Page 11 of 122 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162126313641 ... LastLast

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

if u wana tok about cost price of an aston martin in terms of profit margin vs a korean make....ur point doesnt stand anymore

I have not been at orchard road for years, and neither have I been in suntec for years. I know many people who have done the same. I don't see the point, as I can access everything I need where I live, be it dining or shopping.

I have been to sydney and vancouver, and will be in san francisco in August. I enjoy travelling out the country, but not inside the country, which offers little diversity across areas. Everywhere you go, you see the same brands, restaurant chains, and what not.

You get the drift how? what is the point of living in CBD? besides I can get there in 20 minutes if I needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Prices for different brands of cars will not equalize, because quality differs across car brands. Home quality hardly differs across regions in Singapore. So, don't be stupid and use the car analogy.
    haha i can see why ppl are "amused" by you... very clever person u must be hehe ~

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    it does make sense..however, its makes a big difference by calling ppl 'stupid'
    What is wrong with being called stupid? If you don't want to be called stupid, make some sensible comments.

if u wana tok about cost price of an aston martin in terms of profit margin vs a korean make....ur point doesnt stand anymore
    Can kia reach the speed of 100 km per minute in 5 or 6 seconds? You see my point?

i will vy happy to see my current home and other investment ppty to hit just 10% shy of orchard prices...bcoz i cannot afford to own one yet

den i can join u to laugh at those staying in Orchard

Quote Originally Posted by august
    haha i can see why ppl are "amused" by you... very clever person u must be hehe ~
    I am different from most of you singaporeans. I have no tact, and I call things as they are. I know nothing about your asian subtlety. and I absolutely hates it. to me, subtlety and tact means phony.

Prices for different brands of cars will not equalize, because quality differs across car brands. Home quality hardly differs across regions in Singapore. So, don't be stupid and use the car analogy.
    by your definition of quality u can go get a HDB spend 200k reno on it and voila its prime real estate to you!

Hahahaha enough said ~

Can kia reach the speed of 100 km per minute in 5 or 6 seconds? You see my point?
    den how u gona explain the price difference between a Nissan GTR vs any aston martin if u wana tok about performance vs pricing

this question always bothers me! how fast can a performance car goes...can i say limits to today's technology of roughly 5sec for century sprint? however, similar performance vs branding= price differential

there will be a price differential, but it will not be substantial. Wait for orchard road prices to drop to 1,500 psf, and prices in the outlying regions to go up to 1,300 psf. the difference of 200psf accounts for the snob factor.
    i can see some narrowing but probably not to the extent that stanlingrad envisages. areas like cuscaden is so dense, i'm one who favours some good space rather than the crowded feeling. nowadays, you would typically expect to see what programme is on your neighbours TV from across the road. if you can't see, that's actually a luxury of space.

I am different from most of you singaporeans. I have no tact, and I call things as they are. I know nothing about your asian subtlety. and I absolutely hates it. to me, subtlety and tact means phony.
    u sound like a frustrated and angry person, i wonder why

by your definition of quality u can go get a HDB spend 200k reno on it and voila its prime real estate to you!

Hahahaha enough said ~
    no. to me, equality means having access to good shopping, good schools and good facilities. that means, a condo in west coast is as good as one along nassim road or orchard tanlin road, which I have not been at for years, for obvious reasons. need I say more?

u sound like a frustrated and angry person, i wonder why
    Not angry, just making a point. I am actually a jovial person.

den y u r here in the first place?!?!?!

i will vy happy to see my current home and other investment ppty to hit just 10% shy of orchard prices...bcoz i cannot afford to own one yet

den i can join u to laugh at those staying in Orchard
    whether I own a condo at orchard road or in a ulu area is besides the point. I am just making a point, an economic point.

I wish you will own a condo if you wish to.

He is veering towards Singaporean-bashing again, a trait of his. Till now he still refuses to divulge his own nationality... I sense inferiority complex there.

so hating subtlety means the same as hating asia?

He is veering towards Singaporean-bashing again, a trait of his. Till now he still refuses to divulge his own nationality... I sense inferiority complex there.
    Your senses are taking a leave of absence. so are your brains.

but on serious note: can any1 explains y there is such a huge price tag difference between a Nissan GTR vs any aston martin?

i always wonder y ppl r willing to pay for aston martin....

when one can finally afford a let say BMW 318, he/she will ponder y wud ppl wana spend 300k on 7series?!?!

for eg. if u goto sg carmart forum: ppl who drive let say subaru WRX will criticise those who drive a BMW 318i and label them as a BRAND WHORE!

but on serious note: can any1 explains y there is such a huge price tag difference between a Nissan GTR vs any aston martin?

i always wonder y ppl r willing to pay for aston martin....

when one can finally afford a let say BMW 318, he/she will ponder y wud ppl wana spend 300k on 7series?!?!

for eg. if u goto sg carmart forum: ppl who drive let say subaru WRX will criticise those who drive a BMW 318i and label them as a BRAND WHORE!
    No no no, BMWs are much better than subaru. people who are saying otherwise are fooling themselves.

I have actually been in Jaguar, and it is much smoother ride than in a subaru, which is crap in my view. so are corollas.

den can i call those richies 'stupid' as they pay so much more for aston martin?!?!

i remember tat big WOOHAA: 'HDB is PEANUTS'

Do you even know what you are rattling about? How will Orchard and Jurong have a psf differential of only 200psf? However small Singapore might be, there will always be a hierarchy where the rich and average will be differentiated by where they live.

there will be a price differential, but it will not be substantial. Wait for orchard road prices to drop to 1,500 psf, and prices in the outlying regions to go up to 1,300 psf. the difference of 200psf accounts for the snob factor.

Guys please keep to the point and not digress to cars and flames please.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Do you even know what you are rattling about? How will Orchard and Jurong have a psf differential of only 200psf? However small Singapore might be, there will always be a hierarchy where the rich and average will be differentiated by where they live.
    then why prices at west coast have risen from about 500psf to more than 1000 psf from 2007 to 2010, while prices at river valley have actually dropped?

People paying 1/3 of the price of a BMW for a 300hp subaru wrx can let a BMW 3-5 series smell smoke any time on the road. compare road traction and general performance, anyone would be a nut to think that a 2WD is better than an AWD. Talk about interior comfort, a Subaru driver can spend the extra cash and mod the interior to luxury and still have a a hundred thousand of balance cash compared to if he buys a BMW 5 series.

No no no, BMWs are much better than subaru. people who are saying otherwise are fooling themselves.

I have actually been in Jaguar, and it is much smoother ride than in a subaru, which is crap in my view. so are corollas.

what gives you the impression that just becoz west coast goes up to 1k psf, orchard will drop to 1.5k psf? Ur price equalisation theory is flawed coz prime can never be equal or close to equal when compared to suburbs.

then why prices at west coast have risen from about 500psf to more than 1000 psf from 2007 to 2010, while prices at river valley have actually dropped?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    what gives you the impression that just becoz west coast goes up to 1k psf, orchard will drop to 1.5k psf? Ur price equalisation theory is flawed coz prime can never be equal or close to equal when compared to suburbs.
    in 2005/6 i read an article from some property analyst that D1-8 would close up with 9-11

so some truth there
    RV 1400 psf west coast 1000 psf

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    in 2005/6 i read an article from some property analyst that D1-8 would close up with 9-11

so some truth there
    I have even seen some advertisements for caspian selling for 900 psf, while prices for prime areas are stagnant, not to mention the vision selling for 1200psf. It is no longer just a prediction. It is reality.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

so some truth there
    errr...ur figures abit misleading

if wana pluck figures..mabe pluck record prices/average prices/lowest prices in both location to make a fairer comparison?

i do agree tat certain OCR/RCR r playing the catching up with CCR...figures dun lie. however, i wud say a luxury condo in orchard shd at least cost twice of an average mass market condo

i read a comment smwhr...HK mass market condo about 1500psf and their high end about 7k to 10kpsf...i am not sure...just quote wat i read

Sg mass market 800-1kpsf and high end 3-4kpsf

HK also a small country with very gd transport network

I have even seen some advertisements for caspian selling for 900 psf, while prices for prime areas are stagnant, not to mention the vision selling for 1200psf. It is no longer just a prediction. It is reality.
    Even in far north Sembawang / Yishun area shooting past 800psf...