Page 1 of 37 1234561116212631 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D15 *eastern region line

Default MRT in D15 *eastern region line

hi , saw that the eastern region line has a few MRT stations line up..eg siglap, upper east coast, telok Kurau, Marine parade.
    The location for marine parade is probably more or less known ..but any idea where the rest of them are located ?

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    hi , saw that the eastern region line has a few MRT stations line up..eg siglap, upper east coast, telok Kurau, Marine parade.
    The location for marine parade is probably more or less known ..but any idea where the rest of them are located ?
    Huh?? Pls substantiate where you get the info and details?

Please verify yr source and contact, otherwise its just another heresay/theresay...

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    Huh?? Pls substantiate where you get the info and details?

Please verify yr source and contact, otherwise its just another heresay/theresay...
    I goggled on eastern line and found this link :
    http://www.singaporepropertymarket.c...system_map.htm

I am not able to provide more details as i myself dont know , that why i ask the forumer for feedbacks, opinion.

The only reliable info is here:

http://www.lta.gov.sg/projects/proj_rail_future.htm

Anything else is pure speculation...

Quote Originally Posted by NdB
    The only reliable info is here:

http://www.lta.gov.sg/projects/proj_rail_future.htm

Anything else is pure speculation...
    Thanks for the link...

I thought you knew the exact locations, but these were already mentioned. Everyone is trying to speculate the exact locations.

The exact location of the Marine Parade Station has not been pinpointed yet, so again its anybody's guess....

Any idea whether this is a LRT or MRT?

eh, lemme give raymond lim a call to find out......

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    eh, lemme give raymond lim a call to find out......
    let us know, if you cant get him, try sms, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    let us know, if you cant get him, try sms, ok?
    3 hours liao, still never answer phone or sms?

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    3 hours liao, still never answer phone or sms?
    hahahaa... even IF he does come back with "Raymond Lim's" answer, it would be yet another heresay/theresay.... Until LTA gives official response or Raymond Lim gives reply in an official (aka published capacity), everything else is still based on guesswork.

but then again, IF the mrt line is right inside Opera Estate, do post here kae?

heh, ah lim never pick up phone. maybe busy with the opening of the new helix bridge at MBS

Default MRT in D15 *eastern region line

heh, ah lim never pick up phone. maybe busy with the opening of the new helix bridge at MBS
    Did u call the right Raymond Lim or not??? don't call the one selling phone phones ok...

It is not difficult to guesstimate the future mrt line/stations if you keep watchful eyes on soil investigation done along the line. I think major soil tests started from last year had been done, right now you may see some selective tests to align the track. You can spot three tests around the circle infront of SilverSea last few days.

Default Dreaming

The eartern line is scheduled for 2020. Isn't that way too futuristic to be discussing now?

Soil Test does not mean station will be there, speaking from an engineer's viewpoint. The rail runs underground and soil test will be done in a number of spots. The important question is where will the entrance/exit to the the MRT be? Wherever the station is located, the nearer your apartment is to that, the more valuable it'll be.

I think the station may be closer to schools, colleges and flats. The best place for the mrt tunnel is under the ECP. It will have to go through a lot of pilecaps if run below the marine parade road. Not sure about the soil conditions in that region as it was a man-made ground. Sometimes too close to the tunnel can be a risk.

theoretically should be in a location where there's huge volume of human traffic transiting from point to point; thus the speculation that it's near marine parade central

theoretically should be in a location where there's huge volume of human traffic transiting from point to point; thus the speculation that it's near marine parade central
    Or under Parkway Parade?

It is not always the case. Look at the station at sixth avenue. There is a lot more stations close to the school just like dakota, bukit timah, etc. No land large enough to house a station in marine parade central. Can you find a sizeable piece of land there for the station?

Or under Parkway Parade?
    Marine Parade used to be the sea. The edge of seaview is the beach before the reclamation. Hence, buildings in Marine Parade are sitting on piles that has to be deep enough to find a relatively strong ground.

Quote Originally Posted by CK
    Soil Test does not mean station will be there, speaking from an engineer's viewpoint. The rail runs underground and soil test will be done in a number of spots. The important question is where will the entrance/exit to the the MRT be? Wherever the station is located, the nearer your apartment is to that, the more valuable it'll be.
    That's the reason why I said "keep watchfull eyes". If the soil tests are done opposite each other around 10M apart, it is most probably the track. If there are done quite a distance opposite each other and with certain intensity, it is most probably the station.

Spotting stations before they are known will enable property investors to get bargain from unaware owners. It is quite a norm for garment to announce actual route/stations 7/8 yrs before the line are built so I expect the stations will be known in 2011/2.

As property is locationx3, property in front of the station can command as high as 20% more than those 500m away, so it is very rewarding to do your homework to spot the future stations. So far, my circle of friends have already taken up units around the potention future stations, they have been quite successfull in spotted the previous stations. They are not engineers or LTA/URA connected, their method is very simple in fact common sense: i.e. drive around to spot the soil tests.

But may be it is too late to do it now as most the tests have been done....

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It is not always the case. Look at the station at sixth avenue. There is a lot more stations close to the school just like dakota, bukit timah, etc. No land large enough to house a station in marine parade central. Can you find a sizeable piece of land there for the station?
    sixth avenue is a low density area. can we even point out where's the 'central' hub over there? that's why i mentioned theoretically.

then let's look again where a good portion of where the current mrts are located at - either near to bus interchanges or where there's huge human traffic transit.

as for whether the soil is firm enough, i'm no civil engineer but if PP has been there for ages or was even built in the first place, it must be testament that the safety issue has been considered. you mentioned the roundabout near silversea, that's reclaimed land too.
    anyway, the new marina expressway is constructed below ground and if a huge expressway can be built by excavating sea soil, it just shows that technology must be advanced enough to make it feasible.

since we are not experts in this field, let's agree to disagree that the discussion now is merely based on personal opinions, hearsays, etc. nothing wrong or right about it

isn't it common knowledge it will be on that vast plot of land (now a small park) across MP central obliquely in front of roxy? It's not reclaimed, no deep piling, clears the service duct that runs under marine parade road, and sits on state land.

Default 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Localite
    The eartern line is scheduled for 2020. Isn't that way too futuristic to be discussing now?
    Guys we are speculating about where the mrt station will be in 2020? Do you realise the country and city as we know it could be so different for us to make a meaningful guess.

the eastern line will be ready by 2020 but there should be announcement earlier...as of now, we can only speculate...

if your unit happen to be near the future site, then it a jackpot.
    let see ....how things panned out in the next 3-5 years ...

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    isn't it common knowledge it will be on that vast plot of land (now a small park) across MP central obliquely in front of roxy? It's not reclaimed, no deep piling, clears the service duct that runs under marine parade road, and sits on state land.
    I hear it's the entire area next to Parkway Parade, including the hawkers centre, shop houses, etc. All will be gone.

Er, correct me if I'm wrong....actually the question should not be where the station is (cos it's underground) but where the exit point is (and they don't need a huge space for exit). It's is quite unlike say, Tampines MRT station, where it's above ground so a bigger plot is needed.

Again, I feel that the govt will want to have the exit point(s) to benefit the HDBers (cos they make up the voters) and to benefit the State (meaning near govt-related entities like NTUC, govt shop units, library, schools, etc) and lastly, to be near where the activity is (parkway parade and Marine Central). So, I reckon that the exit will be near the old cinema as it's a short distance from the above mentioned places.

I've got to try to dig for info fr acquaintances working in LTA.

Quote Originally Posted by CK
    I've got to try to dig for info fr acquaintances working in LTA.
    Don't go digging for state secrets. Remember Gray Powell?

Don't go digging for state secrets. Remember Gray Powell?
    Haha...thanks for the reminder! Ok, must go work now....must get big bonus to get my Marine Parade condo!

Quote Originally Posted by sealover
    That's the reason why I said "keep watchfull eyes". If the soil tests are done opposite each other around 10M apart, it is most probably the track. If there are done quite a distance opposite each other and with certain intensity, it is most probably the station.

Spotting stations before they are known will enable property investors to get bargain from unaware owners. It is quite a norm for garment to announce actual route/stations 7/8 yrs before the line are built so I expect the stations will be known in 2011/2.

As property is locationx3, property in front of the station can command as high as 20% more than those 500m away, so it is very rewarding to do your homework to spot the future stations. So far, my circle of friends have already taken up units around the potention future stations, they have been quite successfull in spotted the previous stations. They are not engineers or LTA/URA connected, their method is very simple in fact common sense: i.e. drive around to spot the soil tests.

But may be it is too late to do it now as most the tests have been done....
    Yah, spotted soil tests along amber road, most recently in front of Chinese swimming club. Also around the circus and old carpark. The empty carpark behind Silversea is certainly a large enough space for a station. On-line query from SLA shows it to be state land (HDB).