Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4914151617181920212223242934 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D15 *eastern region line

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    I dun think the announcement will be made so quickly. Best to keep till later. Mrt sure have lah, to airport n beyond.
    Agree, I think announcements for MRT lines will not be made anytime soon. This will be counter productive to MND's objective of trying to cool the market.

The best time to release such news would be when the market is in the doldrums and need positive news to lift it out and lead a buying trend.... maybe 2013/4?

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Agree, I think announcements for MRT lines will not be made anytime soon. This will be counter productive to MND's objective of trying to cool the market.

The best time to release such news would be when the market is in the doldrums and need positive news to lift it out and lead a buying trend.... maybe 2013/4?
    my guess... after next elections. (as reward and not as incentive)

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Maybe, multiple exits.
    Dun flame me, here my simple view
    Siglap mrt near Siglap v, telok kurau mrt at st pat, marine parade mrt in republic, and Amber mrt in silver sea Amber loop.
    I hope Amber MRT is at the other end of Amber Road.. where Tanjong Katong Road South is. There's a park there where the MRT could be built. Possible? Then at least the landed properties there also get to enjoy it...

MRT Announcement coming

I dun think the announcement will be made so quickly. Best to keep till later. Mrt sure have lah, to airport n beyond.
    They have to announce before they start construction of the mrt lines. And with such a massive project it will take at least 6 years or more to complete. As such, the announcement is coming end of this year or early next year the latest if they want the mrt up and running by 2019.

They cant possibly announce after construction started right ?? Silly

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    They have to announce before they start construction of the mrt lines. And with such a massive project it will take at least 6 years or more to complete. As such, the announcement is coming end of this year or early next year the latest if they want the mrt up and running by 2019.

They cant possibly announce after construction started right ?? Silly
    yes lah silly. It all depends on the policy makers. Whoever told u it will defintely be up and running by 2019. Which political party and will it still be rulling them? Never assume that things or plans will never change. U can even change your sex if u want. In future, perhaps ur silly brain by some bio implant.

I thought sealover already rule out station next to Siglap V and Amber Loop based on soil test data he collected.[/quote]

Yah lor and Sealover seems pretty sure about it.

Wrt Siglap station if you trawl the internet, you'll find conflicting views. Both views are equally convinced that it will go one way or the other ( ie. stay on MP and on to Bayshore or turn towards East Coast after MP).

That is why Finland Gardens is such a gem as it straddles btw MP and East Coast. Whether Siglap station is near Fernwood or Siglap V, Finland is a short walk to both.

spotted soil testing outside neptune court. on the end closer to VJC.

Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    Looks like Sealover is right.

As already mentioned by me acouple of days ago..

Update on soil testing sites..

As of this morning...

Marine Parade Road, alongside Neptune Court, before you turn left into Marine Vista to join ECP

Further down Marine Parade Road, very near to the Police Station just behind the bus stop..

My gut feel, there will be an exit point at the latter's site.

Logic being, the dug site (playground) now is big enough and there are Katong Convent, St Pats and VJC, at least 8 HDB blocks and numerous new low rise walk-up apartments.

My 2 worth

I passed by this area every morning to work...

There is a small sky blue board that says Soil testing and foundation'

Crystal clear now??

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    As already mentioned by me acouple of days ago..

Update on soil testing sites..

As of this morning...

Marine Parade Road, alongside Neptune Court, before you turn left into Marine Vista to join ECP

Further down Marine Parade Road, very near to the Police Station just behind the bus stop..

My gut feel, there will be an exit point at the latter's site.

Logic being, the dug site (playground) now is big enough and there are Katong Convent, St Pats and VJC, at least 8 HDB blocks and numerous new low rise walk-up apartments.

My 2 worth

I passed by this area every morning to work...

There is a small sky blue board that says Soil testing and foundation'

Crystal clear now??

Is that a soil testing outside Laguna park (or is it outside Lagoon view)?

yes lah silly. It all depends on the policy makers. Whoever told u it will defintely be up and running by 2019. Which political party and will it still be rulling them? Never assume that things or plans will never change. U can even change your sex if u want. In future, perhaps ur silly brain by some bio implant.
    Sorry u sound offended by my earlier comments but I am being straightforward. Its already confirmed by LTA itself that the Eastern Regional Lines will be up and running latest by 2020. Not by me or any other political parties. The decision to construct the lines was not decided by PAP but by LTA which is a non affiliated statutory body. So even if PAP loses in the next election, the mrt lines will still be constructed.

As such, LTA will likely announce the locations for the mrt stations latest by next year for the Eastern Regional Line as it needs to design the stations and get the public feedback too on this. Its a many years project and not a 1 year project. Its common sense.

I guess u dont have the slightest idea what u talking about.

It's ok. U will understand it one day.

I am not offended and hope that u r not too..

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    Is that a soil testing outside Laguna park (or is it outside Lagoon view)?
    Its Laguna Park. Just outside its main entrance.

Looks like Thomson line may be announced soon. ERL will follow in due course

TODAY ONLINE
    Thomson Line to terminate near Republic Polytechnic

It will integrate with rail system to Johor; land for depot in Mandai gazetted

by Neo Chai Chin and Wayne Chan
    04:47 AM Jun 17, 2011

SINGAPORE - Residents in Woodlands could see greater interest in their properties, while Singapore's largest orchid farm in Mandai will have to relocate, following the latest plans for the 30-kilometre Thomson Line (TSL) that will start running by 2018.

If the proposed Rapid Transit System Link between Singapore and Johor Baru goes according to plan, the two lines will be integrated at the TSL's northern-most terminal station, which the Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced yesterday: At a site near Republic Polytechnic.

The station will be north of the Woodlands MRT Station, which will be the future interchange for the Thomson and North South lines, the LTA said.

Further details of the TSL, such as its alignment and the sites of other stations, will be released after detailed engineering studies are completed.

The four-carriage trains that will ply the fully underground line will be able to transport 40,000 passengers per hour in each direction. The new line was reported in 2008 to have 18 stations and will bring commuters to the Marina Bay area, passing through estates such as Ang Mo Kio, Sin Ming and Thomson.

With LTA's announcement, Dennis Wee Group director Chris Koh expects property prices near the future terminal station to rise once the Rapid Transit System Link is completed. Citing the heavy passenger movement between Singapore and Johor Baru daily, Mr Koh said: "I won't be surprised if prices go up by five to 10 per cent easily."

The LTA has also gazetted a site in Mandai for TSL's depot. Construction on the 32-hectare depot, set to be the largest here, will begin at the end of next year.

Singapore's fifth train depot - after Bishan, Changi, Ulu Pandan and Tuas (to be completed in 2016) - will house up to 90 trains.

As a result, the 43-hectare Orchidville farm - equivalent to the size of 60 football fields - will have to move. It has been on a 20-year lease from the Government since 1993.

Its owner Joseph Phua, 56, who will be entitled to statutory compensation under the Land Acquisition Act, told MediaCorp yesterday that over half of the 1.5 million plants - including some rare ones costing up to S$600 each - at the farm may have to be disposed of.

He also said he will likely have to downsize his operations to a fifth of what it is now, as it would be difficult to find a equivalent-size piece of land. The farm, which employs about 100 workers, will then have to retrench some employees.

Mr Phua will meet the authorities next month to discuss compensation and hopes to secure an alternative site in Mandai. He also hopes the cost of relocating could be defrayed.

"There are so many plants for us to move and to develop the piece of land isn't a matter of one month or two months. (The application process) already takes more than six months ... for a piece of land," he said.

Mr Phua said the farm, which receives about seven to eight tour groups a day and has a restaurant for corporate functions, will remain open till the end of next year

Last edited by proper-t; 17-06-11 at 09:53.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Looks like Thomson line may be announced soon. ERL will follow in due course
    LTA already said Thomson stations will be announced in 2013 for completion 2018 so ERL should be announced only in 2015 for completion in 2020. Tan Ku Ku Liao. But Thomson Line will be continued/connected with ERL so you can take train from ERL all the way to JB for supper and squatting exercise .

Quote Originally Posted by TOP
    LTA already said Thomson stations will be announced in 2013 for completion 2018 so ERL should be announced only in 2015 for completion in 2020. Tan Ku Ku Liao. But Thomson Line will be continued/connected with ERL so you can take train from ERL all the way to JB for supper and squatting exercise .
    LTA's corp comms tends to play it safe. No issue if announced earlier but if announced later, people will make noise.

From wiki...

The Thomson Line (TSL) will be the sixth Mass Rapid Transit line in Singapore and is currently under planning and evaluation. It will be a fully automatic and driverless system, similar to its three predecessors, and will be completely underground.[1] Announcement of station locations is expected in 2011 or 2012. Completion of the 23-station line (inclusive of 3-reserve stations) is expected in 2018.[2]
    The 30 km rail line will be built from Woodlands in the north, through Ang Mo Kio and down the Thomson corridor to the city centre.[3] In total, there will be 23 stations. En-route, the 30-kilometre line will connect from Marina Bay through the Central Business District and up through Ang Mo Kio all the way to Woodlands connecting estates such as Sin Ming, Kebun Baru, Thomson and Kim Seng which do not now have a direct MRT link.[4]. The latest updates from the Land Transport Authority in June 2011 indicate that the Woodlands station will be the integration point between the TSL and the proposed RTS (Rapid Transit System) to Johor Bahru. The northern-most station on the TSL will be near Republic Polytechnic, and a 32-ha depot will be at Mandai[5].
    It is one of four more rail systems to be built by 2020. The other three rail systems are the Circle MRT Line, the Downtown MRT Line, and the Eastern Region MRT Line. Together, the four will extend the rail network from the current 138 km of track to 278 km by 2020. When completed, it will improve movement in the city centre, with a train station within every 400m on average, roughly equating a five minute walk.[3] Its network density will rise from 31 km per million residents today to 51 km per million. This will surpass what Hong Kong and Tokyo have today and is comparable to current densities in places like New York and London.[6]
    The Eastern Region Line (ERL) will be the seventh Mass Rapid Transit line in Singapore and is currently under planning and evaluation. The construction schedule was announced in 2008 with completion set for 2020.[1] Station locations are expected to be announced in 2012 or 2013.
    The Eastern Region Line will, from Marina Bay, serve the residential estates of Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade, Siglap, Bedok South and Upper East Coast, and link them to Changi in the east and interchange with the future Thomson Line.[2] The line will be 21-km long and have 12 stations.[1] This line follows closely to the southern stretch of the previously planned Eastern Region Line; instead of turning towards Expo, it goes eastwards and ends near Changi Point Ferry Terminal.
    It is the fourth of four rail systems to be completed by 2020. The other three rail systems are the Circle MRT Line, the Downtown MRT Line, and the Thomson MRT Line. Together, the four will extend the rail network from the current 138 km of track to 278 km by 2020. When completed, these lines will improve movement in the city centre, with a train station within every 400m on average, roughly equating a five minute walk.[3]

Is pat schoolhouse at katong shifting or under renovation ?

Saw a group of contractors removing the windows...

Any bros know about it ???

Did anyone read about St Patrick's Garden going en bloc in today's Straits Times page B16?

I just want to bring to your attention that the marketing agent, Colliers International, has "named" 2 stations on the Eastern Region Line MRT as Marine Parade Station and Telok Kurau Station "near" its vicinity, but has stopped short of pin pointing them on the map provided.

If I am not wrong, previously when developers market their projects near yet to be confirmed MRT stations, they were warned not to do so.

So is Colliers is the know or will the relevant authority come "cautioning" again?

I did mention much earlier, however, that there is going to be a MRT exit point next to the Neighbour Police Station just across where St Patrick's Garden is sited.

My 2 worth..

aiyah, katong park, Marine parade, Marine terrace and siglap stations locations are quite confirmed.

its only in between Katong Park and Marine Parade, and also after siglap that is not really clear at this point.

aiyah, katong park, Marine parade, Marine terrace and siglap stations locations are quite confirmed.

its only in between Katong Park and Marine Parade, and also after siglap that is not really clear at this point.
    "quite confirmed" by who??

If its by you, not counted...

Care to substantiate??

My 2 worth..

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    "quite confirmed" by who??

If its by you, not counted...

Care to substantiate??

My 2 worth..
    then wait and see lor....

then wait and see lor....
    That's what we have been doing...patiently of course..

Thomson Line ready by 2018, but stations not announced.
    ERL to be ready by 2020, probably announcement will be made in 2013/2014, or even later, since LTA now focusing on the Sin-JB MRT extension of Thomson line.

any speculation on upper coast station....looks like the plot of land opposite temasek secondary school after bedok south ave 3 might be a suitable location.... ...my 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    any speculation on upper coast station....looks like the plot of land opposite temasek secondary school after bedok south ave 3 might be a suitable location.... ...my 2cents
    There are quite extensive soil testing at Kew Gate.

Quote Originally Posted by levittdub
    There are quite extensive soil testing at Kew Gate.
    Ya... that seems strange though. Big open land opp Temasek Sec School no testing but testing at Kew Gate

Ya... that seems strange though. Big open land opp Temasek Sec School no testing but testing at Kew Gate
    Could be tunnel running below................

I tend to agree with the prediction by sealover. Likely to be around bayshore area and the next station around the bus interchange next to bedok camp

I tend to agree with the prediction by sealover. Likely to be around bayshore area and the next station around the bus interchange next to bedok camp
    Yup seems like it, just that the area around the bus interchange is so sparsely populated and the middle of nowhere.