling from the walls and ceiling. I cant help but imagine the new tototototototototoo MRT station Entrance be there and buzzling with big crowds and artisans performing outside this lively but old estate. So dun say I never share imagination hor. The shops and commercial units going to huat big time as long as their lease are in force.

Chill guys!

Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    Everytime I walk past the 'old republic theatre' with paint peeling from the walls and ceiling. I cant help but imagine the new tototototototototoo MRT station Entrance be there and buzzling with big crowds and artisans performing outside this lively but old estate. So dun say I never share imagination hor. The shops and commercial units going to huat big time as long as their lease are in force.

Chill guys!
    that's gonna turn into an integrated shopping mall - trust me on that

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157 View Post
    that's gonna turn into an integrated shopping mall - trust me on that
    Yep makes sense too...

Another giant Bedok Mall in the making? muahahhahaha

Quote Originally Posted by pod View Post
    Yep makes sense too...

Another giant Bedok Mall in the making? muahahhahaha
    definitely hope it will be more atas an integrated hub than bedok.
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

It was reported that Capital Land has delayed the launch of the project at Marine Parade road. I wonder if they will launch it after the announcement of the ERL stations and plans, to hopefully get better price.

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post
    definitely hope it will be more atas an integrated hub than bedok.

This corner junction willbe a supreme landmark if done up properly.

Large neon display/signs/structures... wow Wow Weeeeeee

HUAT AR!!

Last edited by ecimbew; 23-02-14 at 15:11.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

From LTA

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Talking Eastern Regional Line - Count Down

Anybody starts to count down to 2020 or already jump in now? Might be interested to know....

Not sure how much of a bump to the prices after the announcement...........the ERL is always in the plan, but market always seem to be excited with the detail plan announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by square View Post
    Not sure how much of a bump to the prices after the announcement...........the ERL is always in the plan, but market always seem to be excited with the detail plan announcement.
    obviously what. u can live along the east coast but if you're in between 2 mrt stations then whats the point? thats why we are so kan chiong to know the exact locations of the erl stations. there have been predictions (see above), which to me, looks feasible enough. i also certainly hope that that will be as close to the final station layout as possible...

obviously what. u can live along the east coast but if you're in between 2 mrt stations then whats the point? thats why we are so kan chiong to know the exact locations of the erl stations. there have been predictions (see above), which to me, looks feasible enough. i also certainly hope that that will be as close to the final station layout as possible...
    i think the suspected locations are an open secret. i guess only telok kurah's location is iffy

The location of the stations definitely look ideal.......I will be happy if they are in line with the coming announcement =)

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157 View Post
    i think the suspected locations are an open secret. i guess only telok kurah's location is iffy
    why do u say that? i think its pretty much in the bag too. the number of SIs there have been countless. and it absolutely makes sense for a station there. you reasons being?

why do u say that? i think its pretty much in the bag too. the number of SIs there have been countless. and it absolutely makes sense for a station there. you reasons being?
    Hi all

I saw a group of workers wearing LTA vests setting up a worksite at junction of upper east coast and siglap road.
    Related to ERL?

Regards

SI spotted along ecp after fort road exit... Also along the east coast beach road after round about at fort road

Quote Originally Posted by curry1295 View Post
    SI spotted along ecp after fort road exit... Also along the east coast beach road after round about at fort road
    any change in the ERL predictions so far?
    tanjong rhu - meyer/fort road - tanjong katong/amber - marine parade - marine terrace/telok kurau

Spotted 2 unmentioned SIs over the weekend.

The very 1st SI in a HDB carpark (i think so)..this is located in Marine Terrace (blks 55 & 57) behind the coffeeshop that caught fire about 3 weeks ago in the wet market area. I was totally surprise by this SI.

Remember my mention of a SI on a road divider on Marine Parade Road between Fernwood Towers and Mandarin Gardens. Just saw a new one but this is further down, again on a road divider at the junction of Marine Parade Road and Marine Vista just below the overhead bridge.

Also saw some fresh SIs just outside Mandarin Gardens..these seemed to disappear and reappear again...

Just wait for the official announcement by gahmen..
    No point speculating over the mrt locations.
    They have to announce it sooner or later.

the SIs within marine terrace come as no surprise. there will be multi entrances/exits per station.
    im more concerned about the possible tanjong katong station. ive seen a couple of SIs in the expect vicinity recently, one being directly opposite the nursery at the junction of mountbatten and TK south road, and the other beside the bus stop in TK south park. SIs have been noted traversing meyer road and amber road. surely a couple of these SIs in TK south park/ junction is a suggestion as to a station there?

the SIs within marine terrace come as no surprise. there will be multi entrances/exits per station.
    im more concerned about the possible tanjong katong station. ive seen a couple of SIs in the expect vicinity recently, one being directly opposite the nursery at the junction of mountbatten and TK south road, and the other beside the bus stop in TK south park. SIs have been noted traversing meyer road and amber road. surely a couple of these SIs in TK south park/ junction is a suggestion as to a station there?
    Probably to cater for some schools nearby...

Default LTA awards $1.15b worth of contracts for Thomson, Eastern Region lines

Royston Sim | The Straits Times | Monday, Apr 21, 2014

SINGAPORE - Contracts worth nearly $1.15 billion have been awarded for the upcoming Thomson and Eastern Region Lines.

Get the full story from The Straits Times.

Statement from the Land Transport Authority:

Set to continue the expansion of Singapore's rail network, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) has awarded civil as well as electrical and mechanical contracts for the Thomson and Eastern Region Lines with a total value of nearly $1.15 billion. The contracts include the construction of Mt Pleasant, Stevens and Maxwell stations; and communications system, signalling system and platform screen doors for the two MRT Lines.

Scope of civil contracts

Construction of Mt Pleasant station and associated tunnels

The construction of Mt Pleasant station and its associated tunnels (T215) has been awarded to RSEA Engineering Corporation Privatised 2009 (RSEA) - Eng Lee Engineering Pte Ltd (Eng Lee) - Wai Fong Construction Pte Ltd (Wai Fong) Joint Venture at a contract sum of approximately $207 million.

RSEA Engineering Corporation is an international engineering and construction company established in Taiwan since 1956. RSEA has undertaken projects such as highways, bridges, building construction port facilities, power plant, airports, irrigation projects, sewage systems, dredging and other infrastructures. Eng Lee and Wai Fong are Singapore companies involved in civil engineering and building constructions. Besides operating as main contractors, both companies are also sub-contractors participating in various rail transit projects in Singapore. Contract T215 will be the JV's first rail project in Singapore.

Together with Woodlands, Lentor, Mayflower and Sin Ming stations announced earlier, Mt Pleasant station will serve as the fifth Civil Defence shelter along the Thomson Line.

Construction of Stevens station and associated tunnels

Contract T216 for the construction of Stevens station and its associated tunnels has been awarded to Daewoo Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd for a contract sum of approximately $441 million. Daewoo is a Korean construction company set up in 1973. As one of the leading construction companies in South Korea, its main construction projects in Korea include the Busan-Geoje Fixed Link and Wolseong Nuclear Power Plant while its major constructions abroad consist of the Menara Telekom Tower in Malaysia and Houay-Ho Dam in Laos. It has also completed numerous subways, double track line and high speed railroad projects in South Korea, e.g. Daegu Subway Line 2, Seoul Subway Line 7 and Busan Subway Line 3.

Stevens station will be an interchange station connecting the Thomson Line with Downtown Line, allowing commuters to enjoy connectivity between the Thomson and Bukit Timah corridors.

Construction of Maxwell station

The construction of Maxwell station (T223) has been awarded to Hock Lian Seng Infrastructure Pte Ltd at a contract sum of approximately $222 million. Hock Lian Seng Infrastructure is a construction company established in Singapore since 1969, and has undertaken numerous civil engineering projects such as rail transit projects, bridges, expressways, port facilities, water and sewage facilities in Singapore. The company is currently working on the construction of Downtown Line's Gali Batu Depot.

Construction for all three stations will commence in the second quarter of 2014 and complete by 2021.

Scope of electrical and mechanical contracts

Contract for signalling system and platform screen doors

Contract T252 for the provision of signalling system and platform screen doors has been awarded to GE Singapore Pte Ltd/GE Transportation Systems S.p.A/GE Transportation France SNC/GE Transportation Systems Global Signaling LLC Consortium (GE) at approximately $159 million. This contract includes design, manufacturing, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of the Signalling System and Platform Screen Doors for the entire Thomson and Eastern Region Lines.

The signalling system is designed based on the communication-based train control moving block signalling technology, automatic train supervision system and computer-based interlocking. This signalling system supports the fully automated driverless train operation.

GE has completed several railway signalling railway projects in North America, Brazil, Europe and Australia; and has performed a trial for the proposed signalling system in Hong Kong.

Contract for communications system

Contract T260 for provision of the communications system has been awarded to Singapore Technologies Electronics Limited (STE). The approximate value awarded for this contract is $124 million.

The communications system for the Thomson and Eastern Region Lines comprises many sub-systems such as the communications backbone network, digital trunked radio, video surveillance, public address, telephone and travel information systems. A reliable communications system is especially critical for the safe and efficient operation of a fully automated, driverless system.

STE has a strong presence in the rail transportation market in Singapore, the Philippines, Taiwan, China, Thailand, the UAE and Turkey since 1983. Its rail solutions include Integrated Supervisory Control Systems, Communication Systems, Automatic Fare Collection Systems, Platform Screen Doors and Maintenance Management Systems. STE is also currently involved in the Downtown Line, Tuas West Extension and Marina South Pier projects.

About the Thomson and Eastern Region Lines

The 30-km long Thomson Line will enhance rail connectivity in the north-south corridors to the Central Business District (CBD) and developments in the Marina Bay area. Fully underground, Thomson Line comprises 22 stations, including six interchange stations: Woodlands, Caldecott, Stevens, Orchard, Outram Park and Marina Bay. These interchange stations will link to the North-South-East-West Line (NSEWL), Downtown Line (DTL), North East Line (NEL) and Circle Line (CCL), providing greater accessibility and significantly improve travel time for commuters.

The Eastern Region Line will run together with the Thomson Line as one line. More details of the Eastern Region Line will be announced when ready.

The Eastern Region Line will run together with the Thomson Line as one line. More details of the Eastern Region Line will be announced when ready.

this is interesting ...
    the connecting station can only be marina bay, hence the same line?

Quote Originally Posted by vboy View Post