Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617222732 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D15 *eastern region line

Juz had coffee today with my old friend. Out of the blue he said he wans to buy a ppty now at bedok reservoir.

I ask him why?

He said "aiya, in afew years time MRT will be build there lo..."

I tink everyone loves the music from rails...

Quote Originally Posted by pod
    Juz had coffee today with my old friend. Out of the blue he said he wans to buy a ppty now at bedok reservoir.

I ask him why?

its good that the MRT serves more and more area...

long long ago .. everyone wants to be near Bus interchange ..
    and when there was a feeder bus outside your block .. your block is considered Prime ..

now we take a leap .. MRT circle line will boost the condos ..just like how the feeder bus route boosted the hdb those days ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    its good that the MRT serves more and more area...

long long ago .. everyone wants to be near Bus interchange ..
    and when there was a feeder bus outside your block .. your block is considered Prime ..

now we take a leap .. MRT circle line will boost the condos ..just like how the feeder bus route boosted the hdb those days ...
    Agree with u.

End of the day, this reflects the general response from people looking for ideal residential ppties.

A good connected estate will generally benefits the residents.

I hate those days when I was young (schooling) when i have to take a bus to reach the mrt. And then take another bus to reach school@#?!@ very very tiring

For now, an uncle like me will hope to stay in an estate that is well served with public transport. (WORLD CLASS )

I don't get it. Why pay some $150-200k more today to wait for mass public transport that will be ready in 5 years, and put up with incessant noise, dust, and jams for 3 odd years, and after to get packed like sardines smelling foreign armpits? Might as well take taxi every day cheaper and more comfy, or buy a car.

Again, to me the only advantage of an mrt station is not the mrt itself, but rather IF a substantial commercial/shopping hub is built along side it. Not all mrt stations have the propensity to accomodate commercial tho

I'm an amateur property newbie so perhaps somebody can enlighten me about this 'MRT' effect?
    Last edited by gfoo; 27-08-10 at 23:30.

Some say East coast might eventually be the only place without MRT and others think there will definitely be one.

Conclusion:

Win-Win situation

1) No MRT: East coast will be the most "Unique" estate and this creates (or retains) enough charm for prices to appreciate and become an upmarket area.

2) With MRT: there will be enough home buyers / investors to push prices further up!

Regarding the debate on whether it is foolish to buy property based on speculation of the MRT lines, I think everyone has their own views and I guess its really the rude and irritating remarks of some forumer (you know who you are) that make people want to whack you!

In any case, buying 1 or more properties nowadays is not big deal and some people are just buying for fun and can afford to even lose it all....

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I also don't get it. Seems like some one-sided wishful thinking?
    Near MRT station but in some lousy location also useless?
    Near MRT station and in some good location but not near any shopping malls also not as desirable as those + near shopping malls?

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    I don't get it. Why pay some $150-200k more today to wait for mass public transport that will be ready in 5 years, and put up with incessant noise, dust, and jams for 3 odd years, and after to get packed like sardines smelling foreign armpits? Might as well take taxi every day cheaper and more comfy, or buy a car.

Again, to me the only advantage of an mrt station is not the mrt itself, but rather IF a substantial commercial/shopping hub is built along side it. Not all mrt stations have the propensity to accomodate commercial tho

I'm an amateur property newbie so perhaps somebody can enlighten me about this 'MRT' effect?

Quote Originally Posted by pod

I ask him why?

i wonder if they build a condo next to Kranji MRT
    will anyone buy ?

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo

Having a shopping complex also means you have to put up with the dust/noise during construction. Sometimes, the shopping centre holds events in the outside atrium and blares loud music through its speakers in the morning or night. People may also park illegally in front of yr house or causing traffic jams waiting for their wives/girlfriends.

For me, I rather have a MRT station at my doorstep with a major shopping mall a few stops away.

You also ask why pay more now? I think the whole point of the thread is NOT to pay more now because the stations are not known yet and sellers have not adjusted their prices. Once the stations are announced, the price you would have paid will have been considered a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i wonder if they build a condo next to Kranji MRT
    will anyone buy ?
    Depends on the price. 500psf in today market i will bite. Mabe some chinese horsey punters love it!

Spoken like a true investor. Can also rent to jockeys.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Depends on the price. 500psf in today market i will bite. Mabe some chinese horsey punters love it!

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Having a shopping complex also means you have to put up with the dust/noise during construction. Sometimes, the shopping centre holds events in the outside atrium and blares loud music through its speakers in the morning or night. People may also park illegally in front of yr house or causing traffic jams waiting for their wives/girlfriends.

For me, I rather have a MRT station at my doorstep with a major shopping mall a few stops away.

You also ask why pay more now? I think the whole point of the thread is NOT to pay more now because the stations are not known yet and sellers have not adjusted their prices. Once the stations are announced, the price you would have paid will have been considered a steal.
    Thank you sir for your wisdom. As prices now are already stratospheric esp for mass market, thus are you suggesting that these mrts will help mitigate losses when the bubble breaks? Also just got an sms from feo saying they are increasing prices for wfg

East Coast will have an MRT line lah - whether prices will be pushed up further is not clear. Bear in mind this area is the leader in terms of MM hotel-room size apartments to sqeeze out the highest possible PSF. Reclaimed land and everything artificial very charming meh? Maybe Lim Chu Kang farms without those MM units more charming

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine23
    Some say East coast might eventually be the only place without MRT and others think there will definitely be one.

Conclusion:

Win-Win situation

1) No MRT: East coast will be the most "Unique" estate and this creates (or retains) enough charm for prices to appreciate and become an upmarket area.

2) With MRT: there will be enough home buyers / investors to push prices further up!

Regarding the debate on whether it is foolish to buy property based on speculation of the MRT lines, I think everyone has their own views and I guess its really the rude and irritating remarks of some forumer (you know who you are) that make people want to whack you!

In any case, buying 1 or more properties nowadays is not big deal and some people are just buying for fun and can afford to even lose it all....

1) Leader in terms of MMs???? ARE you sure? Which district does not have so many MMs now?

2) If East Coast and Katong does not have charm, why would it be one of the most popular places to stay in Singapore?

D15 is one of, if not, the most sought after district to stay in....

maybe you prefer to stay in Lim Chu Kang rather rather in Katong/ East Coast?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    East Coast will have an MRT line lah - whether prices will be pushed up further is not clear. Bear in mind this area is the leader in terms of MM hotel-room size apartments to sqeeze out the highest possible PSF. Reclaimed land and everything artificial very charming meh? Maybe Lim Chu Kang farms without those MM units more charming

Ok lah. D15 is the MOST sought after district and you are the best staying in the most sought-after district. So high class - everyone else cannot afford and look up to you since you are so sought-after in the most sought-after district. Happy already? Just trying to say that maybe it's not as sought after as you think. D15 has the most MMs compared to any other areas lah. Go propertyguru and search for property less than $600k and see which district come out tops. This is a fact.

Just trying to see your reaction lah. Because in this forum, no one else says their area is the MOST SOUGHT AFTER or MOST HIGH-CLASS other than people in D15. It's food for thought. Why would anyone go around saying they're so sought after is beyond me.

And I always say, if one has to resort to saying "I am very rich" or "I am staying in the MOST SOUGHT AFTER district" - then it's probably not the most sought-after district. The real rich and sophisticated don't go around doing that in your face.

As I've a friend who speaks just like you. He stays in a small MM in Telok Kurau and he also likes to go around bragging he is staying in the "most sough-after district". The rest of us, including a friend who stays in a GCB in Cluny, usually just roll our eyes. Do you really have to say that? And really? You think it is that sought-after? Such bragging just puts people off.

1) Leader in terms of MMs???? ARE you sure? Which district does not have so many MMs now?

2) If East Coast and Katong does not have charm, why would it be one of the most popular places to stay in Singapore?

D15 is one of, if not, the most sought after district to stay in....

maybe you prefer to stay in Lim Chu Kang rather rather in Katong/ East Coast?
    Last edited by Wild Falcon; 28-08-10 at 16:06.

targetting MM is alrite....BUT dun tok down D15

investors generally still prefer D15 after 1,2,4,9,10,11

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Why? because 15 is in alphabetical order after 11?
    Next time D1 is too old and run out of land, D0 will be created and the process of selling 99LH land started all over again with the focus of development in D0 (NOT D1). Then, D1 will be taken back free of charge after 99 years lease runs out and then rebuilt and re-marketed again as the focus development area (NOT D0). Then process repeated D0<->D1. Haha! Many are quite clear how the games goes to milk the 99LH.................

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Why? because 15 is in alphabetical order after 11?
    Next time D1 is too old and run out of land, D0 will be created and the process of selling 99LH land started all over again with the focus of development in D0 (NOT D1). Then, D1 will be taken back free of charge after 99 years lease runs out and then rebuilt and re-marketed again as the focus development area (NOT D0). Then process repeated D0<->D1. Haha! Many are quite clear how the games goes to milk the 99LH.................
    ???

let ur future generation worry about it....

nobody noes wat will happen in future...WW3??? Nuclear?

???

let ur future generation worry about it....

nobody noes wat will happen in future...WW3??? Nuclear?
    lol. by the time my lease runs out my baby will be late 90s, and any grandchildren i might have will be in their 60s. And unless they have a cure for aging i will be long long gone. let's all get past 2012/2013 first, then see how. lol

Your reply reflects your immaturity. In an annoymous forum, it might still be ok for you but for your own good, I hope these thoughts do not implusively translate into your speech and actions in reality.

I seriously cannot see why D15 has the largest concentration of MMs? MMs are all over Singapore now.

Another serious question: Do you really stay around Lim Chu Kang?

Ok lah. D15 is the MOST sought after district and you are the best staying in the most sought-after district. So high class - everyone else cannot afford and look up to you since you are so sought-after in the most sought-after district. Happy already? Just trying to say that maybe it's not as sought after as you think. D15 has the most MMs compared to any other areas lah. Go propertyguru and search for property less than $600k and see which district come out tops. This is a fact.

Just trying to see your reaction lah. Because in this forum, no one else says their area is the MOST SOUGHT AFTER or MOST HIGH-CLASS other than people in D15. It's food for thought. Why would anyone go around saying they're so sought after is beyond me.

And I always say, if one has to resort to saying "I am very rich" or "I am staying in the MOST SOUGHT AFTER district" - then it's probably not the most sought-after district. The real rich and sophisticated don't go around doing that in your face.

As I've a friend who speaks just like you. He stays in a small MM in Telok Kurau and he also likes to go around bragging he is staying in the "most sough-after district". The rest of us, including a friend who stays in a GCB in Cluny, usually just roll our eyes. Do you really have to say that? And really? You think it is that sought-after? Such bragging just puts people off.

If you can't see D15 has a lot of MMs, more than any other districts, then I feel sorry for you.

Please go to propertyguru.com and search properties less than $500k. The problem with people like you is, you make sweeping comments without doing some basic diligence. Comments like "I stay in the most sought after district". Do you really think words like that put you in a good light?

The below link hopefully appears. It shows the cheapest condos in Singapore - filterd by less than $500k.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singa...erty_type_code[]=CONDO&property_type_code[]=APT&property_type_code[]=WALK&property_type_code[]=CLUS&property_type_code[]=EXCON&maxprice=500000&distance=0.5&smm=1

You tell me - which district appear most? D15 - the unequivocal winner. Tembeling, isuites, Suites @ Katong, The Cotz etc etc. So why are u living in denial?

And what did I say that is immature? If I say D15 has a lot of MM - I support it with real facts. Going around saying "I stay in the most sought after district." That has no substance other than bragging like a 3 year old kid. Do you really that statement is so mature? Give me a break. I've read your other posts - nothing ever of any substance. Generally around the "D15 is so sought-after" line of thought. So mature. Really?

Your reply reflects your immaturity. In an annoymous forum, it might still be ok for you but for your own good, I hope these thoughts do not implusively translate into your speech and actions in reality.

I seriously cannot see why D15 has the largest concentration of MMs? MMs are all over Singapore now.

Another serious question: Do you really stay around Lim Chu Kang?

Not talking down on D15 MMs. After all, MMs may make good investments. I'm just against people who like to say "I stay in most sought after district" machiam they're very smart. Seriously, how shallow can one be? Or arguing that D15 doesn't have a lot of MMs when in reality, it has! Everyone has to say things with some basis please.

Hahhaha. Reminds me of a dude who also made a sweeping claim that a particular MRT line is useless. We really shouldn't be so immature.

If you can't see D15 has a lot of MMs, more than any other districts, then I feel sorry for you.

Please go to propertyguru.com and search properties less than $500k. The problem with people like you is, you make sweeping comments without doing some basic diligence. Comments like "I stay in the most sought after district". Do you really think words like that put you in a good light?

The below link hopefully appears. It shows the cheapest condos in Singapore - filterd by less than $500k.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singa...erty_type_code[]=CONDO&property_type_code[]=APT&property_type_code[]=WALK&property_type_code[]=CLUS&property_type_code[]=EXCON&maxprice=500000&distance=0.5&smm=1

You tell me - which district appear most? D15 - the unequivocal winner. Tembeling, isuites, Suites @ Katong, The Cotz etc etc. So why are u living in denial?

And what did I say that is immature? If I say D15 has a lot of MM - I support it with real facts. Going around saying "I stay in the most sought after district." That has no substance other than bragging like a 3 year old kid. Do you really that statement is so mature? Give me a break. I've read your other posts - nothing ever of any substance. Generally around the "D15 is so sought-after" line of thought. So mature. Really?

The DTL3 is inefficient. That is also an opinion supported by facts and not a sweeping claim And again, I have stated my reasons. Please go to that thread. A sweeping statement is one without justification. I have said there is not interchanges near the city center and no direct link to NS and EW line. So, residents would have to commute in a roundabout manner (many stations and transfers) to hit town or shopping district. And I really think residents should petition for better connectivity, and not live in denial. The DTL 3line definitely can be improved.

That is not a sweeping statement Pls use words carefully. Dictionary.com may help.

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Hahhaha. Reminds me of a dude who also made a sweeping claim that a particular MRT line is useless. We really shouldn't be so immature.

My apologies. I suppose wolverine23's sweeping statement, which coincidentally appears to be similar to reports of d15 being most popular 4 years running, is nothing like yours, which is strongly supported by your perceived facts (aka opinion). Anyways.....

The DTL3 is inefficient. That is also an opinion supported by facts and not a sweeping claim And again, I have stated my reasons. Please go to that thread. A sweeping statement is one without justification. I have said there is not interchanges near the city center and no direct link to NS and EW line. So, residents would have to commute in a roundabout manner (many stations and transfers) to hit town or shopping district. And I really think residents should petition for better connectivity, and not live in denial. The DTL 3line definitely can be improved.

That is not a sweeping statement Pls use words carefully. Dictionary.com may help.

You better take your claims back - "I stay in the most sought after district."

When did you ever see me posting this?

And sorry, I do not have time to read your other post, just these few postings should be enough for me to pass a judgement on you.

For me, its simple. I put my $$$ where my mouth is. I have bought properties in D15 and will be considering to buy more in D15 as well. period.

For your info, MMs does not necessary = <S$500k or S$600K (depending on yr mood????)

If you do not even know what is a MM, forget the whole discussion and enjoy your LCK.... so do you stay there?

BTW, if it surprises you, I don't have a unit in Lim Chu Kang. but I do have a unit in the "most sought after district" that you've named. Don't assume people only say good things about the districts they have investmet in

After filtering less than $500k, go down the list and tell me the size of the units ok? All 300-400+ sq ft, if they are not MMs, what are they? The list will include Tembeling Suites, iSuites@Marshall, Studios@ Tembeling, Tembeling Residences, Haig 162, The Cotz, Jupiter 18, new MM in Telok Kurau, Joo Chiat MM(31 units) etc,. And if you even bother to do any research, you will realise that D15 is #1, the close #2-4 when it comes to MM would be D14, D12 and D16. Interestingly, they're all in the same locality - so the MMs are rather concentrated between D12 - D15 - the RCR. Yes, other areas also have MMs, but they're not in such high concentration and are larger in size/quantum - in short, they don't attact the "lowest level" investor with budget less tha $500k.

Anyway, nothing wrong with MMs. I don't see why you're so in denial that their locality has a lot of MMs. If you're staying there, it's a trend you just have to deal with. It may be a postive trend. After all, MMs tend to squeeze out the maximum PSF.

You better take your claims back - "I stay in the most sought after district."

When did you ever see me posting this?

And sorry, I do not have time to read your other post, just these few postings should be enough for me to pass a judgement on you.

For me, its simple. I put my $$$ where my mouth is. I have bought properties in D15 and will be considering to buy more in D15 as well. period.

For your info, MMs does not necessary = <S$500k or S$600K (depending on yr mood????)

If you do not even know what is a MM, forget the whole discussion and enjoy your LCK.... so do you stay there?

Sorry having the largest number of transaction doesn't mean it's the most "sought-after". A place is sought after because it is rare - sought-after mean "desired". D15 will always have the largest volume but highest volume doesn't mean it's the most "wished for" or "desired". D15 will always have the highest volume even in the next 10 years. U know why? Because it has 500+ condos/apartments. No other area has such high density or so heavily built up. Look at classifieds. Which district always has the most number of pages on sale at any point in time? High supply also means high volume. But high volume doesn't mean an area is sought-after. Sought-after places are usually hard to come by - that's why it is so desired. You may say a D10 GCB is sought-after, even if it has very low volume.

In short "sought after" has nothing to do with high volume. These are 2 different things.

Anyway, I've enough of giving basic English lessons liao.

If it makes you happy, D15 is the most sought-after district in the entire Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    My apologies. I suppose wolverine23's sweeping statement, which coincidentally appears to be similar to reports of d15 being most popular 4 years running, is nothing like yours, which is strongly supported by your perceived facts (aka opinion). Anyways.....

I simply dont understand this debate abt "most sought after".

Frankly, everyone is of the opinion that the place they stay in is the most sought after la! Self justification. So please do not continue this useless debate.

Rather spend me time telling us abt the facts. If u notice a Sea View unit sold for $1,000 psf, tell us ! If u notice a One Amber unit sold for $1,800 psf - also tell us ! We are all here to share and learn.

This is the same symdrome as people telling others their kids are so smart, the smartest kid in Singapore and Johor ! I always deem that as damn lame!

Also please dont argue micro facts, a condo near MRT is always of higher value than one that is not. ceteris peribus. But if u invest in a place where MRT is considered a negative factor, then its otherwise. Imagine, a MRT at Nassim Park ?

Cool

Sorry having the largest number of transaction doesn't mean it's the most "sought-after". A place is sought after because it is rare - sought-after mean "desired". D15 will always have the largest volume but highest volume doesn't mean it's the most "wished for" or "desired". D15 will always have the highest volume even in the next 10 years. U know why? Because it has 500+ condos/apartments. No other area has such high density or so heavily built up. Look at classifieds. Which district always has the most number of pages on sale at any point in time? High supply also means high volume. But high volume doesn't mean an area is sought-after. Sought-after places are usually hard to come by - that's why it is so desired. You may say a D10 GCB is sought-after, even if it has very low volume.

In short "sought after" has nothing to do with high volume. These are 2 different things.

Anyway, I've enough of giving basic English lessons liao.

If it makes you happy, D15 is the most sought-after district in the entire Singapore.
    My friend owns a unit in D15, one of the boutique condos...he rented it out cos he told me he won't stay there unless he stops driving. Traffic is really bad and he believes it's gonna get worse...

I have lived in the East for a long time but I am leaving as the traffic is bad and will get worse. Don't have the 'laid-back' feel unless you move far East like Changi.