Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2712131415161718192021222732 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D15 *eastern region line

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    That's exactly what I think as well. As I have said before, for Marine Parade and West of it, the upside potential is limited with prices already so high. However East of Marine Parade the prices are still relatively low and therefore has more upside potential.

For return of investment, it may be more worthwhile looking into Telok Kurau, Siglap, Bedok South, Bayshore......etc. Many residents in Costa Del Sol/Bayshore are already holding out on selling in anticipation of an MRT announcement. However some other MRT speculators are betting on the ERL line veering inland to Upper East Coast Road instead.

This means the MRT line may miss the cluster of the Bayshore area. However how illogical it may sound in terms of population density consideration.

I think this information is what Sealover is withholding from us. Please share leh.....
    If the line is running below Marine Parade road, anything south of that is 99LH leh...

Anything north of it is low density housing... unless go for those....

Quote Originally Posted by sealover
    Let me share the soil investigation done so far for future mrt lines recorded by my group of friends. Only MP section is shown for those who are chasing the wild goose...

We are not prepared to share the rest. $$$$ sorry.
    Wat about any info beyond MP into the east along TK, Siglap, Bayshore, Bedok South, upper east coast and beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    If the line is running below Marine Parade road, anything south of that is 99LH leh...

Anything north of it is low density housing... unless go for those....
    There are many FH/999 properties East of MP. To me these properties are much more interesting. for e.g.... Ocean Park has great enbloc potential. Fernwood has been previously talked about unfavourably in this forum but an MRT at its doorstep could change its horoscope... this among many other hidden gems.

Further East we have Summit, Baycourt, Parbury....etc. The horoscope of all these places hinges on where the ERL MRT is going to be and where the exits are situated.

That's exactly what I think as well. As I have said before, for Marine Parade and West of it, the upside potential is limited with prices already so high. However East of Marine Parade the prices are still relatively low and therefore has more upside potential.

For return of investment, it may be more worthwhile looking into Telok Kurau, Siglap, Bedok South, Bayshore......etc. Many residents in Costa Del Sol/Bayshore are already holding out on selling in anticipation of an MRT announcement. However some other MRT speculators are betting on the ERL line veering inland to Upper East Coast Road instead.

This means the MRT line may miss the cluster of the Bayshore area. However how illogical it may sound in terms of population density consideration.

I think this information is what Sealover is withholding from us. Please share leh.....
    My opinion is tg rhu is still relatively undervalue with price $1k to $1.2k psf depending on facing and which project. My guess is station is likely be near to the walk bridge to indoor stadium. Water pl, PBay, TgRia will benefit most. Just my

Sorry Bro, my team spent last few years collecting datas and already secured positions around stations we are very sure. What I can say is that those who hope to have station next to Chinese S club an Siglap V will be disappointed.

There are many FH/999 properties East of MP. To me these properties are much more interesting. for e.g.... Ocean Park has great enbloc potential. Fernwood has been previously talked about unfavourably in this forum but an MRT at its doorstep could change its horoscope... this among many other hidden gems.

Further East we have Summit, Baycourt, Parbury....etc. The horoscope of all these places hinges on where the ERL MRT is going to be and where the exits are situated.
    I aso believe fernwood twr got great potential....

Those summit etc may not b as near to erl....i still tink erl gona b along coastal line n later on the big green state land from costa del sol all the way to bedok camp will b developed....recoup bck the cost of building erl

[quote=howgozit]There are many FH/999 properties East of MP. To me these properties are much more interesting. for e.g.... Ocean Park has great enbloc potential. Fernwood has been previously talked about unfavourably in this forum but an MRT at its doorstep could change its horoscope... this among many other hidden gems.

I have said this before; has anyone ever wondered why to the south of Marine Parade Road where the developments like Tierre Vue, Grand Duchess @ St Patrick's and the upcoming St Patrick's Residences are only 6 stories high, whereas Ocean Park and Fernwood Towers are the exceptions?

If one is serious enough to buy Ocean Park and Fernwood Towers for en bloc potential, my advice is better check out why.

Is there a possibility that their plot ratios can be reversed? As far as I know, there arent any high rise condos in that vicinity, even new ones that are being built and not launched yet.

My 2 worth....

[quote=tkc2263]

I have said this before; has anyone ever wondered why to the south of Marine Parade Road where the developments like Tierre Vue, Grand Duchess @ St Patrick's and the upcoming St Patrick's Residences are only 6 stories high, whereas Ocean Park and Fernwood Towers are the exceptions?

If one is serious enough to buy Ocean Park and Fernwood Towers for en bloc potential, my advice is better check out why.

Is there a possibility that their plot ratios can be reversed? As far as I know, there arent any high rise condos in that vicinity, even new ones that are being built and not launched yet.

My 2 worth....
    same with eastern lagoon 1 and 2 further up the road. but what is interesting is that both Ocean park and fernwood have plot ratios of 2.8 and 3.0 and are tall. but yet eastern lagoon 2 is only 1.4 but rather tall as well.

[QUOTE=tkc2263]

My 2 worth....
    Fernwood shd b ok la....mandarin garden aso high rise....

U been to haig road? Haig court is high rise but across the lane is low rise like haig residence

[QUOTE=mkl22]
    Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263

same with eastern lagoon 1 and 2 further up the road. but what is interesting is that both Ocean park and fernwood have plot ratios of 2.8 and 3.0 and are tall. but yet eastern lagoon 2 is only 1.4 but rather tall as well.
    Do u hf the land size of fernwood twr?

[quote=devilplate]
    Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    Do u hf the land size of fernwood twr?
    see this link
    http://www.expatsingapore.com/forum/...topic=5525.855

scroll down to a post by someone called thinker...

but not sure if info here is correct.

i post it here

Fernwwod yes, yes! I almost bought a unit there last year, so cheap then. 1600+sqf with seaview in living room and 2 other bedrooms going for only 800k. No sold at $1.47m. Almost double in 6 months.

AS for enbloc potential now, it may be an diamond yet to be mined. Below are my points,

1. Location - only a short walk to the buz of siglap yet away from the crowd and ECP.

2. Facing - can be built to have both seaview and landed view units. Both types are in high demand.

3. This is freehold and only 215 units - no such problem as privatisation, DC, lease top-up, in-house fighting, disagreement and etc faced in NC, LP and MD.

4. Land size is about 141ksqf, current build-up around 360ksqf, plot ratio is 3. Rumour that they asking to increase plot ratio to 3.8 but there is still uncertain. Assuming still at 3, estimated to be able to add another 20%. This does not look much compared to MD and LP. But still possible

5. If a new 99yr leasehold condo at NC site can be sold at 1000psf, a new freehold condo at fernwood site should command at least 1500psf. At this price, assume a developer pay 1000ppr,they would still make around S$150m profit. At 1000ppr, a 1200sqf unit there will net arould 1.4m.

6. this is a easy target, lower investment cost and risk than enblocing a multi-billion site with 2000 units to sell.

Tat guy calculation quite accurate....

Now fernwood asking abt 1.2xmil....if enbloc meaning 1.4mil....not so attractive oredi...plus u may nid to spend 100k on reno....unless can fetch higher enbloc px

this post was in july 2007. prices was about 700-800psf then.

[quote=devilplate]
    Fernwood shd b ok la....mandarin garden aso high rise....

U been to haig road? Haig court is high rise but across the lane is low rise like haig residence
    Devilplate, maybe I should have narrowed down the area as such.

Lets take Neptune Court, Mandarin Gardens, Laguna Park and Lagoon View as Tier 1 and south of Marine Parade Road up to East Coast Road with projects like Tiere Vue, Grand Duchess @ St Patrick's, Ocean Park and Fernwood Towers as Tier 2, only the latter 2 are high rise. Why??

Why didnt the developer of St Patrick's Residences (now under construction) ask for higher plot ratio? Another point to note there is a new construction site, (behind NC and MG) and just 3 stones' throw away alongside Fernwood Towers, I bet it wont be high rise as well.

Devilplate, I am not taking Haig Court into account because we are talking of en bloc potential and also Haig Court falls outside the area we are discussing.

Another side point to ponder; the privatisation costs (per unit basis) at Lagoon View (just privatised) is almost half that of Neptune Court. I must qualify that NC is still in talks with the relevant agencies regarding the privatisation of the estate. When questioned why the disparity, the standard answer is "NC has better potential", whatever that means...

In case you are interested, the privatisation costs were quoted at $40m, $141m (yes) and a couple of months back, $43m...moving targets??

I dont know what to say!!!

My 2 worth...

I tink we shdnt worry on plot ratio as stated in masterplan?

I dun remember any project got their plot ratio reduced....only heard of up n nvr down rite?

As for hudc, not keen....

Was looking at fernwood twr only ....if stn really nearby, den huat liao....got chance up plot ratio somemore

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    I tink we shdnt worry on plot ratio as stated in masterplan?

I dun remember any project got their plot ratio reduced....only heard of up n nvr down rite?

My advice .. Never say Never, buy there is always a 1st..

Was looking at fernwood twr only ....if stn really nearby, den huat liao....got chance up plot ratio somemore
    Ft..up plot ratio?? Unlikely...

Heard of Siglap Court? Hint hint..

My 2 worth..

Ft..up plot ratio?? Unlikely...

Heard of Siglap Court? Hint hint..

My 2 worth..
    Siglap court yummy...but can find a seller selling at reasonale px anot

Siglap court yummy...but can find a seller selling at reasonale px anot
    My all time favourite..Finland Gardens...

My all time favourite..Finland Gardens...
    Got one selling at 12xxpsf....enbloc price oredi...haha

Fernwood got one 10xxpsf high flr wif seaview....cannot enbloc at least can enjoy the partial seaview? Lol

Got one selling at 12xxpsf....enbloc price oredi...haha

Fernwood got one 10xxpsf high flr wif seaview....cannot enbloc at least can enjoy the partial seaview? Lol
    Finland already went thru one unsuccessful attempt at enbloc a few years ago. The pricing now is already factoring enbloc. The area there is fantastic (ie junction of Siglap and East Coast Road) though chances of ERL running thru is unlikely as Sealover has hinted.

The only problem with buying Finland for own stay is that they are all walk-up apartments. Those staying 3rd floor up may find it tiring. One interesting layout in Finland has one of those big units that offers one room that can be entered from a seperate entrance and can be blocked off from the main unit. This can be useful for renting part of unit instead of the whole unit. Or renting two sub-units.

By the way, does anybody know what is to become of the 4 blocks of low-rise HDB at that junction? It is sitting on way too hot an area for the government to leave it as such. One of the rumour is that they are going to build the Siglap station there, but Sealover has discounted that already. So any other rumours?

Cheers!

Finland already went thru one unsuccessful attempt at enbloc a few years ago. The pricing now is already factoring enbloc. The area there is fantastic (ie junction of Siglap and East Coast Road) though chances of ERL running thru is unlikely as Sealover has hinted.

The only problem with buying Finland for own stay is that they are all walk-up apartments. Those staying 3rd floor up may find it tiring. One interesting layout in Finland has one of those big units that offers one room that can be entered from a seperate entrance and can be blocked off from the main unit. This can be useful for renting part of unit instead of the whole unit. Or renting two sub-units.

By the way, does anybody know what is to become of the 4 blocks of low-rise HDB at that junction? It is sitting on way too hot an area for the government to leave it as such. One of the rumour is that they are going to build the Siglap station there, but Sealover has discounted that already. So any other rumours?

Cheers!
    not so sure

Cheers!
    Hello, dont anyhow quote my message ok. I said unlikely station next to Siglap V doesnt mean that no station next to Fernwood. In fact shoud be very near........may even named it Siglap station.

Hello, dont anyhow quote my message ok. I said unlikely station next to Siglap V doesnt mean that no station next to Fernwood. In fact shoud be very near........may even named it Siglap station.
    Hey bro, relax and read properly lah. I was writing about to FINLAND GARDENS not Fernwood Twrs which I already talked about on my last post.

Finland is closer to East Coast Road then MP Road. But even if the station opens beside Fernwood, Finland is not too far away either.

Fernwood twr looks run down....do u guys noe when they r due for next paint job n touch up in the communal areas? Or they r trying for enbloc now?

Fernwood twr looks run down....do u guys noe when they r due for next paint job n touch up in the communal areas? Or they r trying for enbloc now?
    I am pretty sure FG will soon be on en bloc trail again...

Land size very "biteable"....

However, potential developer must first take care of the birds/crows at the road juction of Siglap Road and East Coast Road...the word to describe is HELLISH!!

My 2 worth..

I am pretty sure FG will soon be on en bloc trail again...

Land size very "biteable"....

However, potential developer must first take care of the birds/crows at the road juction of Siglap Road and East Coast Road...the word to describe is HELLISH!!

My 2 worth..
    the bird crowding will affect axis@siglap and siglap V....fernwood is quite far away lah

the bird crowding will affect axis@siglap and siglap V....fernwood is quite far away lah
    But i like to watch the 'birds' at siglap...espically at the cafes and hair salons there....

Many speculate siglap station is at that small plot behind Victoria School.

Enbloc akan datang.

My friend is actually looking at fernwood but is put off a bit by the address translated to chinese...